Where's that Quote?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Where's that Quote?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Greetings,

You know it’s in the Urantia Book, but where?!

Here’s a start: Where’s the quote about mankind eventually gaining control of the weather?

Thanks in advance, much love, Rick

Richard E Warren

Gene
    Participant
    Maybe if we give our modern shamen more money and power they would fix things for us.
    but hey- as of yesterday I think most of the fires here in California are either out or under control.
    got to find that shaman who made it happen-she’s likely in Hollywood.
    90:2.6 [Part III]
    Though of ancient origin, the rain makers, or weathershamans, have persisted right on down through the ages. A severe drought meant death to the early agriculturists; weather control was the object of much ancient magic. Civilized man still makes the weatherthe common topic of conversation. The olden peoples all believed in the power of the shaman as a rain maker, but it was customary to kill him when he failed, unless he could offer a plausible excuse to account for the failure.
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hmmm…’plausible excuse’…The woman did it!

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Aha! here it is:

Man’s increasing control…Man, the civilized, will someday achieve relative mastery of the physical forces of his planet. 118:10.14

Richard E Warren

Gene
    Participant

Thx.

It’s interesting the authors use the word “civilized” and technological  or political aproaches are not.  And the whole paragraph is italicized for emphasis.

But the revelation also lets us know that humans are not in control of this planet. The Most Highs rule!

Dont know how to resolve that one but a circumscribed view can be detrimental to our psychies. Think cosmic.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thx. It’s interesting the authors use the word “civilized” and technological or political aproaches are not. And the whole paragraph is italicized for emphasis. But the revelation also lets us know that humans are not in control of this planet. The Most Highs rule! Dont know how to resolve that one but a circumscribed view can be detrimental to our psychies. Think cosmic.

The quote suggests we will be entrusted with the physical aspect…Just not sure what “physical forces” the author is referring to. What else besides the weather? Gravity? Solar penetration? Magnetic field?

Man’s increasing controlMan, the civilized, will someday achieve relative mastery of the physical forces of his planet. 118:10.14

Also, the authors say the oceans control the climate in a measure. Humans seem to be able to affect their temperature.

With this increase in land elevation the first climatic differences of the planet appeared. Land elevation, cosmic clouds, and oceanic influences are the chief factors in climatic fluctuation…. 57:8.22 (662.9)
    Cosmic clouds. Reckon that’s the same as solar disturbances?

Richard E Warren

Gene
    Participant

We “seem” to be able to affect our ocean temperatures and we measure changes in ocean temperatures.

As so much of this has been politicized it is difficult to believe politicized scientists that do the measuring and sort out the truth that comes from the real science that in itself is partial and incomplete.

However, when I read statements like the quote below, I am assured that a very definite future is in store for us and that we should not panic at the ravings of self serving unscientific secular environmentalists and their deciples.

Not saying that we should not make every effort to be environmentally responsible and friendly.

(408.6) 37:3.3 The archangel corps of Nebadon is directed by the first-born of this order, and in more recent times a divisional headquarters of the archangels has been maintained on Urantia. It is this unusual fact that soon arrests the attention of extra-Nebadon student visitors. Among their early observations of intrauniverse transactions is the discovery that many ascendant activities of the Brilliant Evening Stars are directed from the capital of a local system, Satania. On further examination they discover that certain archangel activities are directed from a small and apparently insignificant inhabited world called Urantia. And then ensues the revelation of Michael’s bestowal on Urantia and their immediately quickened interest in you and your lowly sphere.

(409.1) 37:3.4 Do you grasp the significance of the fact that your lowly and confused planet has become a divisional headquarters for the universe administration and direction of certain archangel activities having to do with the Paradise ascension scheme? This undoubtedly presages the future concentration of other ascendant activities on the bestowal world of Michael and lends a tremendous and solemn import to the Master’s personal promise, “I will come again.”

It is difficult for me to grasp this significant fact the authors are trying to tell us about but I interpret it that there are definite plans for our future that us lowly creatures will not be allowed to interfere with imho. Just how our interference will be dealt with I have no idea but it won’t be magic.

Anybody ever read a book called “Infinite in all directions”

Its by a scientist name Freeman J. Dyson. One of those few scientists that make every effort to tie science and religion together. A read I highly recomend to students of TUB.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

We “seem” to be able to affect our ocean temperatures and we measure changes in ocean temperatures. As so much of this has been politicized it is difficult to believe politicized scientists that do the measuring and sort out the truth that comes from the real science that in itself is partial and incomplete. However, when I read statements like the quote below, I am assured that a very definite future is in store for us and that we should not panic at the ravings of self serving unscientific secular environmentalists and their deciples. Not saying that we should not make every effort to be environmentally responsible and friendly. (408.6) 37:3.3 The archangel corps of Nebadon is directed by the first-born of this order, and in more recent times a divisional headquarters of the archangels has been maintained on Urantia. It is this unusual fact that soon arrests the attention of extra-Nebadon student visitors. Among their early observations of intrauniverse transactions is the discovery that many ascendant activities of the Brilliant Evening Stars are directed from the capital of a local system, Satania. On further examination they discover that certain archangel activities are directed from a small and apparently insignificant inhabited world called Urantia. And then ensues the revelation of Michael’s bestowal on Urantia and their immediately quickened interest in you and your lowly sphere. (409.1) 37:3.4 Do you grasp the significance of the fact that your lowly and confused planet has become a divisional headquarters for the universe administration and direction of certain archangel activities having to do with the Paradise ascension scheme? This undoubtedly presages the future concentration of other ascendant activities on the bestowal world of Michael and lends a tremendous and solemn import to the Master’s personal promise, “I will come again.” It is difficult for me to grasp this significant fact the authors are trying to tell us about but I interpret it that there are definite plans for our future that us lowly creatures will not be allowed to interfere with imho. Just how our interference will be dealt with I have no idea but it won’t be magic. Anybody ever read a book called “Infinite in all directions” Its by a scientist name Freeman J. Dyson. One of those few scientists that make every effort to tie science and religion together. A read I highly recomend to students of TUB.

Like his title.

The other ear-perking quote is this counter-intuitive one, which implies (unless I am misreading) that when the icecaps melt, a new ice age is possible. We might speculate that will squeeze humanity into the equatorial belt and thereby unify the people of the Earth against a common and formidable enemy: Cold.

61:7.11 (702.1) And as long as the polar regions continue to be covered with ice, it is hardly possible for another glacial age to occur, regardless of future land elevations or modification of ocean currents.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Remember that quote saying we will face judgment of sorts, in the morontia life? Wish I could offer more. Thanks for anything you might recall on the topic.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Maybe the quote is about facing our past, honestly and without excuses…

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Remember that quote saying we will face judgment of sorts, in the morontia life? Wish I could offer more. Thanks for anything you might recall on the topic.

Might this be what you are looking for?

176:3.8  In the next world you will be asked to give an account of the endowments and stewardships of this world. Whether inherent talents are few or many, a just and merciful reckoning must be faced. If endowments are used only in selfish pursuits and no thought is bestowed upon the higher duty of obtaining increased yield of the fruits of the spirit, as they are manifested in the ever-expanding service of men and the worship of God, such selfish stewards must accept the consequences of their deliberate choosing.
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Might this be what you are looking for?

176:3.8 In the next world you will be asked to give an account of the endowments and stewardships of this world. Whether inherent talents are few or many, a just and merciful reckoning must be faced. If endowments are used only in selfish pursuits and no thought is bestowed upon the higher duty of obtaining increased yield of the fruits of the spirit, as they are manifested in the ever-expanding service of men and the worship of God, such selfish stewards must accept the consequences of their deliberate choosing.
    Thank you, Mara!! That’s the one, or at least one of them. I knew it was there, but never would have looked in the Jesus Papers.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Forum Friends,

Anyone recall a quote saying Finaliters, who were born as mortals somewhere in Nebadon, have returned to confirm to us newbies that Paradise attainment is possible? There is a Finaliter world in the System, in fact the 7 Mansion Worlds orbit it.

Richard E Warren

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

36:4.6,7. 46:5.32 #7

Maybe?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Rick asked: “Anyone recall a quote saying Finaliters, who were born as mortals somewhere in Nebadon, have returned to confirm to us newbies that Paradise attainment is possible? There is a Finaliter world in the System, in fact the 7 Mansion Worlds orbit it.”

This is what I found so far.

31:0.11    One or more companies of the mortal finaliters are constantly in service on Urantia. There is no domain of universe service to which they are not assigned; they function universally and with alternating and equal periods of assigned duty and free service.

55:4.1    In the successive stages of settled existence the inhabited worlds make marvelous progress under the wise and sympathetic administration of the volunteer Corps of the Finality, ascenders of Paradise attainment who have come back to minister to their brethren in the flesh. These finaliters are active in co-operation with the Trinity Teacher Sons, but they do not begin their real participation in world affairs until the morontia temple appears on earth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.