A Magisterial Mission – What would it mean to us?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions A Magisterial Mission – What would it mean to us?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Angela
    Participant

The arrival of an Avonal Son on a magisterial mission in conjunction with the return of Christ Michael, our Bestowal Son, is a very real possibility. In fact, it would seem likely given the state of Urantia. We are gripped by a materialism so insidious it is choking the spiritual life out of the planet.

176:4.5 (1919.2) We most positively believe that Michael will again come in person to Urantia, but we have not the slightest idea as to when or in what manner he may choose to come. Will his second advent on earth be timed to occur in connection with the terminal judgment of this present age, either with or without the associated appearance of a Magisterial Son?…

We are presently experiencing anything but a ‘normal’ post-bestowal age.

52:6.8 (598.3) If you could be transplanted from your backward and confused world to some normal planet now in the postbestowal Son age, you would think you had been translated to the heaven of your traditions. You would hardly believe that you were observing the normal evolutionary workings of a mortal sphere of human habitation. These worlds are in the spiritual circuits of their realm, and they enjoy all the advantages of the universe broadcasts and the reflectivity services of the superuniverse.

So, would an up-close and visible magisterial mission assist Christ Michael’s mission towards God-consciousness and the brotherhood of man? What would a magisterial mission mean for us Urantians?

The more closely man approaches God through love, the greater the reality — actuality — of that man. 117:4.14 (1285.3)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m not convinced that a magisterial mission will occur any time soon on this planet.  A magisterial mission would be another epochal revelation.  The one we have is not even a century old yet.  We have thousands and thousands of years to go.  We humans must learn to solve our own problems, and we already have enormous help from above to do so.  I think dreaming of magisterial missions is simply the TUB version of dreaming of messiahs.  Christ Michael is alive in our souls.  He’s already here on earth.  No need to dream about the future when the future is already here.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I always found it odd for the Papers to tell us the worst of the material age is behind us….and has been another 80 years more since written.  I have no idea the measure or metric which is used by our planetary rulers but I think they would know.  Our decimal status comes with some wild cards in the deck but I wonder how many worlds lose Prince to rebellion and Adam and Eve to default leaving no visible or material leadership and social, economic, education, and religious center/city/civilization to anchor and guide a world through the Epochs?  Quite a pickle for management and leadership!!

When considering how we might be ministered to, I think it important to consider evolution.  A world may evolve with celestial leadership on planet and visible…but can a world without such an evolutionary model suddenly have Divine visitation and leadership without it being more revolutionary and disruptive than it is evolutionary I wonder?  No world is “taken over” or “seized” by celestial powers or leadership and no generation is deprived of the free will choice to embrace the reality of love and the results of error.   Even with on planet example it takes thousands and thousands of mortal generations to allow the free will evolution to attain the early stages of L&L.

Michael recently (2000 years ago) delivered the Son’s Spirit and the impact has been profound in its accelerating effects.  Now we have the Revelation of fact and truth to reduce confusion and error which may take centuries to become common knowledge and reach its potential effect on our evolution.  I think we need far more progress in the Mortal Epoch before a Son comes again.  While we have the TAs en masse already and the Son’s Spirit ahead of “normal” procedures, we are still in the epoch of the Garden in many ways.  We are quite the evolutionary experiment now.  But we are in the best of hands on this Shrine of Nebadon.  I’ll meet Michael on his headquarters before I meet him here I think.  Patience and time unit perspective is advised.  We progress through the Epochs….but it is not a race and there is no escaping the time evolution demands for itself.

99:1.1 (1086.4) Mechanical inventions and the dissemination of knowledge are modifying civilization; certain economic adjustments and social changes are imperative if cultural disaster is to be avoided. This new and oncoming social order will not settle down complacently for a millennium. The human race must become reconciled to a procession of changes, adjustments, and readjustments. Mankind is on the march toward a new and unrevealed planetary destiny.

52:3.10 (594.1) The post-Adamic epoch is the dispensation of internationalism. With the near completion of the task of race blending, nationalism wanes, and the brotherhood of man really begins to materialize. Representative government begins to take the place of the monarchial or paternal form of rulership. The educational system becomes world-wide, and gradually the languages of the races give way to the tongue of the violet people. Universal peace and co-operation are seldom attained until the races are fairly well blended, and until they speak a common language.

52:3.11 (594.2) During the closing centuries of the post-Adamic age there develops new interest in art, music, and literature, and this world-wide awakening is the signal for the appearance of a Magisterial Son. The crowning development of this era is the universal interest in intellectual realities, true philosophy. Religion becomes less nationalistic, becomes more and more a planetary affair. New revelations of truth characterize these ages, and the Most Highs of the constellations begin to rule in the affairs of men. Truth is revealed up to the administration of the constellations.

52:3.12 (594.3) Great ethical advancement characterizes this era; the brotherhood of man is the goal of its society. World-wide peace — the cessation of race conflict and national animosity — is the indicator of planetary ripeness for the advent of the third order of sonship, the Magisterial Son.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: . . . but I wonder how many worlds lose Prince to rebellion and Adam and Eve to default leaving no visible or material leadership and social, economic, education, and religious center/city/civilization to anchor and guide a world through the Epochs?  Quite a pickle for management and leadership!!
    Did you know that the reason the revelators included the section on a neighboring planet was to advance civilization and augment governmental evolution on Urantia?  The neighboring planet they describe also experienced  rebellion and default, yet they apparently have something to teach us without ever having a magisterial mission or a bestowal. They’re miles ahead of us and we haven’t even begun to study their affairs, let alone allow them to influence our own.  Maybe we should start there?
    72:12.3 This recital of the affairs of a neighboring planet is made by special permission with the intent of advancing civilization and augmenting governmental evolution on Urantia. Much more could be narrated that would no doubt interest and intrigue Urantians, but this disclosure covers the limits of our permissive mandate.
    Angela
    Participant

Thank you both, this provokes new thought for me. This is an exciting possibility. Plus to understand better where we are now, shouldn’t we place this in the context of our documented past and our likely future?

I always found it odd for the Papers to tell us the worst of the material age is behind us…

I think this is merely suggesting that we are past that stage where science contributes to misunderstandings about the contribution of matter to life and personality.

195:6.8 (2077.4) Materialism reduces man to a soulless automaton and constitutes him merely an arithmetical symbol finding a helpless place in the mathematical formula of an unromantic and mechanistic universe.

195:6.4 (2076.9) All science has done is to destroy the childlike illusions of the misinterpretations of life.

When considering how we might be ministered to, I think it important to consider evolution.

Love to discuss this more. For example, Christ Michael’s mission has its focus in spiritual ministrations. Could a magisterial mission give us social ministrations?

52:6.2 (597.3) …While Jesus has shown the way to the immediate attainment of spiritual brotherhood, the realization of social brotherhood on your world depends much on the achievement of the following personal transformations and planetary adjustments:

A world may evolve with celestial leadership on planet and visible…but can a world without such an evolutionary model suddenly have Divine visitation and leadership without it being more revolutionary and disruptive than it is evolutionary I wonder?

I don’t think the reference to “visible” suggests the world would be “taken over” or “seized” by celestial powers. Free will to accept or reject God-consciousness is always offered. Otherwise, there would not be soul progress.

Patience and time unit perspective is advised. We progress through the Epochs… but it is not a race and there is no escaping the time evolution demands for itself.

Absolutely agree! I always struggle with patience. :-)   We are making progress. Also we are told that war is a necessary phase of our evolution.

70:2.1 (785.6) In past ages a fierce war would institute social changes and facilitate the adoption of new ideas such as would not have occurred naturally in ten thousand years.

I think dreaming of magisterial missions is simply the TUB version of dreaming of messiahs.

I admit to wishful thinking. The difficulty we have now is that natural progress of evolution on Urantia is being systematically thwarted in all arenas of society. We are being ‘secularised’. The question raised here about magisterial missions is fascinating to me — and — it is originally raised by TUB:

176:4.5 (1919.2) Will his second advent on earth be timed to occur in connection with the terminal judgment of this present age, either with or without the associated appearance of a Magisterial Son?

The more closely man approaches God through love, the greater the reality — actuality — of that man. 117:4.14 (1285.3)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Angela wrote: I admit to wishful thinking. The difficulty we have now is that natural progress of evolution on Urantia is being systematically thwarted in all arenas of society. We are being ‘secularised’. The question raised here about magisterial missions is fascinating to me — and — it is originally raised by TUB: 176:4.5 (1919.2) Will his second advent on earth be timed to occur in connection with the terminal judgment of this present age, either with or without the associated appearance of a Magisterial Son?

I don’t see a problem with secularization of society provided true religion doesn’t become marginalized and vilified, as it has.  Secularism has many benefits as long as it also allows for God to exist in relation to it. Secularism uses politics and power, ecclesiasticism uses church and power, and when either becomes totalitarian, the system is out of whack.  Neither extreme works.  I think we saw the worst of secular totalitarianism in the last World War (I hope).  The pendulum is still swinging back toward the middle, but not there yet. I have great hope it will get to the center eventually, but God is still a nasty word for secularists and will be for a while, I’m afraid. Once God breaks free from ecclesiasticism, we might have a chance. I think that is one reason why they gave us the example of the neighboring planet.  They don’t have churches there, where God gets imprisoned.  They have a clearer political separation between religion and state that seems to work well. We should adopt it, or something like it.

195:8.6 Secularism can never bring peace to mankind. Nothing can take the place of God in human society. But mark you well! do not be quick to surrender the beneficent gains of the secular revolt from ecclesiastical totalitarianism. Western civilization today enjoys many liberties and satisfactions as a result of the secular revolt. The great mistake of secularism was this: In revolting against the almost total control of life by religious authority, and after attaining the liberation from such ecclesiastical tyranny, the secularists went on to institute a revolt against God himself, sometimes tacitly and sometimes openly.

195:8.8-11 It is not necessary to sacrifice faith in God in order to enjoy the blessings of the modern secularistic revolt: tolerance, social service, democratic government, and civil liberties. It was not necessary for the secularists to antagonize true religion in order to promote science and to advance education.

But secularism is not the sole parent of all these recent gains in the enlargement of living. Behind the gains of the twentieth century are not only science and secularism but also the unrecognized and unacknowledged spiritual workings of the life and teaching of Jesus of Nazareth.

Without God, without religion, scientific secularism can never co-ordinate its forces, harmonize its divergent and rivalrous interests, races, and nationalisms.

195:8.11 The inherent weakness of secularism is that it discards ethics and religion for politics and power.

In regards to Jesus’ second coming, with or without a magisterial mission, I think it best to recall that if he does come, he has to be recognized by all of his critters here on this planet, which ain’t gonna happen for a really long time.

176:4.5 Only one thing we are certain of, that is, when he does return, all the world will likely know about it, for he must come as the supreme ruler of a universe and not as the obscure babe of Bethlehem. But if every eye is to behold him, and if only spiritual eyes are to discern his presence, then must his advent be long deferred.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Angela….I applaud your hopes for our world….and I speak with no certainties on the subject.  My opinion is that the 5th Epochal Revelation has significant opportunity and potential given sufficient time to spread a new perspective to all of humanity and truly alter the course of evolutionary developments….which appears will take many more generations to achieve.  We are barely 100 mortal generations with the Son’s gift of the Spirit of Truth, the invasion of TAs….and the Jesusonian cocooned in the Christian epoch.   Paper 72 illustrates how much more our neighboring planet has evolved in one nation in so many ways and also have no on-planet example of either Prince or Material Son and Daughter.  However, there seems to be an expectation of a Magesterial ministry there despite the global issues which remain and without any undue concern that such a ministry would be any form of radical disruption.  No doubt, I lack imagination and insight on the issue.  Just because I cannot understand how such a visitation might materialize without significant evolutionary progress first means nothing at all compared to the ingenuity and experience of the Most Highs and all the agents of planetary progress tasked with such ministries.

We are told that Urantia quivers on the brink.  I really do not know what that means….how long might we quiver?  On the brink of what?

170:4.14 (1863.12) This world has never seriously or sincerely or honestly tried out these dynamic ideas and divine ideals of Jesus’ doctrine of the kingdom of heaven. But you should not become discouraged by the apparently slow progress of the kingdom idea on Urantia. Remember that the order of progressive evolution is subjected to sudden and unexpected periodical changes in both the material and the spiritual worlds. The bestowal of Jesus as an incarnated Son was just such a strange and unexpected event in the spiritual life of the world. Neither make the fatal mistake, in looking for the age manifestation of the kingdom, of failing to effect its establishment within your own souls.

72:12.2 (819.6) Just now this superior government is planning to establish ambassadorial relations with the inferior peoples, and for the first time a great religious leader has arisen who advocates the sending of missionaries to these surrounding nations. We fear they are about to make the mistake that so many others have made when they have endeavored to force a superior culture and religion upon other races. What a wonderful thing could be done on this world if this continental nation of advanced culture would only go out and bring to itself the best of the neighboring peoples and then, after educating them, send them back as emissaries of culture to their benighted brethren! Of course, if a Magisterial Son should soon come to this advanced nation, great things could quickly happen on this world.

195:9.2 (2082.7) But paganized and socialized Christianity stands in need of new contact with the uncompromised teachings of Jesus; it languishes for lack of a new vision of the Master’s life on earth. A new and fuller revelation of the religion of Jesus is destined to conquer an empire of materialistic secularism and to overthrow a world sway of mechanistic naturalism. Urantia is now quivering on the very brink of one of its most amazing and enthralling epochs of social readjustment, moral quickening, and spiritual enlightenment.

195:9.3 (2082.8) The teachings of Jesus, even though greatly modified, survived the mystery cults of their birthtime, the ignorance and superstition of the dark ages, and are even now slowly triumphing over the materialism, mechanism, and secularism of the twentieth century. And such times of great testing and threatened defeat are always times of great revelation.

:good:

Gene
    Participant

If there were a magisterial mission tomorrow, who would know or recognize it, who would believe it?

What do you think the planner of such a mission would look for before making it happen?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote:  What do you think the planner of such a mission would look for before making it happen?

I found this quote, for what it’s worth:

52:3.12 World-wide peace – the cessation of race conflict and national animosity – is the indicator of planetary ripeness for the advent of the third order of sonship, the Magisterial Son.

Gene
    Participant
    Gene wrote: What do you think the planner of such a mission would look for before making it happen?

I found this quote, for what it’s worth:

52:3.12 World-wide peace – the cessation of race conflict and national animosity – is the indicator of planetary ripeness for the advent of the third order of sonship, the Magisterial Son.

its worth alot

thx

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

It is interesting that on the neighboring planet, that the continental country has accomplished such a level of evolutionary progress – far more so progressive than Urantia has yet achieved by any measure, even in any single country of any significant size.   This mention that our neighboring planet might be approaching a Magisterial mission despite the “planetary” state of mortal epochs by the status of the continental nation, indicates flexibility and creativity and responsiveness that attend all such decisions.

According to the text posted by Bonita, I think Urantia has considerable evolutionary progress to yet achieve.  We should remember how blessed we are to now have the TA invasion and the Son’s Spirit of Truth to lead us forward and now we have a text book of facts and truths to provide a solid foundation of knowledge to guide us more explicitly and directly toward evolutionary progress.  These 3 great gifts are each a very powerful accelerant to such progress I am certain.

We are reminded to remain focused on the task at hand for the ascender and leave the planet to planetary leadership.  Our role in such a brief life is to focus on personal spirit progress and to become cosmic citizens in a friendly universe in very practical day to day and self functional and soul building ways demonstrated by the fruits of the Spirit.  This is how the each serves the all, including the progress of the world of our birth.  No world is or becomes our “home” subject to our personal concern I don’t think.  Jesus said this world is but a bridge to us and we should not think to build a home upon it.

There is simply no point in concerning tadpoles with universe, system, or planetary progress and upliftment.  It is an inevitability, we are taught, that every single world deemed inhabitable will reach Light and Life as will every system and universe in time and space.  We will be to Paradise or much closer to Paradise when our world is so settled.  Not to worry!!  The Corp of Finality awaits us.  This shrine of Nebadon and world of the cross will always have significance to us Agondontors as we affectionately recall the material birth and experience of being faith sons and daughters….on such a world.

156:2.1 (1735.5) In entering Sidon, Jesus and his associates passed over a bridge, the first one many of them had ever seen. As they walked over this bridge, Jesus, among other things, said: “This world is only a bridge; you may pass over it, but you should not think to build a dwelling place upon it.”

André
    André
    Participant

Dear Bradly,

How diligently and affectionately you socially gathering a flock of Urantian’s tadpoles. Swimming around you with our lateral undulation paying interest of what you have to said. And as a storyteller you remind us how to stay loyal undulate diligently in water and silt but do not neglect to look up to Supreme, Absonite and glimpse at Absolute. Where we will no more undulate but vibrate Love from our Father.

Thanks you Bradly

Angela
    Participant

Thank you, Bradley and Bonita. You speak truth — and so eloquently.

We are humbled by the enormity of celestial decision-making, so completely beyond our comprehension, should it even be disclosed at all. We tadpoles should live loyally each moment — an amusing and gentle reminder of our obligations to our soul’s progress.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I appreciate the kind words and the opportunity to learn by sharing here together.  There is great maturity demonstrated by those who wisely seek understanding and appreciation by such sharing, especially when caring is attached to the sharing.  I am grateful for both of you Andre and Angela as you bring illumination and friendship to this study group.  Us tadpoles need to stick together and enjoy our time together on this eternal adventure.

Eternal.  What a concept.  So, it may take a million or more years to get to Paradise (I have no clue)….but once there, we have only begun the adventures still to come!  Shall we not be joyful as we hop, skip, run, and play together upon this pilgrim’s path to Paradise?!  Of course we should.  Such a natural perspective does not blind us to those who despair and suffer nor make us indifferent to others and their struggles.  But truly, we know what lies ahead and know that we need not fear for others, our world, or ourselves in this friendly universe where love rules and mercy is plentiful enough for all who love to make the journey with us.  Many do not know much, but far more do know the love of another and love others….all such ones are in the grip of the reality circuits, whether they know it or believe it does not truly matter to love and mercy.

This, I think is the greatest lesson given us by Jesus’ life.  His empathetic sorrow never overcame his everlasting joy and peace and friendliness no matter the situation, circumstance, relationship or intersections of choice.  Jesus was not always, even maybe never, confident in what might happen next (even the Creator/Master Son of a universe experienced curiosity and adventure in uncertainties!); His confidence relied always on the outcomes of love and mercy in all matters great and small.

Thanks again to all!

:-)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.