The Second Garden of Eden

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Second Garden of Eden

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Imagine having to leave the most beautiful place on Earth to start another garden in a strange land, and from the dirt up. Van and Amadon had worked on the first Garden 80 years prior to Adam and Eve’s arrival. Before it fell into default, the pair labored on other improvements for more than a century. No place on Earth was or has been as beautiful.

After the fall, their journey to Mesopotamia took almost a year, and when they did arrive, they camped for six weeks, forced to wait for seasonal rains and consequent flooding to subside. Life was difficult, at best. Adam and Eve remained in the second Garden 400 years. Their bones lie beneath a temple floor somewhere in Iraq.

…Now were the Adamites compelled to wrest a living from unprepared soil and to cope with the realities of life in the face of the natural hostilities and incompatibilities of mortal existence. They found the first garden partially prepared for them, but the second had to be created by the labor of their own hands and in the “sweat of their faces….” 76:1.4 (847.6)

…They were both buried in the center of the temple of divine service which had been built in accordance with their plans soon after the wall of the colony had been completed. And this was the origin of the practice of burying noted and pious men and women under the floors of the places of worship…. 76:5.5 (852.4)

Pictured is a chart of the route I guessed they took to the site of the second Garden.

No photo description available.

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Hi Rick,

What a courageous recovery for our Adamic parent.

We talk a lot about the faute in original garden, but what a tremendous dose of courage to re-start from scracht for 400 years. Being here for only 61 yrs often discourage if not demoralize and not even in same Adamic’s context.
    It is there, they proved worthted and loyal to Michaël and

be assigned and seated as

.. 114:3:0 … the Jerusem corps of twenty-four planetary supervisors. Resident Governor general.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hi Rick, What a courageous recovery for our Adamic parent. We talk a lot about the faute in original garden, but what a tremendous dose of courage to re-start from scracht for 400 years. Being here for only 61 yrs often discourage if not demoralize and not even in same Adamic’s context. It is there, they proved worthted and loyal to Michaël and be assigned and seated as .. 114:3:0 … the Jerusem corps of twenty-four planetary supervisors. Resident Governor general.

It’s a good point, Andre. Can we even begin to imagine the courage and stamina it took to keep going after such a shameful and devastating personal failure?? Makes me wonder if there have ever been A&E couples who went into total rebellion, maybe on one of the other 37 worlds that fell for it.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The reason why paper 72 is included in TUB is because it shares our experience of rebellion and default.

72:0.2 Of all the Satania worlds which became isolated because of participation in the Lucifer rebellion, this planet has experienced a history most like that of Urantia. The similarity of the two spheres undoubtedly explains why permission to make this extraordinary presentation was granted, for it is most unusual for the system rulers to consent to the narration on one planet of the affairs of another.

72:0.3 This planet, like Urantia, was led astray by the disloyalty of its Planetary Prince in connection with the Lucifer rebellion. It received a Material Son shortly after Adam came to Urantia, and this Son also defaulted, leaving the sphere isolated, since a Magisterial Son has never been bestowed upon its mortal races.

Adam and Eve were bestowed on a planet that went into rebellion, but they themselves were not guilty of rebellion. They were guilty of default.

75:7.2 While downcast by the sense of guilt, Adam and Eve were greatly cheered by the announcement that their judges on Salvington had absolved them from all charges of standing in “contempt of the universe government.” They had not been held guilty of rebellion.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

The reason why paper 72 is included in TUB is because it shares our experience of rebellion and default.

…It received a Material Son shortly after Adam came to Urantia, and this Son also defaulted, leaving the sphere isolated, since a Magisterial Son has never been bestowed upon its mortal races.

Good recall, Bonita. Simply amazing parallels! Been thinking about that ‘neighboring planet.’ There’s a fine novel within in Paper 72, waiting to spring forth :-)  

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

And paper 72 remind us a encouraging situation for Urantiens.

This recital of the affairs of a neighboring planet is made by special permission with the intent of advancing civilization and augmenting governmental evolution on Urantia.

72:12.5 (820.3)Urantia is therefore far better prepared for the more immediate realization of a planetary government
    consequently to

• effusion of a Son’s Creator
    • pouring of Truth Spirit
    • reinstatement of Planetary Prince
    • headquarter of Archangels
    • visiting of Residents Governors114:2.1 twenty-four onetime Urantians.
    • 77:7:2  secondary midwayers alignement with the rule of Michael at pentecost.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thanks for that André.  I’m wondering in what ways the revelators were hoping paper 72 would augment the evolution of civilization and government on this planet.  It seems to me they’re telling us that our neighboring planet is doing a better job than we are and we should take note.

In regards to this topic, we’re never told the specifics the neighboring planet’s first or second garden.  Were either of those gardens on the isolated continent they describe?  Is that why their civilization and government is so far advanced in regards to the rest of the planet?  Because they got a greater amount of concentrated violet blood and closer contact to the culture of Adam and Eve?

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

I’m wondering in what ways the revelators were hoping paper 72 would augment the evolution of civilization and government on this planet.  It seems to me they’re telling us that our neighboring planet is doing a better job than we are and we should take note.

My perception is paper 72 solely adress to our planet. They are telling us 1 nation on 11 benefit “a very superior civilization is evolving on an isolated continent” and because WE have the assistance of Spirit of Truth, we are planetary better disposed.
    72:12.5 The pouring out of the Spirit of Truth provides the spiritual foundation for the realization of great achievements in the interests of the human race of the bestowal world. Urantia is therefore far better prepared for the more immediate realization of a planetary government with its laws, mechanisms, symbols, conventions, and language—all of which could contribute so mightily to the establishment of world-wide peace under law and could lead to the sometime dawning of a reai age of spiritual striving; and such an age is the planetary threshold to the utopian ages of light and life.

I think exposure of such similar led astray woes concerning a neighboring planet should triggered Urantians in a driven healtfully stimulated competition and inspiring examples.

Because they got a greater amount of concentrated violet blood and closer contact to the culture of Adam
    having a slightly greater proportion of violet blood. 72:1.1
    … revealators only got narrative in biological uplifting status exclusively on this nation. Focusing wholly at this nation.

The Urantia Book injects a creative stimulus to considering alternatives that, should such ideas enter the cultural stream, may move our democracy a little closer to the ideals of more representative government. André Radatus
    https://www.urantia.org/study/seminar-presentations/sharing-teachings-without-name-and-number?term=paper

The importance of why the revelators included Paper 72 is obvious to me. They say they sought permission to include it in the revelation and note how unusual it was that it was granted.

Clearly, the government on this other world is superior to ours and all you have to do is look at how dysfunctional our election cycles are. Wild swings between them, extreme on one end which leads to a counter extreme swing on the other. That’s not good.. post # 23273 Van Amadon

As to Paper 72, Urantia is far closer, in potential, to great planetary, social, and political progress than that state: #23215 Bradley

Could be of some interest:
    Paper 72 – Goverment on a Neighboring Planet – Part 2
    https://www.blogtalkradio.com/cosmiccitizen/2016/10/15/paper-72–goverment-on-a-neighboring-planet–part-2

André
    André
    Participant

G’day,

Could this exceptional report of planet 72 must be benificence of our planetary Prince ?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

G’day, Could this exceptional report of planet 72 must be benificence of our planetary Prince ?

Hmm… Which Prince, Andre?

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Hmmm !!! Have we more than 1?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hmmm !!! Have we more than 1?

Well, we’ve had more than one, the one who went into rebellion, then there’s the Melchizedek, and also Michael moved into that slot after he was Jesus?

45:4:16 (514.6) This Melchizedek has latterly been proclaimed vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia with headquarters on Jerusem and authority to act in behalf of Michael, who is actually the Planetary Prince of the world whereon he experienced his terminal bestowal in human form.

Andre, what are you thinking Paper 72 benefits, and which Prince?

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Hi Rick,

Well, we’ve had more than one

There can be only one active by planet.(… but Urantia historically had 2).

Caligastia was. 66:8.5

Machiventa is vicegerent Prince 114:3.4

Michael, who is actually the Planetary Prince. 45:4.16

Andre, how are thinking Paper 72 benefits, and which Prince?
    Please precise you question. I’m lost.

Thanks
    p.s. … probably the misunderstood came from my explanation regarding the paper 72 as been authorized by the benificence of our Planetary Prince Michael.
    (def:the doing of good; active goodness or kindness.)

Yes, thank you Rick

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hi Rick, Well, we’ve had more than one There can be only one active by planet.(… but Urantia historically had 2). Caligastia was. 66:8.5 Machiventa is vicegerent Prince 114:3.4 Michael, who is actually the Planetary Prince. 45:4.16 Andre, how are thinking Paper 72 benefits, and which Prince? Please precise you question. I’m lost. Thanks

Me too, Andre. At least we are lost together :good:   And maybe we can find the way back together. I was asking about your comment: “Could this exceptional report of planet 72 must be benificence of our planetary Prince?”

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

p.s. … probably the misunderstood came from my explanation regarding the paper 72 as been authorized by the benificence of our Planetary Prince Michael. (def:the doing of good; active goodness or kindness.)

Oh! Is this what you refer to Andre, at the beginning of 72? 72:0.1 (808.1) BY PERMISSION of Lanaforge and with the approval of the Most Highs of Edentia, I am authorized to narrate something of the social, moral, and political life of the most advanced human race living on a not far-distant planet belonging to the Satania system.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.