Where's that Quote?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Where's that Quote?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

36:4.6,7. 46:5.32 #7 Maybe?

Mark shows us his findings:

36:4.6   It should be explained in this connection that the fifth group of seven primary worlds in the Salvington circuit are the Nebadon worlds of the finaliters. The children of the Melchizedek life carriers and the Material Daughters are domiciled on the seventh world of the finaliters, the Salvington midsonite sphere.

36:4.7  The satellites of the seven primary worlds of the finaliters are the rendezvous of the personalities of the super- and central universes who may be executing assignments in Nebadon. While the ascending mortals go about freely on all of the cultural worlds and training spheres of the 490 worlds comprising the Melchizedek University, there are certain special schools and numerous restricted zones which they are not permitted to enter. This is especially true of the forty-nine spheres under the jurisdiction of the finaliters.

46:5.32   7. The circles of the finaliters have a unique structure at the center. And this same vacant temple is found on every system headquarters world throughout Nebadon. This edifice on Jerusem is sealed with the insignia of Michael, and it bears this inscription: “Undedicated to the seventh stage of spirit — to the eternal assignment.” Gabriel placed the seal on this temple of mystery, and none but Michael can or may break the seal of sovereignty affixed by the Bright and Morning Star. Some day you shall look upon this silent temple, even though you may not penetrate its mystery.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Mara, Rick,

I suspect the Finaliters serving in Nebadon are personalities who originated from other super universes. I don’t get the feeling they are Nebadonites! (I invented a new word!)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

The forum is acting screwy today. :-(

I suspect the Finaliters serving in Nebadon are personalities who originated from other super universes. I don’t get the feeling they are Nebadonites! (I invented a new word!)

Anyhow, you might be right. I don’t know. But space-wise Satania of Nebadon is way far from Uversa and that great sun cluster which functions as the physical or astronomic center of our superuniverse. ( 32:2.11)  Time-wise regarding when Nebadon got started:

57:3.8  It was scarcely a million years subsequent to this epoch [400,000,000,000 years ago ] that Michael of Nebadon, a Creator Son of Paradise, selected this disintegrating nebula . . . .
    I apologize for digressing.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Mara, Rick, I suspect the Finaliters serving in Nebadon are personalities who originated from other super universes. I don’t get the feeling they are Nebadonites! (I invented a new word!)

Bradly here….I found this:

<small>31:0.10 (345.10)</small> During the present universe age the finaliters return to serve in the universes of time. They are assigned to labor successively in the different superuniverses and never in their native superuniverses until after they have served in all the other six supercreations. Thus may they acquire the sevenfold concept of the Supreme Being.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Thank you, Bradly. (Been missing you here.)

So, thanks to your finding, I am thinking, if correct, Nebadon is a younger local creation in the youngest, seventh super-creation, Orvonton. And if correct to assume the Supers #1-6 are older, it seems right to assume no persons from Nebadon have ever achieved Finaliter status and subsequently served in all seven Supers. Therefore, no Finaliter serving in Nebadon originated within our local origin. They originated in one of the other six Supers. Or, perhaps they originated in one of the other 99,999 locals within Orvonton, the older ones! Could this be a strong possibility?

Rick, you have a great question. What emerges for me thinking about God includes realizing Jesus’ statements about his service—here not to be served, but to serve. Also, God serves His children in many ways, including sending Finaliters to help us! Golly! What a great gift! And the marvelous synergistic arrangements, ministries abroad in the Cosmos! Many arrangements are supporting all other arrangements in harmony with the three concentric circles concept–eternity, universality, and finality of God! The possibilities for Trinity Finaliter service seem endless. Gosh, I’m glad we are not alone!

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks fellow “Nebadonites,”

Apparently we are granted periodic visualizations of Finaliters:

47:1.2 (530.6) Though the finaliter world is a sphere of exquisite physical beauty and extraordinary morontia embellishment, the great spirit abode located at the center of activities, the temple of the finaliters, is not visible to the unaided material or early morontia vision. But the energy transformers are able to visualize many of these realities to ascending mortals, and from time to time they do thus function, as on the occasions of the class assemblies of the mansion world students on this cultural sphere.

47:1.3 (531.1) All through the mansion world experience you are in a way spiritually aware of the presence of your glorified brethren of Paradise attainment, but it is very refreshing, now and then, actually to perceive them as they function in their headquarters abodes. You will not spontaneously visualize finaliters until you acquire true spirit vision.

Source/more: https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-47-seven-mansion-worlds

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote:  Anyone recall a quote saying Finaliters, who were born as mortals somewhere in Nebadon, have returned to confirm to us newbies that Paradise attainment is possible?
    Back to your question.  While I cannot say for certain, I have a reasonable opinion that newbies are not going to get that sort of comfirmation from finaliters.  A large part of my thinking pertains to the continuously functioncing of living faith in the surviving mortals.  Aren’t we going to be faith-sons for a long, long time, even in the morontia realms?  Aren’t we going to be agondonters forever, or at least have an agondonter tag on each Urantian who fuses?
    47:8.4   The union of the evolving immortal soul with the eternal and divine Adjuster is signalized by the seraphic summoning of the supervising superangel for resurrected survivors and of the archangel of record for those going to judgment on the third day; and then, in the presence of such a survivor’s morontia associates, these messengers of confirmation speak: “This is a beloved son in whom I am well pleased.” This simple ceremony marks the entrance of an ascending mortal upon the eternal career of Paradise service. [From Paper 47, The Seven Mansion Worlds]
    Regarding agondonters:
    50:7.2   On Jerusem the ascenders from these isolated worlds occupy a residential sector by themselves and are known as the agondonters, meaning evolutionary will creatures who can believe without seeing, persevere when isolated, and triumph over insuperable difficulties even when alone. This functional grouping of the agondonters persists throughout the ascension of the local universe and the traversal of the superuniverse; it disappears during the sojourn in Havona but promptly reappears upon the attainment of Paradise and definitely persists in the Corps of the Mortal Finality. Tabamantia is an agondonter of finaliter status, having survived from one of the quarantined spheres involved in the first rebellion ever to take place in the universes of time and space.
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks all.

Richard E Warren

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Where is this one, Rick?

Allow all men to rise to their highest capability and willingness…… or something like that! I’ve searched and searched and now I’m almost ready to give up. The discussion was related to prejudice and it promoted freedom of opportunity for everyone. There is no divine provision to repress any person. Give every person a fair chance for advancement.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Where is this one, Rick? Allow all men to rise to their highest capability and willingness…… or something like that! I’ve searched and searched and now I’m almost ready to give up. The discussion was related to prejudice and it promoted freedom of opportunity for everyone. There is no divine provision to repress any person. Give every person a fair chance for advancement.

Hmm… not ringing my bell, Mark. Sounds like Rodan. Found this:

160:1:4 (1773.1) But the true badge of social maturity is the willingness of a people to surrender the right to live peaceably and contentedly under the ease-promoting standards of the lure of established beliefs and conventional ideas for the disquieting and energy-requiring lure of the pursuit of the unexplored possibilities of the attainment of undiscovered goals of idealistic spiritual realities.

Richard E Warren

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Errors in thinking I’ve read something in the UB seemingly are easy and numerous! I possibly read this in a different source, perhaps someone’s UB commentary. However, the concept seems to harmonize nicely with the revelators and with Jesus. Yes?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Errors in thinking I’ve read something in the UB seemingly are easy and numerous! I possibly read this in a different source, perhaps someone’s UB commentary. However, the concept seems to harmonize nicely with the revelators and with Jesus. Yes?

Yes, definitely.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Allow all men to rise to their highest capability and willingness…… or something like that! I’ve searched and searched and now I’m almost ready to give up. The discussion was related to prejudice and it promoted freedom of opportunity for everyone. There is no divine provision to repress any person. Give every person a fair chance for advancement.

Reminds me of “God is no respecter of persons.” (1:4.6 ) (3:1.12 ) (12:7.8 ) (112:0.12) ( 133:0.3) (137:8.6 ) (139:10.9 ) (143:1.5) (148:6.2) ( 156:2.4) (166:4.11 ) (175:2.3) ( 181:2.14) (192:2.2)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Back to your question:

My comment several days ago (re God is no respecter of persons) was meant to show the highest ideal of God himself in relation to us.  I reached for the highest value as a model of brotherhood which Jesus’ human life demonstrated.  Brotherhood is based on Fatherhood.  Fatherhood comes first.  But his was (is) a spiritual mission.  He was not a social reformer.  I think I missed the point of your question.   I now think your question is about the individual, as an individual in society within a socio-economic-political arena.  Your key words are “prejudice”, “freedom”, “repress”, “fair chance”.   Are you asking about the individual?  Or are you asking about changing societal norms?

Human rights are not natural.  They are entirely social.  (70:9.0):

70:9.17   But this equality ideal is the child of civilization; it is not found in nature. Even culture itself demonstrates conclusively the inherent inequality of men by their very unequal capacity therefor. The sudden and nonevolutionary realization of supposed natural equality would quickly throw civilized man back to the crude usages of primitive ages. Society cannot offer equal rights to all, but it can promise to administer the varying rights of each with fairness and equity. It is the business and duty of society to provide the child of nature with a fair and peaceful opportunity to pursue self-maintenance, participate in self-perpetuation, while at the same time enjoying some measure of self-gratification, the sum of all three constituting human happiness.
    I bring up human rights, because it is supposedly a natural right which it is not.  Society cannot offer equal rights to all.  I think this is a very complicated situation, because civilization has become very complex.  Freedom of opportunity is not available to all. Full-stop.  Prejudice is rampant.   Brotherhood is not rampant.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Yes, Mara, I was trying to focus on social and civil relations in which individual lifestyles include love and respect for all persons, something opposing prejudice. Our Creator Father-Brother Michael loves all his children and I see his mission here as a major contribution to revealing idea relationships. He treated all persons, regardless of race, as his brother in the flesh and he would have us all do the same. Again, to allow all persons to rise to their highest level of capabilities, living his best with fullest opportunity and in according to his willingness.

Do wise parents allow such ideals to develop in their family? Do wise community citizens allow the best possible expression of life for each person? It seems Jesus always opened the way for anyone to grow and to realize his best, as presented in opportunities then available under law, culture and situations.

To allow the best from each person is to move toward allowing the best from each person. You know the book well; this “allow” concept is couched in progress for families, communities and nations.

I can’t recall where I read it. But, the concept permeates the Revelation! Yes or no???

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.