Reincarnation

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Reincarnation

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 563 total)
  • Author
    urantia4me
    Participant

Hello Bradly – Thank you; it’s nice to be in the forum. Along with your recent helpful comments quoting from Paper 48 (which I will likely read the whole chapter soon), I just finished reading Paper 49 regarding The Inhabited Worlds, which also surprisingly helped to clarify & correct my prior expressed thoughts. Apparently, those who don’t survive to continue onward to the Mansion Worlds were those who had no realistic chance of connecting with their Thought Adjusters, perhaps due to some kind of defect. Even the ones who must wait 1000 years still resurrect & reconnect with their Thought Adjusters on the Mansion Worlds, even if they did not progress very far through the psychic circles. I suppose someone would have to be very resistant & rebellious on the Mansion Worlds in order lose their soul’s opportunities to make progress. As long as we are willing to work toward the main goal of becoming more like God in healthy ways, then we will continue to progress in the afterlife. Bye for now.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I agree that potentials are precious and mercy is extended until potential is exhausted. A Thought Adjuster is proof of soul and potential….

28:6.5 (314.4) 2. The Memory of Mercy. These are the actual, full and replete, living records of the mercy which has been extended to individuals and races by the tender ministrations of the instrumentalities of the Infinite Spirit in the mission of adapting the justice of righteousness to the status of the realms, as disclosed by the portrayals of the Significance of Origins. The Memory of Mercy discloses the moral debt of the children of mercy—their spiritual liabilities—to be set down against their assets of the saving provision established by the Sons of God. In revealing the Father’s pre-existent mercy, the Sons of God establish the necessary credit to insure the survival of all. And then, in accordance with the findings of the Significance of Origins, a mercy credit is established for the survival of each rational creature, a credit of lavish proportions and one of sufficient grace to insure the survival of every soul who really desires divine citizenship.

28:6.6 (314.5) The Memory of Mercy is a living trial balance, a current statement of your account with the supernatural forces of the realms. These are the living records of mercy ministration which are read into the testimony of the courts of Uversa when each individual’s right to unending life comes up for adjudication, when “thrones are cast up and the Ancients of Days are seated. The broadcasts of Uversa issue and come forth from before them; thousands upon thousands minister to them, and ten thousand times ten thousand stand before them. The judgment is set, and the books are opened.” And the books which are opened on such a momentous occasion are the living records of the tertiary seconaphim of the superuniverses. The formal records are on file to corroborate the testimony of the Memories of Mercy if they are required.

28:6.7 (314.6) The Memory of Mercy must show that the saving credit established by the Sons of God has been fully and faithfully paid out in the loving ministry of the patient personalities of the Third Source and Center. But when mercy is exhausted, when the “memory” thereof testifies to its depletion, then does justice prevail and righteousness decree. For mercy is not to be thrust upon those who despise it; mercy is not a gift to be trampled under foot by the persistent rebels of time. Nevertheless, though mercy is thus precious and dearly bestowed, your individual drawing credits are always far in excess of your ability to exhaust the reserve if you are sincere of purpose and honest of heart.

urantia4me
    Participant

Thank you Bradly – the Memory of Mercy make sense. Even tho I have not yet read that chapter, the sections you selected from Paper 28 also partly explains why those in the higher realms waited so long to even round up those who participated in the Lucifer Rebellion. However, the other factor regarding that topic is our human perception & experience of time, which greatly differs from those in the higher realms. The more I read UB & compare it with other books I have read regarding the “afterlife” (including the Bible), I realize that the UB gives far more clarifying details & greater perspectives to the relatively incomplete “glimpses” provided in my other books, though not necessarily making my other books wrong. The UB gives many examples of that when it compares what is in the Bible with what is in the UB. I now better understand why the UB declares that the human perception of reincarnation is technically wrong and is instead a misperception of the “afterlife” Mansion World system, which I think UB also states somewhere. If not stated, it’s implied. Bye for now.

urantia4me
    Participant

A quick follow-up: Of course I recall the statements in the UB that reveal the origin(s) of the idea of reincarnation, but my last post was referencing that which better explains how/why some people in our world today are able to present more compelling examples of supposed reincarnation cases.  If we fully understood how the Mansion World system works, then those more compelling cases that I have come across would be more easily explained.  As it is, the UB reveals just enough about the Mansion Worlds (& how our minds function) to give us a reasonable overview of the “afterlife” (& our limited/skewed perceptions of that “afterlife”) without revealing all the details. Even some of what the UB does reveal (regarding some topics) is hard to (fully) comprehend, such as how beings from other dimensions must go through one or more “transitions” in order for us to perceive them. By the way, are Caligastia & some of his lower-level associates still here on Urantia yet remain invisible to us humans? If yes, does that mean they could still be causing humanity problems? The UB only mentions that Lucifer and Satan have been arrested, & that Caligastia has only been dethroned. Bye for now.

urantia4me
    Participant

Hello again. Bradly, some months ago during our online discussion of reincarnation, I believe it was you that asked a very relevant question: What purpose would be served by us being reborn on Earth when the Mansion World system is designed to resolve all of our particular issues? The reason I thought of that recently is because I was reading a book by a famous psychic medium, who gave  specific examples to explain what happens after we die, but I noticed the kinds of examples he gave perfectly fit with what the UB states regarding the Mansion World system.  In one case, a teenager who died said that in the afterlife, he went back to school as his mother had hoped he would have done when he was alive on Earth.  In another example, a man who tragically died “woke up” in the afterlife in a hospital.  One could accuse the psychic of lying, but even IF we assume he was telling the truth, either way it verifies what the UB teaches concerning the Mansion World system, while at the same time, it shows there is NO good reason for a person to be reborn on their native planet. All necessary life lessons can be learned in the afterlife (aka – the “Mansion Worlds”). Bye for now.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Michael!!

So glad to hear from you.  All rebels have been detained and isolated effectively as of the completion of Michael’s final bestowal.  Most midwayers, angels, Materials,  and lower celestials and mortal ascenders have been restored and have resolved their loyalty conflicts of the crisis although they remain isolated still.

The Lanondeks as leaders of the rebellion have not as yet accepted the mercy proferred.  Perhaps they will not ever.  It is true that our one time Planetary Prince remains on Urantia for unspecified reasons and an indeterminate time pending adjudication to come.

53:9.1 (610.6) Early in the days of the Lucifer rebellion, salvation was offered all rebels by Michael. To all who would show proof of sincere repentance, he offered, upon his attainment of complete universe sovereignty, forgiveness and reinstatement in some form of universe service. None of the leaders accepted this merciful proffer. But thousands of the angels and the lower orders of celestial beings, including hundreds of the Material Sons and Daughters, accepted the mercy proclaimed by the Panoptians and were given rehabilitation at the time of Jesus’ resurrection nineteen hundred years ago. These beings have since been transferred to the Father’s world of Jerusem, where they must be held, technically, until the Uversa courts hand down a decision in the matter of Gabriel vs. Lucifer. But no one doubts that, when the annihilation verdict is issued, these repentant and salvaged personalities will be exempted from the decree of extinction. These probationary souls now labor with the Panoptians in the work of caring for the Father’s world.

Me here:  I assume Caligastia has powers of mischief making still, to what degree is not specified.  I think rebellious Princes may be interred on-planet in complete isolation as part of a purposeful attempt at rehabilitation but I don’t know.   We are assured Caligastia has been shorn of most powers and his solo nefarious plots are overwhelmed by the celestial hosts of loyal midwayers, angels, Thought Adjusters, etc.

Mortal minds cannot be invaded or directed by ANY other minds or spirits we are assured.

53:8.9 (610.5) In general, when weak and dissolute mortals are supposed to be under the influence of devils and demons, they are merely being dominated by their own inherent and debased tendencies, being led away by their own natural propensities. The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him. Caligastia has been comparatively impotent since the cross of Christ.

66:8.4 (752.5) The Prince of Urantia went into darkness at the time of the Lucifer rebellion, thus precipitating the long confusion of the planet. He was subsequently deprived of sovereign authority by the co-ordinate action of the constellation rulers and other universe authorities. He shared the inevitable vicissitudes of isolated Urantia down to the time of Adam’s sojourn on the planet and contributed something to the miscarriage of the plan to uplift the mortal races through the infusion of the lifeblood of the new violet race—the descendants of Adam and Eve.

66:8.5 (753.1) The power of the fallen Prince to disturb human affairs was enormously curtailed by the mortal incarnation of Machiventa Melchizedek in the days of Abraham; and subsequently, during the life of Michael in the flesh, this traitorous Prince was finally shorn of all authority on Urantia.

66:8.6 (753.2) The doctrine of a personal devil on Urantia, though it had some foundation in the planetary presence of the traitorous and iniquitous Caligastia, was nevertheless wholly fictitious in its teachings that such a “devil” could influence the normal human mind against its free and natural choosing. Even before Michael’s bestowal on Urantia, neither Caligastia nor Daligastia was ever able to oppress mortals or to coerce any normal individual into doing anything against the human will. The free will of man is supreme in moral affairs; even the indwelling Thought Adjuster refuses to compel man to think a single thought or to perform a single act against the choosing of man’s own will.

66:8.7 (753.3) And now this rebel of the realm, shorn of all power to harm his former subjects, awaits the final adjudication, by the Uversa Ancients of Days, of all who participated in the Lucifer rebellion.

Me here: As to the Mansion Worlds career; we are told that great talents and passions and aspirations with personal meaning and value for us from our birth-life are fully expressed and satisfied there!

:good:

urantia4me
    Participant

Thank you Bradly for grouping together the parts of the UB that address my question about Caligastia. I enjoyed reading your entire reply; ironically, your final comment in your post fits well with what I want to share with you & whoever is reading the posts in this forum regarding reincarnation.  I am happy to confirm that UB has specifically addressed a phenomenon often attributed to reincarnation: special human ability (which would certainly include child prodigies). The complete answer can be found in Paper 44, Section 8.  I’m going to condense part of this answer to save time & space in this post… “Celestial artisans do not personally work on material planets, but they sometimes temporarily work under the supervision of the planetary angels of progress.  Supplemental to natural, inherent ability, there may be contributed the leadings of the Thought Adjuster in those individuals whose indwelling Adjusters may have had actual and bona fide experiences along such lines on other worlds and in other mortal creatures. The spirit artisans act as harmonizers to assist and inspire mortals to seek for ever-perfecting ideals and to attempt their enhanced portrayal for the edification of the realm.”  To me, this proves one of my original main points in this forum – that there must be real processes/mechanisms that humans are mis-perceiving as reincarnation for SO many people to believe in such a teaching for thousands of years. I knew there had to be something more to this than modern fantasies or that which caused primitive man to first conceive of reincarnation. No wonder the UB refers to the work of the Thought Adjusters as “cross-planet pollination”, which of course is a comparison to how bees pollinate flowers & other plants. I don’t know the UB will also address other modern claims of reincarnation as specifically as it did special human abilities, but will keep reading the UB to find out.  I value the wealth of knowledge you Bradly (and others) bring to this forum, but seriously consider this useful advice: when trying to find answers in the UB to specific questions or topics, realize that sometimes its best comments are NOT found by a quick online word search. I had no idea the chapter on Celestial Artisans would so clearly address one of my main questions about reincarnation, especially since that word is not used anywhere in Paper 44.  That is not the first time I have realized how the UB provides great information on other subjects within a seemingly unrelated Paper. Bye for now.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I have always found this section very enlightening and inspiring too.

44:8.2 (507.7) There are three possible sources of special human ability: At the bottom always there exists the natural or inherent aptitude. Special ability is never an arbitrary gift of the Gods; there is always an ancestral foundation for every outstanding talent. In addition to this natural ability, or rather supplemental thereto, there may be contributed the leadings of the Thought Adjuster in those individuals whose indwelling Adjusters may have had actual and bona fide experiences along such lines on other worlds and in other mortal creatures. In those cases where both the human mind and the indwelling Adjuster are unusually skillful, the spirit artisans may be delegated to act as harmonizers of these talents and otherwise to assist and inspire these mortals to seek for ever-perfecting ideals and to attempt their enhanced portrayal for the edification of the realm.

44:8.3 (508.1) There is no caste in the ranks of spirit artisans. No matter how lowly your origin, if you have ability and the gift of expression, you will gain adequate recognition and receive due appreciation as you ascend upward in the scale of morontia experience and spiritual attainment. There can be no handicap of human heredity or deprivation of mortal environment which the morontia career will not fully compensate and wholly remove. And all such satisfactions of artistic achievement and expressionful self-realization will be effected by your own personal efforts in progressive advancement. At last the aspirations of evolutionary mediocrity may be realized. While the Gods do not arbitrarily bestow talents and ability upon the children of time, they do provide for the attainment of the satisfaction of all their noble longings and for the gratification of all human hunger for supernal self-expression.

44:8.4 (508.2) But every human being should remember: Many ambitions to excel which tantalize mortals in the flesh will not persist with these same mortals in the morontia and spirit careers. The ascending morontians learn to socialize their former purely selfish longings and egoistic ambitions. Nevertheless, those things which you so earnestly longed to do on earth and which circumstances so persistently denied you, if, after acquiring true mota insight in the morontia career, you still desire to do, then will you most certainly be granted every opportunity fully to satisfy your long-cherished desires.

44:8.5 (508.3) Before ascending mortals leave the local universe to embark upon their spirit careers, they will be satiated respecting every intellectual, artistic, and social longing or true ambition which ever characterized their mortal or morontia planes of existence. This is the achievement of equality of the satisfaction of self-expression and self-realization but not the attainment of identical experiential status nor the complete obliteration of characteristic individuality in skill, technique, and expression. But the new spirit differential of personal experiential attainment will not become thus leveled off and equalized until after you have finished the last circle of the Havona career. And then will the Paradise residents be confronted with the necessity of adjusting to that absonite differential of personal experience which can be leveled off only by the group attainment of the ultimate of creature status—the sevenMichael posts above:  th-stage-spirit destiny of the mortal finaliters.

Michael posts above:  “No wonder the UB refers to the work of the Thought Adjusters as cross-planet pollination”, which of course is a comparison to how bees pollinate flowers & other plants.”

Me here:  Michael…please provide a reference for your “pollination” quotation.  Thanks.

Your pursuit of explanations for the common belief in reincarnation has led here to many theories and lots of text posted to consider.  Further evidence of how keenly mind seeks understanding of reality and the role of supposition and speculations in that pursuit.

I think you are mixing two different phenomenon here now.   The first is the widespread belief in reincarnation which has one set of explanations and the second is a far more limited phenomena of supposed recollection of former material lives, most often reported in some planet-of-origin (Earth) costume, character, and prior historical time period.

I find belief in the first to be easily explained and understood by the natural “survival” instinct of all life, most especially minded life connected to Spirit.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/search?keys=Survival&op=Search

And of course are the hundreds of thousands of years of on planet teachings to people about Havona, Mansonia, resurrection, and the eternal adventure destiny of mortals.  Reincarnation is simply a logically reasoned human distortion of universe reality.

Supposed memories of former material lives is something else and quite distinct I think.  Statistically, the number of those who claim such specific memories are an infinitesimal subset of and compared to those who believe in reincarnation.  Those memory claims have their own origins and explanations I think.

In any case, I am glad to be here and am learning much by our studies on the topic of reincarnation and mortal resurrection!

;-)

urantia4me
    Participant

I always appreciate your feedback, Bradly, which often leads me to either clarify or reconsider my thoughts on reincarnation & related topics. Along those lines, I will provide the specific part of the UB in which I found that phrase “cross-planet pollination” (or something along those lines) as soon as I locate it again. Lately I have been reading so much of the UB, significantly jumping back & forth at times that it may take me a while to find where exactly where I saw it. But I honestly did see the concept if not the exact phrase, for when I saw it, I immediately looked online to learn more about how bees pollinate, for I wanted to better understand why the UB made such a reference to the Thought Adjusters. I think that understanding bee pollination may shed more light on the work of Thought Adjusters, as well as shed more light on the human misperception of reincarnation. Bye for now.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Yes…I too thought it familiar.  Nothing for “pollination ” or “pollinate”.  Finally thought of the term used – “fertilization”!

109:4.5 (1198.8) I have observed a Thought Adjuster indwelling a mind on Urantia who has, according to the records on Uversa, indwelt fifteen minds previously in Orvonton. We do not know whether this Monitor has had similar experiences in other superuniverses, but I suspect so. This is a marvelous Adjuster and one of the most useful and potent forces on Urantia during this present age. What others have lost, in that they refused to survive, this human being (and your whole world) now gains. From him who has not survival qualities, shall be taken away even that experienced Adjuster which he now has, while to him who has survival prospects, shall be given even the pre-experienced Adjuster of a slothful deserter.

109:4.6 (1199.1) In a sense the Adjusters may be fostering a certain degree of planetary cross-fertilization in the domains of truth, beauty, and goodness. But they are seldom given two indwelling experiences on the same planet; there is no Adjuster now serving on Urantia who has been on this world previously. I know whereof I speak since we have their numbers and records in the archives of Uversa.

Personally, I don’t think this is the source of human memories of alleged or purported prior human lives…but it does demonstrate the value of experience in gaining wisdom and effectiveness…or expertise, which does result in the universal and personal distribution of truth, beauty, and goodness by all who abide in time, including the Adjusters.

urantia4me
    Participant

Well done, Bradly – you found the phrase in the UB that caused me to read about bee pollination:-) Yes, I think we agree that even that section in the UB does NOT indicate reincarnation for humans. Although I must say that I am surprised how often the UB describes how systems on Urantia and other evolutionary worlds were originally planned/designed, but then the UB says that Urantia has often proved to demonstrate exceptions to those normally functioning systems, in part due to the Lucifer Rebellion. So I would NOT be surprised to learn someday that the very small percentage of human examples of reincarnation claims were actually humans who accidentally (mis)perceived a little more of the normally hidden work of Adjusters, Angels, & Artisans. Also the UB refers to Urantia as an experimental planet.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Of 7 trillion material, evolutionary worlds there are 700 billion that are considered “decimal” worlds where there is certain flexibility from bio norms where the Life Carriers are exploring more “experimental” options.  We are assured this is very controlled and within parameters considered normal and predictable.  However, predictable is itself a flexible term!!  Evolution is always somewhat unpredictable, especially regarding timing and sequencing.  Evolution, like freewill itself, is an endless chain of potential realized and also new potential created by the prior realization of potential.  Each world of the 7 trillion is very unique in evolution and also in the outcomes of patterns and potentials.

Universe reality is a celebration of personalized and unique experiential evolution of potential.  Most people understand the theory of bio evolution and that of creationism.  But few realize that evolution IS creationism.  Far fewer understand the evolutionary nature of society, culture, civilization, and the totality of humanity.  And yet, even fewer might understand that the universe itself is evolutionary as is heaven and the local and super universes and even Deity itself.  All of time and space is experiential and evolutionary…which some might consider experimental(?).  One of ten bio worlds is considered experimental but aren’t they all really????  In a way….yes!!

Please note that all variables and variations have one singular hope and objective….improvements to prior experience!!  The Life Carriers are also experiential beings with freewill whose knowledge, skill, and wisdom is evolutionary!!

36:2.12 (397.12) The Second World is the life-designing sphere; here all new modes of life organization are worked out. While the original life designs are provided by the Creator Son, the actual outworking of these plans is intrusted to the Life Carriers and their associates. When the general life plans for a new world have been formulated, they are transmitted to the headquarters sphere, where they are minutely scrutinized by the supreme council of the senior Life Carriers in collaboration with a corps of consulting Melchizedeks. If the plans are a departure from previously accepted formulas, they must be passed upon, and endorsed by, the Creator Son. The chief of Melchizedeks often represents the Creator Son in these deliberations.

36:2.13 (397.13) Planetary life, therefore, while similar in some respects, differs in many ways on each evolutionary world. Even in a uniform life series in a single family of worlds, life is not exactly the same on any two planets; there is always a planetary type, for the Life Carriers work constantly in an effort to improve the vital formulas committed to their keeping.

36:2.14 (398.1) There are over one million fundamental or cosmic chemical formulas which constitute the parent patterns and the numerous basic functional variations of life manifestations. Satellite number one of the life-planning sphere is the realm of the universe physicists and electrochemists who serve as technical assistants to the Life Carriers in the work of capturing, organizing, and manipulating the essential units of energy which are employed in building up the material vehicles of life transmission, the so-called germ plasm.

36:2.15 (398.2) The planetary life-planning laboratories are situated on the second satellite of this world number two. In these laboratories the Life Carriers and all their associates collaborate with the Melchizedeks in the effort to modify and possibly improve the life designed for implantation on the decimal planets of Nebadon. The life now evolving on Urantia was planned and partially worked out on this very world, for Urantia is a decimal planet, a life-experiment world. On one world in each ten a greater variance in the standard life designs is permitted than on the other (nonexperimental) worlds.

57:8.7 (661.1) 900,000,000 years ago witnessed the arrival on Urantia of the first Satania scouting party sent out from Jerusem to examine the planet and make a report on its adaptation for a life-experiment station. This commission consisted of twenty-four members, embracing Life Carriers, Lanonandek Sons, Melchizedeks, seraphim, and other orders of celestial life having to do with the early days of planetary organization and administration.

57:8.8 (661.2) After making a painstaking survey of the planet, this commission returned to Jerusem and reported favorably to the System Sovereign, recommending that Urantia be placed on the life-experiment registry. Your world was accordingly registered on Jerusem as a decimal planet, and the Life Carriers were notified that they would be granted permission to institute new patterns of mechanical, chemical, and electrical mobilization at the time of their subsequent arrival with life transplantation and implantation mandates.

57:8.9 (661.3) In due course arrangements for the planetary occupation were completed by the mixed commission of twelve on Jerusem and approved by the planetary commission of seventy on Edentia. These plans, proposed by the advisory counselors of the Life Carriers, were finally accepted on Salvington. Soon thereafter the Nebadon broadcasts carried the announcement that Urantia would become the stage whereon the Life Carriers would execute their sixtieth Satania experiment designed to amplify and improve the Satania type of the Nebadon life patterns.

urantia4me
    Participant

Hello again Bradly! I finally logged in and read your detailed reply. Always quality replies from you. Just wanted you to know I’m still reading & still learning (almost daily) from the UB. And I still recommend it to whoever I think would be interested in it, including the former director of the Maryland branch of MUFON as well as one the executives (& prolific authors) with the A.R.E in VA beach. I also briefly contacted the UB Reader Services some months ago & appreciated Bob’s comments. He mentioned the term “repersonalization” that is used in the UB to describe what we humans experience (as opposed to reincarnation). I don’t yet fully understand the difference; I assume that is in the context of awakening in the Mansion World system after our physical deaths on Earth (and our educational adventures beyond the Mansion World system. Oh, and without going into much detail, I have done much better at not only understanding parts of the UB that previously were fuzzy to me, but also I have been able to connect the dots regarding other sources of compatible info from some of my other books, some of which I already referenced in this forum. While some info is compatible, nothing quite compares to the clarity & details in the UB.

Btw, I actually prefer reading the physical UB, but only reading from the online source when I don’t have the physical book in front of me. I jumped around a lot during my reading of the UB over the past 2 years but recently felt the need to start reading from the very beginning, which now makes much more sense to me.

Well, it’s late so I must sleep now. Ciao.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Michael!!!

So good to hear from you again.  So happy to hear your discovery adventure in the Papers continues.

So…a couple of things.  First of all, I have found over the years that I definitely find new meanings within text I have read before.  I think that has to do with learning more points of context and an enlarging perspective which causes greater illumination and insight and connectivity between concepts and reference points.

There are advantages to both forms of study – lineal, sequential reading and also topical, key word driven, topical study.  The lineal reading is excellent because the text tends to create questions and deliver answer sequentially and incrementally from the front of the book to the end.  It is written in a way that expands perspective and provides space for the many enlarged concepts presented.

The topical approach immediately demonstrates multiple angles of  perspective, of identical concepts but often in different context that helps the student appreciate those topics from a wider spectrum of context.  More angles of view as well as more panoramic views and also wide angle and telescopic views of the same concepts throughout the text provide a texture and dimensional aspect to our appreciation and reality perspective.

I read only from hard copy for 30 years and without any topical resource except a Concordex, book index and the Paramony, a cross reference book with the Bible.  Both were very helpful.  But search engines have really elevated my appreciation of the depth and breadth of concepts and context available to a serious student today!!

Definitions.  “Incarnate” is always a celestial becoming more material as I understand it – from the morontia form to the physical-material form.

Reincarnation is the myth of multiple incarnations as mortal (or even animal) on the same planet (or other material planets even) and may include some form of progressive (or regressive) enlightenment or wisdom.  But the UB calls such beliefs primitive superstition based on a very false reality perspective.

“Repersonalization” is simply the reconfiguration of the mortal soul with its morontia body and memories/mind and personality on the mansion worlds.  Happens only once per customer!!

Search The Urantia Book | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation

The myth of reincarnation may originate from the true and factual story of our progressive and incremental spiritization as mortal ascenders.  Once we have a morontia body, we experience 570 progressive transformations from world to world as become less and less material and more and more spirit.

48:1.5 (542.2) The Morontia Power Supervisors are able to effect a union of material and of spiritual energies, thereby organizing a morontia form of materialization which is receptive to the superimposition of a controlling spirit. When you traverse the morontia life of Nebadon, these same patient and skillful Morontia Power Supervisors will successively provide you with 570 morontia bodies, each one a phase of your progressive transformation. From the time of leaving the material worlds until you are constituted a first-stage spirit on Salvington, you will undergo just 570 separate and ascending morontia changes. Eight of these occur in the system, seventy-one in the constellation, and 491 during the sojourn on the spheres of Salvington.

48:1.6 (542.3) In the days of the mortal flesh the divine spirit indwells you, almost as a thing apart—in reality an invasion of man by the bestowed spirit of the Universal Father. But in the morontia life the spirit will become a real part of your personality, and as you successively pass through the 570 progressive transformations, you ascend from the material to the spiritual estate of creature life.

Me here:  The morontial experience is everything between the purely physical/material and the pure spirit reality.

0:5.6 (8.6) These qualities of universal reality are manifest in Urantian human experience on the following levels:

0:5.7 (8.7) 1. Body. The material or physical organism of man. The living electrochemical mechanism of animal nature and origin.

0:5.8 (8.8) 2. Mind. The thinking, perceiving, and feeling mechanism of the human organism. The total conscious and unconscious experience. The intelligence associated with the emotional life reaching upward through worship and wisdom to the spirit level.

0:5.9 (8.9) 3. Spirit. The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man—the Thought Adjuster. This immortal spirit is prepersonal—not a personality, though destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature.

0:5.10 (8.10) 4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven,” so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual—it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.

0:5.11 (9.1) Personality. The personality of mortal man is neither body, mind, nor spirit; neither is it the soul. Personality is the one changeless reality in an otherwise ever-changing creature experience; and it unifies all other associated factors of individuality. The personality is the unique bestowal which the Universal Father makes upon the living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit, and which survives with the survival of the morontial soul.

0:5.12 (9.2) Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual. It may designate personal or impersonal realities, living or nonliving energies. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.

Back with more later!!  ;-)

urantia4me
    Participant

Thanks for the clarifications, Bradly. I had forgotten about some of the quotes regarding repersonalization, most of which I had read. And I too have used the topical search feature on the Urantia website – among other things, that is where I learned that Thor was a real Cro-Mag person😨😀 Bye for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 563 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.