The Foundations of Religious Faith – Paper 102

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Foundations of Religious Faith – Paper 102

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

The reality of our humanity is a complex system of many different elements and relationships of those elements in an inter-association and inter-action that is the same system for each of us and yet a totally unique experience by each of us which is also a personalized expression of that unique experience.  Our choices and our motives and priorities which lead to our choices deliver the journey of this experience of the personalization of our humanity I think.  That personalization is based on perspective or our lens of view of reality – the one we create compared to the one that IS.

This perspective and its personalization is always in ‘adjustment’ and ‘refocus’ and maturation and includes additional content and context and growing awareness of an increasing context of more and more data but also more and more truth realization due to the functions of faith, revelation, insight, and wisdom.  It’s far more organic and evolutionary than mechanistic in its functionality.  Science, philosophy, and religion must be integrated and balanced and harmonized for the best outcomes of the experiential beings of time and space.  Fact and truth must be woven together by the perspective of our being and our becoming to form the foundation and the superstructure of our experience for our personalized expression of that experience.

This construction project of self and our experience and our expression of our experience does not have a completion date or design.  We are engaged in a perpetual creation of our unique self and personalized self expression…and both its creation and its expression are formed by decisions….and more decisions….and then still more decisions….the perpetual perfecting of being and the expression of being by the choices we make in loving service to others….the embrace of reality…..by the ever wiser perspective of reality….by the personal experience of reality….embraced first by faith, and then by truth, and then by knowledge and understanding of experience and maturity, and then by finding the better and better and better choice among all the choices….forevermore.

102:3.6 (1122.2) Knowledge leads to placing men, to originating social strata and castes. Religion leads to serving men, thus creating ethics and altruism. Wisdom leads to the higher and better fellowship of both ideas and one’s fellows. Revelation liberates men and starts them out on the eternal adventure.

102:3.7 (1122.3) Science sorts men; religion loves men, even as yourself; wisdom does justice to differing men; but revelation glorifies man and discloses his capacity for partnership with God.

102:3.8 (1122.4) Science vainly strives to create the brotherhood of culture; religion brings into being the brotherhood of the spirit. Philosophy strives for the brotherhood of wisdom; revelation portrays the eternal brotherhood, the Paradise Corps of the Finality.

102:3.9 (1122.5) Knowledge yields pride in the fact of personality; wisdom is the consciousness of the meaning of personality; religion is the experience of cognizance of the value of personality; revelation is the assurance of personality survival.

102:3.10 (1122.6) Science seeks to identify, analyze, and classify the segmented parts of the limitless cosmos. Religion grasps the idea-of-the-whole, the entire cosmos. Philosophy attempts the identification of the material segments of science with the spiritual-insight concept of the whole. Wherein philosophy fails in this attempt, revelation succeeds, affirming that the cosmic circle is universal, eternal, absolute, and infinite. This cosmos of the Infinite I AM is therefore endless, limitless, and all-inclusive—timeless, spaceless, and unqualified. And we bear testimony that the Infinite I AM is also the Father of Michael of Nebadon and the God of human salvation.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This construction project of self . . .

You’ve opened up an area which I think is somewhat confusing.  TUB tells us that Jesus never recommended that we build or construct our character, but rather to let it grow:

140:8.27 The carpenter’s son never taught character building; he taught character growth, declaring that the kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed.

Are we building ourselves or growing ourselves?  There’s a big difference between the two, and I’m wondering what others think on the subject.

We are engaged in a perpetual creation of our unique self and personalized self expression . . .

Aren’t we engaged in a perpetual co-creative process of growth?  I don’t think it’s possible to over stress the importance of co-creation.  If you’re living life without a divine partner, then you’re not really living. At least that’s my experience.  I think the requirement for growth depends entirely upon a partnership with deity – a real, true and dynamic relationship.  Without it, there’s no growth.  Otherwise, you can build all day and go absolutely nowhere.  Don’t you think? I mean, what the heck are you actually building if you’re going it alone? I think when it comes to push or shove, yah got nothin’.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thank you Bonita…important points of clarification…again, analogies so often fail to convey truth with any accuracy (or at least mine do – hahahaha!).

Your post brought to mind a hilarious picture of the tadpole attempting to construct the frog or the worm building a butterfly or an apple seed assembling a fruited tree!!

;-)

The co-creation aspect is so obvious I failed to mention it directly, and should have… but certainly, the mortal is not the source of our inspiration or faith or self or self awareness or yearn, thirst, and hunger or assurance of survival and belonging and being loved or other-awareness. Truly, the mortal does not even exist in our humanity without Spirit. Without Spirit, we are but animals…not yet human at all I do not think. The more connected to the Spirit, actually the more ‘human’ we become.

Still wondering what it really means for the Midwayers, Guardian Angels, and Materials to be “humanized”. I think we are born as little animals becoming humanized ourselves? To become spiritized and co-create soul and grow in the spirit or to attach our branch to the vine and grow the fruits of the spirit – this is to be humanized?! I know celestials also mature and grow wisdom by experience but what of the branch’s attachment to the vine? Aren’t celestials created thusly “pre-attached”? Don’t they know/have the fruit but not grow the fruit? Is the religious experience unique to humanity? I think the “conspiracy” of the ministering spirits to spiritualize mortals is in many ways unique to mortals…it is the method of humanization!

Our partnership with God and our quest for God and the growth experience of perfecting will be never ending – once it begins. And while God works within children and primitives to deliver faith and begin the religious life, it falls upon us to then also personally choose this and become active partners by our own intentional volition….we must choose and purposefully want this co-creative partnership and actively cooperate with the Spirit to truly unleash true humanity and begin to realize our potential.

106:7.5 (1169.4) No matter how much you may grow in Father comprehension, your mind will always be staggered by the unrevealed infinity of the Father-I AM, the unexplored vastness of which will always remain unfathomable and incomprehensible throughout all the cycles of eternity. No matter how much of God you may attain, there will always remain much more of him, the existence of which you will not even suspect. And we believe that this is just as true on transcendental levels as it is in the domains of finite existence. The quest for God is endless!

107:4.7 (1181.3) Can you really realize the true significance of the Adjuster’s indwelling? Do you really fathom what it means to have an absolute fragment of the absolute and infinite Deity, the Universal Father, indwelling and fusing with your finite mortal natures? When mortal man fuses with an actual fragment of the existential Cause of the total cosmos, no limit can ever be placed upon the destiny of such an unprecedented and unimaginable partnership. In eternity, man will be discovering not only the infinity of the objective Deity but also the unending potentiality of the subjective fragment of this same God. Always will the Adjuster be revealing to the mortal personality the wonder of God, and never can this supernal revelation come to an end, for the Adjuster is of God and as God to mortal man.

107:6.3 (1182.5) Your path to Paradise is the path of spirit attainment, and the Adjuster nature will faithfully unfold the revelation of the spiritual nature of the Universal Father. Beyond the Paradise ascent and in the postfinaliter stages of the eternal career, the Adjuster may possibly contact with the onetime human partner in other than spirit ministry; but the Paradise ascent and the finaliter career are the partnership between the God-knowing spiritualizing mortal and the spiritual ministry of the God-revealing Adjuster.

118:5.2 (1299.2) In the beginning the Father does all, but as the panorama of eternity unfolds in response to the will and mandates of the Infinite, it becomes increasingly apparent that creatures, even men, are to become God’s partners in the realization of finality of destiny. And this is true even in the life in the flesh; when man and God enter into partnership, no limitation can be placed upon the future possibilities of such a partnership. When man realizes that the Universal Father is his partner in eternal progression, when he fuses with the indwelling Father presence, he has, in spirit, broken the fetters of time and has already entered upon the progressions of eternity in the quest for the Universal Father.

118:5.3 (1299.3) Mortal consciousness proceeds from the fact, to the meaning, and then to the value. Creator consciousness proceeds from the thought-value, through the word-meaning, to the fact of action. Always must God act to break the deadlock of the unqualified unity inherent in existential infinity. Always must Deity provide the pattern universe, the perfect personalities, the original truth, beauty, and goodness for which all subdeity creations strive. Always must God first find man that man may later find God. Always must there be a Universal Father before there can ever be universal sonship and consequent universal brotherhood.

:good:

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Whether “building” or “growing”, I think Bradley hits the nail on the head with the idea of our “perpetual perfecting of being“.

Personally, I think part of the beauty made possible by Urantia’s tragic history is that here, like nowhere else in Nebadon, the personalization of our Adjusters unfolds in TRULY unique ways. By this I mean that, given the dependability of the “normal” scheme, where a world’s culture is almost cookie-cuttered into a somewhat standardized perfection, here on Urantia, each precious co-creational success must be pouring otherwise unattainable contributions into the Supreme.

And regarding such co-creation, as students of the Urantia book, surely we all know that “life without a divine partner” is a very short and narrow affair!

thanks Bradley and Bonita for such a valuable exploration of this paper.

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Without Spirit, we are but animals…not yet human at all I do not think. The more connected to the Spirit, actually the more ‘human’ we become.

I think it depends on what “spirit” you’re talking about.  The spirit of worship separates us from the animals, making us superanimal once it makes contact.  Superanimal is on the way to human, but once humans enter the 7th circle and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, they have superhuman potential. So the more connected humans are to soul-level spirit (as opposed to adjutant-level spirit), the more superhuman they become.  But it is a process in which the adjutant spirits of worship and wisdom cannot be left out.  They are critical to the transfer of identity.

(1003.2) 92:0.2 1. The adjutant of worship — the appearance in animal consciousness of superanimal potentials for reality perception. This might be termed the primordial human instinct for Deity.

100:3.6 The association of actuals and potentials equals growth, the experiential realization of values. But growth is not mere progress. Progress is always meaningful, but it is relatively valueless without growth. The supreme value of human life consists in growth of values, progress in meanings, and realization of the cosmic interrelatedness of both of these experiences. And such an experience is the equivalent of God-consciousness. Such a mortal, while not supernatural, is truly becoming superhuman; an immortal soul is evolving.

Bradly wrote: Aren’t celestials created thusly “pre-attached”?

You’re talking about celestials created within time and space, right?  I think celestials eventuated on Havona might be pre-attached in one sense or another, but the rest of them, out in here the wilds of the superuniverses, have to choose to be attached; they have to work at it.  Isn’t that the meaning of this quote:

p361:1 32:3.6 The farther down the scale of life we go, the more difficult it becomes to locate, with the eye of faith, the invisible Father. The lower creatures—and sometimes even the higher personalities—find it difficult always to envisage the Universal Father in his Creator Sons. And so, pending the time of their spiritual exaltation, when perfection of development will enable them to see God in person, they grow weary in progression, entertain spiritual doubts, stumble into confusion, and thus isolate themselves from the progressive spiritual aims of their time and universe. In this way they lose the ability to see the Father when beholding the Creator Son. The surest safeguard for the creature throughout the long struggle to attain the Father, during this time when inherent conditions make such attainment impossible, is tenaciously to hold on to the truth-fact of the Father’s presence in his Sons. Literally and figuratively, spiritually and personally, the Father and the Sons are one. It is a fact: He who has seen a Creator Son has seen the Father.

I think humanization is not possible without the co-creative process, meaning the process of uniting both human and divine for eternity. This is why I can’t accept Nigel’s idea that Adjusters are personalized by the “human technique”, even though I understand the logic.  The unification of human and divine natures is the most beautiful thing in all the universes.  I can’t think of it as humanization, but rather as divinity attainment or realization. The “human technique” sounds backward to me, but then there’s that yanny, laurel thing again.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Personally, I think part of the beauty made possible by Urantia’s tragic history is that here, like nowhere else in Nebadon, the personalization of our Adjusters unfolds in TRULY unique ways. By this I mean that, given the dependability of the “normal” scheme, where a world’s culture is almost cookie-cuttered into a somewhat standardized perfection, here on Urantia, each precious co-creational success must be pouring otherwise unattainable contributions into the Supreme.

Greetings Nigel!!

Agreed.  I think our world very unique…and challenged.  Rebellion and the Adamic default leading to the total collapse and loss of all corporeal leadership and example.  No stabilizing and growing centers of culture, education, universe cosmology, spiritual guidance by perspective of reality, etc.  The ‘neighboring planet’ is another example though, so out of 7 trillion worlds there must be those others where the Most Highs, the Creator Sons, and the Supreme have had to be creatively responsive with Plan B.  But I am most impressed by the  ability of the Spirit ministries to overcome these losses and obstacles and shepherd such a world through the Mortal Epochs of planetary transformation one soul at a time….Some text on that challenge from Paper 52:

52:6.2 (597.3) Even on normal evolutionary worlds the realization of the world-wide brotherhood of man is not an easy accomplishment. On a confused and disordered planet like Urantia such an achievement requires a much longer time and necessitates far greater effort. Unaided social evolution can hardly achieve such happy results on a spiritually isolated sphere. Religious revelation is essential to the realization of brotherhood on Urantia….

52:6.7 (598.2) 5. Spiritual insight. The brotherhood of man is, after all, predicated on the recognition of the fatherhood of God. The quickest way to realize the brotherhood of man on Urantia is to effect the spiritual transformation of present-day humanity. The only technique for accelerating the natural trend of social evolution is that of applying spiritual pressure from above, thus augmenting moral insight while enhancing the soul capacity of every mortal to understand and love every other mortal. Mutual understanding and fraternal love are transcendent civilizers and mighty factors in the world-wide realization of the brotherhood of man.

52:6.8 (598.3) If you could be transplanted from your backward and confused world to some normal planet now in the postbestowal Son age, you would think you had been translated to the heaven of your traditions. You would hardly believe that you were observing the normal evolutionary workings of a mortal sphere of human habitation. These worlds are in the spiritual circuits of their realm, and they enjoy all the advantages of the universe broadcasts and the reflectivity services of the superuniverse.

Me here:  We know of the miraculous choice of Michael to walk upon our world and give us the gift of the Son’s Spirit….and do so far out of the ordinary sequence described in Paper 52.  That transformative gift 2000 years ago cannot even be understood by us today as its effect has been too profound to consider life without the Spirit of Truth and the flood of TA’s provided thusly.

Even though we are and have been isolated in so many ways, still do the mind gravity, spirit gravity, and spirits of Father, Mother, and Son attend us here.  And those, evidently, and combined with revelation, can and do “accelerate” personal and planetary transformation by “applying spiritual pressure from above”.  We are taught that faith assurance and truth assurance by personal revelation combine to overcome many of the effects of rebellion and the default of Adam and Eve.  There are many forms of compensatory ministry we enjoy that may, ultimately, prove to be of immense value to the Supreme (as Nigel suggests above).

34:7.6 (382.6) Notwithstanding this double disaster to man’s nature and his environment, present-day mortals would experience less of this apparent warfare between the flesh and the spirit if they would enter the spirit kingdom, wherein the faith sons of God enjoy comparative deliverance from the slave-bondage of the flesh in the enlightened and liberating service of wholehearted devotion to doing the will of the Father in heaven. Jesus showed mankind the new way of mortal living whereby human beings may very largely escape the dire consequences of the Caligastic rebellion and most effectively compensate for the deprivations resulting from the Adamic default. “The spirit of the life of Christ Jesus has made us free from the law of animal living and the temptations of evil and sin.” “This is the victory that overcomes the flesh, even your faith.

One thing I am discovering in this study of the middle papers is how narrow and inflexible and traditional is the definition of “faith” and “religious” experience and expression that myself and so many others (including UB students) impose upon ourselves and others (especially others).  Too many of us fail to recognize the faith experience and the building of soul in others due to our own opinions and perspectives which limit that experience far too much by our own prejudice and preconceptions which too often leads to being judgmental and disappointed and impatient with others’ religiosity.  We are so focused on the immaturities and materialness of our neighbors that we fail to discern the inner life and light that truly exists.

And so some of us come to think the world is going to heck in a hand basket and in need of intervention and emergency attention and that a majority of our fellows are in danger of hell or lack of survival…and seemingly everyone is needful of our opinions and corrections and advice of what to do and not to do, etc., etc., etc.  We’re a funny bunch of opinionated monkeys!!!  While we may find humility when considering God’s greatness….we often seem to fail to be more humble with one another.  And how can we truly love others until we forgive them of what we perceive and judge to be their faults and failures?

The brotherhood begins with understanding one another and expanding our own perspective of the fact and reality of the Spirit’s work within us all.  That experience and its expression simply is not what so many of us think and expect it to be.  That’s why we are taught to look for the fruits of the Spirit….not the piety and pretense so often offered as ‘evidence’ of someone’s claimed religious experience and their expectations of others.  Where is the love and forgiveness in such an attitude?  Jesus loved us….the tadpoleness of humanity delighted him and the animal/materialness brought forth great compassion and patience in him.

Thank you Bonita and Nigel for sharing your insights and perspective….always making me think and reflect and reconsider my own view of reality.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I have to say that I agree Bradly.  It pains me so much when folks can’t see that God is not only friendly, but man’s closest and most intimate friend.  Odd that this world sees man’s best friend as an animal, when in reality the highest level of Deity, a bona fide and recognizable person, is forever stretching out his hand in devoted friendship, actually begging us to participate.  If people could only open their minds and see the tender and loving nature of our God, they would be healed of so many ills.  I honestly don’t know how to help.  I see this, why can’t others?  What makes people so bitter, vindictive and hostile?  Surely it is the animal nature, but why aren’t people growing weary of it?  I struggle to know.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

More differentiation of science/knowledge – philosophy/wisdom – religion/faith+revelation.  Consider the “will-to-believe” and the “will that believes”…and the journey between these points.  Consider the “hunger for truth” that compels us and the confirmation of truth which feeds us.  Consider how revelation delivers reality-insight which the TA then attaches “the feeling of reality”.

From early in our human life, we are constantly combining material realities learned by our 5 senses with spirit realities learned by the function of mind and the spirit ministries to mind.  The brain and the mind learning to dance together and harmonize these distinct realities by the intervening and integrating and coordinating function of philosophy.  This is spiritization of mind.  And the spiritualization of our very being.  The transformation of the evolutionary (the ministry and victory of the Adjutants and the Life Carriers) into its eternal and perfecting potential (the ministry and victory of the Spirits of Father, Mother, and Son within).

The journey and adventure of the Paradise Path….begins with the birth of soul and is propelled toward eternity by the willful and intentional transfer of the seat of our personal identity from the material and evolutionary world of our mortal birth to that of our eternal source and destiny and becomes guaranteed by our eternal union with the God Fragment within.  And in the light of eternity, this does not take so long a time as we might think from our current temporal perspective!

102:3.11 (1122.7) Science indicates Deity as a fact; philosophy presents the idea of an Absolute; religion envisions God as a loving spiritual personality. Revelation affirms the unity of the fact of Deity, the idea of the Absolute, and the spiritual personality of God and, further, presents this concept as our Father—the universal fact of existence, the eternal idea of mind, and the infinite spirit of life. *

102:3.12 (1122.8) The pursuit of knowledge constitutes science; the search for wisdom is philosophy; the love for God is religion; the hunger for truth is a revelation. But it is the indwelling Thought Adjuster that attaches the feeling of reality to man’s spiritual insight into the cosmos.

102:3.13 (1122.9) In science, the idea precedes the expression of its realization; in religion, the experience of realization precedes the expression of the idea. There is a vast difference between the evolutionary will-to-believe and the product of enlightened reason, religious insight, and revelation—the will that believes.

102:3.14 (1122.10) In evolution, religion often leads to man’s creating his concepts of God; revelation exhibits the phenomenon of God’s evolving man himself, while in the earth life of Christ Michael we behold the phenomenon of God’s revealing himself to man. Evolution tends to make God manlike; revelation tends to make man Godlike.

102:3.15 (1122.11) Science is only satisfied with first causes, religion with supreme personality, and philosophy with unity. Revelation affirms that these three are one, and that all are good. The eternal real is the good of the universe and not the time illusions of space evil. In the spiritual experience of all personalities, always is it true that the real is the good and the good is the real.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

4. The Fact of Experience

102:4.1 (1123.1) Because of the presence in your minds of the Thought Adjuster, it is no more of a mystery for you to know the mind of God than for you to be sure of the consciousness of knowing any other mind, human or superhuman. Religion and social consciousness have this in common: They are predicated on the consciousness of other-mindness. The technique whereby you can accept another’s idea as yours is the same whereby you may “let the mind which was in Christ be also in you.”

102:4.2 (1123.2) What is human experience? It is simply any interplay between an active and questioning self and any other active and external reality. The mass of experience is determined by depth of concept plus totality of recognition of the reality of the external. The motion of experience equals the force of expectant imagination plus the keenness of the sensory discovery of the external qualities of contacted reality. The fact of experience is found in self-consciousness plus other-existences—other-thingness, other-mindness, and other-spiritness.

102:4.3 (1123.3) Man very early becomes conscious that he is not alone in the world or the universe. There develops a natural spontaneous self-consciousness of other-mindness in the environment of selfhood. Faith translates this natural experience into religion, the recognition of God as the reality—source, nature, and destiny—of other-mindness. But such a knowledge of God is ever and always a reality of personal experience. If God were not a personality, he could not become a living part of the real religious experience of a human personality.

102:4.4 (1123.4) The element of error present in human religious experience is directly proportional to the content of materialism which contaminates the spiritual concept of the Universal Father. Man’s prespirit progression in the universe consists in the experience of divesting himself of these erroneous ideas of the nature of God and of the reality of pure and true spirit. Deity is more than spirit, but the spiritual approach is the only one possible to ascending man.

102:4.5 (1123.5) Prayer is indeed a part of religious experience, but it has been wrongly emphasized by modern religions, much to the neglect of the more essential communion of worship. The reflective powers of the mind are deepened and broadened by worship. Prayer may enrich the life, but worship illuminates destiny.

102:4.6 (1123.6) Revealed religion is the unifying element of human existence. Revelation unifies history, co-ordinates geology, astronomy, physics, chemistry, biology, sociology, and psychology. Spiritual experience is the real soul of man’s cosmos.

The fact of our experience does not define the value of that experience…or the wisdom derived therefrom.  Indeed, experience which is devoid of relationship with God and the religious life of that experience remains devoid of meaningful wisdom and spiritual insight – it has no lasting value to us or to the Supreme.

Remember that the Adjutants deliver us evolutionary religion based on faith….the hunger for truth and growth within is a function of revelation by the Adjuster.  Revelation unites and unifies our reality – our experience in the material world with our experience in the inner life…and that inner life begins with other mindedness – the assurance of God and our survival.

When we are confused or anxious or doubtful, we can go to the “other mindedness” for solace and solution.  And sufficient experience in this will result in a more direct communion and worship…a personal embrace of God within….and this embrace further reveals ultimate reality and destiny to our own mind and soul.  It is the flow of life from vine to branch which results in fruit.

Pardon the musings….and feel free to share your thoughts!

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

102:4.3 (1123.3) Man very early becomes conscious that he is not alone in the world or the universe. There develops a natural spontaneous self-consciousness of other-mindness in the environment of selfhood.

This is also known as the presence of God, consciousness of another self inside your head.  Here’s a companion quote to the one above:

(195.10) 16:9.4 Human self-consciousness implies the recognition of the reality of selves other than the conscious self and further implies that such awareness is mutual; that the self is known as it knows. This is shown in a purely human manner in man’s social life. But you cannot become so absolutely certain of a fellow being’s reality as you can of the reality of the presence of God that lives within you. The social consciousness is not inalienable like the God-consciousness; it is a cultural development and is dependent on knowledge, symbols, and the contributions of the constitutive endowments of man — science, morality, and religion. And these cosmic gifts, socialized, constitute civilization.

Jesus instructed us to strive for increasing ability to feel the presence of God.

155:6.12 It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to feel the presence of God.

The presence of God is the indwelling Adjuster:

(64.6) 5:2.3 The divine presence cannot, however, be discovered anywhere in nature or even in the lives of God-knowing mortals so fully and so certainly as in your attempted communion with the indwelling Mystery Monitor, the Paradise Thought Adjuster. What a mistake to dream of God far off in the skies when the spirit of the Universal Father lives within your own mind!

The presence of God in a spiritually progressing self is experienced as the presence of the Supreme Being:

(1245.6) 113:4.6 The ministering personality of the guardian seraphim, the God presence of the indwelling Adjuster, the encircuited action of the Holy Spirit, and the Son-consciousness of the Spirit of Truth are all divinely correlated into a meaningful unity of spiritual ministry in and to a mortal personality. Though hailing from different sources and different levels, these celestial influences are all integrated in the enveloping and evolving presence of the Supreme Being.

p1211:1  110:6.16 Perhaps these psychic circles of mortal progression would be better denominated cosmic levels—actual meaning grasps and value realizations of progressive approach to the morontia consciousness of initial relationship of the evolutionary soul with the emerging Supreme Being. And it is this very relationship that makes it forever impossible fully to explain the significance of the cosmic circles to the material mind. These circle attainments are only relatively related to God-consciousness. A seventh or sixth circler can be almost as truly God-knowing—sonship conscious—as a second or first circler, but such lower circle beings are far less conscious of experiential relation to the Supreme Being, universe citizenship. The attainment of these cosmic circles will become a part of the ascenders’ experience on the mansion worlds if they fail of such achievement before natural death. 

André
    André
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Very fruitfull this collaborative participation.

Some personal point of view regarding those share out explorating meanings.

Without Spirit, we are but animals…not yet human at all.   post #30699

I think human level is solely a product of evolutionary process.

Mind … superimposed on the nonteachable or mechanical levels of mind by the agencies of the Infinite Spirit.   36:2.18

Maybee here is Bradley what you refered as Spirit involvement ?

When the Life Carriers operating on a new world have once succeeded in producing a being with will, with the power of moral decision and spiritual choice, then and there their work terminates.   36:3.8

… then humans  are trigger to a potential spiritualisation with Deities’s Spirit.

... responsive with Plan B.   post #30564, #30703

Do not think God’s plans included others alternatives “in case of”. God’s plans are perfectly settled. Inclusive (the Most Highs, the Creator Sons, and “maybee” the Supreme).

No thing is new to God, and no cosmic event ever comes as a surprise.   2:1.5

Warms regards

André

André
    André
    Participant

Precision/correction.

… what is superimpose is the adjutants on mind whom is redirect biologically according to evolution to respond spiritually and allowed power of choices (will and independence of decision) 29:4.13. 

Mind is no more wholly subservient to an automatic, nonteachable, mechanical mode. Leisure to think, to plan, to imagine new and better ways of doing things are rendered available.   81:2.14

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Life is bestowed upon an energy system; Mind is bestowed upon life; Spirit is bestowed upon mind, and the Creative Spirit is involved with all three. (36:3.4; 36:6.4; 9:5.3; 30:1.99)

Life has an inherent capacity for the mobilization and transmutation of universal energy, which means that basic life, even without mind, not only responds to its biochemical and electrical environment, but also animates it.  Life is not animated by energy, but rather the other way around. Physical energy reactions are animated by life, and that life has an innate divine purpose. (41:2.5; 65:6.7)

Life is sufficient to begin evolution because all life is endowed with adaptability and an insatiable drive for ever increasing perfection of environmental adjustment and life realization.(65:6.2)

It is life which animates or vitalizes the physical energy level of existence. Mechanical mind, pre-adjutant mind, is superimposed upon life, followed by adjutant mind which is superimposed upon mechanical pre-adjutant mind.  Mind provides direction through differential urges and coordination due to its innate quality of unity. (36:2.18; 102:2.5)

Life vitalizes inorganic material and superimposed mind then activates life, meaning mind sets the motion of life’s already inherent capacities in the direction toward evolutionary growth.  The initial level of mind applied to life is called pre-adjutant mind. (36:3.3; 36:6.7; 65:06; 16:4.9 )

The Physical Controllers superimpose this basic pre-adjutant level of mechanical, nonteachable mind upon life. The adjutants are then superimposed upon the Physical Controller’s pre-adjutant level of mind. (36:2.18; 9:5.3)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thank you Bonita and Andre!!

I am learning a new appreciation and perspective…even a total paradigm shift….related to the religious experience.  I’d always thought one had to become religious.  And that the teaching of transferring the seat of our identity meant that the religious realities and truths in life had to be chosen consciously to BE religious or HAVE a religious experience.  This is simply not true.  One must consciously embrace the Spirit within to reach certain levels of progress and spiritualization….to be born again I think is to add conscious volition and cognitive intent to that which is truly a natural attachment to God and an inner awareness of and response to God.

The mortal mind is designed and constructed and encircuited specifically FOR the religious life and experience within.  It is definitely one of our dual nature.  We learn to allow the material nature to become dominant…or it never would I do not think.  On worlds settled in Light and Life and ruled by love and universe realities, I think we would not have such a need for transferring our identities….just learn to balance and harmonize both inherent natures!  But on such a world and at such a time as this, materialism and primitivism and self importance are taught and learned early and quickly far too often.  It is THIS that requires such an effort of will to embrace the spiritual nature I think as we age and mature.

Nevertheless, the religious life and spiritization of mind is an ever present and powerful influence and modifier of mortal existence and reality….from children and primitives to nearly all of humanity, we are affected by the religious life.  We may not even recognize it as being a religious life and it may be very distorted by a lack of knowledge or false beliefs or materialism or all manner of error.  But still does God pursue us and whisper and tickle and give us the yearn, thirst, and hunger and provide that which. and only that which, nourishes that hunger and desire….and this goes on not just within me or us, but in everybody!

Once soul is born….and the flicker is lit….then is potential ignited….and potential always has value….and thus are time, patience, love, mercy, and hope always extended to potential for its realization and gift of ever more potential!!

Thanks to all who add their own light to help us illuminate such a wonderful topic and teaching!!

5. The Supremacy of Purposive Potential

102:5.1 (1123.7) Although the establishment of the fact of belief is not equivalent to establishing the fact of that which is believed, nevertheless, the evolutionary progression of simple life to the status of personality does demonstrate the fact of the existence of the potential of personality to start with. And in the time universes, potential is always supreme over the actual. In the evolving cosmos the potential is what is to be, and what is to be is the unfolding of the purposive mandates of Deity.

102:5.2 (1124.1) This same purposive supremacy is shown in the evolution of mind ideation when primitive animal fear is transmuted into the constantly deepening reverence for God and into increasing awe of the universe. Primitive man had more religious fear than faith, and the supremacy of spirit potentials over mind actuals is demonstrated when this craven fear is translated into living faith in spiritual realities.

102:5.3 (1124.2) You can psychologize evolutionary religion but not the personal-experience religion of spiritual origin. Human morality may recognize values, but only religion can conserve, exalt, and spiritualize such values. But notwithstanding such actions, religion is something more than emotionalized morality. Religion is to morality as love is to duty, as sonship is to servitude, as essence is to substance. Morality discloses an almighty Controller, a Deity to be served; religion discloses an all-loving Father, a God to be worshiped and loved. And again this is because the spiritual potentiality of religion is dominant over the duty actuality of the morality of evolution.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

We learn to allow the material nature to become dominant…or it never would I do not think.

I don’t know what this means.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.