faith

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vern
    Vern
    Participant

This my favourite quote regarding faith, one which may be familiar to you too.

(1141.5) 103:9.7 Faith most willingly carries reason along as far as reason can go and then goes on with wisdom to the full philosophic limit; and then it dares to launch out upon the limitless and never-ending universe journey in the sole company of TRUTH.

Share your own with me.

Vern
    Vern
    Participant

(28.1) 1:5.4 Even though material mortals cannot see the person of God, they should rejoice in the assurance that he is a person; by faith accept the truth which portrays that the Universal Father so loved the world as to provide for the eternal spiritual progression of its lowly inhabitants; that he “delights in his children.” God is lacking in none of those superhuman and divine attributes which constitute a perfect, eternal, loving, and infinite Creator personality.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Faith is active!  It cannot be considered a material thing or prize or a collection.  It is a result of willful decision to proceed in belief in something “outside” of one’s self, a person or possibilities of some superior being.  It is not static or stagnant, but is truly an action of mind.  Will is the combination of all of mind’s ability to choose and includes one’s whole personality and desire to participate.  A simple example:  A farmer prepares a field, purchases seed and fertilizer, and installs the seed in a machine and then drives the planter over the prepared field.  At completion the farmer knows of his intentions and has faith the seed will germinate and yield a product.  Its too simple, but yet the analogy of action in place of inaction is noteworthy.

Bill Beasley
    Participant

Faith is that element beyond belief that confirms your suspicions that your children WILL eventually grow up:)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Very funny Bill. ……… And that I might be too!!!  ;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Faith is the eternity bridge……

(1118.3) 102:0.3 This saving faith has its birth in the human heart when the moral consciousness of man realizes that human values may be translated in mortal experience from the material to the spiritual, from the human to the divine, from time to eternity.

1. Assurances of Faith

(1118.4) 102:1.1 The work of the Thought Adjuster constitutes the explanation of the translation of man’s primitive and evolutionary sense of duty into that higher and more certain faith in the eternal realities of revelation. There must be perfection hunger in man’s heart to insure capacity for comprehending the faith paths to supreme attainment. If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man.

Vern
    Vern
    Participant

The “assurance of faith” is the antidote to the pitfalls of pride.

<sup style=”font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit;”>(1674.5) <sup style=”font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit;”>149:5.3 Much of man’s sorrow is born of the disappointment of his ambitions and the wounding of his pride. Although men owe a duty to themselves to make the best of their lives on earth, having thus sincerely exerted themselves, they should cheerfully accept their lot and exercise ingenuity in making the most of that which has fallen to their hands. All too many of man’s troubles take origin in the fear soil of his own natural heart. ‘The wicked flee when no man pursues.’ ‘The wicked are like the troubled sea, for it cannot rest, but its waters cast up mire and dirt; there is no peace, says God, for the wicked.’

<sup style=”font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit;”>(1674.6) <sup style=”font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit;”>149:5.4 “Seek not, then, for false peace and transient joy but rather for the assurance of faith and the sureties of divine sonship which yield composure, contentment, and supreme joy in the spirit.”

<sup style=”font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit;”>(1675.1) <sup style=”font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit;”>149:5.5 Jesus hardly regarded this world as a “vale of tears.” He rather looked upon it as the birth sphere of the eternal and immortal spirits of Paradise ascension, the “vale of soul making.”

Vern
    Vern
    Participant

By faith we are certain of sonship with God

<em style=”font-weight: inherit; font-style: italic;”><strong style=”font-weight: bold; font-style: inherit;”>“…sureties of divine sonship which yield composure, contentment, and supreme joy in the spirit.”

André
    André
    Participant

Bonjour everyone,

19:5.12     post #24615 MidiChlorian

Amazing.

I do a search through the website and was unsuccessful finding this quote from UB. Either on Urantia Foundation search website engine.

I do find this smaller thread talking about faith  …  3 years ago.

It might be time to approach it.

19:5.12

And from all this, you mortals, just now taking your first step on the eternal journey, can well see that you must advance a long way before you will progress by “sight” and “material” assurance. You will long use faith and be dependent on revelation if you hope to progress quickly and safely.

question:     Will there be a time when faith will no longer be necessary ?

André

NB.-   … still have few interesting cards at hands. What’s in yours?

Gene
    Participant

Faith is that element beyond belief that confirms your suspicions that your children WILL eventually grow up:)

hilarious

i have 2 in their 40’s – one grew up long ago and now I have renewed faith the other will experience this release from the addiction to childhood, thank you Bill.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

question:     Will there be a time when faith will no longer be necessary ?

In my human smallness I cannot imagine a time when faith will no longer be necessary.  I looked up “Father finding” because we are meant to find our heavenly Father on Paradise, as a step of His plan for one-time finite mortals.  But there is much more to do after that.  It seems to be a never-ending discovery.

27:7.8[Part I]
    After the attainment of the supreme satisfaction of the fullness of worship, you are qualified for admission to the Corps of the Finality. The ascendant career is well-nigh finished, and the seventh jubilee prepares for celebration. The first jubilee marked the mortal agreement with the Thought Adjuster when the purpose to survive was sealed; the second was the awakening in the morontia life; the third was the fusion with the Thought Adjuster; the fourth was the awakening in Havona; the fifth celebrated the finding of the Universal Father; and the sixth jubilee was the occasion of the Paradise awakening from the final transit slumber of time. The seventh jubilee marks entrance into the mortal finaliter corps and the beginning of the eternity service. The attainment of the seventh stage of spirit realization by a finaliter will probably signalize the celebration of the first of the jubilees of eternity.
    I think the gift of the experience of faith becomes a part of who we are, and we take it with us and employ it even as finaliters.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.