The thing I would most like the world to know from the Urantia Book is…

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The thing I would most like the world to know from the Urantia Book is…

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hi, 142:3:9 (1599.1) But when a later writer narrated these events, subsequent to the enlargement of the Jewish concept of the nature of God, he did not dare attribute evil to Yahweh; therefore he said: ‘And Satan stood up against Israel and provoked David to number Israel.’ Cannot you discern that such records in the Scriptures clearly show how the concept of thenature of God continued to grow from one generation to another? 161:1:3 (1783.5) He did say to Thomas: “It matters little what idea of the Father you may entertain as long as you are spiritually acquainted with the ideal of his infinite and eternal nature.182:1:26 (1965.20) As divine love reveals the nature of God, eternal truth discloses his name in ever-enlarging proportions. 1:1.6 (23.3)He is best known, most universally acknowledged, on your planet, Urantia, by the name God. The name he is given is of little importance; the significant thing is that you should know him and aspire to be like him.

Point taken, André. Thanks much for the correcting quotes. To me God is Great Grandfather.

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

Rick, where I should find in UB the quoted you mention ?

God must be loved to be known.

If one thing would be allowed to said is;

91:2:3 … prayer is in reality a communion between man and his Maker.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

102:1.1 The work of the Thought Adjuster constitutes the explanation of the translation of man’s primitive and evolutionary sense of duty into that higher and more certain faith in the eternal realities of revelation. There must be perfection hunger in man’s heart to insure capacity for comprehending the faith paths to supreme attainment. If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hi, Rick, where I should find in UB the quoted you mention ? God must be loved to be known.

Bonita, thanks. That’s it André. Admittedly it says things, not God. What things should we consider to be divine? Paradise maybe? It’s a bit of contradiction because things can’t be loved. 

This is the UB quote: “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.”

It’s interesting to note, Pascal’s axiom is sometimes translated: Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Ref: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/blaise_pascal_100862

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

The original French:

Les êtres humains doivent être connus pour être aimés; mais les êtres divins doivent être aimés pour être connus

Which translates as being. Curious the UB authors and editors used the word things, but I’m sure they had good reason.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I think you have to take Pascal’s words in context with the revelators words.  The quote in question has to do with perfection hunger.   Perfection hunger is a metaphor for love.  The Adjuster urges a person to love because he is love himself, and a person responds by loving back.   The deeper and richer the relationship of love between the two partners, the more the human partner knows about the nature or character of God within him and the more the human partner becomes like him (Godlike).  Don’t forget that doing God’s will is simply sharing the inner life with him.  Sharing is a divine thing.

111:5.1 The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God — with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible. Sharing is Godlike — divine. God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, while they, in turn, share all things with the divine Sons and spirit Daughters of the universes.

André
    André
    Participant

wrong thread. see. Democracy instead

Hi everyone,

Jesus, our Father never put emphase on errors.

When confronted to it, he shed light in it. He refered to it (m.o.b.) as lights of thoses primitives ages.
    Mediocrity belongs to those primitive earlier times.

Can I set myself free from it.
    Who can set themself free of it ?

Joy
    Participant

I think this is the quote that Rick was referring to:

102:1.1. The work of the Thought Adjuster constitutes the explanation of the translation of man’s primitive and evolutionary sense of duty into that higher and more certain faith in the eternal realities of revelation. There must be perfection hunger in man’s heart to insure capacity for comprehending the faith paths to supreme attainment. If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man.

In my opinion, “divine things” are loved in the soul.  I find that that the more I pay attention to God within me, the more I love him.  But it is also true that the more knowledge I learn about God and Jesus, especially as I meditate on these ideas, the more my love for them grows.

The best definition of divinity, imo, is found in this quote:  0:1.17. “Divinity is creature comprehensible as truth, beauty, and goodness; correlated in personality as love, mercy, and ministry; disclosed on impersonal levels as justice, power, and sovereignty.”

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

In my opinion, “divine things” are loved in the soul. I find that that the more I pay attention to God within me, the more I love him. But it is also true that the more knowledge I learn about God and Jesus, especially as I meditate on these ideas, the more my love for them grows.

Sounds right, and beautifull.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

In my opinion, “divine things” are loved in the soul.

Absolutely true.  I think that’s the distinction TUB makes between ideas and ideals.  Ideas about God are in the material mind; the ideal of God is experienced in the soul and develops into a relationship with him.

5:5.11 God-consciousness, as it is experienced by an evolving mortal of the realms, must consist of three varying factors, three differential levels of reality realization. There is first the mind consciousness – the comprehension of the idea of God. Then follows the soul consciousness – the realization of the ideal of God. Last, dawns the spirit consciousness – the realization of the spirit reality of God. By the unification of these factors of the divine realization, no matter how incomplete, the mortal personality at all times overspreads all conscious levels with a realization of the personality of God. In those mortals who have attained the Corps of the Finality all this will in time lead to the realization of the supremacy of God and may subsequently eventuate in the realization of the ultimacy of God, some phase of the absonite superconsciousness of the Paradise Father.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.