SERVICE (fruits of the Spirit)

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions SERVICE (fruits of the Spirit)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    salensaturn
    Participant

I would like to share a simple analogy about: Service

What happens when we have been studying for years and finally get our degree ?

if a medical doctor, then will be eager to go and cure people, right?

If an architect, then will ty to make nice designs and to get them built….

If a young learned how to fix a motor, will be anxious to see the client’s happy face when pick up the car and feel the satisfaction of a work well done

And so on,

therefore it is natural that at the moment that we feel as son/daughter of God then our soul make us feel in our heart the need to share that happiness and to serve; it witness that we have become cosmic citizens and recognized that we are all brothers and sisters trying to have a better understanding of our great Universal Father and with this knowledge each one of us will do a mayor effort to be like him, to do his will and to be perfect as he want us to be!

Greetings

SalEnSatUrn

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

SalEnSatUrn,

That name must mean something, as in an abbreviation for something important, perhaps as for Nebadon authority levels, maybe?

Reading your post above I recalled reading about Jesus and his satisfaction from doing good work. Note this from Paper 134, section 9 and paragraph 7:

“During this final period of Jesus’ work at the boat shop, he spent most of his time on the interior finishing of some of the larger craft. He took great pains with all his handiwork and seemed to experience the satisfaction of human achievement when he had completed a commendable piece of work.”

Consider what might have been his feelings or concept before he started a task or given an assignment. He might have felt confident or unsure, but he took the time to learn and then he enjoyed success. He did his work well for others!

He felt he’d done a good job, which I think is the feeling and satisfaction you are inferring when a person completes or achieves something important. He never bragged and never called special attention to his skills. He served well and people benefitted from his skills.

More could be said. Let’s hear from others also on this excellent analogy!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings!  A little mota…

48:7.13 (556.13) 11. The weak indulge in resolutions, but the strong act. Life is but a day’s work—do it well. The act is ours; the consequences God’s.

Me here:  I think what we do is not so important as why and how we do what we do.  Isn’t faith a verb? An expression and action resulting from our connection to the Spirit within.  Service is simply sharing and caring, an extension of the inner life and the fruits of the Spirit.

Experiential wisdom is gained through learning by doing I think.  One must become to be.  The WAY is being and becoming by doing.  Can one even learn by merely learning and not doing? No.

We are taught that we have not learned yet what we cannot teach.

25:4.12 (279.13) … As you journey toward your Paradise goal, constantly acquiring added knowledge and enhanced skill, you are continuously afforded the opportunity to give out to others the wisdom and experience you have already accumulated; all the way in to Havona you enact the role of a pupil-teacher. You will work your way through the ascending levels of this vast experiential university by imparting to those just below you the new-found knowledge of your advancing career. In the universal regime you are not reckoned as having possessed yourself of knowledge and truth until you have demonstrated your ability and your willingness to impart this knowledge and truth to others.

155:6.11 (1732.4) Never forget there is only one adventure which is more satisfying and thrilling than the attempt to discover the will of the living God, and that is the supreme experience of honestly trying to do that divine will. And fail not to remember that the will of God can be done in any earthly occupation. Some callings are not holy and others secular. All things are sacred in the lives of those who are spirit led; that is, subordinated to truth, ennobled by love, dominated by mercy, and restrained by fairness—justice. The spirit which my Father and I shall send into the world is not only the Spirit of Truth but also the spirit of idealistic beauty.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

therefore it is natural that at the moment that we feel as son/daughter of God then our soul make us feel in our heart the need to share that happiness and to serve; it witness that we have become cosmic citizens and recognized that we are all brothers and sisters trying to have a better understanding of our great Universal Father and with this knowledge each one of us will do a mayor effort to be like him, to do his will and to be perfect as he want us to be!

Thank you so much for sharing!  Yes, for me your words ring true.  My cup overflows with the love of our heavenly Father.  So much has been given.  I cannot contain it.  I am filled up to overflowing with his love. This love has to go somewhere.  It can’t stay inside. It is useless to put a light inside a box.  Wear your light on the outside.  You are right. It is natural to feel the need to share it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.