Triunity & Triodity

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Triunity & Triodity

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mark606
    Participant

I’m attempting to understand the evolution of the Almighty Supreme as it occurs through the triunities and triodities. The seven triunities all have the Father as a partner and through them he exercises control over the functions of infinity – but the triodities are non-Father associations, although similar to triunities. 104.3

My brain is a little fried at the moment and I’m stuck on this sentence.

115:2.1 From the existential standpoint, nothing new can happen throughout the galaxies, for the completion of infinity inherent in the I AM is eternally present in the seven Absolutes, is functionally associated in the triunities, and is transmitively associated in the triodities.

I understand (to some degree) the concept of the functional associations, or relationships, of the triunities – but for the triodities, what does “transmitively associated” mean? Is it the same as transmissive? Do I need to dig up a 1935 dictionary?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Isn’t the root of the word transmit? Meaning passed from one to another, like potentials to actuals?  Not sure myself.

Mark606
    Participant

Yes, I suppose it is – although it’s a strange adverb.

If “transmit” is the idea, then the above quote implies that the completion of infinity (whatever that is) is transmitted through the triodities.

Ah well – it just goes to show that the book is always one step ahead of us.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Ah well – it just goes to show that the book is always one step ahead of us.

Yeah.  I have to say I studied the triodity material a few years ago.  I read and reread the stuff, took a lot of notes and pondered a great deal, but it never solidified in my mind.  I wonder if there is someone in the TUB community who has this material nailed down who might share some insights.  I wouldn’t mind reading a good distillation essay on it.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Is this thread dead?  Are we still studying this topic?

Gene
    Participant

Is this thread dead? Are we still studying this topic?

Can’t contribute but I’m very interested

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Agree Gene…..not my area of understanding.  While I have always found the Supreme and experiential deity one of the most important and fascinating elements/concepts in the UB, it is a very complex topic.  And triodities and triunities have never made it simpler for me!  My lack of confidence and competence in the matter causes a reluctant shyness that is most unusual for me…..hahahaha!  It is my hope someone might illuminate the topic for us.  A link to – triodity OR triodities:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=triodity+OR+triodities&zoom_per_page=50&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1 – (24 quotes total)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Could we narrow it down to triodities for now?

Gene
    Participant

Dumb question, sorry.

Gene
    Participant

Agree Gene…..not my area of understanding. While I have always found the Supreme and experiential deity one of the most important and fascinating elements/concepts in the UB, it is a very complex topic. And triodities and triunities have never made it simpler for me! My lack of confidence and competence in the matter causes a reluctant shyness that is most unusual for me…..hahahaha! It is my hope someone might illuminate the topic for us. A link to – triodity OR triodities:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=triodity+OR+triodities&zoom_per_page=50&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1 – (24 quotes total)

I agree Brad, I have similar difficulties with this.
    But I’ll attempt to get involved where I can even if I don’t make sense

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Well, the triodity thing apparently is something that involves all of us, so I guess it’s worth going through some mental calisthenics.

We’re told that experiential growth becomes a universe actuality through triodity relationships, both actual and potential (115:2.4;115:4.1).  I’m pretty sure that has to do with the triodity relationships between matter, mind and spirit and their associated gravities (115:6.1).  I think, based on the quote below, that this is part of the evolution of dominance.

(1281.4) 117:3.2 The Supreme is the divine channel through which flows the creative infinity of the triodities that crystallizes into the galactic panorama of space, against which takes place the magnificent personality drama of time: the spirit conquest of energy-matter through the mediation of mind.

Gene
    Participant

After reading a bit I’ll try to keep the thread going with this:

From paper 104:
    “As the triunities are primarily concerned with the functional unification of infinity, so are triodities involved in the cosmic appearance of experiential Deities. The triunities are indirectly concerned, but the triodities are directly concerned, in the experiential Deities — Supreme, Ultimate, and Absolute. They appear in the emerging power-personality synthesis of the Supreme Being. And to the time creatures of space the Supreme Being is a revelation of the unity of the I AM.”

Also from rhe same paper we are told about the triodities of actuality and potentiality.

It’s all about experiential deity, the last 5 papers of part 3.

I like the way paper 115 leads into this:

THE SUPREME BEING
    WITH God the Father, sonship is the great relationship. With God the Supreme, achievement is the prerequisite to status—one must do something as well as be something

And then at the end of my quote from paper 104 the I AM is mentioned, taking me back to the first 5 papers.

Another speculative thought but directed to triunities : likely not possible but fun to think about but the way they reveal the seven triunities and talk about the unrevealed 8 makes me consider if someone could catalogue the attributes of father son spirit and the 3 absolutes and arrange them based on all possibilities of arrangement one may be able to speculate about the nature of this unrevealed group of triunities. Isn’t this why they tease us with such information?
    Isn’t this similar to how they reveal what they have about triunities/triodities?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Yes, I did notice that the triodities appear in the emerging power-personality synthesis of the Supreme.  That’s why I think we’re intimately involved with the triodities, both the potential and actual.  I also think the triodities are part of the elliptic symmetry of  reality.  And obviously, the triodities are part of the three cosmic mind reality responses.    If this is true, then I think I have a handle on the meaning of the triodities (just a handle though, not the whole package).

Gene
    Participant

Reposting this quote:

From paper 104:
    “As the triunities are primarily concerned with the functional unification of infinity, so are triodities involved in the cosmic appearance of experiential Deities. The triunities are indirectly concerned, but the triodities are directly concerned, in the experiential Deities — Supreme, Ultimate, and Absolute. They appear in the emerging power-personality synthesis of the Supreme Being. And to the time creatures of space the Supreme Being is a revelation of the unity of the I AM.”

The last sentence caught my attention again, it’s the reference to the I AM that gets me thinking back to the beginning of the book and it represents a parallel. As God escaped from the fetters of unqualified infinity so the Supreme is in the process of escaping from the fetters of unqualified Supreamacy, or another way to say it: unqualified finitude.
    So how are the Triodities involved in facilitating this process?
    Maybe “transmit” is a key word here. Downstepping from absolute to finite.
    Just thinking.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Isn’t the Supreme the threefold manifestation of a monotheistic God (104:1.7); one Deity existing in a triune manifestation of divinity and personality (104:1.9)?  If so, then the various triodities we are very familiar with are those triodities which are directly concerned with the Supreme.  Which incidentally is why I think Melchizedek arrived with the symbol of three concentric circles.  A threefold manifestation of divinity that comes to mind is truth, beauty and goodness.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.