The Australia and New Zealand Urantia Association was created in the early 1990’s by a group of students of The Urantia Book who held a common desire to provide services that would foster the study of The Urantia Book and assist in the dissemination of its teachings throughout Australia & New Zealand.
Some of ANZURA’s functions are:
- To encourage a deep understanding of the teachings of The Urantia Book
- To facilitate the formation of Urantia Book study groups
- To organise an annual study conference of readers of The Urantia Book
- To enable readers to make contact with other readers
- To publish the Arena, the newsletter
- To ensure that The Urantia Bookis readily available
- To undertake library placement and other gift book programs
- To undertake any other activities that assist the spread of the teachings of TheUrantia Book
ANZURA functions under a constitution providing for democratic procedures and participation of members. It is affiliated (as a National Association) with Urantia Association International which consists of readers from many nations and cultures who want to assist the dissemination of The Urantia Book and its teachings throughout the world.
Members of ANZURA prefer to concentrate on the steady person-to-person approach to dissemination, rather than dramatic publicity. It is recognised that social improvement depends on the prior improvement of those who comprise society, and that while such improvement will be slow, it will rest on a strong foundation.
ANZURA welcomes any and all readers of The Urantia Book who may be interested in joining us in our attempts to uplift our world by applying, to our own lives, the supernal teachings of this fifth epochal revelation.
For more information on our activities and programs see: