Restore Adamic Life Plasm?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Restore Adamic Life Plasm?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Do you think science should attempt to recover and restore the “Adamic life plasm?”

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hahaha….that’s like asking if we think the sun should rise or spring should come. It is an inevitability and it is expected. Our bio upliftment is not complete but, we are told, we have all the violet blood we will receive. It is up to science now to cure disease and lengthen life to the norms of 2-4 centuries as we progress through the mortal epochs to increase the fusion/translation ratios over time.

Consider how important longevity is to the Mortal Epochs and social progress by mortal experiential wisdom!!! Age, experience, and wisdom are very connected. Longevity will profoundly affect planetary progress.

76:4.7 (851.5) The body cells of the Material Sons and their progeny are far more resistant to disease than are those of the evolutionary beings indigenous to the planet. The body cells of the native races are akin to the living disease-producing microscopic and ultramicroscopic organisms of the realm. These facts explain why the Urantia peoples must do so much by way of scientific effort to withstand so many physical disorders. You would be far more disease resistant if your races carried more of the Adamic life.

Mark
    Mark
    Participant

An interesting topic considering that genetic improvement is practiced right up until the eras of light and life, at least on a normal planet. But there are problems. First of all, how do we identify Adamic life plasm (genes)? A normal world would have Material Sons qualified to make the distinction. But I would hate to leave it to the discretion of any human on this planet.

Although it’s implied that we should select people who “exhibit superior qualities of a social, philosophic, cosmic, and spiritual nature” (55:6.3), we all know these human qualities are not widely respected nor valued in our present civilization. And once again, who among us is qualified to say one person is more social or spiritual in nature?

Perhaps, like everything else on this planet, the solution will be quite different. One example is Crispr technology which carries the promise of being able to re-write a DNA strand and, in effect, transforming the body of an individual. These changes are permanent and are passed to the next generation. The process is far from perfect but nonetheless it shows a way.

Of course, a fundamental part of this process is being able to identify which genes or DNA fragments are responsible for which traits. The moral impetus behind this is to eradicate inheritable disorders such as cystic fibrosis or Huntington’s disease. But it could go further. For example, recent studies have identified genes responsible for violent behavior.

Another angle to the identification of troublesome genes is simply to make parents aware of the probability they will produce children with such disorders, enabling them to make informed decisions. This is, in effect, about the only way selective breeding could occur with the least amount of moral objection in present society.

Mark
    Mark
    Participant

An interesting topic considering that genetic improvement is practiced right up until the eras of light and life, at least on a normal planet. But there are problems. First of all, how do we identify Adamic life plasm (genes)? A normal world would have Material Sons qualified to make the distinction. But I would hate to leave it to the discretion of any human on this planet.

Although it’s implied that we should select people who “exhibit superior qualities of a social, philosophic, cosmic, and spiritual nature” (55:6.3), I think it’s safe to say such human qualities are not widely respected nor valued in our present civilization. And once again, who among us is qualified to say that one person is more social or spiritual in nature than another?

Perhaps, like everything else on this planet, the solution will be quite different. One promising example is Crispr technology, which is a biological process of rewriting a DNA strand and, in effect, transforming the body of an individual. These changes are permanent and are passed to the next generation. The process is far from perfect but nonetheless it shows a way.

Of course, a fundamental part of this process is being able to identify which genes or DNA fragments are responsible for which traits. The moral impetus behind this is to eradicate inheritable disorders such as cystic fibrosis or Huntington’s disease. But it could go further. For example, recent studies have identified genes responsible for violent behavior.

Another angle to the identification of troublesome genes is simply to make parents aware of the probability they will produce children with such disorders, enabling them to make informed decisions. This is, in effect, about the only way biological selection could occur with the least amount of moral objection in current society.

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

An interesting topic

You were wise to copy your first reply.  I found both in the “pending” file and have restored them for you.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks Mod 1. Would you please ck to see if my reply to Mark is pending? I submitted it and it disappeared.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    Welcome to the Forum Mark, and thanks for the thoughtful reply. Responses are within your text:

Understood. I would consider leaving it to a group of qualified humans, with lots of public input. But only for the elimination of diseases, and without the least hint of coercion.

Although it’s implied that we should select people who “exhibit superior qualities of a social, philosophic, cosmic, and spiritual nature” (55:6.3), I think it’s safe to say such human qualities are not widely respected nor valued in our present civilization. And once again, who among us is qualified to say that one person is more social or spiritual in nature than another? Perhaps, like everything else on this planet, the solution will be quite different.

Maybe.

One promising example is Crispr technology, which is a biological process of rewriting a DNA strand and, in effect, transforming the body of an individual. These changes are permanent and are passed to the next generation. The process is far from perfect but nonetheless it shows a way.

Therein lies a solution. CRISPR technology has the power to create ANY gene. This is where law enforcement meets scientific manipulation. Just yesterday a Chinese technologist was jailed three years for attempting to create babies resistant to HIV. He was accused of getting out in front of consensus and ethics.

This is where we can do much to eliminate anti-social behaviors, but not without an equal upgrade in the quality of the family. The foundation stones of a healthy, progressing society are good families with good genes.

Another angle to the identification of troublesome genes is simply to make parents aware of the probability they will produce children with such disorders, enabling them to make informed decisions. This is, in effect, about the only way biological selection could occur with the least amount of moral objection in current society.

I very much look forward to the day every parent has a readout of the disease profile of their genes. And I would not oppose a license for parenting to complement genetic testing.

Another aspect society might consider is offering incentives to NOT produce children with genetic disposition to disease. Incentives not to procreate could be monetary (taxes for example), social (more privileges or votes, et al), honorific (a childless martyr??).

But the one great barrier to planetary genetic rehab is two-fold: Prejudice and ignorance. Ignorance can be removed by early and replete education. Removing prejudice is part of a good education too, but it has the addition burden of tradition.

Richard E Warren

rock
    rock
    Participant

I don’t say that it is possible, because if I said so, I would have the burden of explaining how. But, I may say that it is not completely impossible. There would be two special tasks at first:

1. Identify the mitocondrial DNA of Eve.
    2. Identify the Y-chromosome of Adam.

Once these have been found, it will be easier to find other Adamic DNA.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I don’t say that it is possible, because if I said so, I would have the burden of explaining how. But, I may say that it is not completely impossible. There would be two special tasks at first:

1. Identify the mitocondrial DNA of Eve.
    2. Identify the Y-chromosome of Adam.

Once these have been found, it will be easier to find other Adamic DNA.

Thanks for the input, rock. Wish I could debate the issue with you intelligently. But it seems like I recall science claiming to have discovered at least one ‘mother eve’ via the mitocondrial route.

Richard E Warren

rock
    rock
    Participant

Perhaps we should talk about Violet Y-chromosome and Violet mitochondrial DNA instead of mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam.

Based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup

rock
    rock
    Participant

Alright. If we keep using the names Adam and Eve, we will be repeatedly confusing ourselves and others. That’s because scientific discussion already use those names, discussing about Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve. In order to avoid such confusion, we should choose using different naming. For example Violet Y-chromosome and Violet Mitochondrial DNA.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Good morning to all of you,
    From time to time I read your super shares of personal study and experience in the light of the wonderful information contained in The Urantia Book.
    Thank you all!
    Man’s extraordinary faculty of thinking is gradually enabling him to harmonize better and better with the material universe and the spiritual universe.
    This is because man thinks that he exists and that his life is a force for creative unfolding.
    Indeed, we must “be” before we can “do”, and we can only “do” to the extent that we “are”, and what we “are” depends on what we “think”.
    For the year 2020, I wish you all the very best in love, joy, humour, peace, wonder and gratitude.
    All in us in the Love of God. :good:
    Samuel Heïne (Reunion Island)

Friendship enhances joys, glorifies the triumphs of life and fidelity is a treasure of the soul.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

…For the year 2020, I wish you all the very best in love, joy, humour, peace, wonder and gratitude. All in us in the Love of God. :good: Samuel Heïne (Reunion Island)

Hear, hear! Thanks Samuel.

Richard E Warren

rock
    rock
    Participant

Other DNA fragments of Adamic life plasm have spread mostly same ways as Violet Y-chromosome and Violet mitochondrial DNA. I suppose that after pinpointing Violet Y-chromosome and mitochondrial DNA, modern science should be able to detect the other DNA fragments in the following steps by using statistical methods (correlation etc.) and modern DNA sequencers.

If we could revive the Violet race, perhaps we could also restart (and this time also successfully finish) the original plan. We don’t have Garden of Eden and Tree of Life, but we still have the DNA fragments, although they have been scattered.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Alright. If we keep using the names Adam and Eve, we will be repeatedly confusing ourselves and others. That’s because scientific discussion already use those names, discussing about Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve. In order to avoid such confusion, we should choose using different naming. For example Violet Y-chromosome and Violet Mitochondrial DNA.

Thanks for the research and links, rock. Interesting that both genders trace back to about the same time:

Y

Estimates on the age of the Y-MRCA crucially depend on the most archaic known haplogroup extant in contemporary populations. As of 2018, this is haplogroup A00 (discovered in 2013). Age estimates based on this published during 2014–2015 range between 160,000 and 300,000 years, compatible with the time of emergence and early dispersal of Homo sapiens.<sup id=”cite_ref-elhaik_8-0″ class=”reference”>

M

Although the original research did have analytical limitations, the estimate on the age of the mt-MRCA has proven robust. More recent age estimates have remained consistent with the 140–200 kya estimate published in 1987: A 2013 estimate dated Mitochondrial Eve to about 160 kya (within the reserved estimate of the original research) and Out of Africa II to about 95 kya.<sup id=”cite_ref-Fu2013_5-1″ class=”reference”> Another 2013 study (based on genome sequencing of 69 people from 9 different populations) reported the age of Mitochondrial Eve between 99 and 148 kya and that of the Y-MRCA between 120 and 156 kya.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.