Intellectual crystallization of religious concepts.

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Intellectual crystallization of religious concepts.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

How so?

Do you mean to tell me that you don’t know your writing is wordy and illogical a good bit of the time? Especially the post I responded to.  I’m saying you are just as guilty of  what you accuse Bradly of.  I guess you don’t recognize it in yourself, but at least you know now.  I’m not complaining about it, just bringing it to your attention.  Don’t take it as a personal criticism or attack.  I’m wordy too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

MidiChlorian wrote: How so?

Do you mean to tell me that you don’t know your writing is wordy and illogical a good bit of the time? Especially the post I responded to. I’m saying you are just as guilty of what you accuse Bradly of. I guess you don’t recognize it in yourself, but at least you know now. I’m not complaining about it, just bringing it to your attention. Don’t take it as a personal criticism or attack. I’m wordy too.

This response does not answer my question.  What it does answer is: “Why so?”, based on your opinion, not your analysis.

Sometimes, I wonder that many responses are not read through in their entirety, and only respond to “stop words”, which I define as words or phrases that stop the reader, from reading further, or comprehend anything additional which was written, because their emotional affect has been focused only on the stop words.  In the response you are replying too, I gave a reason, yet it would seem that regardless of what I would write, your focus is on only one thing, where the following responses would tend to antagonize an opponent, so to speak, or to continue further, without stating a subject.

I have mentioned to Bradly, often in the past that his responses are wordy, but in the sense that he uses many related words, that do not necessarily relate to the subject matter.  They all sound great but most often have little meaning, because these words make his narration sound like he really knows what the subject is about.  In the same sense, where this notion got started with my post to him regarding his use of words, which he then responded, in some way as to agree to its confusion, and then proceeds to explain better, where sometimes he does and then sometimes he does not, like today’s response, which to me, seemed just as confusing.  But, that was my perception, so took his explanation in kind.

So, it would seem that you did not read my last post to you, or so it would seem because I’m thinking that you wanted to address the “Why so?” versus the “How so?” question.  If one does not understand what has been written, then one should ask more specific questions, that would require a more detailed response, possibly in a different format as to present various forms of context, rather then content.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Oh dear…kind of out in the weeds here as Mara says…haha!  My “wordiness” cannot be denied.  = )  My lack of clarity in expression is often enough true enough to not argue the accusation.  But I am unsure why those personal traits are topical?

What the definition of my definition (?!) is depends upon what one’s definition of ‘is’ is…..hahaha.

Perhaps we should break down the topic…what is intellectual crystallization?  The better to understand the intellectual crystallization of ‘religious concepts’.

Some perspective and definitions from Wiki:

In psychology, fluid and crystallized intelligence (respectively abbreviated Gf and Gc) are factors of general intelligence, originally identified by Raymond Cattell.[1] Concepts of fluid and crystallized intelligence were further developed by Cattell’s student, John L. Horn.
    Fluid intelligence or fluid reasoning is the capacity to reason and solve novel problems, independent of any knowledge from the past.[2] It is the ability to analyze novel problems, identify patterns and relationships that underpin these problems and the extrapolation of these using logic. It is necessary for all logical problem solving, e.g., in scientific, mathematical, and technical problem solving. Fluid reasoning includes inductive reasoning and deductive reasoning.

Crystallized intelligence is the ability to use skills, knowledge, and experience. It does not equate to memory, but it does rely on accessing information from long-term memory. Crystallized intelligence is one’s lifetime of intellectual achievement, as demonstrated largely through one’s vocabulary and general knowledge. This improves somewhat with age, as experiences tend to expand one’s knowledge.
    The terms are somewhat misleading because one is not a “crystallized” form of the other. Rather, they are believed to be separate neural and mental systems. Crystallized intelligence is indicated by a person’s depth and breadth of general knowledge, vocabulary, and the ability to reason using words and numbers. It is the product of educational and cultural experience in interaction with fluid intelligence.

Fluid intelligence generally correlates with measures of abstract reasoning and puzzle solving. Crystallized intelligence correlates with abilities that depend on knowledge and experience, such as vocabulary, general information, and analogies.

Me here:  It would appear to me that religion is fluid…an experience that does not end and offers no end…it is progressive and dynamic and ongoing….or it becomes fixed and crystallized.  Knowledge and experience acquired is crystallized into functional information – it is the aggregation of prior accumulation and has great value and purpose and functionality.  But to ‘fix’ or ‘set’ that body of knowledge regarding “religious concepts” is then to stop/cease in further experience and to halt the realization of potential.  We are taught that we move closer to God or further away – by every choice we make.  To halt progress or accept the current knowledge-set/belief-set is to give up on the adventure of actualization and reality-ization of personal-self.

God knows all and is all and yet, through the Sons and by the Supreme, God still experiences progressive potential realization.

I hope the definition of my definition might be clearer?   Hahahahahaha.  If not, I’ll keep trying for I am as resolved and patient as I am wordy and confusing.

;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

The quotes below are from a one time mortal born on another material/mortal world!!  As potential-realized/actualized delivers ever more potential for further realization/actualization, then must the mind fluidly adjust to realized potential and further potentials.  The universe flows and motion never stops and our experience ever delivers further material AND religious concepts for integration, harmonization, expression, and realization/actualization.  To stop growth is to begin death I think.  Hopefully, the ‘flicker’ will deliver us to a place and a time where more potential is realized and we are activated and motivated to relish the adventures ahead!

42:10.1 (480.4) The endless sweep of relative cosmic reality, from the absoluteness of Paradise monota to the absoluteness of space potency, is suggestive of certain evolutions of relationship in the nonspiritual realities of the First Source and Center — those realities which are concealed in space potency, revealed in monota, and provisionally disclosed on intervening cosmic levels. This eternal cycle of energy, being circuited in the Father of universes, is absolute and, being absolute, is expansile in neither fact nor value; nevertheless the Primal Father is even now — as always — self-realizing of an ever-expanding arena of time-space, and of time-space-transcended, meanings, an arena of changing relationships wherein energy-matter is being progressively subjected to the overcontrol of living and divine spirit through the experiential striving of living and personal mind.

42:12.9 (483.9) Mind is always creative. The mind endowment of an individual animal, mortal, morontian, spirit ascender, or finality attainer is always competent to produce a suitable and serviceable body for the living creature identity. But the presence phenomenon of a personality or the pattern of an identity, as such, is not a manifestation of energy, either physical, mindal, or spiritual. The personality form is the pattern aspect of a living being; it connotes the arrangement of energies, and this, plus life and motion, is the mechanism of creature existence.

42:12.14 (484.2) The spirit is the creative reality; the physical counterpart is the time-space reflection of the spirit reality, the physical repercussion of the creative action of spirit-mind.

42:12.15 (484.3) Mind universally dominates matter, even as it is in turn responsive to the ultimate overcontrol of spirit. And with mortal man, only that mind which freely submits itself to the spirit direction can hope to survive the mortal time-space existence as an immortal child of the eternal spirit world of the Supreme, the Ultimate, and the Absolute: the Infinite.

42:12.16 (484.4) [Presented by a Mighty Messenger on duty in Nebadon and by the request of Gabriel.]

:-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

What the definition of my definition (?!) is depends upon what one’s definition of ‘is’ is…..hahaha.

I was thinking the same thing.  Talk about weeds.

But to ‘fix’ or ‘set’ that body of knowledge regarding “religious concepts” is then to stop/cease in further experience and to halt the realization of potential.

There’s a quote for that.  It’s about the four phases of the evolution of religious philosophy.  Apparently people can get stuck in any of those phases, which is a form of fixation or crystallization.  The fourth phase is where it’s at:

101.7.4  The great difference between a religious and a nonreligious philosophy of living consists in the nature and level of recognized values and in the object of loyalties. There are four phases in the evolution of religious philosophy: Such an experience may become merely conformative, resigned to submission to tradition and authority. Or it may be satisfied with slight attainments, just enough to stabilize the daily living, and therefore becomes early arrested on such an adventitious level. Such mortals believe in letting well enough alone. A third group progress to the level of logical intellectuality but there stagnate in consequence of cultural slavery. It is indeed pitiful to behold giant intellects held so securely within the cruel grasp of cultural bondage. It is equally pathetic to observe those who trade their cultural bondage for the materialistic fetters of a science, falsely so called. The fourth level of philosophy attains freedom from all conventional and traditional handicaps and dares to think, act, and live honestly, loyally, fearlessly, and truthfully.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.