Digital Seraphim technology and the storing/safekeeping of human identity…

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Digital Seraphim technology and the storing/safekeeping of human identity…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Another example of human technology simulating the function of organic, celestial agencies. It does make me wonder exactly how are TUB revelations interfacing with our real time.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-02-04/see-future-of-artificial-intelligence-in-mind-clone-robot

BB

Keryn
    Participant

Another example of human technology simulating the function of organic, celestial agencies.

On what basis do you draw this conclusion?  To know if it is “simulating” celestial agencies’ functions, one would have to have a deep and direct experience of those functions.

I do not think humans will ever be able to replicate God with artificial intelligence.  In fact, I do not think we will ever be able to replicate ourselves through artificial intelligence.  Artificial intelligence involves 2 primary factors:  speed of thinking; and quality of thinking.  AI can certainly surpass human brain capacity with regard to the first, but not the second.  Furthermore, AI will never have emotional intelligence or spiritual intelligence.

Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father’s gift to man. Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men. And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments constitute man a spirit personality in potential destiny. ~ The Urantia Book, (101:3.2)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote:  It does make me wonder exactly how are TUB revelations interfacing with our real time.
    The interfaces with people in real time.
    2:7:10   The religious challenge of this age is to those farseeing and forward-looking men and women of spiritual insight who will dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlarged and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universe beauty, and divine goodness. Such a new and righteous vision of morality will attract all that is good in the mind of man and challenge that which is best in the human soul. Truth, beauty, and goodness are divine realities, and as man ascends the scale of spiritual living, these supreme qualities of the Eternal become increasingly co-ordinated and unified in God, who is love.
    People act.  The consequences belong to God.

nelsong
    Participant

Whatever God does to interface it is not digital.

I like to think about how the Life Carriers Personalities were modified in order to allow them to work with the electro chemicals required for life implantation. They were unique in this respect.

We are told that nothing of value is ever lost but not a clue as to how and where this information is stored.

do you think they store valueless information? Possibly in a temp folder on the desktop eh? : )

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Another example of human technology simulating the function of organic, celestial agencies.

On what basis do you draw this conclusion? To know if it is “simulating” celestial agencies’ functions, one would have to have a deep and direct experience of those functions. I do not think humans will ever be able to replicate God with artificial intelligence. In fact, I do not think we will ever be able to replicate ourselves through artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence involves 2 primary factors: speed of thinking; and quality of thinking. AI can certainly surpass human brain capacity with regard to the first, but not the second. Furthermore, AI will never have emotional intelligence or spiritual intelligence.

Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father’s gift to man. Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men. And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments constitute man a spirit personality in potential destiny. ~ The Urantia Book, (101:3.2)

I am speaking in a general sense. Nothing specific, and not so much God in the literal sense. It just amazes me that the technology is growing along a pattern that seems to be on a course to imitate the very nature of the celestial ministrations described in TUB.  Well, at least to me it does;  just an observation on my part.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Brooklyn_born wrote: It does make me wonder exactly how are TUB revelations interfacing with our real time.
    The interfaces with people in real time.
    2:7:10 The religious challenge of this age is to those farseeing and forward-looking men and women of spiritual insight who will dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlarged and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universe beauty, and divine goodness. Such a new and righteous vision of morality will attract all that is good in the mind of man and challenge that which is best in the human soul. Truth, beauty, and goodness are divine realities, and as man ascends the scale of spiritual living, these supreme qualities of the Eternal become increasingly co-ordinated and unified in God, who is love.
    People act. The consequences belong to God.
    That is a really good passage you introduced, Mara. It sheds more light on what I am observing. Thanks for posting it.

BB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.