Do spiritual beings have egos in TUB?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Do spiritual beings have egos in TUB?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keryn
    Participant

As I was reading last night, I came upon this statement at the end of paper 18 “The Supreme Trinity Personalities”:

18:7.4(213.6) Like the Union of Days on a universe headquarters, the Faithfuls of Days maintain their personal residences on the constellation capitals separate from those of the administrative directors of such realms. Their abodes are indeed modest in comparison with the homes of the Vorondadek rulers of the constellations.

I’m curious why the revelators felt it was necessary to include this detail about the differentiated size of homes of the different types of spiritual beings?   Is there a sense of status, ego, competition among these beings?  Why would their homes need to be ‘modest in comparison’ since it seems there is plenty of geographic land space on the architectural spheres?  Is it a means of keeping the lower beings humble or something?  Keeping them in their ‘place’?

I would love to hear others’ thoughts on this.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Keryn…a most interesting topic.  While I need additional research to opine about the specific situation described in your question and quote, the “egos” question reminded me that celestials must have something akin to ego, although it would be very different in some regards.  Ego though, at its root, is I think “self” attachment or self importance relative to other “selves”.  It is something that is retained somehow beyond our material and mortal experience….there will always be a “self” and the free will to self determine our motives, intentions, priorities, and choices which are a true reflection of our self centeredness or self forgetfulness.  I post the following to illustrate the potential of even a System Sovereign to exercise love of self:

53:2.5 (603.1) It is very difficult to point out the exact cause or causes which finally culminated in the Lucifer rebellion. We are certain of only one thing, and that is: Whatever these first beginnings were, they had their origin in Lucifer’s mind. There must have been a pride of self that nourished itself to the point of self-deception, so that Lucifer for a time really persuaded himself that his contemplation of rebellion was actually for the good of the system, if not of the universe. By the time his plans had developed to the point of disillusionment, no doubt he had gone too far for his original and mischief-making pride to permit him to stop. At some point in this experience he became insincere, and evil evolved into deliberate and willful sin. That this happened is proved by the subsequent conduct of this brilliant executive. He was long offered opportunity for repentance, but only some of his subordinates ever accepted the proffered mercy. The Faithful of Days of Edentia, on the request of the Constellation Fathers, in person presented the plan of Michael for the saving of these flagrant rebels, but always was the mercy of the Creator Son rejected and rejected with increasing contempt and disdain.

Me:  How such a one might come to such a place is quite confusing to me….and yet, certainly demonstrates that free will is never restrained or taken away by any agency or force.  I look forward to the thoughts of others.  Thanks Sister.

;-)

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

I think they do as suggested by Lucifer’s behavior.  The higher, closer-to-Paradise beings may be unable to exalt themselves, however.

Keeping directly to your question, Keryn, my first thoughts remind me of the Master’s ride into Jerusalem on a donkey instead of a white stallion.  He was humble.

Extrapolating, I am wondering if the plan for the higher celestial personalities is to be humble, reducing their presence somewhat to reduce risk of dominating the Constellation Fathers.  The Fathers rule over the systems and coordinate as three in their ministry.  The highest authority within the constellation is this team and they are observed as primary. Teamwork is a major theme in the book.  It is possible the Vorondadek’s are emphasized as a coordinating team model for ascending mortals learning this very important lesson.

Recall a major cosmic detail in the book is the condescending step-down of Sons from Paradise continuing in the local universes; those personalities serve rather than to be served, as Jesus taught.  It is possible the Faithfuls of Days intend humbleness and are setting a Paradise example.  Is this too much extrapolation?

Doing a word search on “ego” I found hits discussing human ego, but nothing on higher personalities.  Somehow it seems the theme throughout the book does not include competition among celestial beings for status.  Grabbing and competition are immature human concepts.

Also, Recall there is some degree of withdrawal from “up front” of higher personalities as they serve at lower levels, such as the prime system manager is sovereign over his realm.  This person is not a Paradise being.  On the constellations a team of three Vorondadeks are primal management.  The Faithfuls of Days seem to be on duty for advice and counsel, but are restrained unless requested to be involved.  Of course, wise constellation fathers do involve them.  It boils down to respect of a high order for the Michael plan set in place.  The arrangements and relationships could be different in other local universes and super universes.

This is the only concept I see presently that could explain why this detail is important for us to consider.  And Jesus taught us the teacher must always be a learner.  Your question indicates you are deeply studying!  Good for you!

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

The closer to Paradise the grander, no? Surely the Day’s abodes aren’t status symbols or points of pride, rather reflections of the degree of closeness to the Universal Father in nature and being.

Richard E Warren

Keryn
    Participant

Fantastic insights from all, thank you.  You have provided much interesting and valuable food for thought.

I love this book that provides so many layers of substance to be contemplated and discussed!  Its concepts, both large and small, yield spiritual enhancement and satisfying inquiry.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Keryn

Would you be interested in an online SG?  Or maybe you are involved.  If so contact the Moderators to get my email and we can discuss.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The closer to Paradise the grander, no? Surely the Day’s abodes aren’t status symbols or points of pride, rather reflections of the degree of closeness to the Universal Father in nature and being.

Rick, I think you’re onto something there.  I also think that you have to consider the role of the Faithfuls of Days in relationship to the Vorondadek Rulers.  Of course their homes would not be grander than the ruler of a constellation; they are ambassadors, not rulers.  That would be like a consulate in D.C. being larger and more ornate than the White House.  It would convey the wrong message.  The Faithfuls of Days are merely counselors, despite their high origin, and their abodes would reflect their function.  Don’t you think?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!  :-)   :-)   :-)   ;-)   :good:

I agree with all that there is no pretentiousness within the glorious grandeur of all buildings and gardens throughout the universe of universes….but that certain functions and roles are given consideration in certain ways intended to thrill and inspire all who may see and visit them.

André
    André
    Participant

:)   … yippeeee toooo

André
    André
    Participant

Dear Keryn,

How stimulating and feeding yours observations.

Good for you, good for us.

Keryn
    Participant

Rick, I think you’re onto something there. I also think that you have to consider the role of the Faithfuls of Days in relationship to the Vorondadek Rulers. Of course their homes would not be grander than the ruler of a constellation; they are ambassadors, not rulers. That would be like a consulate in D.C. being larger and more ornate than the White House. It would convey the wrong message. The Faithfuls of Days are merely counselors, despite their high origin, and their abodes would reflect their function. Don’t you think?

Me, here.  I’ve been thinking about this today, and I think Bonita and Rick have really gotten to the heart of the matter.  In my job, I work as second-in-command to a VP of a large, public bureaucracy.  As such, my work office is smaller and less opulently appointed than that of my VP boss.  I was thinking today that, if someone offered for me to move into an office that was as nice or nicer than that of my boss, I would turn it down.  I would feel very uncomfortable in an office that appears to be higher in station than that of my supervisor.   I prefer that others in our workplace understand where I fit within the organizational structure.

So it may even be that the Faithfuls of Days preferred or requested the smaller residences.

(This is all just so cool!)  :-)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.