The Parliament and The Urantia Book

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Parliament and The Urantia Book

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Sabinatu wrote:  Sure would have been soul satisfying to discuss that truth (Papers 99 -103) – the good news revelation…
    Why not start your own topic thread?
    Sabinatu I detect you are challenged when you attempt to see the positive direction current representatives of the revelation are manifesting.
    We are imperfect morals after all and must allow for that in our attempts to put in place something better for the future than what was in the past. To do this requires real faith that can be sustained beyond the reality of problems we see in society as it is today. Life is but a days work, it’s up to each of us to do it well. To do the best with what we have to offer. Our gift of service is to the Father, it is his energy by which we have capacity to do anything. Task orientation is most important, self is not.
    Getting back to what Mark experienced at the “World Parliament of Religions,” it is my understanding that such interfaith initiatives are wonderful tasks to undertake for the very reason he said……
    Mark Kurtz wrote:  We all related just fine. All this, plus the fact most religions have a common message of love and respect for one another.
    I experienced this respect for one another from other religionists at the previous “World Parliament of Religions” in Melbourne, Australia, where many times I was greeted by a bow with hands together; “the spirit in me salutes the spirit in you.”……………..Yes, fundamentally we all relate just fine……………such is the organic spiritual brotherhood.
    A huge planetary undertaking that takes time…………we are but pioneers, ambassadors announcing, by example, the next stage of progressive spiritual growth.
    Each of us is, after all, truth personified.
    Sabinatu
    Blocked
    Sabinatu wrote: Sure would have been soul satisfying to discuss that truth (Papers 99 -103) – the good news revelation…
    Why not start your own topic thread?
    Sabinatu I detect you are challenged when you attempt to see the positive direction current representatives of the revelation are manifesting.
    You are correct about the challenge being challenging – Paul ruined freedom to have a personal religion for women for 2000 years, even though I am sure some challenged him and his followers on that “interpretation” and even though Jesus NEVER manifested any attitude like that towards women.  I am merely wondering what the “representatives” are up to since the official line is ALWAYS, “….I don’t see how you fail to realize that the Papers are not a religion…..” (cut and pasted from a forum thread on Mo Siegal’s site).  So is the goal to set up “one ring to rule them all” – the psychological management of religions?  
    We are imperfect morals after all and must allow for that in our attempts to put in place something better for the future than what was in the past. To do this requires real faith that can be sustained beyond the reality of problems we see in society as it is today. Life is but a days work, it’s up to each of us to do it well. To do the best with what we have to offer. Our gift of service is to the Father, it is his energy by which we have capacity to do anything. Task orientation is most important, self is not.
    Getting ahead of the game – I am challenged about understanding what the task is.  
    Getting back to what Mark experienced at the “World Parliament of Religions,” it is my understanding that such interfaith initiatives are wonderful tasks to undertake for the very reason he said……
    Mark Kurtz wrote: We all related just fine. All this, plus the fact most religions have a common message of love and respect for one another.
    I experienced this respect for one another from other religionists at the previous “World Parliament of Religions” in Melbourne, Australia, where many times I was greeted by a bow with hands together; “the spirit in me salutes the spirit in you.”……………..Yes, fundamentally we all relate just fine……………such is the organic spiritual brotherhood.
    A huge planetary undertaking that takes time…………we are but pioneers, ambassadors announcing, by example, the next stage of progressive spiritual growth.
    Each of us is, after all, truth personified.
    And I have already written in great length, well, for me it was lengthy  ;-) , that the very reason TUB was brought for publication in the USA was because the top-down pressure succeeded in providing spiritual freedom.  I am challenged to come up with a religious tradition that was not present from Boston to D.C. – everyone was getting along just fine.  “Peace and love”.  I find it absurd to suggest that there has not been a consistent attempt to “divide and conquer”.  My church was literally INVADED by a republican candidate for governor, and shortly thereafter it’s bank account was emptied out and then Verizon got it’s microwave tower on the steeple and the Knights of Columbus got the deed. Want to talk about “immigration”?  That church was built by steelworkers on their one day off from 12 hour shifts.  Took decades of conniving to rob the fruits of that labor.  This FACT of the recent past is not isolated incident and in my dealings with 600 people a month, 3 Mormon dudes laughed in my face saying “yea, we robbed you guys good- ahahaha”.  It’s a Nihilism, Hedonism and Anarchy juggernaut. You cannot unring a bell.  If you believe TUB is all truth, then you have to take note of who God fired from a global “spiritual” leadership position, as a “race” and challenge their shenanigans around “religion” when they come in as NOT a “religion”.  No worries, I am censoring myself after this – but I was moved by the spirit to warn others about “religion”.  All a moot point anyway since the Senate passed a law allowing them to treat us like their e-prisoners – “monitoring” all our internet activity, bank activity and “weaknesses”.  How can you have a personal religion, or evolve a soul, or have personal relationships when you have no right to privacy?  When all those tasks are churned into a psychological analysis writ up by people who do not love you, or follow any version of a “golden rule” other than “he with the gold rules” – the Citizen’s United “law”?
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I detect you are challenged when you attempt to see the positive direction current representatives of the revelation are manifesting. We are imperfect morals after all and must allow for that in our attempts to put in place something better for the future than what was in the past. To do this requires real faith that can be sustained beyond the reality of problems we see in society as it is today. Life is but a days work, it’s up to each of us to do it well. To do the best with what we have to offer. Our gift of service is to the Father, it is his energy by which we have capacity to do anything. Task orientation is most important, self is not.

Thank you Vern for your observation here.  I have found many over the years who read the Revelation but persist in the end of days and armageddonistic view long preached by the pulpit to instill fear in their audience (to control them and direct them into political activism, much like so many of Jesus’ fellow Jews, family members, and even apostles) and place blame on certain ones (like the Romans for example) for what is really a normal, evolutionary, progressive planetary transformation dependent upon the blossoming of spirit within each of us.  Teeth gnashers, soap box shouters, end of worlders, fear mongers.  Jesus did not rail against the Romans nor any sincere religionist or person of labor or commerce, but only the proudly sanctimonious and self chosen hypocrites who hid behind religion to hold power over others whilst proclaiming false enemies to blame for the obstacles to love and service.

I know of nothing in text which states (or implies) that the Papers have anything at all to do with any “emergency” either but, rather, that this gift has come, with specific timing and intent, to be loosed upon our world, at this intersection of time and over time to come, to illuminate the prior revelations due, specifically as stated in text, to planetary progress and the success of the angels, the Most Highs, and the Spirit of Michael.  We are in a transitionary, or “emerging”, time, especially related to instant global communication and individual access to the historical extent of human knowledge!!  I dispute the emergency within the perpetual and current emergence of the triumph of progress through the mortal epochs.  We are taught that the world benefits from and accelerates in progress by transportation, commerce, communication, educational exchanges, diplomacy, etc.  Our world grows up.  It is so obvious how much progress the planetary uplifters have achieved!!!!  But the one eyed person cannot see it or appreciate the success of the angels, the midwayers, and the Most Highs.  Pity.

Note on above:  To be clear, this tendency of some is common enough in religious fundamentalism but, sadly, is also well represented by many in the readership as I have personally encountered over the decades, especially the past few years on three distinct UB forums.  I find it perplexing given the instruction provided of how important it is to be happy, even joyous, in our position as ascenders in this friendly universe.  I think the authors go to great lengths to comfort us by informing us of how tedious, frustrating, and confusing mortal epochal progression can be to each generation…..for some it is even a brutal and barbaric world upon which, even they (us) can find joy and peace in the spirit and live in confidence with God’s purpose, plan, power, and methods for the material worlds of mortal birth.  My observations are not intended to be any form of personalized indictment.  Like Sab, we all need to be aware of how things should be compared to how they are and aspire to help in the process of transformation, whether we agree on the root problems or the best solutions to them.

The Parliament of World Religions is one symbol of this breaking down of barriers.  It is glorious and motivating to see the peaceful, even eager, fellowship that believers may share, creating and demonstrating for all the world this example of unity without uniformity.  There is no doubt there are many more barriers yet to be broken down….over time.  We are also taught the imperative inherency of the bridge of profit motive and commerce eventuating in a codependent transition away from armed conflict.  Global interdependence for economic viability is another certain, even inherent, bridge in epochal transformation.   It is woefully true that greed attends profit as death and destruction attend warfare, and these transitional bridges are about as pleasant in many ways as the bridge of slavery was from cannibalism to city formation.  Evolution is often this way, what comes is better than what was but is not truly good in and of itself.  Evolution is a long series of such “bridges” of progression.

But we are told not to anguish and despair or be anxious as these serve neither the one nor the all.  Our role is to have faith and to shine our inner light and to serve one another and all others in complete confidence amidst our confusions and the uncertainties of life.  When it is written that the consequences are God’s while the sincere act is ours, it guides us to know that love will prevail for all…but it must first prevail within me.  Anger, blame, despair, fear, and anxiety within the believer merely smothers the light within and provides no fruit within or to share.  This teaching is littered from Paper 1 to the last page in this Revelation we share here together.

I have been most impressed by all the pictures and testimonies of those who attended the Parliament.  What an occasion!!  Thanks again Vern and Mark and all who serve in love….and by its power.

:good:

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Sabinatu wrote:  How can you have a personal religion, or evolve a soul, or have personal relationships when you have no right to privacy?
    Sabinatu, be of good cheer, no man can rob you of the liberty of your own mind. This is not only of what I am convinced is true, but the words influenced by the Melchizedek missionaries which became lodged in Buddhist philosophy. Surely they be of comfort to you?
    “Cheerfulness and gladness are the rewards of deeds well done and to the glory of the Immortal. No man can rob you of the liberty of your own mind. When the faith of your religion has emancipated your heart, when the mind, like a mountain, is settled and immovable, then shall the peace of the soul flow tranquilly like a river of waters. Those who are sure of salvation are forever free from lust, envy, hatred, and the delusions of wealth. While faith is the energy of the better life, nevertheless, must you work out your own salvation with perseverance. If you would be certain of your final salvation, then make sure that you sincerely seek to fulfill all righteousness. Cultivate the assurance of the heart which springs from within and thus come to enjoy the ecstasy of eternal salvation.”  [Paper131:3.4,page 1447:1]
    Great teaching that……..“Cultivate the assurance of the heart which springs from within…”
    Just as there were specific reasons why Jesus was born in Palestine among the Jews during the reign of the Roman Empire, there are specific reasons why The Urantia Book has been delivered in the city of Chicago in the USA. I suggest there are more reasons than the one you have offered.
    Sabinatu wrote:  …TUB was brought for publication in the USA was because the top-down pressure succeeded in providing spiritual freedom.
    This is somewhat cryptic and could do with expansion to appreciate your thinking.
    One of the great benefits I’ve gained from my study of the teachings of The Urantia Book is inner calm based on faith that I am not alone in this quest to find the Father and do his bidding—I have help—lots of it. Confirmation there is more good in the world than bad, is evident in the experiences I have with people every day. I have already made mention of this at other times, this is Michael’s bestowal world and his assurance is an ironclad guarantee of success. Michael is Sovereign of Nebadon and all who are contained within his universe. Our celestial family is with us and for us. The ranks of spiritual brotherhood are swelling amongst believers of all religions for our motivation is united in its Godward direction. The heathen rage because they become aware of the insecurity of their situation, founded as it is exclusively on things possessed and within the realm of the gross senses. Who are these heathen, if not our confused brothers and sisters who have not yet laid hold of the experiential consciously substantiated reality of sonship with God? A worthy task would be to communicate this truth. There is nothing to fear for those who love the Lord.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.