Gems of thought

Home Forums Inspiration Gems of thought

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    141:2.1   The night before they left Pella, Jesus gave the apostles some further instruction with regard to the new kingdom. Said the Master: “You have been taught to look for the coming of the kingdom of God, and now I come announcing that this long-looked-for kingdom is near at hand, even that it is already here and in our midst. In every kingdom there must be a king seated upon his throne and decreeing the laws of the realm. And so have you developed a concept of the kingdom of heaven as a glorified rule of the Jewish people over all the peoples of the earth with Messiah sitting on David’s throne and from this place of miraculous power promulgating the laws of all the world. But, my children, you see not with the eye of faith, and you hear not with the understanding of the spirit. I declare that the kingdom of heaven is the realization and acknowledgment of God’s rule within the hearts of men. True, there is a King in this kingdom, and that King is my Father and your Father. We are indeed his loyal subjects, but far transcending that fact is the transforming truth that we are his sons. In my life this truth is to become manifest to all. Our Father also sits upon a throne, but not one made with hands. The throne of the Infinite is the eternal dwelling place of the Father in the heaven of heavens; he fills all things and proclaims his laws to universes upon universes. And the Father also rules within the hearts of his children on earth by the spirit which he has sent to live within the souls of mortal men.
    Deuteronomy 10:14  “Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it”; “To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.”; “Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD’S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.”
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    2:5.3   The Creators are the very first to attempt to save man from the disastrous results of his foolish transgression of the divine laws. God’s love is by nature a fatherly affection; therefore does he sometimes “chasten us for our own profit, that we may be partakers of his holiness.” Even during your fiery trials remember that “in all our afflictions he is afflicted with us.”
    Hebrews 12:10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
    Isaiah 63:9  . . . in all our afflictions he is afflicted with us . . . .
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    3:6.6   Does the Paradise Father suffer? I do not know. The Creator Sons most certainly can and sometimes do, even as do mortals. The Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit suffer in a modified sense. I think the Universal Father does, but I cannot understand how; perhaps through the personality circuit or through the individuality of the Thought Adjusters and other bestowals of his eternal nature. He has said of the mortal races, “In all your afflictions I am afflicted.” He unquestionably experiences a fatherly and sympathetic understanding; he may truly suffer, but I do not comprehend the nature thereof.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    148:5.5   “But, Nathaniel, there is much in the Scriptures which would have instructed you if you had only read with discernment. Do you not remember that it is written:’My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction, for whom the Lord loves he corrects, even as the father corrects the son in whom he takes delight.’The Lord does not afflict willingly.’Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now do I keep the law. Affliction was good for me that I might thereby learn the divine statutes.’I know your sorrows. The eternal God is your refuge, while underneath are the everlasting arms.’The Lord also is a refuge for the oppressed, a haven of rest in times of trouble.’The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of affliction; the Lord will not forget the sick.’As a father shows compassion for his children, so is the Lord compassionate to those who fear him. He knows your body; he remembers that you are dust.’He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.’He is the hope of the poor, the strength of the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, and a shadow from the devastating heat.’He gives power to the faint, and to them who have no might he increases strength.’A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax he will not quench.’When you pass through the waters of affliction, I will be with you, and when the rivers of adversity overflow you, I will not forsake you.’He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and to comfort all who mourn.’There is correction in suffering; affliction does not spring forth from the dust.”
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    148:6.10   “Job was altogether right when he challenged the doctrine that God afflicts children in order to punish their parents. Job was ever ready to admit that God is righteous, but he longed for some soul-satisfying revelation of the personal character of the Eternal. And that is our mission on earth. No more shall suffering mortals be denied the comfort of knowing the love of God and understanding the mercy of the Father in heaven. While the speech of God spoken from the whirlwind was a majestic concept for the day of its utterance, you have already learned that the Father does not thus reveal himself, but rather that he speaks within the human heart as a still, small voice, saying,’This is the way; walk therein. Do you not comprehend that God dwells within you, that he has become what you are that he may make you what he is!”
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

(1443.3) 131:1.7 “In your lives overthrow error and overcome evil by the love of the living truth. In all your relations with men do good for evil. The Lord God is merciful and loving; he is forgiving. Let us love God, for he first loved us. By God’s love and through his mercy we shall be saved. Poor men and rich men are brothers. God is their Father. The evil you would not have done you, do not to others.” (See Paper 131)

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Thank you Mara. In our study group, now called a discovery group, we had a Part IV theme, What does it truly mean for me to follow Jesus? There are two ancillary questions to help determine personal meaning: What must I add to my life? Plus What should I remove from my life and beliefs? No one was required to answer to the group.

It seems to me these are super important questions for personal assessment for progress. What is doctrine or how could any ecclesiastical authority, compared to an honest look at spiritual self for relationships, be more important? To follow Jesus is everything to a brave and faithful soul.

Still working on this!!!!!

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

our study group, now called a discovery group

That’s cool!

150:5.2 [Part IV]
    “When men and women ask what shall we do to be saved, you shall answer, Believe this gospel of the kingdom; accept divine forgiveness. By faith recognize the indwelling spirit of God, whose acceptance makes you a son of God. Have you not read in the Scriptures where it says,’In the Lord have I righteousness and strength. Also where the Father says,’My righteousness is near; my salvation has gone forth, and my arms shall enfold my people.’My soul shall be joyful in the love of my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation and has covered me with the robe of his righteousness. Have you not also read of the Father that his name’shall be called the Lord our righteousness.’Take away the filthy rags of self-righteousness and clothe my son with the robe of divine righteousness and eternal salvation. It is forever true,’the just shall live by faith. Entrance into the Father’s kingdom is wholly free, but progress — growth in grace — is essential to continuance therein.
     “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.”
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

From Paper 131 

(1443.5) 131:1.9 “If the faith of the Most High has entered your heart, then shall you abide free from fear throughout all the days of your life. Fret not yourself because of the prosperity of the ungodly; fear not those who plot evil; let the soul turn away from sin and put your whole trust in the God of salvation. The weary soul of the wandering mortal finds eternal rest in the arms of the Most High; the wise man hungers for the divine embrace; the earth child longs for the security of the arms of the Universal Father. The noble man seeks for that high estate wherein the soul of the mortal blends with the spirit of the Supreme. God is just: What fruit we receive not from our plantings in this world we shall receive in the next.”

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

131:3.6  He is the greatest of warriors who overcomes and subdues himself. Restraint in all things is good. He alone is a superior person who esteems virtue and is observant of his duty. Let not anger and hate master you. Speak harshly of no one. Contentment is the greatest wealth. What is given wisely is well saved. Do not to others those things you would not wish done to you. Pay good for evil; overcome evil with the good.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

131:8.4  He is a wise man who regards all parts from the point of view of the whole.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

131:8.5   Always remember that God does not reward man for what he does but for what he is; therefore should you extend help to your fellows without the thought of rewards. Do good without thought of benefit to the self.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    132:3.4   Revealed truth, personally discovered truth, is the supreme delight of the human soul. . . .
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

132:4.8    “Upon the impartiality, fairness, and integrity of its courts the endurance of a nation depends. Civil government is founded on justice, even as true religion is founded on mercy.”

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.