Explanation for Closure of Thread

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Explanation for Closure of Thread

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Moderator-2

Dear fellow readers and students of The Urantia Book,

I have just closed the thread, “I’m Wearing a Black Armband”. The thread was started by Mara who asked for it to be removed once she realised that it was attracting partisan political views. Unfortunately, by the time I received Mara’s request the discussion was well underway. I hesitated to halt proceedings because some posts contained useful references from the UB that pertained to the concepts of civilization, government, and social evolution. However, the tone of the thread quickly deteriorated and it became necessary to close the thread.

I wish to use this opportunity to remind participants that the purpose of the Urantia Association’s forum is to facilitate friendly and respectful discussion and research of the 5th Epochal Revelation. Promotion of personal political and religious views is not welcome on the site. This doesn’t mean that personal opinions and beliefs can’t be expressed but it needs to be done thoughtfully and sensitively with due consideration and respect for the diversity of views represented here.

Administering these guidelines is always a tricky process given that circumstances sometimes arise that are either not clear-cut or are at least somewhat ambiguous.

Please don’t interpret my comments as in any way discouraging free and robust debate and commentary. Just endeavour to keep it focused on The Urantia Book and in accordance with the Forum’s guidelines.

I truly admire the passion and scholarly wisdom that you dedicated posters bring to this site!

With love and respect!

Moderator 2

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Testing replies. Please ignore.

From Sydney, Australia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.