Are plants influenced by the adjutants?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Are plants influenced by the adjutants?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

This question occurred to me today, after a brief question/answer conversation with a neighbor who is an atheist.  Here is the gist of the conversation.  She said everything happens in your mind.  I asked where does your mind come from.  She said it’s because we’re human.  Where do humans come from? They come from apes.  Where do apes come from? Apes come from alligators.  Where do alligators come from?  Alligators come from evolution.  Where does evolution come from?  Evolution comes from molecules.  Where do molecules come from?  Molecules come from the sky.  Where does the sky come from?  The sky comes from the big bang.  Where does the big bang come from?  Ah, well, read Spinoza and you’ll find out.  Anyway, this conversation doesn’t have much to do with this topic, except to me, but it is the backdrop.

Are plants influenced by any of the adjutant mind spirits?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Great question Mara.  TUB does not directly specify how plants know to do what they do.  What they do tell us is that plants are alive, they have “life”.  As far as I can tell, life and mind go together like soup and sandwich.  All life is directed, in some way or another, by mind. Evolution is mind-directed, and the adjutants, we are told, animate life and drive evolution.

If that is true, then plant life could be considered “mechanical mind”, which is primarily pre-adjutant and ministered to by the Physical Controllers, according to this quote:

42:10.3 1. Preadjutant-spirit minds. This level of mind is nonexperiencing and on the inhabited worlds is ministered by the Master Physical Controllers. This is mechanical mind, the nonteachable intellect of the most primitive forms of material life, but the nonteachable mind functions on many levels beside that of primitive planetary life.

However, we are also told that the first adjutant, the spirit of intuition, is the only adjutant that makes contact with “mechanical mind,” which is a little confusing.

36:5.6 1. The spirit of intuition – quick perception, the primitive physical and inherent reflex instincts, the directional and other self-preservative endowments of all mind creations; the only one of the adjutants to function so largely in the lower orders of animal life and the only one to make extensive functional contact with the nonteachable levels of mechanical mind. 

I suppose the answer lies in how you interpret all these quotes.  What is mechanical mind?  Do plants have it, or are they subject to it?  Or, are plants purely mechanical energy, without mind of any kind, yet responsive to the mind of the Physical Controllers, as the next quote suggests?

65:7.5 The seven adjutant spirits do not make contact with the purely mechanical orders of organismal environmental response. Such preintelligent responses of living organisms pertain purely to the energy domains of the power centers, the physical controllers, and their associates.

118:8.1 In the time-space creations, free will is hedged about with restraints, with limitations. Material-life evolution is first mechanical, then mind activated, and (after the bestowal of personality) it may become spirit directed. Organic evolution on the inhabited worlds is physically limited by the potentials of the original physical-life implantations of the Life Carriers.

I’m inclined to think that most plants respond to mind, but not to adjutant mind.  Right now, and subject to change, I think the adjutants minister primarily to animal life and the Physical Controllers to plant life.  There are primitive, non-teachable, mechanical levels of animal life, such as protozoa and my ex-husband.  Bacteria and fungi, however, are plants.  (Sometimes I think bacteria do have a mind of their own though . . . just sayin’ . . . they can be stubborn little critters.  Then again, so can weeds.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.