Topic Hijacking and Topic Tagging

Home Forums Support & Suggestions Topic Hijacking and Topic Tagging

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

It is unfortunate that someone has been allowed to ‘tag’ or brand or hijack dozens of topics here by one person posting irrelevant comments and off topic quotes.

It makes the site look silly and not serious or thoughtful or relevant.

This Forum should be a serious resource for serious inquiry I think.  Wit and humor are also welcome!  It seems trivialized by such an aggressive takeover, especially by a troubled mind acting out for attention and with no interest or intent for study… and now this person accuses the UB of lying?

Perhaps this irrelevancy should be removed from the very end of topical threads where these tags are irrelevant to the actual topic?

The flock is not served by the wolf’s attendance or the jackal’s smirk I don’t think.

There are enemies of truth who seek attention and audience.   Shall they find a platform here?

How and who does this serve?

Thanks for your service here!!  To moderate is like parenting or hosting; so much confusion and uncertainty about how best to respond to someone acting out…especially a rude guest perhaps?

Best wishes.

;-)

Alain
    Alain
    Participant

Thank you Bradly for sharing these realistic facts.

I always enjoy reading posts with constructive questions or explanations. But throwing just anything in the forum becomes somewhat harassing.

Thank you also, moderators.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Yes, Alain. It is harassing. It seems right to remind us all to ask an important internal question: What are the revelators attempting to convey to me? This is a wise, personal mind activity and likely has always been related to personal “status” since Andon and Fonta! People followed Jesus to hear what he was going to say next. Why? Because they took interest for personal benefit or curiosity. Shooting the UB down is not a wise personal decision. No resource replaces the book.

Thank you moderators! Gracias!

jean
    Participant

Salut à toutes et tous

Je suis d’accord avec vous, que ceux qui dénigre le LU le fasse ailleurs que sur ce forum.

Jean

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  This Forum should be a serious resource for serious inquiry I think.  Wit and humor are also welcome!
    Alain wrote:  Thank you also, moderators.
    Mark Kurtz wrote: Thank you moderators! Gracias!
    jean wrote:  Je suis d’accord avec vous, que ceux qui dénigre le LU le fasse ailleurs que sur ce forum.

I am grateful to read your comments.  Thank you.  And grateful for the Moderator warning to the individual who has provoked this topic.
    I have watched some of his videos and  I am of the opinion that something is wrong mentally.  I do not say there is anything wrong spiritually speaking.  That is not any of my business.  That is between him and God.  But the mind is a trickster.  Many years ago I belonged to a religious cult. I swallowed the bait – hook, line and sinker.  And I did this in my mind.  No one could talk me out of my thinking! Fortunately, I never had, nor do I now have, delusions of grandeur nor any other delusions.  Thank God I did not loose my mind.  Prior to finding the UB, my daily mantra was and still is: Not my will, but Thy will be done.
    155:6.13 [Part IV]
    When you once begin to find God in your soul, presently you will begin to discover him in other men’s souls and eventually in all the creatures and creations of a mighty universe. But what chance does the Father have to appear as a God of supreme loyalties and divine ideals in the souls of men who give little or no time to the thoughtful contemplation of such eternal realities? While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is indeed the gateway thereto.
    [snipped]
    Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith. He takes note of the physical and superstitious emotions of the primitive man. And with those honest but fearful souls whose faith is so weak that it amounts to little more than an intellectual conformity to a passive attitude of assent to religions of authority, the Father is ever alert to honor and foster even all such feeble attempts to reach out for him. But you who have been called out of darkness into the light are expected to believe with a whole heart; your faith shall dominate the combined attitudes of body,mind, and spirit.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So…is someone with obvious mental problems then allowed to hijack a website and destroy dozens of topics by irrelevancy and attention seeking because “something is wrong mentally” (regardless of their direct attacks on the Revelation)???

Is this kindness??  Or patience??  Or tolerance??  At what point and by what means is the community/flock to rid itself of such behaviors and voices I wonder?

I too have seen the videos of this disturbed one and shudder that his links here are live and active and permanently platformed here as if sponsored and approved by this site and organization.

Please remove the posts.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Is this kindness??  Or patience??  Or tolerance??

Remember, I expressed my opinion. Just because I said something I believe does not make it factual.  I observe several things: 1) no one is engaging in any conversations with him on any topic he’s put his name on; 2) the six or ten words he puts on a topic are mostly innocuous; 3) he does not write lengthy posts.  Besides, he might be a sincere reader after all.

Jesus said to his apostles and disciples  not to  try to take something out of people, but rather to put something in as they went about preaching to people.

141:6.2 [Part IV]
    When Simon Zelotes and Jesus were alone, Simon asked the Master: “Why is it that I could not persuade him? Why did he so resist me and so readily lend an ear to you?” Jesus answered: “Simon, Simon, how many times have I instructed you to refrain from all efforts to take something out of the hearts of those who seek salvation? How often have I told you to labor only to put something into these hungry souls? Lead men into the kingdom, and the great and living truths of the kingdom will presently drive out all serious error. When you have presented to mortal man the good news that God is his Father, you can the easier persuade him that he is in reality a son of God. And having done that, you have brought the light of salvation to the one who sits in darkness. Simon, when the Son of Man came first to you, did he come denouncing Moses and the prophets and proclaiming a new and better way of life? No. I came not to take away that which you had from your forefathers but to show you the perfected vision of that which your fathers saw only in part. Go then, Simon, teaching and preaching the kingdom, and when you have a man safely and securely within the kingdom, then is the time, when such a one shall come to you with inquiries, to impart instruction having to do with the progressive advancement of the soul within the divine kingdom.”

And further Jesus said,

146:3.2 [Part IV]
    The apostles were a bit disconcerted by the open manner of Jesus’ assent to many of the Greek’s propositions, but Jesus afterward privately said to them: “My children, marvel not that I was tolerant of the Greek’s philosophy. True and genuine inward certainty does not in the least fear outward analysis, nor does truth resent honest criticism. You should never forget that intolerance is the mask covering up the entertainment of secret doubts as to the trueness of one’s belief. No man is at any time disturbed by his neighbor’s attitude when he has perfect confidence in the truth of that which he wholeheartedly believes. Courage is the confidence of thoroughgoing honesty about those things which one professes to believe. Sincere men are unafraid of the critical examination of their true convictions and noble ideals.”

We could draw more attention to our true convictions and noble ideals.  Rodan said, “Pay good for evil; overcome evil with the good.” 131:3.6

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Neither did Jesus provide a stage and platform for the crazy preacher.  Or live links to his personal depravity and contradictions of the Papers.

Whatever….not my call.

Since his posts are topic tags and irrelevant to the topic tagged for attention, crazy or not hardly matters.  It’s rude and does not contribute meaning or value to any topic or this community or this forum in my opinion.

Tagging is not a desirable or appropriate expression here is it?  It trivializes the purpose here I think.

On tagging:

Why Do Graffiti Artists Tag?

Graffiti artists, known as writers, are often misunderstood by society. The earliest graffiti artists used tagging as a means of self-expression and usually one of the few means of expression available to disenfranchised urban youths.

There is motivation in the egotistical pleasure of leaving behind one’s name of legacy, be it a nom de guerre or tag. There is also a sense of rebellion and excitement that comes from tagging and doing something that can be both dangerous and illegal.

While tagging starts as a simple name, it often expands into graffiti with sharp political or societal commentary and can be said to “speak for the streets”.

What Is the Point of Tagging?

Many people do not understand the point of tagging, and tags are often dismissed as vandalism. Not everyone will recognize or appreciate the different tagging styles seen on the streets today or appreciate the great lengths some tag artists will go to to create them.

Taggers are often anonymous, but they seek to be seen by the tagging community. The tag itself is the artist’s signature, so they want their name or nom de plume to be recognized.

People have long sought to leave their mark through forms of tagging. Modern graffiti tagging may seem like a 20th-century pop culture phenomenon, but tagging has been around for centuries.

There is evidence of ancient tagging on public buildings from ancient Rome and Greece, for example. Tags or names have been painted or scratched in public places for many centuries.

:good:

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Dear Bradly,

You say his posts are topic tags.  Technically they are not.  They are either replies, or they are the start of a new topic.  If you’re you able to identify for us any actual and offending topic tags, it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Moderator-1

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Nevermind.  His name shows on 68 topics today as last post (but there are many more in total posts).  Each as irrelevant and inappropriate as the last.

This web site was once quite particular about live links and their relevancy and appropriateness too.

If you don’t understand the issue or think it is an issue, then so be it.  I find it disruptive with an obvious attention seeking motive.   I am not alone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.