Something different

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Something different

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

how about a topic about “unrevealed”

i get over a hundred hits using the forum search device.

if something is determined by the authors to be “unrevealed” why isn’t there blank pages?

Anonymous
    Inactive

if something is determined by the authors to be “unrevealed” why isn’t there blank pages?

I guess it would depend on the authors intended meaning of “revealed” in that the UB is considered a “revelation” wherein something is “revealed” that may otherwise be hidden? Or, in some cases “not seen”, “veiled” or “not disclosed”, similar to “sub-” as a prefix, like sub-conscious.

In the following UB narration, this word is used however, explained in a way as to reveal its components even when it cannot be seen or understood because it cannot be seen, yet it does exist.

(122.2) 11:5.2 1. Directly underneath the location of the Trinity, in the central portion of nether Paradise, is the unknown and unrevealed Zone of Infinity.
    (122.3) 11:5.3 2. This Zone is immediately surrounded by an unnamed area.
    (122.4) 11:5.4 3. Occupying the outer margins of the under surface is a region having mainly to do with space potency and force-energy. The activities of this vast elliptical force center are not identifiable with the known functions of any triunity, but the primordial force-charge of space appears to be focalized in this area. This center consists of three concentric elliptical zones: The innermost is the focal point of the force-energy activities of Paradise itself; the outermost may possibly be identified with the functions of the Unqualified Absolute, but we are not certain concerning the space functions of the mid-zone.

In the case as above, because that which is being described is “underneath” where “sub-” would apply, and being that it is being described here, and indicated as being “unknown”, but not to the describer, however “unknown” to us or the reader, and “unrevealed” or out of sight, because it is positioned “under surface”, in relation to “space” might indicate that there is an “unrevealed” portion of “space”, unseen, yet inclusive of revealed-space, thereby, could be considered as “sub-space”.  Being that this area is being described, indicates the knowledge thereof, yet “unknown and unrevealed” to whom? not from the author but from us or the reader.  Therefore, that which is “unrevealed” is being revealed to us, thereby, no blank pages.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I would think unrevealed within TUB context means not part of the revelation corpus; basically, revelation details are not furnished regarding the unrevealed item.

BB

paul_pdx
    paul_pdx
    Participant

There’s lotsa places in the Ubook where they give “disclaimers” about the limits of revelation.

Their messages is: we’re giving what you can handle and it needs to last for a long time.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

If you haven’t read it, there’s a topic here on the speculations of the authors….things that are not only “unrevealed” to us but are also not revealed or not understood by the authors of the Papers.  Lots of links to related words.  Fascinating study!

Thanks Gene for the sense of humor regarding “blank pages”….hahahahaha….very funny.  I deal with lots of business forms with blank pages printed with “This Page Left Intentionally Blank”……WHY?????!!!!!  A waste of paper!

Enjoy:

https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/speculation-in-the-urantia-book/

:-)

Gene
    Participant

Hey Bradley, here’s one for undisclosed that is not stated as undisclosed and the being presented actually does work on Urantia. It is taken from paper 67:6 Van the Steadfast.

I put it here as opposed to your thread on the same. I’m certain you did not miss it, I highlighted below the reference to an subordinate angel, someone less than Charibum obviously, and charibum being the lowest revealed and closest to us angel.

another thought is a reference in Hebrews to maybe the same being stating we should be careful and treat strangers well as they may be an angel.

“The affairs of Urantia were for a long time administered by a council of planetary receivers, twelve Melchizedeks, confirmed by the mandate of the senior constellation ruler, the Most High Father of Norlatiadek. Associated with the Melchizedek receivers was an advisory council consisting of: one of the loyal aids of the fallen Prince, the two resident Life Carriers, a Trinitized Son in apprenticeship training, a volunteer Teacher Son, a Brilliant Evening Star of Avalon (periodically), the chiefs of seraphim and cherubim, advisers from two neighboring planets, the director general of subordinate angelic life, and Van, the commander in chief of the midway creatures. And thus was Urantia governed and administered until the arrival of Adam. It is not strange that the courageous and loyal Van was assigned a place on the council of planetary re- ceivers which for so long administered the affairs of Urantia.”

what do you think?

dont tell me subordinate means an angel that works for her boss. This is sub- less than. And maybe there is a cross reference in the “unrevealed angels” paper? I’m being lazy.

also, just before the reference we are told the chiefs of Saraphem and Charibum were there.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . . “disclaimers” about the limits of revelation.

Welcome to the forum.  Do you think there is a difference between “the limits of revelation” and the revelator’s use of the word “unrevealed”?  I think there is a difference.  Thank you.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

For example, regarding the Sacred Spheres of Paradise, a Perfector of Wisdom reveals the following:

13:1.6   This sphere also holds the secrets of the nature, purpose, and activities of all other forms of Father fragments, of the Gravity Messengers, and of hosts of other beings unrevealed to you. It is highly probable that those truths pertaining to Divinington which are withheld from me, if revealed, would merely confuse and handicap me in my present work, and still again, perhaps they are beyond the conceptual capacity of my order of being.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Or this, regarding the revelations sponsored by a Universal Censor pertaining to the Seven Master Spirits:

16:4.5   Unquestionably, when we encounter the functional activities of the various Morontia Power Supervisors, we are face to face with certain of the unrevealed activities of the Master Spirits. Who, aside from these ancestors of both physical controllers and spirit ministers, could have contrived so to combine and associate material and spiritual energies as to produce a hitherto nonexistent phase of universe reality — morontia substance and morontia mind?
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Or this one from a Perfector of Wisdom regarding the destiny of Master Michaels:

21:6.1   No one may with finality of authority presume to discuss either the natures or the destinies of the sevenfold Master Sovereigns of the local universes; nevertheless, we all speculate much regarding these matters. We are taught, and we believe, that each Paradise Michael is the absolute of the dual deity concepts of his origin; thus he embodies actual phases of the infinity of the Universal Father and the Eternal Son. The Michaels must be partial in relation to total infinity, but they are probably absolute in relation to that part of infinity concerned in their origin. But as we observe their work in the present universe age, we detect no action that is more than finite; any conjectured superfinite capacities must be self-contained and as yet unrevealed.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Here’s one more for our mutual edification by a Divine Counselor, in the Paper about Solitary Messengers.

23:2.11   1. Messengers of the Paradise Trinity. I am not permitted to reveal much of the work of the group of messengers assigned to the Trinity. They are the trusted and secret servants of the Deities, and when intrusted with special messages which involve the unrevealed policies and future conduct of the Gods, they have never been known to divulge a secret or betray the confidence reposed in their order. And all this is related in this connection, not to appear boastful of their perfection, but rather to point out that the Deities can and do create perfect beings.
    Gene
    Participant

And then there are the other six undisclosed purposes of the cosmos other than the ascension plan that we are becoming familiar with.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.