UB Intro Video Shown At 2015 Parliament Of Religions

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions UB Intro Video Shown At 2015 Parliament Of Religions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Forum Friends,

This UB introductory video was shown at the recent Parliament of World Religions. What to you think of it as an intro? Would you use it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1vHyJn7Ts#t=13

Richard E Warren

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Yes I would to an audience or for individuals who indicate interest in more than they know.  The Fourth Adjutant would be very helpful for truth seekers.

freelight
    Participant

Hi all,

My first post here :) – a most excellent intro. video! Just shared it on my facebook page.

growthingrace
    Participant

I have actually found myself returning to this video several times since I first discovered it.  I find it beautiful and moving.  I have shown it to my kids a couple of times in teaching moments.  I shared it a couple of times on Facebook when I was still on there.  I never got any responses from it though, which was disappointing but not surprising to me.  I found long ago that most of the people in my life are not open to the Urantia Book and I backed off from trying to share it with people.  Instead, I try to share the things I have learned and experienced through the book (which they are very open to when not attached to this mysterious book) and hope they will one day seek their own answers.  In the same way, outside of things like Facebook, I would probably only share this with others if I felt it would help them or if they were asking about my beliefs.

Now, I often wonder if this is the right approach.  So I would be interested in whether others share the book and how.  I do think the video is a wonderful explanation of the book and sums it up beautifully.  So yes, I believe it is a great introduction to the book.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Hello Growthingrace,

Your comments resonate with me having similar experience. I’ve come to realize what others say about people being ready is true and when people are not curious, or ready, there will be little interest. With that, it seems OK to recommend the book as a reliable lifetime resource for addressing personal and community problems and also for satisfying curiosity. You may refer to the book as guidance for improved persona,l civil, and international relationships. A person’s Thought Adjuster and Michael’s Spirit of Truth will be working tirelessly while knowing what each person needs and is willing to investigate. Would your friends want improved citizenry?

This approach does not lessen the FER’s importance or potency, but only approaches reality uniquely for each person. Being alert to a person’s needs or interests is good, also. Try our best and the Spirit will work. We also know some people will never be interested in growth.

Jesus’ advice to take people up to and admire the temple before attempting to take him inside for expanded understanding seems right for us all. How we do that for each person is the challenge for which we are right to seek the Father’s will. Abundant humbleness seems right too.

André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

Rick what a exquisite masterpiece.

An effective teamwork: Richard Jernigan, Gard Jameson, Mary Sarah Angliotta, Mo Siegel and many dedicated Sons and Daughters of God.

Personally, I’m incline to position this logical, inspirational and heartening video recording in a context when …

That will be the day when men will be willing to seek truth and righteousness. The Publication Mandate

So I would be interested in whether others share the book and how  Growingrace

• when rises in me the will to give TUB, I make sure to imply God’s counseling. If is still prevail and predominate, I make sure the recipient will be emotionally link to the book.

E.g.    In the time to honor a pious brother in law, I offered him the book not without making sure  all the family presences wrote a personal esteem note inside the cover.

• Concerning disseminating TUB around me I apply this only course of action:

132:0.4 And this was his method of instruction: Never once did he attack their errors or even mention the flaws in their teachings. In each case he would select the truth in what they taught and then proceed so to embellish and illuminate this truth in their minds that in a very short time this enhancement of the truth effectively crowded out the associated error

André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

An effective teamwork: Richard Jernigan, Gard Jameson, Mary Sarah Angliotta, Mo Siegel and many dedicated Sons and Daughters of God.

Personally, I’m incline to position this logical, inspirational and heartening video recording in a context when …

That will be the day when men will be willing to seek truth and righteousness. The Publication Mandate

• when rises in me the will to give TUB, I make sure to imply God’s counseling. If is still prevail and predominate, I make sure the recipient will be emotionally link to the book.

E.g.    In the time to honor a pious brother in law, I offered him the book not without making sure  all the family presences wrote a personal esteem note inside the cover.

132:0.4 And this was his method of instruction: Never once did he attack their errors or even mention the flaws in their teachings. In each case he would select the truth in what they taught and then proceed so to embellish and illuminate this truth in their minds that in a very short time this enhancement of the truth effectively crowded out the associated error

André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

Thanks Rick

André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

132:0.4 And this was his method of instruction: Never once did he attack their errors or even mention the flaws in their teachings. In each case he would select the truth in what they taught and then proceed so to embellish and illuminate this truth in their minds that in a very short time this enhancement of the truth effectively crowded out the associated error .

André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

An effective teamwork: Richard Jernigan, Gard Jameson, Mary Sarah Angliotta, Mo Siegel and many dedicated Sons and Daughters of God..

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Here’s a companion quote:

141:6.2When Simon Zelotes and Jesus were alone, Simon asked the Master: “Why is it that I could not persuade him? Why did he so resist me and so readily lend an ear to you?” Jesus answered: “Simon, Simon, how many times have I instructed you to refrain from all efforts to take something out of the hearts of those who seek salvation? How often have I told you to labor only to put something into these hungry souls? Lead men into the kingdom, and the great and living truths of the kingdom will presently drive out all serious error. When you have presented to mortal man the good news that God is his Father, you can the easier persuade him that he is in reality a son of God. And having done that, you have brought the light of salvation to the one who sits in darkness. Simon, when the Son of Man came first to you, did he come denouncing Moses and the prophets and proclaiming a new and better way of life? No. I came not to take away that which you had from your forefathers but to show you the perfected vision of that which your fathers saw only in part. Go then, Simon, teaching and preaching the kingdom, and when you have a man safely and securely within the kingdom, then is the time, when such a one shall come to you with inquiries, to impart instruction having to do with the progressive advancement of the soul within the divine kingdom.”

Gene
    Participant

Here’s a companion quote:

141:6.2When Simon Zelotes and Jesus were alone, Simon asked the Master: “Why is it that I could not persuade him? Why did he so resist me and so readily lend an ear to you?” Jesus answered: “Simon, Simon, how many times have I instructed you to refrain from all efforts to take something out of the hearts of those who seek salvation? How often have I told you to labor only to put something into these hungry souls? Lead men into the kingdom, and the great and living truths of the kingdom will presently drive out all serious error. When you have presented to mortal man the good news that God is his Father, you can the easier persuade him that he is in reality a son of God. And having done that, you have brought the light of salvation to the one who sits in darkness. Simon, when the Son of Man came first to you, did he come denouncing Moses and the prophets and proclaiming a new and better way of life? No. I came not to take away that which you had from your forefathers but to show you the perfected vision of that which your fathers saw only in part. Go then, Simon, teaching and preaching the kingdom, and when you have a man safely and securely within the kingdom, then is the time, when such a one shall come to you with inquiries, to impart instruction having to do with the progressive advancement of the soul within the divine kingdom.”

wonderful quotes: simple, right?

growthingrace
    Participant

I like all of these responses.  Interestingly, the quotes shared are all ones I too have pondered on this subject.  I tend to be so eager to share what I learn through reading the book and my communion with God that I sometimes don’t realize that others aren’t at the same step that I am.  I have found though, that in moments of quiet with another person a simple thought will come to mind, often it is “you are a child of God.”  I am trying to practice the patience to allow these moments to come when they come and not force them.

I do feel that the video very nicely sends this message without being too much for someone who hasn’t gone into the temple yet, so to speak.  That being said, I am biased here.  I wonder if there is a way to get reactions from people unfamiliar with the book?

Gene
    Participant

In regard to getting people interested in the revelation I have had no success. I have handed out many books with no apparent positive results. I always try to look for that same or similar questioning and curiousity that drew my interest and build on it carefully.

i really like the video but need to consider carefully how and when to present it to someone.

possibly I’m overthinking this but that is me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.