thechristexperiment.org

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions thechristexperiment.org

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Forum Friends,

I think this is the kind of site/project that may begin to turn drifting Christianity around right. What do you think?

http://www.thechristexperiment.org/

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Very cool.   Thanks Rick.  I’ll be there with you.

I also really like 1God.  http://www.1god.com/

Anyone been there?  Good Facebook site too.  ;-)

nelsong
    Participant

Brings back some of the road blocks mentioned in the dissemination topic earlier.

Tried to get my son to read along with me – not a chance.

Tried to get my brother in law – a devout Mormon interested – He cant let go of so much Old Testament stuff.

How to get it to other than Urantia Book readers indeed.

Never saw the movie Ben Hur but reading the book where one of the wise men informs Ben Hur about the child he visited and worshiped 27 years ago who was said to be born the King of the Jews, Hur’s curiousity is greatly aroused and the wise man explains more details about the kingdom the child will bring and how it will be greater than anything that has ever existed on the earth. However, Hur dont get the message and sees this kingdom as that which is ruled by a David or Solomon type of king who will help establish Isreal as the capitol of the world, kill and destroy all of her enemies for revenge and dominate the world as a “peaceful” people. Hur also sees this as his chance to get revenge for himself and his people on Rome.

We seem to be stuck with this interpretation of the Bible dont we? Mired in quicksand.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

That website seems to be trying to build a bridge to the Bible, over which can come Christians of all stripes.  Many have already, and don’t have a problem with our celestial update at all. Even some LDSers.

It’ll take a while, maybe 500 years until the official Church(s) will say, “yep, it’s a revelation”?

Richard E Warren

nelsong
    Participant

Is that all?

i can do that Standing on my head

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Alright! You’re hired.

Richard E Warren

Julian
    Julian
    Participant

Hi Rick and Nelsong,

Three of the individuals who are behind the Christ Experiment website have joined our study group here in Tasmania. They are ex-JWs, have only been reading the Revelation for a year, and are already very keen to get the message of Jesus’ gospel out there to the churches. They do this by visiting local churches and sharing their new-found faith without even mentioning the UB. One of them has his own tourist shop and he ‘witnesses’ to just about every visitor who comes in about the Revelation. He just holds up the book and gets them to read the title and then tells them that one day this book is going to change the whole world! Not a method that everyone would feel comfortable about but he certainly believes that “the actions are ours and the consequences are God’s”.

Love to you both!

Julian

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.