THOUGHT ADJUSTER OR CONTROLLER?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions THOUGHT ADJUSTER OR CONTROLLER?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote:. . . therefore assuming that the Thought Adjuster retains this information, the adjuster must control any change perceived, so realistically we can not be the same, and the only element where this controlling is assigned to is the thought adjuster, where now logically is a thought controller, having direct influence, and not just a guiding influence.
    The person, either here on earth or over there, must insistently, persistently, habitually, determinedly, resolutely, dedicatedly, resolvedly, willingly choose to do and to live the will of our Father in heaven and the Father is actually present in the Thought Adjuster. (32:4:5)  The choice is always ours – here or over there.
    32:4:5   But at any time prior to mortal death this same material and human will is empowered to rescind such a choice and to reject survival. Even after survival the ascending mortal still retains this prerogative of choosing to reject eternal life; at any time before fusion with the Adjuster the evolving and ascending creature can choose to forsake the will of the Paradise Father. Fusion with the Adjuster signalizes the fact that the ascending mortal has eternally and unreservedly chosen to do the Father’s will.
    To progress in life, either here or over there, we must cooperate with the plans and purposes of our Father via the Thought Adjuster-Changer-Controller who is our partner in the ascension adventure, until the time is ripe for fusion.
    54:2:2   Every creature of every evolving universe who aspires to do the Father’s will is destined to become the partner of the time-space Creators in this magnificent adventure of experiential perfection attainment. Were this not true, the Father would have hardly endowed such creatures with creative free will, neither would he indwell them, actually go into partnership with them by means of his own spirit.
    My goal is to cooperate with God’s plan for me.  He does have a plan, and I am part of it.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Midi – your questions bring forth many thoughts of prior and current speculation for me and, I assume, all others who wonder about life after death and what it will be like, initially and thereafter. I do think each of us will experience some immediate recognition of change and transformation in our body, mind, and environment. I don’t think the text indicates all will be exactly as before for any surviving ascender. But it is wonderful to contemplate.

Bradly, I understand and agree, with much of what you say, however my interest in this topic is not so much about the after life but, with the various narrations/quotes which are presented and how they may implant on various readers, where in many cases, when a topic presents a question, those UB quotes which are used to respond to these questions, seem to show the thinking of the responder, which is fine but, it would seem that there are many associated quotes which shed varied information which, doesn’t really contradict many UB quotes but have a tendency to show more or additional detail as to the various individual quotes which sometimes imply by there grammatical structure, where a next sentence, may not be associated to the opening sentence but related to a following one.  This often presents me with questions as to if and how they all relate to the various section where they are being presented in the UB.

I agree that what you said above that  – “the text indicates all will be exactly as before for any surviving ascender” – but I have found areas and text which by the wording, presents other scenarios which might apply, however as I said I agree but sometimes I am concerned that others actual and literally think that everything will be the same.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

Hi Rick. Have you given any thought to the very last sentence of the above quote where it says that the three developmental stages of being in relation to one’s Adjuster have nothing at all to do with Adjuster progress in mind duplication and soul evolution? They are telling us that the second quote is not related to the first quote at all. They are talking about two separate things all together and make a point of stating it in that last sentence. The second quote is about the personality’s relationship to the Adjuster, while the first quote is about the Adjuster’s relationship to the personality.

I felt about the same Bonita, but the reader who thought the two contradicted didn’t see it that way. Unfortunately he hasn’t been able to join the conversation. Maybe he will yet.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.