The Urantia Book and the Soul

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Urantia Book and the Soul

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Nunn
    Participant

andre wrote:

p.s. Nigel…  I heard must be a recorded video about your participation on the Scientific seminaries held earlier… but I’ am unable retrace it on the net. Have you any clue, please ?

Hi andre – that video was a very preliminary snapshot, and not worth watching. Most of the animations in the diagrams got washed out by the screen glare, and the video played back faster than expected so I spent the entire 42 minutes trying to make the narration match the movie (which was playing on another presenter’s device via the web to a screen 3 feet away).

But fear not, I’m recording a far better version. For now, to get a hint of what’s in store, best to look at this PDF script (screenshots and text).

Nigel

André
    André
    Participant

All,

post •20626   Zuimon

As I stated earlier, I wont comment Zuimon introduction thread. Except, pointing out there is too much allegations totally undermine/misinterpret TUB.

post •20664  Bonita

Understanding why we have thoughts is like trying to understand why water is wet.

The purpose of thinking is to elevate it not to analyze it.

Jesus told us it was foolish to try overcome mental dysfunctional connections  (don’t remember the quote) by ourself.

Vive le brotherhood … where cosmic perspective enhance one another.

The truth is, if your thoughts and feelings are constantly conflicted, chances are you are fighting against reality and ignoring God’s will and I remember somewhere it was said … not choosing a ideal cause can be a cause of regression.

It’s not about finding yourself and the truth of your feelings, it’s about finding God’s will

for me it sound finding anything else than God’s will … is illusion of the self. Finding yourself and truth of my feelings sound reverberation of Lucifer manifest.

(sorry¹ editing box didn’t offer reduce police above)

… sorry²  to deliver this post not completely well done … but I think I express the essentials.

xoxo

André

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    andre wrote: Finding yourself and truth of my feelings sound reverberation of Lucifer manifest.

Hi Andre!  I agree, if you spend all your time trying to find yourself, that’s all you’re going to find, and that’s not good enough.  I’d rather spend my time trying to find God, to learn more about him and how to do his will.  It seems to me that if you are looking for yourself, studying your feelings as though they were at the center of your world, then your world will revolve around yourself and your feelings, but nothing else.  That is certainly self-centered, selfish and, as you say, Luciferian.  Personally, I prefer to have my world revolve around the spirit center of my soul, God himself, who lives there.  And, we all know that God does not communicate with human feelings but with sublime thoughts.  It’s spiritualized thinking that makes you happy, not digging up feelings from the muck of the mind and playing with them, like kids making mud pies.  Zuimon makes me wonder if he has any idea at all of what spiritualized thinking actually is. My guess is that he thinks spiritualized thinking has something to do with channeling dead folks, at least that’s what I get from his writing.

1104:06 101:1.3 The divine spirit makes contact with mortal man, not by feelings or emotions, but in the realm of the highest and most spiritualized thinking. It is your thoughts, not your feelings, that lead you Godward. The divine nature may be perceived only with the eyes of the mind. But the mind that really discerns God, hears the indwelling Adjuster, is the pure mind. “Without holiness no man may see the Lord.” All such inner and spiritual communion is termed spiritual insight. Such religious experiences result from the impress made upon the mind of man by the combined operations of the Adjuster and the Spirit of Truth as they function amid and upon the ideas, ideals, insights, and spirit strivings of the evolving sons of God.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.