What is spiritual brotherhood?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions What is spiritual brotherhood?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Acceptance of the fact of sonship with God. A consciousness of sonship status, which can be experienced independently of membership of a specific ‘religious’ group.A Member of a family does not need to prove his or her existence within the family, he/she “is” family irrespective of conscious acceptance of this truth. Once accepted as true, personal experience with other believers in the Father, makes it real as a ‘living’ experience—deeper appreciation of things, meanings and values, ever striving to be God-like, identification with truth, beauty and goodness. Manifestation of fruits-of-the spirit as a self-aware member of the spiritual brotherhood.

Me here:  There is some definitive distinction between family members who take the second phase of the gospel presented by the Master to heart.  Many believe in God but do not then transcend into the family concept of all beings belonging to the family of God and creation.  This is a critical element to the universe reality of love and the elimination of hate and anger and blame that poisons the mind and actually prevents a God believer from “being” in the family into which we are all born when the TA arrives.  I mentioned “self-exclusion” above and it is a demonstrable error that prevents the mind from that peace that passes all understanding and the sublime poise of one who lives “in” the family of this friendly universe.

One who fears and hates has not yet become a member of the spiritual brotherhood as a true believer I do not think.  Violence and hate in the name of God is a real perversion and denies the absolute truth and reality of love.  Indeed, I would claim that those who live in love and service but without any declarations of belief in God, are far closer to truth and far less poisoned in mind in their spirit progress.

Love cannot be deceived nor be deceptive in its reality – the primal cause of the effects demonstrated by the fruits of the spirit.  Love brings forth its fruit regardless of one’s beliefs, knowledge, or proclamations.  Beliefs, knowledge, and proclamations without love bring forth nothing at all of value or with meaning.  Or so I think.

Jesus used the term “kingdom” in several ways, one of which is the kingdom of “believers” and none of which was “all people”.  An interesting distinction.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Vern wrote:  Acceptance of the fact of sonship with God . . . .
    I am touched by your eloquent post, Vern.
    Bradly wrote: There is some definitive distinction between family members who take the second phase of the gospel presented by the Master . . . .
    I wanted to comment about those “five phases, or epochs, of the kingdom” you posted earlier #15531.  The first phase is the personal – man and God; the second phase is the “enlarging brotherhood of gospel believers, the social aspects of the enhanced morals and quickened ethics. . . .” resulting from phase one, as you aptly pointed out, Bradly.  If we self-identify as cosmic citizens (phase three), we and the citizenry of the cosmos finds ourselves within the arena of ever more perfecting cosmic relationships, and perhaps the advanced courses of study of of this matter might be denominated cosmic sociology.   Phase two (170:4.3 (1863.1) specifies the brotherhood as those citizens who are gospel believers.  (They tell us phase four is the next age of man! Check it out.) So I agree with you on this . . .
    Bradly wrote:  Jesus used the term “kingdom” in several ways, one of which is the kingdom of “believers” and none of which was “all people”.
    From God’s view there are two groups of people.  From the universe view there are two great classes.
    “There are only two groups of mortals in the eyes of God: those who desire to do his will and those who do not. As the universe looks upon an inhabited world, it likewise discerns two great classes: those who know God and those who do not.” (133:0:3 )

This reference pertaining to the eyes of God and the eyes of the universe in both group and class, does not further qualify mortals of Urantia in the way Jesus does when he refers to the kingdom as the kingdom of “believers.”  Maybe I am not understanding this rightly.  I thought “believers” pertained to believing him, Jesus, following him Jesus.  But then again, he always said Thy will be done, “I have absolute confidence in my heavenly Father’s overcare; I am consecrated to doing the will of my Father in heaven.”  “I have come only to do the will of my heavenly Father. . . .”  ” Be ever obedient to the Father’s will.”  “I have come into this world to do the will of my Father and to reveal his loving character to all mankind.”

Postscript:  I found an amazing statement about the Lucifer rebellion – the aftereffects which made our world so mixed up.  Hear what Jesus said,  “And I have come to make a beginning of setting these things in order. But many ages will be required to restore this part of the universe to former paths and thus release the children of men from the extra burdens of sin and rebellion. The presence of evil alone is sufficient test for the ascension of man–sin is not essential to survival.”  ( 148:5:2 )

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  What is the model or pattern found in the Master’s ministry? What might be learned in consideration of 12 apostles – only – and 12 others that were John’s – and a separate corps of disciples – and another of messengers – and those of other groups by other affiliations and definitions?
    First, leadership must be provided. The way Jesus organized the Twelve is very fascinating to me. Re civilization:  ” And the quantity of such wise leadership has never exceeded one per cent of the population.” ( 81:6:42 )  Re: the universe of universes:
     (181:2:16 )  “In my universe and in my Father’s universe of universes, our brethren-sons are dealt with as individuals in all their spiritual relations, but in all group relationships we unfailingly provide for definite leadership. Our kingdom is a realm of order, and where two or more will creatures act in co-operation, there is always provided the authority of leadership.”
    It seems the social architects have much to do with three or more in a working group.
    39:3:6 )  Two beings are regarded as operating on the mating, complemental, or partnership basis, but when three or more are grouped for service, they constitute a social problem and therefore fall within the jurisdiction of the social architects.
    39:3:5 )  Social architects do everything within their province and power to bring together suitable individuals that they may constitute efficient and agreeable working groups on earth. . . .
    I doubt it was by mere coincidence the Twelve were selected.
    The Twelve and John’s disciples were left to their own unique and purposeful social problem when John was imprisoned and afterwards.  They certainly had their organizational issues to deal with.
    The women’s corps and anyone else both before and after the Master’s life on earth must sort out these organizational and social problems.
    Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Mara wrote: …two great classes: those who know God and those who do not
    Yes, I guess that’s what it boils down to.
    Regarding the spiritual brotherhood which is something worth belonging to, unity matters, uniformity does not.

The true church—the Jesus brotherhood—is invisible, spiritual, and is characterized by unity, not necessarily by uniformity. Uniformity is the earmark of the physical world of mechanistic nature. Spiritual unity is the fruit of faith union with the living Jesus. The visible church should refuse longer to handicap the progress of the invisible and spiritual brotherhood of the kingdom of God. And this brotherhood is destined to become a living organism in contrast to an institutionalized social organization. It may well utilize such social organizations, but it must not be supplanted by them. [Paper 195:10.11, page 2085.3] 

A faithful agondonter is something to be.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I have no idea if anyone else is benefiting from this topic, but I can tell you I certainly am and new understandings have opened up for me, because in my search for understanding, I am like a bloodhound on a scent to get to the bottom, or if you will, the top of it.  And my search has taken me far and wide into both the book and into my own deep thoughts.  Here is a recent discovery I made.  It might be old hat to you, but I’m going to take you on my discovery-trail.

170:5:11  The kingdom, to the Jews, was the Israelite community; to the gentiles it became the Christian church. To Jesus the kingdom was the sum of those individuals who had confessed their faith in the fatherhood of God, thereby declaring their wholehearted dedication to the doing of the will of God, thus becoming members of the spiritual brotherhood of man.

Spiritual brotherhood is the God brotherhood, the faith in God brotherhood, the doing the will of God brotherhood.  Spiritual brotherhood is when we-see-the-Creator-Son-we-see-the-Universal-Father brotherhood!  Wow!

1:5:5   In the local creations (excepting the personnel of the superuniverses) God has no personal or residential manifestation aside from the Paradise Creator Sons who are the fathers of the inhabited worlds and the sovereigns of the local universes. If the faith of the creature were perfect, he would assuredly know that when he had seen a Creator Son he had seen the Universal Father; in seeking for the Father, he would not ask nor expect to see other than the Son. Mortal man simply cannot see God until he achieves completed spirit transformation and actually attains Paradise.

I must be kinda dense, ’cause this is just now sinking into me by way of an ah ha moment.  :-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I am indeed benefiting by and enjoying the topic too Mara…..one that perplexes me still and for a long time.  While I am not to judge others nor discriminate in my service and love expressions to any of God’s children, yet I am to be wise and not indulge in false sympathy and seek out cooperative and productive team efforts/results that are expressions of my service loyalties.   Well….who’s on first??????   We are told to be wise as the serpent and innocent as the dove…..so we ARE to be discerning in our caring and sharing and notice the wolves in sheep’s clothing and the wolves who don’t bother with sheep’s clothing both.  We are to protect ourselves from the unrighteousness of others without becoming unrighteous or self righteous.

This is all very confusing, even confounding to me.

I know the Master did not come to live a life of example for the normal person – I mean a routine.  He did live and make a living and raise a family like we do but he had a mission and ministry of universe upliftment – more than an exemplary mortal life after all.  So we must be careful when trying to emulate his way; but, I have always been delighted somehow and intrigued by his willingness to “filter” and distill larger groups into smaller ones and then refine them by turmoil, conflict, struggle, and challenge into even smaller groups of tested, tried, and true individuals and groups of individuals for the work at hand.  Jesus was no populist.  Neither did he care for adulation or adoration except that shared with him for Father.

There’s a quote that goes something like:  Why do you call me good?  Which means to me…..I am but my Father’s Son.  I am only who all may be…..child of God.

Glorious.  As brother Vern says:  “A faithful agondonter is something to be.”   Indeed Vern, indeed.  May all find sufficient faith for that adventure which awaits all who will BE faith sons and daughters in the heavenly family.

:-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

196:2.7 (2093.1) You would be neither shocked nor disturbed by some of Jesus’ strong pronouncements if you would only remember that he was the world’s most wholehearted and devoted religionist. He was a wholly consecrated mortal, unreservedly dedicated to doing his Father’s will. Many of his apparently hard sayings were more of a personal confession of faith and a pledge of devotion than commands to his followers. And it was this very singleness of purpose and unselfish devotion that enabled him to effect such extraordinary progress in the conquest of the human mind in one short life. Many of his declarations should be considered as a confession of what he demanded of himself rather than what he required of all his followers. In his devotion to the cause of the kingdom, Jesus burned all bridges behind him; he sacrificed all hindrances to the doing of his Father’s will.

196:2.8 (2093.2) Jesus blessed the poor because they were usually sincere and pious; he condemned the rich because they were usually wanton and irreligious. He would equally condemn the irreligious pauper and commend the consecrated and worshipful man of wealth.

196:2.9 (2093.3) Jesus led men to feel at home in the world; he delivered them from the slavery of taboo and taught them that the world was not fundamentally evil. He did not long to escape from his earthly life; he mastered a technique of acceptably doing the Father’s will while in the flesh. He attained an idealistic religious life in the very midst of a realistic world. Jesus did not share Paul’s pessimistic view of humankind. The Master looked upon men as the sons of God and foresaw a magnificent and eternal future for those who chose survival. He was not a moral skeptic; he viewed man positively, not negatively. He saw most men as weak rather than wicked, more distraught than depraved. But no matter what their status, they were all God’s children and his brethren.

196:2.10 (2093.4) He taught men to place a high value upon themselves in time and in eternity. Because of this high estimate which Jesus placed upon men, he was willing to spend himself in the unremitting service of humankind. And it was this infinite worth of the finite that made the golden rule a vital factor in his religion. What mortal can fail to be uplifted by the extraordinary faith Jesus has in him?

196:2.11 (2093.5) Jesus offered no rules for social advancement; his was a religious mission, and religion is an exclusively individual experience. The ultimate goal of society’s most advanced achievement can never hope to transcend Jesus’ brotherhood of men based on the recognition of the fatherhood of God. The ideal of all social attainment can be realized only in the coming of this divine kingdom.

Vern
    Vern
    Participant
    Mara wrote: Spiritual brotherhood is when we-see-the-Creator-Son-we-see-the-Universal-Father brotherhood!  Wow!
    Hi Mara, I’m glad you, me, Bradly,……… we, are getting benefit from looking deeper at what constitutes spiritual brotherhood. It’s all predicated on how open each of us is to accepting as true the faith-fact of sonship with God. The Spirit of Truth is vital to this great profundity. What a sincere truth seeker discovers by living truth personally experienced and substantiated by obedience to spirit leading

Though the Spirit of Truth is poured out upon all flesh, this spirit of the Son is almost wholly limited in function and power by man’s personal reception of that which constitutes the sum and substance of the mission of the bestowal Son. The Holy Spirit is partly independent of human attitude and partially conditioned by the decisions and co-operation of the will of man. Nevertheless, the ministry of the Holy Spirit becomes increasingly effective in the sanctification and spiritualization of the inner life of those mortals who the more fully obey the divine leadings. [Paper34:5.5, page 379:5] 

It is really combined spirit ministry that leads each one of us Godward. That task is made all the more effective when the fact of sonship is fully embraced.

As individuals you do not personally possess a segregated portion or entity of the spirit of the Creator Father-Son or the Creative Mother Spirit; these ministries do not contact with, nor indwell, the thinking centers of the individual’s mind as do the Mystery Monitors. Thought Adjusters are definite individualizations of the prepersonal reality of the Universal Father, actually indwelling the mortal mind as a very part of that mind, and they ever work in perfect harmony with the combined spirits of the Creator Son and Creative Spirit. [Paper 34:5.6, page 379:6] 

It is our endowment of spiritual symmetry in the combined ministry of Father, Son and Spirit as consciously made real results in realization of the faith-fact of sonship with God. Unshakable confidence of cosmic citizenship, rightful place within the universe family, the everlasting spiritual brotherhood.

The presence of the Holy Spirit of the Universe Daughter of the Infinite Spirit, of the Spirit of Truth of the Universe Son of the Eternal Son, and of the Adjuster-spirit of the Paradise Father in or with an evolutionary mortal, denotes symmetry of spiritual endowment and ministry and qualifies such a mortal consciously to realize the faith-fact of sonship with God. [Paper 34:5.7, page 380.1]

In the whole Urantia book there are only two instances of the specific words combined; “fact of sonship.” There are however, hundreds of references attesting to this fact of sonship throughout The Urantia Book, for it is the one crucial teaching we are actually instructed to pass on to our fellows, share with all we meet. Quench the spiritual thirst yearning for refreshment, the saving message of Sonship with God and consequent brotherhood of mankind………the Gospel of Jesus.

One of the erroneous concepts adopted by Christianity is the fatalistic notion of Jesus going through his life as if enacting a pre-scripted ritual over which he had no real control, a slave to prophecy, rather than him freely, motivated by love towards those who plotted against him, who knew not what they were doing, and choosing to lay down his life for them. It was not a requirement of his bestowal experience for him to have come to such a violent end, suffer such a painful and lingering death.

Sin and rebellion have nothing to do with the fundamental bestowal plan of the Paradise Sons of God, albeit it does appear to us that the salvage plan is a provisional feature of the bestowal plan. [Paper186:5.8, page 2003:2]

Christianity would do well to appreciate the consecration of faith and the power that comes from the covenant Jesus made with his Father; “it is my will, that your will be done,” was his unwavering consecration of choice. We still would love Jesus as revealed to us through the example of his faith motivated perfect life and saving message of his teachings had he not been put to death by cruel hands of ignorant mortals

The salvation of God for the mortals of Urantia would have been just as effective and unerringly certain if Jesus had not been put to death by the cruel hands of ignorant mortals. If the Master had been favorably received by the mortals of earth and had departed from Urantia by the voluntary relinquishment of his life in the flesh, the fact of the love of God and the mercy of the Son — the fact of sonship with God — would have in no wise been affected. You mortals are the sons of God, and only one thing is required to make such a truth factual in your personal experience, and that is your spirit-born faith. [Paper 186:5.9, page 2003:3]

Interesting to note how the word “fact” is utilised in that paragraph, based as it is, on the creature-creator relationship, father-child:

1. fact of the love of God
    2. fact of sonship with God

Acceptance of these facts as true, constitutes spiritual brotherhood and fruits-of-the-spirit are the natural manifestation of outgoing love.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:   “And it was this very singleness of purpose and unselfish devotion that enabled him to effect such extraordinary progress in the conquest of the human mind in one short life. Many of his declarations should be considered as a confession of what he demanded of himself rather than what he required of all his followers.”  (196:2.7 (2093.1)
    I am very much on this same train of thought, Bradly,  in the conquest of the human mind.  Jesus demanded this of himself.  He is the Son of Man endowed with the mind of man.  He is experienced in the tribulations inherent in the human mind endowment.  He knows all about what is required in conquering of the human mind.  We mustn’t forget this fact and take the man out of Jesus.  What he requires of his followers is to aim for the achievement of the conquest of the human mind. To us it is an ideal and I think we must keep a watch because the mind can be a mischievous thing.  In my opinion it is both dealing with our human mind, and at the same time taming this mind to follow the ever beckoning leading of God’s will.  I would say Jesus was shocked when the water was turned to wine in Cana, as a result of his human and tender feelings toward his mother.  One must keep a watch on one’s mind, as it can go into all manner of mischief.
    Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Yes, Mara!

You have such a good summation here about why it’s important to tame one’s mind.  I need all the help available for this adventure!  I’ve always wondered about how to achieve conquest of mind.  It is amazing to realize Jesus attained this level of union with the Father in just 29 years.  Its easy to ask of him:  How did you do that?

Mark

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

It has been a life long struggle for me to learn both the importance (value) of taming the mind and the methods which assist in that effort.  This business of transferring the seat of identity is no easy task (or not for me).  I’ve written before about improving our response-ability and have found, for me, that is where to start.

We seem to have an immediate reaction or response mechanism that is innate and is self centered – what’s in it for me, what’s the danger or potential loss/cost to me.  Often these are emotionally based or charged and other times they are calculated prior to choice and act.  I began to closely examine each and every reaction I had to reduce fear and anger and retort and angles of advantage in many, many situations.  I began to ask “why?” is this my response?  What is the effect on me and mind and choice and outcome to act from fear or hope of advantage or anger?

It is more difficult, or was to me, to understand how doing the right thing for the right reason actually benefits me in life.  But as I did so I could see things in new ways that stabilized my life and reduced confusion and chaos.  But still I clung to a need to manage outcomes and control things which cannot be controlled.  Now, life is easier in many ways which were difficult with the challenges being deeper and more interesting, if not less confounding; and my results seem to flow from living in a jet stream or current of life that supports me in important ways.  Hard to describe.  Hardly complete, even barely begun.

But there is great wisdom in the teaching to be righteous for righteous sake.  There is reward for choosing to do the right thing for the right reason.  The cost is nothing and yet everything, especially relationships, improve at every level of being.  This tadpole thing isn’t bad at all….eventually.

:good:

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

All this sounds like Jesus and his self mastery!  Good!  We need the discussion among individuals, associations, communities, regions and nations.  Self mastery reaching divine levels is the secret to real peace and security.  Do not we feel safe among those we do not fear?  Those who will not harm us are those from whom we are granted security and freedom.   Mind control is worthy and to find the Jesus ways is to find balance.  Recall the authors tell us most mortals are not happy.  Jesus became happy with himself as he became more attuned to the Father, who is the ultimate and eternal model of the highest ideals.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hello Mark – yes I agree, there are specific methods and strategies presented to us regarding self mastery, wisdom, and spirit progression.  Actually, self  mastery is something many people accomplish without any specific religiosity or spirit related intention.  All professionals must learn to master self for the proper professional “response” in any given situation – whether doctor, nurse, fireman, search and rescue, soldier, or whatever…..the mind must manage its response regardless of the circumstances, situation, crisis, chaos, or even horror in which it finds itself.  This is learned.  It is technique.  It improves with experience.  It can be self taught to the mind that pays attention and discerns and considers the causes of the effects observed….and results experienced.

It is the higher brain learning to control the lower.  It results in the opportunity to then learn prioritization, risk assessment, strategy development, and tactical decision making.  The mind may reach this operational efficiency and productivity even prior to spiritization and love response – this is HUMAN potential and is available to each prior to transferring the seat of identity to spirit and universe reality alignment.

Spirit response becomes a super-charging effect to such a mind.  It adds proper motive, intent, and priority to free will choice with a mind that is response-ABLE.  Skill applied with proper motive and priority results in a life that is far different than unhappy folk even believe is possible.

Mark – it interesting that you say so many are not happy, yet almost all children are born happy, sharing, caring, gregarious, etc.  They are, so unfortunately, often taught to revert to animal mind when they are so prepared to be spirit minded as infants and toddlers.  No racism, sexism, hate, etc.  They only need to be taught how to think and learn.  It is sad that we move away from such a sweet place and must struggle to return to this child like faith and hope we are born with so much later.  We must all come to have faith in our Father and our Family that we are also born into to return to this happy state…..but it is not so obvious, eh?   There are obstacles….the ego of self serving and adoration and protection, pleasures, amusements, distractions, difficulties, tragedies, deprivations, even horrific sufferings so many must endure in some form and combination.

But the mind that can exercise WILL and discernment and judgment to experience, can indeed become the master of SELF….or at least they can once they understand the seat of self is soul and no longer mind.  This is the progression I think, higher mind controls lower mind, but then higher mind must relinquish itself to soul and Father’s love of all by seeing all others as precious family for our tender care.  I only speak of an opinion and philosophy….certainly not a process or result over which I have any authority or mastery.

I wonder what the Revelation might offer us ……..I recall The Wisdom of Rodan and the earliest Buddists and the Tao giving us great specifics and clues both.  We are born into duality.  We must master both the material world and the spirit alignment of our true nature.  I could use more time for such a challenge……Blessings and thanks for your thoughts.

;-)

Vern
    Vern
    Participant

Forgiveness is an act of love. The Father already loves the child, with a pure affection radiant with the healing balm of rehabilitation.

…The Father in heaven has forgiven you even before you have thought to ask him, but such forgiveness is not available in your personal religious experience until such a time as you forgive your fellow men.… [Paper 146:2.4, page 1638.4]

Yes, there is still quite a bit of confusion to clear up. Thank God we have the Spirit of Truth constantly saying, this is the way.
    The forgiveness of love is the most powerful force to be set in motion to make things right.
    The cross forever shows that the attitude of Jesus toward sinners was neither condemnation nor condonation, but rather eternal and loving salvation. Jesus is truly a savior in the sense that his life and death do win men over to goodness and righteous survival. Jesus loves men so much that his love awakens the response of love in the human heart. Love is truly contagious and eternally creative. Jesus’ death on the cross exemplifies a love which is sufficiently strong and divine to forgive sin and swallow up all evil-doing. Jesus disclosed to this world a higher quality of righteousness than justice — mere technical right and wrong. Divine love does not merely forgive wrongs; it absorbs and actually destroys them. The forgiveness of love utterly transcends the forgiveness of mercy. Mercy sets the guilt of evil-doing to one side; but love destroys forever the sin and all weakness resulting therefrom. Jesus brought a new method of living to Urantia. He taught us not to resist evil but to find through him a goodness which effectually destroys evil. The forgiveness of Jesus is not condonation; it is salvation from condemnation. Salvation does not slight wrongs; it makes them right. True love does not compromise nor condone hate; it destroys it. The love of Jesus is never satisfied with mere forgiveness. The Master’s love implies rehabilitation, eternal survival. It is altogether proper to speak of salvation as redemption if you mean this eternal rehabilitation. [Paper 188:5.2, page 2018:1]
    The Spirit of Truth makes Jesus real in our lives and lights our soul with capacity to love as he loves, with the redeeming love of forgiveness.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

[. . .] yet almost all children are born happy, sharing, caring, gregarious, etc. They are, so unfortunately, often taught to revert to animal mind when they are so prepared to be spirit minded as infants and toddlers. No racism, sexism, hate, etc. They only need to be taught how to think and learn.

The use of the word child, or in this case “children” may be somewhat misleading in its context, where we are all children, but when placed in reference to a young child, they are primarily experiencing the animal mind where their senses and emotions are being experienced anew, within their given environment, and inherited status.  It might seem that these children must “be taught how to think and learn” however, the challenge from those who propose to teach have often not found themselves beyond their own ability to understand another individuals thoughts, whereby to assist as to teaching.  Children generally learn through observation and interaction where their thought process is being developed to fit that which they have or are observing at any one moment, where these sensory responses affect what they are thinking based on that experience, very similar to the learning of a language which may be different or strange which may not be much different from a person who had some disability, like being color blind and someone else telling them that this is the color red, green or blue, etc.  They will retain these experiences, sometimes with difficulty when, from that example, there is no or little difference in their minds between two or more associated colors, which they may perceive as one color or merely varied shades or hues.

For those who would teach these children, by presenting new information, which is not understood or associated in these young minds, must also use a method of observation, where responsive action from presented information will be unique to each child, and if these teachers assume that these responses fit to specific patterns which they, themselves have either been trained to know or have experienced for themselves under similar circumstances, may present reflective action which may be counter productive to any individual child or other children who are observing but not necessarily part of that interaction.  Therefore, children and adults, must be allowed to interact and any observations must be associated with questions or passive interrogation as to the action response by the observed, in order to ascertain their current thinking which they have associated as either good or bad and responded from reflex and not knowledge of an interaction with another.  In order to teach a child, the teacher must be able to place them self into their own child mind, whereby the teacher learns how to teach those minds which are developing as unique individuals.  One primary objective is to set simple rules or principles which are presented and enforced uniformly by those who must, through actions, which are being observed, as being non discriminating and orderly to all.  Straying from these rules will only create confusion in those who process information in their minds differently, because we are all different we also think and learn differently, which will affect us as we grow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 235 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.