Mark of the Beast (and its eradication)

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Mark of the Beast (and its eradication)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Adjutant influence on the embryonic soul–pre- and post-morotia. But don’t we have to wonder whether residual emotions of fear, anger, and vengefulness carry over?

Think about it. If fear is an adjutant emotion, and the adjutants are not part of mind ministry on the mansion worlds, if the adjutants are left behind on planet earth, how can fear be a part of our morontia minds? There is no adjutant influence at all in the next life. Allow me to repeat: the mind we have in the next life has absolutely no adjutant ministry whatsoever. The ministry to our morontia mind is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, the Adjuster and the cosmic mind, just as it is here on this planet. Where will that emotion of fear come from if it’s stuck to the adjutants encircuiting earth? Fear certainly wasn’t a part of any noble character trait embroidered onto the morontia fabric of our souls during our lifetimes in the flesh. Fear is not a salvable commodity. It served it’s evolutionary purpose on the physical planet, but has no purpose at all on the morontia spheres. Does that sound logical to you?

Hmm…Must have missed where the authors said fear is only associated with adjutant mind on evolutionary worlds. Didn’t the mansion worlders experience fear for their loved ones and from their traitorous angels when rebellion broke out on Jerusem? Maybe not. Is fear strictly animal? What about fear of not passing a morontia exam? Would that be mere anxiety? Am I anthropomorphizing?

our shortcomings and ego attachments will be exposed for excision on mansonia, and that the end scene is the total eradication of the MOTB.

Allow me to admonish you that nothing is excised.

Why o why didn’t I use the word eradicate and avoid a bust? Maybe so you’d render this excellent instruction:

The mansion worlds are a gradual dematerialization process which slowly evolves. The MOTB is simply our materiality which gradually transforms 570 times becoming spiritual rather than material. We begin on the first mansion world almost entirely material and progress to first-stage spirit beings who no longer need a new body, or life form, to continue spiritual growth. The MOTB is nothing more than shedding the material gravity pull and embracing the spiritual gravity drawing power to ascend..

A throwing off of the chains of materiality, so to speak.

When you depict these events in writing you need to understand the morontia psyche. The best way to understand that is to be familiar with the psyche of your own soul in regards to interpersonal relationships.

Always working on that. It was a hard lesson, not everyone loves my soulful harmonica playing :-(  

On the mansion worlds we will be known by the persons we associate with..

Really! I suspect we’d constantly be put into situations that get us out of our social bubbles. There are those revelations about living with diverse beings for growth in understanding, tact, and tolerance. And presumably, ERADICATION of MOTB.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Rick, Bonita, You provide good reading here and I’d bet many people would appreciate your insightful clarity on this topic. Would you, perhaps with others also, collaborate writing a paper, essay on this topic? Perhaps, if its published online at your preferred site, UAI Journal and Fellowship Herald would publish the URL link to find your piece. Discussing this with my wife briefly, hearing her response about other persons’ definitions, I am reminded of profound error about the MOTB. Intuition tells me the need for clarity is great. Perhaps removing fear about the MOTB would be a great service, as new dignity would result! Is this possible?

Thanks Mark, we’re thinking alike. The underlying purpose, the reason behind this thread was to test the potential and possibility of writing about the MOTB eradication process on mansonia, maybe as a follow up story to Resurrection Hall. But that’s a couple years ahead, a goodly period to let the idea simmer on one of the back burners of the blessed Mind. Much appreciate everyone’s input, just what was hoped for.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Here’s the quote, from the Section on the seventh and final Mansion World:

…Here you will be purged of all the remnants of unfortunate heredity, unwholesome environment, and unspiritual planetary tendencies. The last remnants of the “mark of the beast” are here eradicated…. 47:9.1 (538.6)

Question: did Jesus have the MOTB?

While he was on earth, he attained or achieved the circles of mind understanding and personality control. . .

134:8.4  Jesus spent the last three weeks of August and the first three weeks of September on Mount Hermon. During these weeks he finished the mortal task of achieving the circles of mind-understanding and personality-control. Throughout this period of communion with his heavenly Father the indwelling Adjuster also completed the assigned services. The mortal goal of this earth creature was there attained. Only the final phase of mind and Adjuster attunement remained to be consummated.
    134:8.5   After more than five weeks of unbroken communion with his Paradise Father, Jesus became absolutely assured of his nature and of the certainty of his triumph over the material levels of time-space personality manifestation. He fully believed in, and did not hesitate to assert, the ascendancy of his divine nature over his human nature.
    In other words he functioned as a dual personality – human and divine – the Son of Man and the Son of God.

Is the MOTB erradicated when we fuse?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Here’s the quote, from the Section on the seventh and final Mansion World:

…Here you will be purged of all the remnants of unfortunate heredity, unwholesome environment, and unspiritual planetary tendencies. The last remnants of the “mark of the beast” are here eradicated…. 47:9.1 (538.6)

Question: did Jesus have the MOTB? While he was on earth, he attained or achieved the circles of mind understanding and personality control. . .

Interesting question, Mara. I would postulate, that if his life was sinless, and we have every reason to think it was, where then would the MOTB take root? On what fold of mind would it appear?
    134:8.4 Jesus spent the last three weeks of August and the first three weeks of September on Mount Hermon. During these weeks he finished the mortal task of achieving the circles of mind-understanding and personality-control. Throughout this period of communion with his heavenly Father the indwelling Adjuster also completed the assigned services. The mortal goal of this earth creature was there attained. Only the final phase of mind and Adjuster attunement remained to be consummated.
    134:8.5 After more than five weeks of unbroken communion with his Paradise Father, Jesus became absolutely assured of his nature and of the certainty of his triumph over the material levels of time-space personality manifestation. He fully believed in, and did not hesitate to assert, the ascendancy of his divine nature over his human nature.
    In other words he functioned as a dual personality – human and divine – the Son of Man and the Son of God. Is the MOTB eradicated when we fuse?

As I understand it, we all have to eradicate the MOTB before fusion can take place. Your quote is the only MOTB quote in the UB:

But there is another mention of “the beast”:

He recorded: “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire; and those who had gained the victory over the beast that was originally in them and over the image that persisted through the mansion worlds and finally over the last mark and trace, standing on the sea of glass, having the harps of God, and singing the song of deliverance from mortal fear and death.” 47:10:2 (539.4)

We gotta have the words and tune of that song :)

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I would postulate, that if his life was sinless, and we have every reason to think it was, where then would the MOTB take root? On what fold of mind would it appear?

The MOTB has nothing to do with sin, it doesn’t take root and it doesn’t suddenly appear.  The metaphor of the beast has nothing at all to do with the Book of Revelations or Lucifer/Satan.  The metaphor of the beast has to do with our animal origins, our materiality. If there’s any beast it would be our racial inheritance, our original andonic or Sangik traits which have their roots in our early primitive ancestors.

The MOTB is not a “fold of mind”.  It is character traits tainted by animal legacy, or materiality.  Not all of our animal legacy is bad, most of it  has great potential, and none of it is sinful, just immature and imperfect, which makes it evil.  As we ascend through the mansion world system our characters become more adorable, in other words, more lovable, more spiritually attractive, less beastly or animal-like.

47:8.7 The shadow of the mortal nature grows less and less as these worlds are ascended one by one. You are becoming more and more adorable as you leave behind the coarse vestiges of planetary animal origin. “Coming up through great tribulation” serves to make glorified mortals very kind and understanding, very sympathetic and tolerant.

As I understand it, we all have to eradicate the MOTB before fusion can take place.

Well that can’t be true if the MOTB is not purged until the very last mansion world.  If that were true Jesus wouldn’t have gone to the  mansion worlds like EVERY mortal must.  No one gets to skip the mansion worlds, not even those who fuse and are translated.

55:2.7 Mortal observers can see nothing of their translated associates subsequent to the fusion flash. Such translated souls proceed by Adjuster transit direct to the resurrection hall of the appropriate morontia-training world.

I think only souls from planets in the final stage of planetary light and life can skip the mansion worlds, but those planets themselves are essentially equivalent to the mansion world experience where materiality is eliminated prior to fusion. In other words, they don’t need 570 transitions in order to make it to first-stage spirit status.  Somehow that happens on the planet of nativity.  But they only nearly escape the mansion world experience, they probably do need at least one transition in life form in order to begin their local universe career.

55:2.9 The translated souls of the flowering ages of the settled spheres do not pass through the mansion worlds. Neither do they sojourn, as students, on the morontia worlds of the system or constellation. They do not pass through any of the earlier phases of morontia life. They are the only ascending mortals who so nearly escape the morontia transition from material existence to semispirit status.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I’m beginning to see a possible reason why Michael chose Urantia for his seventh bestowal. It is unlikely he would have selected a planet further along, spiritually speaking, because he could do the most good for his entire universe right here on Urantia. No doubt there are millions of reasons, and his achievements are beyond my comprehension. But it stands to reason in my mind that he passed through the MOTB, as every Urantia mortal would, if he or she sought to do the will of God and chose to do it.

Jesus lived alone with God for six weeks on the slopes of Mount Hermon. While there, he completed the task set for Creator Sons to live to the full the incarnated life in the likeness of mortal flesh on the evolutionary worlds of time and space. He became the unquestioned sovereign of Nebadon. While there, Gabriel told him “Your course from now on is a matter of your own choosing.” The rest of his life, we are informed, was a purely personal ministry. (186:5.3 ) I’m so glad he stayed, so that we could have so many fascinating pictures of the rest of his life and earth ministry. It’s given me such a spiritual boost over the years.

And, via the book, we have glimpses of his morontia career. It wasn’t required that he go through the morontia regime by my way of understanding. He chose to do so for the benefit of this universe to further reveal the will of God to his creatures. (191:3.1)

André
    André
    Participant

Dears friends,

Reading that interesting exange, trigger my personnal perception about MOTB.

Yours coverage’s angles on the subject is pretty large and substantial.

Lets expose mine …

The last remnants of the “mark of the beast” are here eradicated…. 47:9.1

MOTB as false errors are synonyms. They are expected on every sphere of 7 universes. Where unfortunate, unspirituals, unperfect situations abide. Mansions worlds are corrective intercourse in such ascending circonstances. Planets where evolutionnary achievement are undisturbed with God’s plans proceed trhoughout the ages of light and life and translaters souls of flowering ages skip morontial stage for semi-spiritual to Salvington. 55:2.9

Bonita, you refered judicially about an essential ingredient wich will be available there; the Mota.
    So essential, so vital for growth… they found wiser to not reveal it prematurely.

So, tell me about your method of dealing with the mark ?

The MOTB represent all those errors, undiluded evil, ignorance, immaturate factors, each misconception of illusionnary’s goal falsely set to reach out (act upon).

Which prompts such interests as thinking about beginning the eradication process of the mark while still on Urantia.
    … so do I. And such “eradication” is available — right here, right now — without superphilosphy, the Mota. We are assist with The First Source and Center of all.

“I” figure it out, guided towards 156:5.5. a long time ago.

“I” mumblering, pray, meditate on it for so long. Requesting Will of God in exange (surrending) of “will of men”.

Either as TUB said; ” … albeit no religious development occurs without conscious effort and positive and individual determination” 103:2.1

To conclude this partake about ascension Jesus never promote self-back examination to pull out an error but invite a welcoming Truth, wich will infaillibly correct such bestial/human behavior.

Mara !!! …. good to hear from you. I think MOTB was a genetic process wich each human have to face. Jesus included.

André

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Dears friends, Reading that interesting exange, trigger my personnal perception about MOTB. Yours coverage’s angles on the subject is pretty large and substantial. Lets expose mine … The last remnants of the “mark of the beast” are here eradicated…. 47:9.1 MOTB as false errors are synonyms. They are expected on every sphere of 7 universes. Where unfortunate, unspirituals, unperfect situations abide. Mansions worlds are corrective intercourse in such ascending circonstances. Planets where evolutionnary achievement are undisturbed with God’s plans proceed trhoughout the ages of light and life and translaters souls of flowering ages skip morontial stage for semi-spiritual to Salvington. 55:2.9 Bonita, you refered judicially about an essential ingredient wich will be available there; the Mota. So essential, so vital for growth… they found wiser to not reveal it prematurely. So, tell me about your method of dealing with the mark ? The MOTB represent all those errors, undiluded evil, ignorance, immaturate factors, each misconception of illusionnary’s goal falsely set to reach out (act upon). Which prompts such interests as thinking about beginning the eradication process of the mark while still on Urantia. … so do I. And such “eradication” is available — right here, right now — without superphilosphy, the Mota. We are assist with The First Source and Center of all. “I” figure it out, guided towards 156:5.5. a long time ago. “I” mumblering, pray, meditate on it for so long. Requesting Will of God in exange (surrending) of “will of men”. Either as TUB said; ” … albeit no religious development occurs without conscious effort and positive and individual determination” 103:2.1 To conclude this partake about ascension Jesus never promote self-back examination to pull out an error but invite a welcoming Truth, wich will infaillibly correct such bestial/human behavior. Mara !!! …. good to hear from you. I think MOTB was a genetic process wich each human have to face. Jesus included. André

That turned into a great thread, thanks Andre, everyone. I learned a lot. Additional comments are invited.

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Dear friends,

Must be acknowledge, first exercise in our life, is to express our individuality.

My post exactly conform to this suitable action.  But read it over was holed with potential for coordination and harmony.

A lot of what I wrote could have been improved if I did take the time to think twice if not seven time.

Nevertheless, by chance I can count on you to pinpoint a better direction.

Warms regards,

André

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Dear friends, Must be acknowledge, first exercise in our life, is to express our individuality. My post exactly conform to this suitable action. But read it over was holed with potential for coordination and harmony. A lot of what I wrote could have been improved if I did take the time to think twice if not seven time. Nevertheless, by chance I can count on you to pinpoint a better direction. Warms regards, André

Dear André, must acknowledge similar holes in my individuality. Seriously tho, seven times! Impatience won’t ever allow it ;-) But at least, we are thinking and hopefully self-correcting. Perfection of understanding may take an eternity (or two).

Richard E Warren

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.