UFO’s really?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions UFO’s really?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

I hear in the news the government spends money investigating UFO’s.
    So many people wonder if we have been or ever will be visited by extraterrestrials. Me included. Also it’s intriguing to imagine a Star Trek scenario where we visit other worlds.
    Well I think I found a quote that may indirectly say no, it can’t happen. Tell me what you think.

It starts with the concept of absolute mind downstepping from the third person of diety on down to us, and even our animal cousins.

9:4.3
    Conjoint Creator is absolute only in the domain of mind, in the realms of universal intelligence. The mind of the Third Source and Center is infinite; it utterly transcends the active and functioning mind circuits of the universe of uni- verses. The mind endowment of the seven superuniverses is derived from the Seven Master Spirits, the primary personalities of the Conjoint Creator. These Master Spirits distribute mind to the grand universe as the cosmic mind, and your local universe is pervaded by the Nebadon variant of the Orvonton type of cosmic mind.
    9:4.4 Infinite mind ignores time, ultimate mind transcends time, cosmic mind is conditioned by time. And so with space: The Infinite Mind is independent of space, but as descent is made from the infinite to the adjutant levels of mind, intellect must increasingly reckon with the fact and limitations of space.

So we are endowed with the Nebadon variant of the Orvonton type of cosmic mind, also consider we are a decimal planet – now that must be a unique mind variant as well eh?
    Then consider that this mind must recon with the facts and limitations of space.

I can easily interpret this to mean that if we travel in starship to a system beyond ours or ET tries to visit us from out there that mind ministries could not make contact with us, or them. we could be intellectually shut down.
    They could be intellectually shut down too as in either case, we both would be outside of the range of our unique variant of mind ministry.
    Just using some imagination.
    Any thoughts?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

So we are endowed with the Nebadon variant of the Orvonton type of cosmic mind, . . .

Do you really think ET’s outside of Nebadon could possibly visit this planet?  Nebadon is a pretty huge place, I think.  Chances are if anyone was going to come here, they’d be from within Nebadon. I don’t think the mind thing would be a hindrance, but the quarantine thing definitely would be, donchya think?

Gene
    Participant

Good question. I’m not certain of the full extent of quatantine.
    What interplanetary explorer would pay attention to quarantine anyway? Who would know about quarantine unless your familiar with the rebellion?
    space bodies are separated by enormous distances for a reason I suppose and maybe if you venture out too far the mind just shuts down and quarantine is self imposed

Fun to think about

Cole
    Cole
    Participant

Gene notes:

The Infinite Mind is independent of space, but as descent is made from the infinite to the adjutant levels of mind, intellect must increasingly reckon with the fact and limitations of space.

I don’t read that to say interplanetary travel is not possible for us….just that it increasingly becomes a limiting factor in some way(s).

RE: Your mention of Star Trek….Gene Roddenberry supposed got some of his ideas for the show from the UB.

And…there was some very interesting film taken by a Navy pilot off San Diego a few years ago…just recently released.

I would be curious to know if any on this blog have ever seen a UFO…within a distance to know with a high probability that it was not from this planet.

Gene
    Participant

I would be curious to know if any on this blog have ever seen a UFO…within a distance to know with a high probability that it was not from this planet.

Not me, but I’m always looking

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Who would know about quarantine unless your familiar with the rebellion?

I don’t think the “powers that be” would allow contact.  They have their ways.  For all we know, we may be entirely invisible.  It’s possible no one even knows we’re here other than the celestials. So no, I can’t make myself believe in aliens.  I do think there may be unidentified objects in the air, but I don’t think they’re piloted by sentient beings from another planet.  But to be honest, I would love to meet such a person.

Gene
    Participant

Who would know about quarantine unless your familiar with the rebellion?

I don’t think the “powers that be” would allow contact. They have their ways. For all we know, we may be entirely invisible. It’s possible no one even knows we’re here other than the celestials. So no, I can’t make myself believe in aliens. I do think there may be unidentified objects in the air, but I don’t think they’re piloted by sentient beings from another planet. But to be honest, I would love to meet such a person.

I don’t believe in aliens either.
    But the being invisible idea is interesting.
    I can easily imagine it as a mind phenomenon.
    As mind descendes from on high down to the Nebadon variant, it’s possible to take an additional down step to our very unique decimal planet Urantia. Get to far away from Urantia and we just cannot connect with or be recognized by other mind ministries and effectively get shut off intellectually, become unrecognizeable, invisible, unable to function intellectually. This is a sort of quarantine, no? It would work both ways, us going out and exploring and alien explorers headed this way.🧠
    The good news is that the people who walked on the moon were ok.

Keryn
    Participant

I don’t believe our planet can be visited by beings from other planets, due to reasons Bonita has pointed out already.  I also really dislike the term ‘aliens’ when used for living sentient beings from *any* location.

That said I’d like to remind us that the acronym “UFO” stands for unidentified flying objects. It is a fallacy that is frequently promulgated in our culture that “UFO=extraterrestrial life/ little green men”.  If there is an object flying in the sky that we cannot identify, I definitely want our government to be aware of it and to study it.  It could be a hostile vehicle from an aggressive nation.  It could be a comet.  Who knows?  That’s why it’s unidentified!  Wouldn’t we want the government to look into anything that is unidentified?  Unless willful ignorance is desirable, which, in my opinion, it is not.

Yes, I have seen UFOs – but that’s only because I not well versed in the names of various aircraft and therefore cannot name them or identify them.   ;-)

Mark606
    Participant

As you folks have mentioned, it’s unlikely that we can contact any planet while under quarantine. But once that’s lifted – who knows?

There are three planets in our solar system that are habitable (15.6.15). The nonbreathers are said to be in close proximity to us (49.3.6)  but, as others have mentioned, what is close to a Melchizedek may not be close to us. And there is some implication that all inhabited planets have a magnetic field (34.4.13), which doesn’t necessarily imply all planets with a magnetic field are inhabited.

Ganymede, is the largest moon of Jupiter, and is the only moon known to have a magnetic field. Some readers are convinced this is the home of the nonbreathers. But I hold no view either way.

Gene
    Participant

As my imagination got a hold of me on this topic I was in fact serious about mind ministry and how it could function under conditions that only could be imagined.
    As we are told , mind is conditioned by space and time. Our Urantia mind is likely specific for Urantia and it is likely that other mind ministries could be completely incompatible with ours to the point where if we should find ourselves in a different mind location it could be a mental challenge to make connection.
    I’m only trying to extrapolate a wild guess about how mind functions based on what is revealed.
    Alien little green men are fun ideas to play with however.
    Speaking of green men, anyone read the book “the green man and his return”?
    A fun read
    I think it’s abailable on square circles.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

As we are told , mind is conditioned by space and time. Our Urantia mind is likely specific for Urantia and it is likely that other mind ministries could be completely incompatible with ours to the point where if we should find ourselves in a different mind location it could be a mental challenge to make connection.

I don’t know if I can agree with this. All the adjutants come from the same place in Salvington and are therefore, I presume, identical in function, offering the same ministry for the entire universe of Nebadon.  It is true that the adjutants who encircuited this planet are relatively isolated from other adjutant circuits, but I don’t think that’s because they are different, it’s because we are different, being a decimal planet.

(738.6) 65:7.3 The seven adjutant spirits are more circuitlike than entitylike, and on ordinary worlds they are encircuited with other adjutant functionings throughout the local universe. On life-experiment planets, however, they are relatively isolated. And on Urantia, owing to the unique nature of the life patterns, the lower adjutants experienced far more difficulty in contacting with the evolutionary organisms than would have been the case in a more standardized type of life endowment.

It may be a stretch, but I think once the adjutants make contact with the human brain, that contact is good throughout the entire universe of Nebadon. I don’t think humans, who are functioning with the complete set of seven adjutants, along with the Holy Spirit overlapping the seventh, would have any problem connecting with adjutants ministering to the rest of the universe. After all, they are the same adjutants we now have and the upper two resonate with the Holy Spirit, who owns the place. Also, the soul is the supermind of the Holy Spirit, who is everywhere, plus it is in contact with the cosmic mind, which is also everywhere.  If man travels to Mars, he might just have to start thinking  more with his soul . . . there’s a thought.

Gene
    Participant

I don’t know if I can agree with this. All the adjutants come from the same place in Salvington and are therefore, I presume, identical in function, offering the same ministry for the entire universe of Nebadon. It is true that the adjutants who encircuited this planet are relatively isolated from other adjutant circuits, but I don’t think that’s because they are different, it’s because we are different, being a decimal planet.

(738.6) 65:7.3 The seven adjutant spirits are more circuitlike than entitylike, and on ordinary worlds they are encircuited with other adjutant functionings throughout the local universe. On life-experiment planets, however, they are relatively isolated. And on Urantia, owing to the unique nature of the life patterns, the lower adjutants experienced far more difficulty in contacting with the evolutionary organisms than would have been the case in a more standardized type of life endowment.

It may be a stretch, but I think once the adjutants make contact with the human brain, that contact is good throughout the entire universe of Nebadon. I don’t think humans, who are functioning with the complete set of seven adjutants, along with the Holy Spirit overlapping the seventh, would have any problem connecting with adjutants ministering to the rest of the universe. After all, they are the same adjutants we now have and the upper two resonate with the Holy Spirit, who owns the place. Also, the soul is the supermind of the Holy Spirit, who is everywhere, plus it is in contact with the cosmic mind, which is also everywhere. If man travels to Mars, he might just have to start thinking more with his soul . . . there’s a thought.

Think with the soul, I love it.
    So when they state that :from paper
    (“9:4.4 Infinite mind ignores time, ultimate mind transcends time, cosmic mind is conditioned by time. And so with space: The Infinite Mind is independent of space, but as descent is made from the infinite to the adjutant levels of mind, intellect must increasingly reckon with the fact and limitations of space.”)

What does it mean when they say the cosmic mind is conditioned by time? Dont it imply that it is somehow altered, made more adaptive?
    And the reference to intellect needing to recon with the fact and limitation of space, I’m not certain I understand that one but it suggests that it is our intellect that does the adapting??

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

It’s all about evolution and experience.  Mind is the go-between matter and spirit out here in the evolutionary, experiential universes of time and space.  The cosmic mind is the arena in which that battle takes place.  That’s why it is conditioned by time and space.

Gene
    Participant

Ok, thx for your insights.

One other thought: I’m reading a book by Michael meltzer about the Cassini-Huygens mission to Saturn.
    For that as well as the old Voyager that is still sending back data I believe – mechanical brains don’t seem to need to get involved with the cosmic mind battles, we found a way around such challenges.

😊

Cole
    Cole
    Participant

There is another interesting reference to a visitation to our planet by two advisers from “neighboring planets.”

67:6.5[Part III]
    The affairs of Urantia were for a long time administered by a council of planetary receivers, twelve Melchizedeks, confirmed by the mandate of the senior constellation ruler, the Most High Father of Norlatiadek. Associated with the Melchizedek receivers was an advisory council consisting of: one of the loyal aids of the fallen Prince, the two resident Life Carriers, a Trinitized Son in apprenticeship training, a volunteer Teacher Son, a Brilliant Evening Star of Avalon (periodically), the chiefs of seraphim and cherubim, advisers from two neighboring planets, the director general of subordinate angelic life, and Van, the commander in chief of the midway creatures. And thus was Urantia governed and administered until the arrival of Adam. It is not strange that the courageous and loyal Van was assigned a place on the council of planetary receivers which for so long administered the affairs of Urantia.
    I have often wondered about exactly who these two were….unfortunately we get no details.  They could have been mortal, mortal ascenders or some other type of spiritual entity.  I would think the latter two on my list are more likely…but who knows…we are quarantined and do not know much about contact.  Also of interest, of course, is how close is “neighboring” …. in the opinion of the writer.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.