What is life?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions What is life?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    emanny3003
    Blocked

Then why do you not bear witness to your Thought Adjuster and personally participate in the divine manifestations of his infinite reality?

Quoting TUB is very impersonal because it is not a person.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Then why do you not bear witness to your Thought Adjuster and personally participate in the divine manifestations of his infinite reality?

Quoting TUB is very impersonal because it is not a person.

Manny, as I read elsewhere and also interpreted on my own, it would seem that not everyone has a “Thought Adjuster”?  Whereby, the UB indicates that there are many beings who reside on Urantia, who may hold a different status, or purpose for their being resident here.  But, it is assumed, by those who read the Urantia Book that everyone is in the same boat, which seems to be overlooked when reading this information in the UB.

Is this not one of the purposes of the presentation of the UB, for the dissemination of the individual, to identify their personality with self.  Who, they might potentially be?  And, in some cases, to ascertain their reason for being?

To “bear witness” to something which is difficult to understand, without assimilation and association with others, is most difficult without some guideline, which seems to be the Urantia Book.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Manny, as I read elsewhere and also interpreted on my own, it would seem that not everyone has a “Thought Adjuster”?  Whereby, the UB indicates that there are many beings who reside on Urantia, who may hold a different status, or purpose for their being resident here.  But, it is assumed, by those who read the Urantia Book that everyone is in the same boat, which seems to be overlooked when reading this information in the UB.

Every normal human mind on Urantia has a TA, according to the text. I do not know if other non humans on the planet are reading TUB.

Is this not one of the purposes of the presentation of the UB, for the dissemination of the individual, to identify their personality with self.  Who, they might potentially be?  And, in some cases, to ascertain their reason for being?

Not at all. God wills that I be. Therefore, I am as well. This is beyond reason, it is God’s will that I have my being in Him. The Urantia book has no such purpose. TUB is a text and purely informational.

To “bear witness” to something which is difficult to understand, without assimilation and association with others, is most difficult without some guideline, which seems to be the Urantia Book.

No such “guideline” is possible with a text. Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way and the life”. There is no other truth, no other way and no other life. If there is difficulty along the way it is because we have failed to follow the Master. Can TUB say to you, “follow me”?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No such “guideline” is possible with a text. Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way and the life”. There is no other truth, no other way and no other life. If there is difficulty along the way it is because we have failed to follow the Master. Can TUB say to you, “follow me”?

I see, So, where is it that you acquired the knowledge to make a statement as “I am the truth, the way and the life”, if as you claim, that Jesus did not write anything down, for the record.  Can you prove to me that it was Jesus that said this?  Unless you were there, could you not make these statements without perjuring yourself?  Also, would not the statement “follow me” have been written also, “get behind me . . .”, where to follow, would it not also indicate to “get behind” someone?  Where one can not follow unless they are being lead out of darkness.

Word’s have a way of being misinterpreted by many people who read them not correctly.

emanny3003
    Blocked

I see, So, where is it that you acquired the knowledge to make a statement as “I am the truth, the way and the life”, if as you claim, that Jesus did not write anything down, for the record.

The gospel record and TUB is where I got this knowledge. I recognized the truth of this statement attributed to Jesus because I receive the consciousness of Christ Michael by way of The Spirit of Truth.

Can you prove to me that it was Jesus that said this?

I cannot prove anything to you or anyone else, nor do I have to.

Unless you were there, could you not make these statements without perjuring yourself?

I bear witness to The Spirit of Truth who provides me with this awareness. How can you know that I don’t know?

Also, would not the statement “follow me” have been written also, “get behind me . . .”, where to follow, would it not also indicate to “get behind” someone?  Where one can not follow unless they are being lead out of darkness.

“Get thee behind me” can be interpreted as “get out of my way”. “Follow me” has no other interpretation.

Word’s have a way of being misinterpreted by many people who read them not correctly.

Words are symbols of symbols. They are far removed from reality. There is nothing correct or incorrect about them. Unrealities are nothing.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Another way to look at this question, “what is life,” is to ask, “what is the meaning of life?”  Life itself is a gift granted by the Infinite Spirit.  Life has a purpose.  Life comes from Paradise and returns to Paradise.  But why go through all of that?  There must be a meaning behind it that makes all the work of living have meaning and value.

Life outside of Paradise clearly has something to do with experience.  Life within Paradise is existential.  Why the need for both kinds of life?  Somewhere in the mix of all of this we come to the issue of cause and effect; potential and actual.  Life has potential meaning and its meaning has something to do with adaptability, the experience of growth which is actual.

130:4.7 Life is an adaptation of the original cosmic causation to the demands and possibilities of universe situations, and it comes into being by the action of the Universal Mind and the activation of the spirit spark of the God who is spirit. The meaning of life is its adaptability; the value of life is its progressability — even to the heights of God-consciousness.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Why the need for both kinds of life?

There is only ONE life. For there is only ONE God. There is no life apart from God, which is ONE. Are you attempting to confuse or are you confused?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    For our mutual edification- – –
    1:6:6   The more completely man understands himself and appreciates the personality values of his fellows, the more he will crave to know the Original Personality, and the more earnestly such a God-knowing human will strive to become like the Original Personality. You can argue over opinions about God, but experience with him and in him exists above and beyond all human controversy and mere intellectual logic. The God-knowing man describes his spiritual experiences, not to convince unbelievers, but for the edification and mutual satisfaction of believers.
    nelsong
    Participant

One things for certain; there are no midlife creatures.

emanny3003
    Blocked

1:6:6   The more completely man understands himself and appreciates the personality values of his fellows, the more he will crave to know the Original Personality, and the more earnestly such a God-knowing human will strive to become like the Original Personality. You can argue over opinions about God, but experience with him and in him exists above and beyond all human controversy and mere intellectual logic. The God-knowing man describes his spiritual experiences, not to convince unbelievers, but for the edification and mutual satisfaction of believers.

Thank you Mara.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Experiential life is always evolving and growing.  Existential life simply is.  Existential life does not require evolution and change, but experiential life depends upon it. In fact, experiential life is also dependent upon existential life.  The two are correlated. (0:11.12) What will life be like when everyone and everything reaches light and life, the emergence of the Supreme?  Certainly life will be different when existential life is fully coordinated with experiential life.

17:2.6We stand in awe of the possibility of what the future ages, wherein the Supreme and the Ultimate may attain new levels of divinity and ascend to new domains of personality function, may witness in the realms of the deitization of still other unexpected and undreamed of beings who will possess unimagined powers of enhanced universe co-ordination. There would seem to be no limit to the Deity Absolute’s potential of response to such unification of relationships between experiential Deity and the existential Paradise Trinity.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Experiential life is always evolving and growing.  Existential life simply is.  Existential life does not require evolution and change, but experiential life depends upon it. In fact, experiential life is also dependent upon existential life.

Wrong… Existential life is creational. It must create. Creation is an active process. Existential life requires the evolution and change of its creation. They are codependent.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

You can read about total infinite reality – existential – here.  0:3:1  :-)

emanny3003
    Blocked

You can read about total infinite reality – existential – here. 0:3:1 :-)

You can KNOW about total infinite reality in your heart. You have Spirit teachers.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    102:1:5   God is so all real and absolute that no material sign of proof or no demonstration of so-called miracle may be offered in testimony of his reality. Always will we know him because we trust him, and our belief in him is wholly based on our personal participation in the divine manifestations of his infinite reality.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.