is the urantia book a counterfeit gospel?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions is the urantia book a counterfeit gospel?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Beautiful story Chuck.  Thanks for sharing it.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

The topic title, is the UB a counterfeit gospel, indicates to me the writer has a real question in his/her mind about the veracity of the contents of the UB either in part or as a whole opus.  All people have the right to reject the book outright or any which way.

The question posed here is bold in my opinion.  My interpretation of the question goes like this: I’m not sure about the Urantia Book; I have questions, serious questions; it is so different from the Bible; I’m afraid of it; but I am not afraid of the Bible; so I’m going to hang on to the Bible for safety’s sake; in fact I’m going to pronounce the Bible and denounce the UB; and I want all of you people to denounce it too.

Rodan said, ” All too often, when we battle for the right, it turns out that both the victor and the vanquished have sustained defeat. I heard the Master say only yesterday that the ‘wise man, when seeking entrance through the locked door, would not destroy the door but rather would seek for the key wherewith to unlock it.’ Too often we engage in a fight merely to convince ourselves we are not afraid.” (160:3.4)  And didn’t Jesus say, “Fear not, for I am with you”?

191:4.4  “Go, then, into all the world proclaiming this gospel of the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of men to all nations and races and ever be wise in your choice of methods for presenting the good news to the different races and tribes of mankind. Freely you have received this gospel of the kingdom, and you will freely give the good news to all nations. Fear not the resistance of evil, for I am with you always, even to the end of the ages. And my peace I leave with you.”
    There are many Bible verses addressing fear. For example:
    Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
    Joshua 1:9 – Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.
    Psalms 34:4 – I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
    Exodus 20:20 – And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.
    John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
    Let your heart not be troubled my friend. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.  :-)

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.