A question about "celestial ministrations."

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions A question about "celestial ministrations."

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

could you  list all “celestial ministrations”  or at least the ones you are aware of that are partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space.

No, I can’t.  There are way too many.  Most of the ministering spirits are representatives of the Creative Spirit.  Then you have all the celestial offspring of the Creator Son as well.  To list them all would mean reprinting a big chunk of the book and that is not practical.  Why do you ask?

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    No, I can’t. There are way too many. Most of the ministering spirits are representatives of the Creative Spirit. Then you have all the celestial offspring of the Creator Son as well. To list them all would mean reprinting a big chunk of the book and that is not practical. Why do you ask?

You cleared it up for me, Bonita. I wanted to match up what I thought were celestial ministrations with yours. I provide some examples in earlier entries. Basically the ones I mentioned could be included as a part of the overall function of epochal revelations. Thanks for the guidance.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Basically the ones I mentioned could be included as a part of the overall function of epochal revelations.

Don’t forget that even epochal revelation must become personal in order to be realized.  Only those people who internalize the revelation are benefited by it.  And by internalizing it I mean what the revelators wrote in the Foreword:

0:12.13  But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience — God-consciousness.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Don’t forget that even epochal revelation must become personal in order to be realized. Only those people who internalize the revelation are benefited by it. And by internalizing it I mean what the revelators wrote in the Foreword:

0:12.13 But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience — God-consciousness.

Ah! I did not know that. Thanks! again.

BB

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

On the subject of the “revealing” of Father by every level of universe beings:

(1467.2) 132:7.6 Jesus replied: “… religions are not made. The religions of men grow up over long periods of time, while the revelations of God flash upon earth in the lives of the men who reveal God to their fellows.”

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I like that one Bradly.  I’ve been thinking about starting a topic about personal revelation and epochal.  As someone said earlier we pretty much get what epochal is, but personal revelation is something else.  As I studied “personal revelation” I came across this reference I think helpful to this topic.

Moral evaluation with a religious meaning — spiritual insight — connotes the individual’s choice between good and evil, truth and error, material and spiritual, human and divine, time and eternity. Human survival is in great measure dependent on consecrating the human will to the choosing of those values selected by this spirit-value sorter — the indwelling interpreter and unifier. Personal religious experience consists in two phases: discovery in the human mind and revelation by the indwelling divine spirit. Through oversophistication or as a result of the irreligious conduct of professed religionists, a man, or even a generation of men, may elect to suspend their efforts to discover the God who indwells them; they may fail to progress in and attain the divine revelation. But such attitudes of spiritual nonprogression cannot long persist because of the presence and influence of the indwelling Thought Adjusters.  196:3;17

Celestial ministrations help you to the degree of your consecration to do God’s will.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Celestial ministrations help you to the degree of your consecration to do God’s will.

Doesn’t it depend on how you define celestial ministrations?  Adjutant mind spirits function well even before the capacity of mind has evolved to the level capable of receiving a Thought Adjuster. And the Holy Spirit’s function is not entirely dependent upon the attitude of the individual (34:5.5); although, effectiveness of the Holy Spirit increases with consecration to God’s will.  But these early ministrations of the human mind, the higher adjutants and the Holy Spirit, work endlessly to elevate human desire for survival and personality realization because once the soul comes into existence, it continues to grow in and of itself (117:3.6).  This means the soul’s primary focus, its desire, is on survival even though the finite, material mind is only partially aware of it (111:3.4).  (The soul exists as soon as the Holy Spirit arrives and endows the individual with supermind function, supermind being that mind above the adjutant level.)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Yes, Bonita.  So very, very much is given to us, gifted to us, before, during and after the  TA is bestowed and throughout our career.

My medical provider informs its patients that they will do their part to attend to the care and health of those whom they serve, and in the same breath also they inform us of what is our part.  They do not expect a toddler to comprehend why he should not eat candy, but later on, yes, they expect youngsters and young people to eat more healthfully and as they get older they do comprehend why.  My doctors do what they can with what they have to work with.  Their ministrations may have nothing to do with eternal life or death.

Celestial ministers also take what they have got to work with and some of those ministrations kick in right away at birth.  We are mostly unaware of the help we receive.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.