Broken Forum

Home Forums Support & Suggestions Broken Forum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This forum appears to be broken.  Is anyone trying to fix it?  Some posts disappear.  Some posts are duplicated. The editor does not work at all.  What’s up?

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Bonita wrote:

This forum appears to be broken. Is anyone trying to fix it? Some posts disappear. Some posts are duplicated. The editor does not work at all. What’s up?

Thank you for drawing attention to one or several problems of posting on the forum. I will inform the WMC and they will contact the Webmaster.

It would be helpful if you would reference the duplicated posts so the Webmaster can hone in on the problem.

We appreciate the feedback on how the forum is working.

Thanks much

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Testing

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Testing

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Moderator-1 wrote:  It would be helpful if you would reference the duplicated posts so the Webmaster can hone in on the problem.

I was having a problem with post #11299 .  

At first it appeared as a duplicate of the previous post. Then I tried to edit it with what is currently now showing.  It would not post the edit, and in addition, the original post and the one previous to it (the original) disappeared.  I tried both Safari and Chrome with similar results.   At the time, none of my posts were showing up despite the fact that the main page showed that I had posted something. When I clicked on the link, nothing was there – no post.  Oddly enough, my complaint post here on this subforum had no problem posting.

Perhaps it was just a sporadic problem.  The system seemed to be operating very slowly at the time.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Okay, I just wrote a post and hit the submit button, then it disappeared.  I know it’s out there somewhere and will reappear later . . .  whenever the space-time continuum comes around again.

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Okay, I just wrote a post and hit the submit button, then it disappeared. I know it’s out there somewhere and will reappear later . . . whenever the space-time continuum comes around again.

I submitted my response to your original post, but it disappeared too.  I then submitted “Testing” and it disappeared, so I’m having the same problem.  At this later hour I am surprised to see my 3 responses and your follow-up post.

Kathleen will come to our rescue and refer the Webmaster to your referenced duplicate post.  Thanks.

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Hi Bonita and Mod1,

We’re trying to do something about the speed problem. It’s causing delays in refreshing the site. I’ll report this to the webmaster. Hang in there.

Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Hi again,

We’ve just set things back to the way they were. Let me know if it’s working for you again or if you’re still having problems. We’re still looking into ways to improve the speed without it causing an impact. Sorry about that.

Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.