SOUL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I am beginning this topic in response to a newer reader’s inquiry about soul on the “Reincarnation” topic.  This study covers lots of territory and may extend in multiple directions based on interest and inquiry.  First, the triggering post and questions:

“My name is Bart and I am a new lover of the UB which I just finished reading. I know one must keep reading and learning all the time. I do not understand a lot of the universe make-up and function as it is beyond my intellectual capacity right now. That is not what bothers me now. Being a former firm believer in reincarnation I had a simpler view of what I thought was the reason I was born where I was and believed as I did. This view I don’t think is consistent with UB presentation.

My main question is this: at about age 5 a mortal is assigned a thought adjuster provided he is a “fully functional mortal” What constitutes a “fully functional mortal”. If any mortal does not meet this requirement and not assigned a thought adjuster what is its fate? Upon death is that mortal just considered a failed experiment in nature and dissolved without any further evolution of any kind? There seem to be a lot of pages devoted to cosmic organization and function which I doubt a whole lot of UB readers truly understand but not much about simpler questions which I am sure I am not alone in asking and are closer to the kinds of things people who read the UB would like to understand.

I know I need more study and thought with the UB but these question occupy a lot of my thought and I have not found any pages that clarify them. Any and all comments, reference, or suggestions are welcome. Thank you.”

Bart

Greeting Bart.  Congratulations on your first read!! Well done.  Great questions too.  I look forward to the discovery and discussion of what the Urantia Papers have to say on the matter.

As to the soul’s birth and origination, the UB is clear that it is an evolutionary and experiential accomplishment by each person who has soul.  It is not a gift or an endowment or a loan or created by any other being or Divine intervention.  It is a function of the mortal mind making a moral choice.  This verifies that all mind circuits are engaged and functional….this distinguishes humans from animals.

Animal mind and human mind share 5 mind circuits – intuition, understanding, courage, knowledge and counsel.  Humans are also connected to two more mind circuits – worship and wisdom.  An evolutionary world is considered “inhabited” by people only when minds appear which are confirmed to be connected to all 7 Adjutant Mind Circuits.  The human mind is “fully functional” when it is connected to the 7 Mind Circuits.  This means the mind has the capacity for moral judgement and response to the Spirit.  The mind can receive the ministry of the Holy Spirit and the Thought Adjuster and the Spirit of Truth – the three mind ministries of Deity within each fully functional human being.

(1187.1) 108:2.2 The Adjusters cannot invade the mortal mind until it has been duly prepared by the indwelling ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits and encircuited in the Holy Spirit. And it requires the co-ordinate function of all seven adjutants to thus qualify the human mind for the reception of an Adjuster. Creature mind must exhibit the worship outreach and indicate wisdom function by exhibiting the ability to choose between the emerging values of good and evil — moral choice.

Me here:  The birth of soul begins the personal and evolutionary religious experience of mortal mind.  By the Spirit connection, mortal mind can begin to feel specific urges and yearns, it hungers and thirsts for that connection and it feels the Presence of God Within.  That connection delivers Divine Assurance and the budding faith of being and belonging and the awareness of our two natures – the material nature and the spirit nature.   The birth of soul also attaches our being to the 3 Divine Gravity Circuits of the Personality Circuit of the Father, the Spirit Gravity Circuit of the Son, and the Mind Gravity Circuit of the Mother/Conjoint Actor.

So we are connected in-mind to each Spirit AND we are responsive to and connected to the Gravity Circuits of each Spirit as well.  That is a fully functional human.  Since the time of Jesus this does usually occur in all normal minded children by the age of 5-6.  If a child can know the difference between right and wrong, the child is considered normal.  If the child demonstrates altruism and generosity and love or consideration for others, this is proof of the Divine Connection and soul is born!!

While similar, perhaps even identical, in many ways, the religious experience is also very unique and personal to each of us.  Each personality in the universe of universes is unique and a distinct individual.  Each personality has a very subjective perspective and experience based on their situation and circumstances and the choices they make and the order in which they make them.  No two personalities can have the same experience…even identical twins do not.  No one even experiences the same experience the same way as any other personality nor can they ever.   Not possible.  Always is their some unique aspect to experience.  Experiential wisdom and evolutionary progress is a great adventure.  Each personal experience of that adventure is a wonderful contribution to the totality of reality and a realization of potentials that releases ever new potentials for universe actualization.  We are part of the greatness and grandness of universe creative experience.  Big Stuff!!!!!!!  :-)

Again….great questions….so many related issues to consider!!

108:2.2 (1187.1) The Adjusters cannot invade the mortal mind until it has been duly prepared by the indwelling ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits and encircuited in the Holy Spirit. And it requires the co-ordinate function of all seven adjutants to thus qualify the human mind for the reception of an Adjuster. Creature mind must exhibit the worship outreach and indicate wisdom function by exhibiting the ability to choose between the emerging values of good and evil—moral choice.

108:2.3 (1187.2) Thus is the stage of the human mind set for the reception of Adjusters, but as a general rule they do not immediately appear to indwell such minds except on those worlds where the Spirit of Truth is functioning as a spiritual co-ordinator of these different spirit ministries. If this spirit of the bestowal Sons is present, the Adjusters unfailingly come the instant the seventh adjutant mind-spirit begins to function and signalizes to the Universe Mother Spirit that it has achieved in potential the co-ordination of the associated six adjutants of prior ministry to such a mortal intellect. Therefore have the divine Adjusters been universally bestowed upon all normal minds of moral status on Urantia ever since the day of Pentecost.

108:2.4 (1187.3) Even with a Spirit of Truth endowed mind, the Adjusters cannot arbitrarily invade the mortal intellect prior to the appearance of moral decision. But when such a moral decision has been made, this spirit helper assumes jurisdiction direct from Divinington. There are no intermediaries or other intervening authorities or powers functioning between the divine Adjusters and their human subjects; God and man are directly related.

108:2.5 (1187.4) Before the times of the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon the inhabitants of an evolutionary world, the Adjusters’ bestowal appears to be determined by many spirit influences and personality attitudes. We do not fully comprehend the laws governing such bestowals; we do not understand just what determines the release of the Adjusters who have volunteered to indwell such evolving minds. But we do observe numerous influences and conditions which appear to be associated with the arrival of the Adjusters in such minds prior to the bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, and they are:

108:2.6 (1187.5) 1. The assignment of personal seraphic guardians. If a mortal has not been previously indwelt by an Adjuster, the assignment of a personal guardian brings the Adjuster forthwith. There exists some very definite but unknown relation between the ministry of Adjusters and the ministry of personal seraphic guardians.

108:2.7 (1187.6) 2. The attainment of the third circle of intellectual achievement and spiritual attainment. I have observed Adjusters arrive in mortal minds upon the conquest of the third circle even before such an accomplishment could be signalized to the local universe personalities concerned with such matters.

108:2.8 (1187.7) 3. Upon the making of a supreme decision of unusual spiritual import. Such human behavior in a personal planetary crisis usually is attended by the immediate arrival of the waiting Adjuster.

108:2.9 (1187.8) 4. The spirit of brotherhood. Regardless of the attainment of the psychic circles and the assignment of personal guardians—in the absence of anything resembling a crisis decision—when an evolving mortal becomes dominated by the love of his fellows and consecrated to unselfish ministry to his brethren in the flesh, the waiting Adjuster unvaryingly descends to indwell the mind of such a mortal minister.

108:2.10 (1188.1) 5. Declaration of intention to do the will of God. We observe that many mortals on the worlds of space may be apparently in readiness to receive Adjusters, and yet the Monitors do not appear. We go on watching such creatures as they live from day to day, and presently they quietly, almost unconsciously, arrive at the decision to begin the pursuit of the doing of the will of the Father in heaven. And then we observe the immediate dispatch of the Thought Adjusters.

108:2.11 (1188.2) 6. Influence of the Supreme Being. On worlds where the Adjusters do not fuse with the evolving souls of the mortal inhabitants, we observe Adjusters sometimes bestowed in response to influences which are wholly beyond our comprehension. We conjecture that such bestowals are determined by some cosmic reflex action originating in the Supreme Being. As to why these Adjusters can not or do not fuse with these certain types of evolving mortal minds we do not know. Such transactions have never been revealed to us.

:good:

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So….where and when and why do we originate as humans??

Reminder:  No one here can offer anything but opinions, arguments, or the words of the Urantia Papers themselves.  The purpose here is to discover and explore what the authors wrote in the UB…and not argue the rightness or wrongness or accuracy of what they wrote.  In other words, this is not a place to convince anyone what is real or true or what to believe or not to believe….but only to consider what is written in the pages of the UB as a study group of the UB.  According to the UB……

Humans begin their lives as babies born by material parents who also originated the same way.  At some point between conception and soon after birth (not really specified but some think it is upon our first breath of air upon birth) we receive personality and with that begins selfhood and identity and character development due to the inherent freewill bestowed with each personality.  We are born already connected to or are soon connected to the 7 Adjutant Mind Spirits and the circuitry of mind, spirit, and personality.   We are connected by our mind to Deity and are born with a spirit nature as well as a material nature…we are dual natured beings.

Upon our first reflective moral choice. we experience the birth of soul and the bestowal of a pre-personal Fragment of God in mind as another level of Spirit ministry and connection.  This becomes a second birth in a way because it is the soul that can survive the death of the material body.  The soul becomes the repository for every moral choice we make as a freewill being and the soul has a life of its own including a consciousness of itself and the Spirit within.  The soul grows according to the choices we make which have eternal value as both experiences of and expressions of truth, beauty, and goodness.

This spiritization of the self expands our spirituality and makes us more and more responsive to the Spirit and to the Spirit Gravity Circuit.  We are actually drawn toward Paradise and Deity by such freewill choices.  This connection of self to Deity and the resulting personal religious experience delivers faith, assurance, truth realization, and the fruits of the Spirit….including happiness and joy!  The Spirit creates urges, yearns, hungers, and thirsts that only truth, beauty, and goodness can satisfy!!  Thus does the soul grow and we gain experiential wisdom and spiritualization!!

So…we have the birth of self and then we have the birth of soul which is the spirit-self.  If we progress in the Spirit sufficiently we eventually unite and become fused with the inner God Fragment (Thought Adjuster) and we are born yet again as a whole new form of being.  Now we are considered an eternal being which will never fail to experience eternity and destiny.  This is WHY we originate.  We are very important to the Grand Universe and Totality of universe Realization of Potential.  We are the beings born/created with the most potential, beginning at the lowest level of creation with eternal destiny potential.  The perfect benefits by the perfecting of the unperfect.  The experience of perfecting contributes to perfection in profoundly important ways!

Our lives matter.  We have value.  It lies in the realization of our potential.  Potential is an odd thing.  The more of it that is realized the more of it that is created.  The realization of potential creates ever new and greater potentials for further realization!  The universe is not some static and motionless and unprogressive completion of a single moment or an existential non-beginning.  No.  God has a continuing purpose and plan that is unfolding and we are a part of that plan.

Experiential wisdom requires the conscious awareness and memory of choices and repercussions.  It results in new forms of experience and being as we gradually transform from pure material beings to pure spirit beings.  This takes much progress and transcendence and time.  There is no purpose to returning to any purely material form over and over again.  We will consider the Morontial level of universe reality next…where the transition takes us next upon our mortal death.

:-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

The UB teaches that mortals are of “animal origin”.  Mortals are the only such material born beings in the universes of time that are gifted personality and may transcend their origin to become pure spirit by the birth of soul.

The mortal soul is not of animal or material origin but is the mortal’s new morontia self which survives material death and becomes the quasi-material vehicle for our personality, memory, identity, selfhood, and repository for all experiential wisdom gained and spiritualization realized in the material/animal origin life.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/search?keys=Animal+origin&op=Search

0:5.12 (9.2) Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual. It may designate personal or impersonal realities, living or nonliving energies. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.

1:3.7 (26.1) In the inner experience of man, mind is joined to matter. Such material-linked minds cannot survive mortal death. The technique of survival is embraced in those adjustments of the human will and those transformations in the mortal mind whereby such a God-conscious intellect gradually becomes spirit taught and eventually spirit led. This evolution of the human mind from matter association to spirit union results in the transmutation of the potentially spirit phases of the mortal mind into the morontia realities of the immortal soul. Mortal mind subservient to matter is destined to become increasingly material and consequently to suffer eventual personality extinction; mind yielded to spirit is destined to become increasingly spiritual and ultimately to achieve oneness with the surviving and guiding divine spirit and in this way to attain survival and eternity of personality existence.

14:5.1 (158.4) On Urantia you pass through a short and intense test during your initial life of material existence. On the mansion worlds and up through your system, constellation, and local universe, you traverse the morontia phases of ascension. On the training worlds of the superuniverse you pass through the true spirit stages of progression and are prepared for eventual transit to Havona. On the seven circuits of Havona your attainment is intellectual, spiritual, and experiential. And there is a definite task to be achieved on each of the worlds of each of these circuits.

16:9.3 (195.9) If mortal man fails to survive natural death, the real spiritual values of his human experience survive as a part of the continuing experience of the Thought Adjuster. The personality values of such a nonsurvivor persist as a factor in the personality of the actualizing Supreme Being. Such persisting qualities of personality are deprived of identity but not of experiential values accumulated during the mortal life in the flesh. The survival of identity is dependent on the survival of the immortal soul of morontia status and increasingly divine value. Personality identity survives in and by the survival of the soul.

47:3.1 (532.7) On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity.

47:3.3 (533.1) The mortal-mind transcripts and the active creature-memory patterns as transformed from the material levels to the spiritual are the individual possession of the detached Thought Adjusters; these spiritized factors of mind, memory, and creature personality are forever a part of such Adjusters. The creature mind-matrix and the passive potentials of identity are present in the morontia soul intrusted to the keeping of the seraphic destiny guardians. And it is the reuniting of the morontia-soul trust of the seraphim and the spirit-mind trust of the Adjuster that reassembles creature personality and constitutes resurrection of a sleeping survivor.

47:4.4 (534.8) A newly developed and suitably adjusted morontia body is acquired at the time of each advance from one mansion world to another. You go to sleep with the seraphic transport and awake with the new but undeveloped body in the resurrection halls, much as when you first arrived on mansion world number one except that the Thought Adjuster does not leave you during these transit sleeps between the mansion worlds. Your personality remains intact after you once pass from the evolutionary worlds to the initial mansion world.

47:4.5 (535.1) Your Adjuster memory remains fully intact as you ascend the morontia life. Those mental associations that were purely animalistic and wholly material naturally perished with the physical brain, but everything in your mental life which was worth while, and which had survival value, was counterparted by the Adjuster and is retained as a part of personal memory all the way through the ascendant career. You will be conscious of all your worth-while experiences as you advance from one mansion world to another and from one section of the universe to another—even to Paradise.

47:4.6 (535.2) Though you have morontia bodies, you continue, through all seven of these worlds, to eat, drink, and rest. You partake of the morontia order of food, a kingdom of living energy unknown on the material worlds. Both food and water are fully utilized in the morontia body; there is no residual waste. Pause to consider: Mansonia number one is a very material sphere, presenting the early beginnings of the morontia regime. You are still a near human and not far removed from the limited viewpoints of mortal life, but each world discloses definite progress. From sphere to sphere you grow less material, more intellectual, and slightly more spiritual. The spiritual progress is greatest on the last three of these seven progressive worlds.

47:9.5 (539.2) You will greatly enjoy your progress through the seven dematerializing worlds; they are really demortalizing spheres. You are mostly human on the first mansion world, just a mortal being minus a material body, a human mind housed in a morontia form—a material body of the morontia world but not a mortal house of flesh and blood. You really pass from the mortal state to the immortal status at the time of Adjuster fusion, and by the time you have finished the Jerusem career, you will be full-fledged morontians.

47:10.4 (539.6) After mortals have attained residence on the system headquarters, no more literal resurrections will be experienced. The morontia form granted you on departure from the mansion world career is such as will see you through to the end of the local universe experience. Changes will be made from time to time, but you will retain this same form until you bid it farewell when you emerge as first-stage spirits preparatory for transit to the superuniverse worlds of ascending culture and spirit training.

47:10.5 (540.1) Seven times do those mortals who pass through the entire mansonia career experience the adjustment sleep and the resurrection awakening. But the last resurrection hall, the final awakening chamber, was left behind on the seventh mansion world. No more will a form-change necessitate the lapse of consciousness or a break in the continuity of personal memory.

47:10.6 (540.2) The mortal personality initiated on the evolutionary worlds and tabernacled in the flesh—indwelt by the Mystery Monitors and invested by the Spirit of Truth—is not fully mobilized, realized, and unified until that day when such a Jerusem citizen is given clearance for Edentia and proclaimed a true member of the morontia corps of Nebadon—an immortal survivor of Adjuster association, a Paradise ascender, a personality of morontia status, and a true child of the Most Highs.

47:10.7 (540.3) Mortal death is a technique of escape from the material life in the flesh; and the mansonia experience of progressive life through seven worlds of corrective training and cultural education represents the introduction of mortal survivors to the morontia career, the transition life which intervenes between the evolutionary material existence and the higher spirit attainment of the ascenders of time who are destined to achieve the portals of eternity.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So…”soul” is a word that is unique to the mortal beings of time.  No celestials have a soul.  Deity does not have a soul.  Animals do not have a soul.  Not all mortals or humans have a soul.

A soul is created by a mortal/human by being connected to the spirit and being normal minded sufficiently to make a moral choice.  Morality and altruism are evidence of a “fully functional” mortal/human.  One does not need specific knowledge or a certain level of intelligence to be fully functional and normal minded.  One does not need certain knowledge or hold any specific beliefs to give birth to soul and have religious experience.  Indeed, one may hold false beliefs and be quite unlearned and ignorant and still have deep and effective spiritual transcendence and a meaningful and progressive faith based religious experience.

The word soul is contained in over 500 quotes in the UB from cover to cover and makes a most interesting search word and study:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=soul&zoom_per_page=100&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

(8.5) 0:5.5 The Universal Father is the secret of the reality of personality, the bestowal of personality, and the destiny of personality. The Eternal Son is the absolute personality, the secret of spiritual energy, morontia spirits, and perfected spirits. The Conjoint Actor is the spirit-mind personality, the source of intelligence, reason, and the universal mind. But the Isle of Paradise is nonpersonal and extraspiritual, being the essence of the universal body, the source and center of physical matter, and the absolute master pattern of universal material reality.

(8.6) 0:5.6 These qualities of universal reality are manifest in Urantian human experience on the following levels:

(8.7) 0:5.7 1. Body. The material or physical organism of man. The living electrochemical mechanism of animal nature and origin.

(8.8) 0:5.8 2. Mind. The thinking, perceiving, and feeling mechanism of the human organism. The total conscious and unconscious experience. The intelligence associated with the emotional life reaching upward through worship and wisdom to the spirit level.

(8.9) 0:5.9 3. Spirit. The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man — the Thought Adjuster. This immortal spirit is prepersonal — not a personality, though destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature.

(8.10) 0:5.10 4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven,” so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual — it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.

(9.1) 0:5.11 Personality. The personality of mortal man is neither body, mind, nor spirit; neither is it the soul. Personality is the one changeless reality in an otherwise ever-changing creature experience; and it unifies all other associated factors of individuality. The personality is the unique bestowal which the Universal Father makes upon the living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit, and which survives with the survival of the morontial soul.

(1217.6) 111:2.2 The material mind of mortal man is the cosmic loom that carries the morontia fabrics on which the indwelling Thought Adjuster threads the spirit patterns of a universe character of enduring values and divine meanings — a surviving soul of ultimate destiny and unending career, a potential finaliter.

(1218.1) 111:2.3 The human personality is identified with mind and spirit held together in functional relationship by life in a material body. This functioning relationship of such mind and spirit does not result in some combination of the qualities or attributes of mind and spirit but rather in an entirely new, original, and unique universe value of potentially eternal endurance, the soul.

(1218.2) 111:2.4 There are three and not two factors in the evolutionary creation of such an immortal soul. These three antecedents of the morontia human soul are:

(1218.3) 111:2.5 1. The human mind and all cosmic influences antecedent thereto and impinging thereon.

(1218.4) 111:2.6 2. The divine spirit indwelling this human mind and all potentials inherent in such a fragment of absolute spirituality together with all associated spiritual influences and factors in human life.

(1218.5) 111:2.7 3. The relationship between material mind and divine spirit, which connotes a value and carries a meaning not found in either of the contributing factors to such an association. The reality of this unique relationship is neither material nor spiritual but morontial. It is the soul.

(1218.6) 111:2.8 The midway creatures have long denominated this evolving soul of man the mid-mind in contradistinction to the lower or material mind and the higher or cosmic mind. This mid-mind is really a morontia phenomenon since it exists in the realm between the material and the spiritual. The potential of such a morontia evolution is inherent in the two universal urges of mind: the impulse of the finite mind of the creature to know God and attain the divinity of the Creator, and the impulse of the infinite mind of the Creator to know man and attain the experience of the creature.

(1218.7) 111:2.9 This supernal transaction of evolving the immortal soul is made possible because the mortal mind is first personal and second is in contact with superanimal realities; it possesses a supermaterial endowment of cosmic ministry which insures the evolution of a moral nature capable of making moral decisions, thereby effecting a bona fide creative contact with the associated spiritual ministries and with the indwelling Thought Adjuster.

(1218.8) 111:2.10 The inevitable result of such a contactual spiritualization of the human mind is the gradual birth of a soul, the joint offspring of an adjutant mind dominated by a human will that craves to know God, working in liaison with the spiritual forces of the universe which are under the overcontrol of an actual fragment of the very God of all creation — the Mystery Monitor. And thus does the material and mortal reality of the self transcend the temporal limitations of the physical-life machine and attain a new expression and a new identification in the evolving vehicle for selfhood continuity, the morontia and immortal soul.

Alain
    Alain
    Participant

A very refreshing review Bradly. Most inspiring also.

Thanks on my part.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bradly, your intro makes a great starter for anyone who’s heard the word “soul”, and wondered what it means  :good:

One thing which jumps out — from this unique perspective onto soul — is that the unique, individual Adjuster breathing light and life into our soul has experientially phase-changed from the status of Virgin Adjuster (and possibly Advanced and Supreme) earning sufficient capacity and experience literally to “father our soul” ?!

And once fused with our unique gift of personality, this now personalized Adjuster becomes… breathtaking!

If Nameless still wonders “Who/Why are we“, does this insight into soul offer a hint?

Nigel

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thank you Alain…and Nigel!  ;-)

Yes Nigel…when I said earlier that we (mere) mortals have value – well that opens so much for consideration and discovery!  Especially regarding the God Fragments/Thought Adjuster.

The virgin prepersonal TA’s appear very keen for their mortal mind indwelling assignments which they volunteer for and, apparently, apply and compete for.  This divine indwelling is their chance for attaining personalization and experiential progress and wisdom in the actualization adventure of evolutionary reality!  By fusion with a mortal soul/being does a whole new Being become realized and actualized in ways which deliver new forms of potential to all of creation.  Indeed only now are we given name and number in the rollcall registry of the Central Universe.

We are somebody…forevermore.  The adventure of time and living and being and becoming are eternal.  The existential TA without beginning unified in one evolutionary mortal being without end.  The TA’s are then considered not only personalized but also experiential in nature.  Both the mortal and the TA become transformed into a whole new BEING.

Be advised that mortals are always considered to be mortal beings.  Even upon fusion and as pure spirit Finaliters we remain always mortals.  Mortal acknowledges our material origin in time.  We become immortal mortals upon fusion.  So does our TA.  Remember, we are fused and united into a whole new Being…but one unified being with but one personality – the mortal’s personality.  This is the prize TA’s seek!

By this experience of mortal mind endowment ministry and with the acievement of fusion, the existential prepersonal God Fragments have also become experiential partners with Experiential Deity, the Supreme.   The evolutionary adventure of time and space gains new and extraordinary potentials for realization, expression,  actualization,  and eventuation by fusion with the mortal soul.

So….now the discovery and consideration of soul has opened so many other exciting topics:

Our personal connections to Deity and the Gravity Circuits of Deity; personalization and humanization; the Supreme; evolutionary progress and experiential wisdom;  mortal destiny as well as origin; God’s purpose and plan in time; and our relationship with the other children of time in this friendly universe and eternal adventure!

27:7.8 (305.1) After the attainment of the supreme satisfaction of the fullness of worship, you are qualified for admission to the Corps of the Finality. The ascendant career is well-nigh finished, and the seventh jubilee prepares for celebration. The first jubilee marked the mortal agreement with the Thought Adjuster when the purpose to survive was sealed; the second was the awakening in the morontia life; the third was the fusion with the Thought Adjuster; the fourth was the awakening in Havona; the fifth celebrated the finding of the Universal Father; and the sixth jubilee was the occasion of the Paradise awakening from the final transit slumber of time. The seventh jubilee marks entrance into the mortal finaliter corps and the beginning of the eternity service. The attainment of the seventh stage of spirit realization by a finaliter will probably signalize the celebration of the first of the jubilees of eternity.

Me here:  Let us not limit the glory and grandeur of the mortal adventure to the circumscribed and limiting primitive human belief in reincarnation when the origin of the myth and the reality of our destiny is so much greater in fact and truth.  The mythology of prior lives pales in comparison to its source…the teachings by the Prince’s staff, the Garden, Melchizedek, Jesus, the UB and countless others of the reality of a progressive, experiential, perfecting, and eternal adventure!

107:2.7 (1179.1) 6. Fused Adjusters—finaliters—those who have become one with the ascending creatures of the superuniverses, the eternity partners of the time ascenders of the Paradise Corps of the Finality. Thought Adjusters ordinarily become fused with the ascending mortals of time, and with such surviving mortals they are registered in and out of Ascendington; they follow the course of ascendant beings. Upon fusion with the ascending evolutionary soul, it appears that the Adjuster translates from the absolute existential level of the universe to the finite experiential level of functional association with an ascending personality. While retaining all of the character of the existential divine nature, a fused Adjuster becomes indissolubly linked with the ascending career of a surviving mortal.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Mortal mind is not the brain.  The material brain is the bio/electro/chemical mechanism with which the ministry of mind is functionally connected.  It is, perhaps, analogous to a hard drive and the software.  The brain requires mind for function.

Does mind require a material brain to function?  No.  Except in material creatures that is.    Humans require a brain to connect to the mind circuitry of the universe.  But not morontial beings or pure spirit beings.

But the soul is also minded.  It is minded, connected to the universe mind circuits the same as angels and other celestials – the morontia mind.   Thusly does the soul have capacities of knowing, growing, learning, memories, wisdom, and spiritization….and surviving the death of the material body and brain.

107:0.6 (1176.6) The Adjuster is an absolute essence of an infinite being imprisoned within the mind of a finite creature which, depending on the choosing of such a mortal, can eventually consummate this temporary union of God and man and veritably actualize a new order of being for unending universe service. The Adjuster is the divine universe reality which factualizes the truth that God is man’s Father. The Adjuster is man’s infallible cosmic compass, always and unerringly pointing the soul Godward.

5. The Adjuster’s Mission

108:5.1 (1191.2) The Adjusters accept a difficult assignment when they volunteer to indwell such composite beings as live on Urantia. But they have assumed the task of existing in your minds, there to receive the admonitions of the spiritual intelligences of the realms and then to undertake to redictate or translate these spiritual messages to the material mind; they are indispensable to the Paradise ascension.

108:5.2 (1191.3) What the Thought Adjuster cannot utilize in your present life, those truths which he cannot successfully transmit to the man of his betrothal, he will faithfully preserve for use in the next stage of existence, just as he now carries over from circle to circle those items which he fails to register in the experience of the human subject, owing to the creature’s inability, or failure, to give a sufficient degree of co-operation.

108:5.3 (1191.4) One thing you can depend upon: The Adjusters will never lose anything committed to their care; never have we known these spirit helpers to default. Angels and other high types of spirit beings, not excepting the local universe type of Sons, may occasionally embrace evil, may sometimes depart from the divine way, but Adjusters never falter. They are absolutely dependable, and this is equally true of all seven groups.

108:5.4 (1191.5) Your Adjuster is the potential of your new and next order of existence, the advance bestowal of your eternal sonship with God. By and with the consent of your will, the Adjuster has the power to subject the creature trends of the material mind to the transforming actions of the motivations and purposes of the emerging morontial soul.

108:5.5 (1191.6) The Mystery Monitors are not thought helpers; they are thought adjusters. They labor with the material mind for the purpose of constructing, by adjustment and spiritualization, a new mind for the new worlds and the new name of your future career. Their mission chiefly concerns the future life, not this life. They are called heavenly helpers, not earthly helpers. They are not interested in making the mortal career easy; rather are they concerned in making your life reasonably difficult and rugged, so that decisions will be stimulated and multiplied. The presence of a great Thought Adjuster does not bestow ease of living and freedom from strenuous thinking, but such a divine gift should confer a sublime peace of mind and a superb tranquillity of spirit.

108:5.6 (1192.1) Your transient and ever-changing emotions of joy and sorrow are in the main purely human and material reactions to your internal psychic climate and to your external material environment. Do not, therefore, look to the Adjuster for selfish consolation and mortal comfort. It is the business of the Adjuster to prepare you for the eternal adventure, to assure your survival. It is not the mission of the Mystery Monitor to smooth your ruffled feelings or to minister to your injured pride; it is the preparation of your soul for the long ascending career that engages the attention and occupies the time of the Adjuster.

108:5.7 (1192.2) I doubt that I am able to explain to you just what the Adjusters do in your minds and for your souls. I do not know that I am fully cognizant of what is really going on in the cosmic association of a divine Monitor and a human mind. It is all somewhat of a mystery to us, not as to the plan and purpose but as to the actual mode of accomplishment. And this is just why we are confronted with such difficulty in finding an appropriate name for these supernal gifts to mortal men.

108:6.4 (1193.3) The Adjuster is the wellspring of spiritual attainment and the hope of divine character within you. He is the power, privilege, and the possibility of survival, which so fully and forever distinguishes you from mere animal creatures. He is the higher and truly internal spiritual stimulus of thought in contrast with the external and physical stimulus, which reaches the mind over the nerve-energy mechanism of the material body.

108:6.5 (1193.4) These faithful custodians of the future career unfailingly duplicate every mental creation with a spiritual counterpart; they are thus slowly and surely re-creating you as you really are (only spiritually) for resurrection on the survival worlds. And all of these exquisite spirit re-creations are being preserved in the emerging reality of your evolving and immortal soul, your morontia self. These realities are actually there, notwithstanding that the Adjuster is seldom able to exalt these duplicate creations sufficiently to exhibit them to the light of consciousness.

108:6.6 (1193.5) And as you are the human parent, so is the Adjuster the divine parent of the real you, your higher and advancing self, your better morontial and future spiritual self. And it is this evolving morontial soul that the judges and censors discern when they decree your survival and pass you upward to new worlds and never-ending existence in eternal liaison with your faithful partner—God, the Adjuster.

108:6.7 (1193.6) The Adjusters are the eternal ancestors, the divine originals, of your evolving immortal souls; they are the unceasing urge that leads man to attempt the mastery of the material and present existence in the light of the spiritual and future career. The Monitors are the prisoners of undying hope, the founts of everlasting progression. And how they do enjoy communicating with their subjects in more or less direct channels! How they rejoice when they can dispense with symbols and other methods of indirection and flash their messages straight to the intellects of their human partners!

108:6.8 (1194.1) You humans have begun an endless unfolding of an almost infinite panorama, a limitless expanding of never-ending, ever-widening spheres of opportunity for exhilarating service, matchless adventure, sublime uncertainty, and boundless attainment. When the clouds gather overhead, your faith should accept the fact of the presence of the indwelling Adjuster, and thus you should be able to look beyond the mists of mortal uncertainty into the clear shining of the sun of eternal righteousness on the beckoning heights of the mansion worlds of Satania.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Value of soul

Bradly, in your opening Soul post #42281 on August 24 you wrote: Again….great questions….so many related issues to consider!!

And in post # 42289 on August 26: Our lives matter.  We have value.

It seems to me value is a supremely important concept to consider while thinking of souls. It is inferred in the Father’s eternal invitation to be perfect even as He is perfect. The “Great Inventor” loves and supremely values his “inventees!” We are so valuable there is set in motion a gigantic plan to perfect us upward to Paradise!

Taking off on your “We have value” reminder, I did a word search in TUB for “value, “valued”, “valueless”, and “values.” The total count for all is 593. Value and values are used the most, many by the Master. For here I concentrated on those two words and a few for valued.

This was an interesting study which, IMHO, substantiates importance of your soul study in response to Bart’s concerns and questions. After all is said, why all the spiritual provisions, management and effort unless there is enduring value for each individual? We are so valued that progress and personal improvement is divinely, freely offered!

I found 210 hits on value, 369 for values, 8 for valued and 6 on valueless. Listed here are only those that seemed directly appropriate for the soul study:     40 from value, 26 for values and 2 for valued. These selections affirm value for each person and each teaching leads a reader to greater affirmation of potential valuable contribution to the Supreme Being, as you reminded us. Perhaps there is value in reviewing all these selections? (Could we have a smile here, please?)

I suggest a reading of the following to aid increasing comprehension of value for each of us, as they say, in the long run, but beginning now. There are too many to list all selections here. Each selection directly or (close) indirectly supports the soul importance, even perhaps a personal improvement discussion.

For the word value the following selections, a few with brief comment:

0:2.1

1:1.2

5:6.3

For qualitative value relating to the Son’s drawing men – 7:1.3

Our petitions – 7:3.3

7:3.5

In the “hearts of creatures” 7:6.8

“Personality value” – 10:5.1

“Transcendent value of each will creature” – 12:7.9

“value to personality” – 12:8.15

“..soul of Morontia states and…..” – 16:9.3

Choice, value – 39:4.14

Adjuster value – 40:9.7

“worth while” – 47:4.5

“individual character” – 81:6.6

“inspirational value” – 99:5.5

“supreme value of human life” – 100:3.6

And this one I’ve attempted to find for quite a while: “Jesus loved men so much because he placed such a high value upon them.” – 100:4.4       (Thank you for helping me to find this!)

102:3.9

103:8.6

108:1.6

109:3.2

109:6.2

109:6.7

110:6.18

111:2.3

111:3.3

111:3.7

111:5.1

112:1.13

112:2.20

112:6.9

112:7.6

117:4.10

And mentioning soul – 133:6.5

147:5.7

“more value than sparrows” -150:4.3 and 165:3.4; “than birds” – 165:5.2

“dignity” – 170:2.6

“value upon men” – 196:2.10

For the word valued:
    140:8.22 and salt at 143:5.2

For the word values:

“coordinated values” -0:1.1

“personality values” – 1:6.6

“personality experience” – 2:7.12

7:3.2

“survive natural death” – 16:9.3

16:9.13 (the entire #4)

49:6.8

“effort and decision” – 50:6.3

Prayer value for individuals 91:3.3

“God-knowing soul” – 102:6.5

110:1.2

110:4.4

110:7.4 and 5

111:4.2

112:4.2

112:7.2

113:6.1

117:5.8

130:2.9

132:2.8 and 9

155:3.7

Rodan’s comments 160:2.1

I guess the only real and lasting “value” is the value the individual has for their own soul….no one else can do that for you…if anyone tries, give them the classic one-liner – “Mind your own business”…. :-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant
    Thanks Mark…lots of value in your sharing!!
    ;-)

I guess the only real and lasting “value” is the value the individual has for their own soul….no one else can do that for you…if anyone tries, give them the classic one-liner – “Mind your own business”…. :-)

A direct contradiction of the UB and everything posted here so far…including the text already posted!

If the only value a life has is to itself then it has little or no value at all and is an irrelevant expression of self importance…and cosmic insanity.

The value of every being is meaured, defined, and demonstrated by its value to other beings.

Indeed, soul is not even born until we recognize the “value” of others.  And soul only grows and survives by the values discovered in relationships, service, and the brotherhood and sisterhood of creation.

We are important to others…individual others and all others.  And others are important to us…individual others and all others.  Or we are of no importance and value at all…..

;-)

5:4.3 (67.1) God is not only the determiner of destiny; he is man’s eternal destination. All nonreligious human activities seek to bend the universe to the distorting service of self; the truly religious individual seeks to identify the self with the universe and then to dedicate the activities of this unified self to the service of the universe family of fellow beings, human and superhuman.

5:5.4 (68.7) Moral conduct is always an antecedent of evolved religion and a part of even revealed religion, but never the whole of religious experience. Social service is the result of moral thinking and religious living. Morality does not biologically lead to the higher spiritual levels of religious experience. The adoration of the abstract beautiful is not the worship of God; neither is exaltation of nature nor the reverence of unity the worship of God.

5:5.5 (68.8) Evolutionary religion is the mother of the science, art, and philosophy which elevated man to the level of receptivity to revealed religion, including the bestowal of Adjusters and the coming of the Spirit of Truth. The evolutionary picture of human existence begins and ends with religion, albeit very different qualities of religion, one evolutional and biological, the other revelational and periodical. And so, while religion is normal and natural to man, it is also optional. Man does not have to be religious against his will.

9:8.25 (107.13) The spirit personalities of the vast family of the Divine and Infinite Spirit are forever dedicated to the service of the ministry of the love of God and the mercy of the Son to all the intelligent creatures of the evolutionary worlds of time and space. These spirit beings constitute the living ladder whereby mortal man climbs from chaos to glory.

12:7.10 (138.5) This very love of God for the individual brings into being the divine family of all individuals, the universal brotherhood of the freewill children of the Paradise Father. And this brotherhood, being universal, is a relationship of the whole. Brotherhood, when universal, discloses not the each relationship, but the all relationship. Brotherhood is a reality of the total and therefore discloses qualities of the whole in contradistinction to qualities of the part.

12:7.11 (138.6) Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence. No person can escape the benefits or the penalties that may come as a result of relationship to other persons. The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. The good effort of each man benefits all men; the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men. As moves the part, so moves the whole. As the progress of the whole, so the progress of the part. The relative velocities of part and whole determine whether the part is retarded by the inertia of the whole or is carried forward by the momentum of the cosmic brotherhood.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

101:3.1 (1107.8) Religion is so vital that it persists in the absence of learning. It lives in spite of its contamination with erroneous cosmologies and false philosophies; it survives even the confusion of metaphysics. In and through all the historic vicissitudes of religion there ever persists that which is indispensable to human progress and survival: the ethical conscience and the moral consciousness.

101:3.2 (1108.1) Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father’s gift to man. Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men. And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments constitute man a spirit personality in potential destiny.

101:3.3 (1108.2) It is this same spirit personality, in primitive and embryonic form, the Adjuster possession of which survives the natural death in the flesh. This composite entity of spirit origin in association with human experience is enabled, by means of the living way provided by the divine Sons, to survive (in Adjuster custody) the dissolution of the material self of mind and matter when such a transient partnership of the material and the spiritual is divorced by the cessation of vital motion.

101:3.4 (1108.3) Through religious faith the soul of man reveals itself and demonstrates the potential divinity of its emerging nature by the characteristic manner in which it induces the mortal personality to react to certain trying intellectual and testing social situations. Genuine spiritual faith (true moral consciousness) is revealed in that it:

101:3.5 (1108.4) 1. Causes ethics and morals to progress despite inherent and adverse animalistic tendencies.

101:3.6 (1108.5) 2. Produces a sublime trust in the goodness of God even in the face of bitter disappointment and crushing defeat.

101:3.7 (1108.6) 3. Generates profound courage and confidence despite natural adversity and physical calamity.

101:3.8 (1108.7) 4. Exhibits inexplicable poise and sustaining tranquillity notwithstanding baffling diseases and even acute physical suffering.

101:3.9 (1108.8) 5. Maintains a mysterious poise and composure of personality in the face of maltreatment and the rankest injustice.

101:3.10 (1108.9) 6. Maintains a divine trust in ultimate victory in spite of the cruelties of seemingly blind fate and the apparent utter indifference of natural forces to human welfare.

101:3.11 (1108.10) 7. Persists in the unswerving belief in God despite all contrary demonstrations of logic and successfully withstands all other intellectual sophistries.

101:3.12 (1108.11) 8. Continues to exhibit undaunted faith in the soul’s survival regardless of the deceptive teachings of false science and the persuasive delusions of unsound philosophy.

101:3.13 (1108.12) 9. Lives and triumphs irrespective of the crushing overload of the complex and partial civilizations of modern times.

101:3.14 (1108.13) 10. Contributes to the continued survival of altruism in spite of human selfishness, social antagonisms, industrial greeds, and political maladjustments.

101:3.15 (1108.14) 11. Steadfastly adheres to a sublime belief in universe unity and divine guidance regardless of the perplexing presence of evil and sin.

101:3.16 (1108.15) 12. Goes right on worshiping God in spite of anything and everything. Dares to declare, “Even though he slay me, yet will I serve him.”

101:3.17 (1108.16) We know, then, by three phenomena, that man has a divine spirit or spirits dwelling within him: first, by personal experience—religious faith; second, by revelation—personal and racial; and third, by the amazing exhibition of such extraordinary and unnatural reactions to his material environment as are illustrated by the foregoing recital of twelve spiritlike performances in the presence of the actual and trying situations of real human existence. And there are still others.

101:3.18 (1109.1) And it is just such a vital and vigorous performance of faith in the domain of religion that entitles mortal man to affirm the personal possession and spiritual reality of that crowning endowment of human nature, religious experience.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

This, Bradley, is what psychology calls a “transactional relationship” –

“….The value of every being is meaured, defined, and demonstrated by its value to other beings….”

O.M.G.  100% luciferian cosmic insanity – that’s right – that’s in the UB right, too, but not as a suggestion….

Divine Minister noted that re-making God in man’s image was not as stupid as mechanizing the First Source and Center….

FACT IN UB ABOUT HUMAN SPECIES – When Andon and Fonta lit up the 6th and 7th Mind Circuit about a million years ago,

they and most of their progeny became the FIRST and ONLY “species” of Human Beings in the Nursery of Life.

The Human Species – the First Family of Andon and Fonta – shared the planet with animals for 500,000 years.  No one else was in charge of how that went – celestial observers, yes, tyrants, no

On planets where rebellion did not pollute the MIND connection to Spirit Gravity for the Human Species like what happened on Earth,

not only are there no “bradlys” making it a CRIME using some 250,000 year old luciferian political machination schtick

to ask the PHILOSOPHICAL question “who/why are we?”

He wants to make sure you never find the answer because HE has appointed himself the “value” placer of your soul.  LOL.  Delusional.

Bottom line – the Human Species are Children of God.  Period. Full stop.

My “soul” is not your “soul”.

MY VALUE of MY SOUL is the “value”.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Just to be clear…rebellion did not and cannot pollute or affect or disrupt or weaken the Mind Gravity Circuit or the Spirit Gravity Circuit or the Personality Gravity Circuit.

And each of those circuits is distinct one from the others.  All connections to Spirit mind ministries and Gravity Circuits are in full operation and effect and always have been…for Urantia’s entire million year history as an inhabited world.

All 7 Adjutants have remained connected to mortal mind and fully functional as well as Cosmic Mind and the Holy Spirit and the God Fragments.   These ministries to mortal mind and soul are personal AND planetary AND universal in their presence and power and function.

These ministries of personal connection are impervious to and unassailable by any and all forms of evil, sin, and iniquity by any being related to their function to any being, and especially so any other beings.  Any individual’s sin does affect their own personal response to the Spirit connection and may indeed weaken any Deity Gravity Circuit effects on THAT mortal or celestial.

But no person’s sins and no collective sins can deprive anyone of the Divine Connection to each being…according to text already posted here.  We suffer repercussions from the rebellion, personally and collectively, but the text is very clear and redundant – no one suffers separation or isolation from God because of anything anyone else ever did or does or ever can do or will do.

More contradictions of the UB here by Nameless in his blame and paranoia and false claims about those teachings we study here.  There is no “original sin” or “fall of man” or collective punishments or global redemptions or atonements…all pure primitive superstitious falsehoods perpetuated by the fears and ignorance of some.

Unfortunately we witness such primitive and uninformed thinking and believing and proclaiming here.  So sad.

:-(

89:0.1 (974.1) PRIMITIVE man regarded himself as being in debt to the spirits, as standing in need of redemption. As the savages looked at it, in justice the spirits might have visited much more bad luck upon them. As time passed, this concept developed into the doctrine of sin and salvation. The soul was looked upon as coming into the world under forfeit—original sin. The soul must be ransomed; a scapegoat must be provided. ….

89:0.2 (974.2) The savage was early possessed with the notion that spirits derive supreme satisfaction from the sight of human misery, suffering, and humiliation. At first, man was only concerned with sins of commission, but later he became exercised over sins of omission. And the whole subsequent sacrificial system grew up around these two ideas. This new ritual had to do with the observance of the propitiation ceremonies of sacrifice. Primitive man believed that something special must be done to win the favor of the gods; only advanced civilization recognizes a consistently even-tempered and benevolent God. Propitiation was insurance against immediate ill luck rather than investment in future bliss. And the rituals of avoidance, exorcism, coercion, and propitiation all merge into one another.

74:8.13 (838.5) The Christian teachers perpetuated the belief in the fiat creation of the human race, and all this led directly to the formation of the hypothesis of a onetime golden age of utopian bliss and the theory of the fall of man or superman which accounted for the nonutopian condition of society. These outlooks on life and man’s place in the universe were at best discouraging since they were predicated upon a belief in retrogression rather than progression, as well as implying a vengeful Deity, who had vented wrath upon the human race in retribution for the errors of certain onetime planetary administrators.

74:8.14 (838.6) The “golden age” is a myth….

75:8.2 (846.1) There has been no “fall of man.” The history of the human race is one of progressive evolution, and the Adamic bestowal left the world peoples greatly improved over their previous biologic condition….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.