Reincarnation

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Reincarnation

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 563 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Alain!!

I look forward to you posting supporting text for such a proposition.  I have great reservations about such a source for those memories which some believe to be evidence of prior personal lives on the planet of origin.

What purpose might there be for any experience of one person for the benefit or wisdom ir spiritization of any other being?  Experiential learning and wisdom must be personally acquired and all truth must be personally realized and actualized or there is no meanings or value attached.

No one else’s experience can deliver wisdom or growth or truth to me I do not think.  And then there is the fact that any such memory transcripts or “recaps” would be of aliens in strange lands as Adjusters do not normally indwell multiple minds on the same world.

I remain confident that false memories are the source of these false beliefs in prior lives.

109:4.6 (1199.1) In a sense the Adjusters may be fostering a certain degree of planetary cross-fertilization in the domains of truth, beauty, and goodness. But they are seldom given two indwelling experiences on the same planet; there is no Adjuster now serving on Urantia who has been on this world previously. I know whereof I speak since we have their numbers and records in the archives of Uversa.

;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

The scientific method has demonstrated the source of alleged previous-lives-memories and the Urantia Papers, as the claimed Epochal Revelation of fact, knowledge, and truth of universe realities, concurs and substantiates the findings of many of the conclusions of the scientific method and supports the method unequivocally in its eventual results (which is not to say that all modern theories are supported by the UB by any means – for example the Big Bang and the single Darwinian thread of species and human evolution and the mechanistic and accidental universe are all totally false theories presented by the scientific method and which will all be eventually discredited and disproven by the method too!).

False memories have a very clear and obvious source.  So does the belief in reincarnation.  That belief combined with false memories result in a great faith that is independent of the validity or falsehood of the belief itself.  All faith is good in its results no matter how primitive, superstitious, or fictional the founding beliefs may be which lead to and result in faith and religious experience.  So the belief in magic and luck and reincarnation and mediumship and any and all such primitivisms are or may be positive in their effects and results.  And so should the scientific method likewise deliver evidence of God and universe realities…and so it does….to those who can see and hear anyway!!  Just because science claims something does not make it true.  Just because belief claims something does not make it true either!!

The good news is reality does not require nor depend upon scientific claims or personal beliefs!!  And neither does faith and personal spiritual progress or soul birth or personal survival from this world to the next!!  False beliefs are but temporary obstacles to the experience of universe realities to come.  God’s love does not depend upon one’s knowledge or beliefs.  That is the good news of the Papers to our world.

:good:

88:4.1 (970.6) Civilized man attacks the problems of a real environment through his science; savage man attempted to solve the real problems of an illusory ghost environment by magic. Magic was the technique of manipulating the conjectured spirit environment whose machinations endlessly explained the inexplicable; it was the art of obtaining voluntary spirit co-operation and of coercing involuntary spirit aid through the use of fetishes or other and more powerful spirits.

88:4.2 (970.7) The object of magic, sorcery, and necromancy was twofold:

88:4.3 (970.8) 1. To secure insight into the future.
    88:4.4 (970.9) 2. Favorably to influence environment.

88:4.5 (970.10) The objects of science are identical with those of magic. Mankind is progressing from magic to science, not by meditation and reason, but rather through long experience, gradually and painfully. Man is gradually backing into the truth, beginning in error, progressing in error, and finally attaining the threshold of truth. Only with the arrival of the scientific method has he faced forward. But primitive man had to experiment or perish.

88:4.6 (970.11) The fascination of early superstition was the mother of the later scientific curiosity. There was progressive dynamic emotion—fear plus curiosity—in these primitive superstitions; there was progressive driving power in the olden magic. These superstitions represented the emergence of the human desire to know and to control planetary environment.

195:7.1 (2078.4) How foolish it is for material-minded man to allow such vulnerable theories as those of a mechanistic universe to deprive him of the vast spiritual resources of the personal experience of true religion. Facts never quarrel with real spiritual faith; theories may. Better that science should be devoted to the destruction of superstition rather than attempting the overthrow of religious faith—human belief in spiritual realities and divine values.

195:7.2 (2078.5) Science should do for man materially what religion does for him spiritually: extend the horizon of life and enlarge his personality. True science can have no lasting quarrel with true religion. The “scientific method” is merely an intellectual yardstick wherewith to measure material adventures and physical achievements. But being material and wholly intellectual, it is utterly useless in the evaluation of spiritual realities and religious experiences.

195:7.3 (2078.6) The inconsistency of the modern mechanist is: If this were merely a material universe and man only a machine, such a man would be wholly unable to recognize himself as such a machine, and likewise would such a machine-man be wholly unconscious of the fact of the existence of such a material universe. The materialistic dismay and despair of a mechanistic science has failed to recognize the fact of the spirit-indwelt mind of the scientist whose very supermaterial insight formulates these mistaken and self-contradictory concepts of a materialistic universe.

195:7.4 (2078.7) Paradise values of eternity and infinity, of truth, beauty, and goodness, are concealed within the facts of the phenomena of the universes of time and space. But it requires the eye of faith in a spirit-born mortal to detect and discern these spiritual values.

195:7.5 (2078.8) The realities and values of spiritual progress are not a “psychologic projection”—a mere glorified daydream of the material mind. Such things are the spiritual forecasts of the indwelling Adjuster, the spirit of God living in the mind of man. And let not your dabblings with the faintly glimpsed findings of “relativity” disturb your concepts of the eternity and infinity of God. And in all your solicitation concerning the necessity for self-expression do not make the mistake of failing to provide for Adjuster-expression, the manifestation of your real and better self.

195:7.6 (2079.1) If this were only a material universe, material man would never be able to arrive at the concept of the mechanistic character of such an exclusively material existence. This very mechanistic concept of the universe is in itself a nonmaterial phenomenon of mind, and all mind is of nonmaterial origin, no matter how thoroughly it may appear to be materially conditioned and mechanistically controlled.

195:7.7 (2079.2) The partially evolved mental mechanism of mortal man is not overendowed with consistency and wisdom. Man’s conceit often outruns his reason and eludes his logic.

Alain
    Alain
    Participant

Thank you much Bradly for this supportive information.

And I particularly look upon this one:

195:7.5 (2078.8) The realities and values of spiritual progress are not a “psychologic projection”—a mere glorified daydream of the material mind. Such things are the spiritual forecasts of the indwelling Adjuster, the spirit of God living in the mind of man. And let not your dabblings with the faintly glimpsed findings of “relativity” disturb your concepts of the eternity and infinity of God. And in all your solicitation concerning the necessity for self-expression do not make the mistake of failing to provide for Adjuster-expression, the manifestation of your real and better self.

So considering the experiences our Adjusters have gained on other planets (alien to us as you mentioned previously), we must also consider that other planets, while evolving within their particularities, also must grow from the stone age to modern and post modern growth. Meaning that many of them have discovered cement and stone builded housing maybe long before we did. And my assumption is that if our Adjusters can and do use this past experience in their possession for the benefit of our growth, within flashes of seemingly past memories, they surely do it to stimulate some aspect of our motivation and creativity. For me, there is no past life. This is my first one. But if I can benefit from any Adjuster flashes to inspire me in my quest it is good.

110:7.3 (1212.4) Most Adjusters who have translated their subjects from Urantia were highly experienced and of record as previous indwellers of numerous mortals on other spheres. Remember, Adjusters gain valuable indwelling experience on planets of the loan order; it does not follow that Adjusters only gain experience for advanced work in those mortal subjects who fail to survive.

Anyhow, I don’t remember from which chapter I read it from but the UB does say that even within our eternal development our Adjuster will only present to us the immediate useful facts (recorded from his past experience) that impinge on our actual need.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings again Alain!!

The connection between mortal and God Fragment is profoundly important and so interesting.  Their ministry to us is one of spiritization and discovery of truth in the religious experience which might lead to fusion.  Certainly, we are taught, they apply the entirety and totality of their prior experience to that task.

44:8.2 (507.7) There are three possible sources of special human ability: At the bottom always there exists the natural or inherent aptitude. Special ability is never an arbitrary gift of the Gods; there is always an ancestral foundation for every outstanding talent. In addition to this natural ability, or rather supplemental thereto, there may be contributed the leadings of the Thought Adjuster in those individuals whose indwelling Adjusters may have had actual and bona fide experiences along such lines on other worlds and in other mortal creatures. In those cases where both the human mind and the indwelling Adjuster are unusually skillful, the spirit artisans may be delegated to act as harmonizers of these talents and otherwise to assist and inspire these mortals to seek for ever-perfecting ideals and to attempt their enhanced portrayal for the edification of the realm.

109:6.1 (1200.1) Adjusters never fail; nothing worth surviving is ever lost; every meaningful value in every will creature is certain of survival, irrespective of the survival or nonsurvival of the meaning-discovering or evaluating personality. And so it is, a mortal creature may reject survival; still the life experience is not wasted; the eternal Adjuster carries the worth-while features of such an apparent life of failure over into some other world and there bestows these surviving meanings and values upon some higher type of mortal mind, one of survival capacity. No worth-while experience ever happens in vain; no true meaning or real value ever perishes.

109:6.2 (1200.2) As related to fusion candidates, if a Mystery Monitor is deserted by the mortal associate, if the human partner declines to pursue the ascending career, when released by natural death (or prior thereto), the Adjuster carries away everything of survival value which has evolved in the mind of that nonsurviving creature. If an Adjuster should repeatedly fail to attain fusion personality because of the nonsurvival of successive human subjects, and if this Monitor should subsequently be personalized, all the acquired experience of having indwelt and mastered all these mortal minds would become the actual possession of such a newly Personalized Adjuster, an endowment to be enjoyed and utilized throughout all future ages. A Personalized Adjuster of this order is a composite assembly of all the survival traits of all his former creature hosts.

Me here:  we are also warned of the very real dangers of believing in that which the mortal mind can easily invent as fictions, constructs, projections, visions, dreams, illusions, delusions, and memories as real or factual or revelatory.

100:5.6 (1099.4) If one is disposed to recognize a theoretical subconscious mind as a practical working hypothesis in the otherwise unified intellectual life, then, to be consistent, one should postulate a similar and corresponding realm of ascending intellectual activity as the superconscious level, the zone of immediate contact with the indwelling spirit entity, the Thought Adjuster. The great danger in all these psychic speculations is that visions and other so-called mystic experiences, along with extraordinary dreams, may be regarded as divine communications to the human mind. In times past, divine beings have revealed themselves to certain God-knowing persons, not because of their mystic trances or morbid visions, but in spite of all these phenomena.

100:5.8 (1099.6) There is great dangerassociated with the habitual practice of religious daydreaming; mysticism may become a technique of reality avoidance, albeit it has sometimes been a means of genuine spiritual communion. Short seasons of retreat from the busy scenes of life may not be seriously dangerous, but prolonged isolation of personality is most undesirable. Under no circumstances should the trancelike state of visionary consciousness be cultivated as a religious experience.

100:5.9 (1099.7) The characteristics of the mystical state are diffusion of consciousness with vivid islands of focal attention operating on a comparatively passive intellect. All of this gravitates consciousness toward the subconscious rather than in the direction of the zone of spiritual contact, the superconscious. Many mystics have carried their mental dissociation to the level of abnormal mental manifestations.

Me here:  we are taught to be both cognizant and wary of the power of mind and its capacity and ingerent design for creative invention!  Heroes, ghosts, gods, mythology, and metaphysical explanations for every phenomena and observation and hypothetical cause and effect that we do not understand are the results of the inherent functionality AND design of the mortal mind.

Belief in prior lives is hardly an unusual or profound metaphysical invention to explain fictional memories…especially when those are ‘received’ through any form of mediumship or enhanced, embellished, and articulated by trance or hypnotic ‘assistance’.  Those seeking to validate or offer proof of such memories to others provide no evidence with meaning or value.

Whatever the Thought Adjusters might share is certainly related to truth, beauty, and goodness realization and expression…and not a memory of any prior circumstance, situation, or event experienced by a different mortal from a different world and epoch who failed to fuse…I do not think.  But just an opinion after all.

The so called visions of past lives shared with me and I have read about all appear very specifically of earth bound humans in historical contexts, many are quite specific indeed!!!  Especially those alleged to be “well documented”…a euphemism for detailed in time, character, situation, and historical ‘verification’.  It is believed by some (falsely) that the more vivid the memories the more valid the memories.  And yet false and invented and embellished memories are most often the most vivid of all memories.

;-)

Alain
    Alain
    Participant

No counter-arguement on my part Bradly.

Many thanks for the info.

Cheers.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Alain, Bradly, et al

Would you care to comment about past life regression services, past life, and whether these phenomena are similar or in some way linked?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Another spammed post…help please.

Alain
    Alain
    Participant

Oh boy Mark !

Would you please let us know what exactly you are talking about? Why not give us your definition of past life regression services and past life. We can delve into that a bit I guess.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Alain, Bradly, et al Would you care to comment about past life regression services, past life, and whether these phenomena are similar or in some way linked?

From wiki:  Past life regression is a technique that uses hypnosis to recover what practitioners believe are memories of past lives or incarnations. Past-life regression is typically undertaken either in pursuit of a spiritual experience, or in a psychotherapeutic setting. Most advocates loosely adhere to beliefs about reincarnation,<sup id=”cite_ref-Skepdic_1-0″ class=”reference”>[1] though religious traditions that incorporate reincarnation generally do not include the idea of repressed memories of past lives.<sup id=”cite_ref-Cordon_2-0″ class=”reference”>[2]

The technique used during past-life regression involves the subject answering a series of questions while hypnotized to reveal identity and events of alleged past lives, a method similar to that used in recovered memory therapy.

In the modern era, it was the works of Madame Blavatsky, co-founder of the Theosophical Society, which brought it a new found popularity, especially in the West. French educator Allan Kardec also researched into past life regression in The Spirits Bookand Heaven and Hell. Past life regression therapy has been developed since the 1950s by psychologistspsychiatrists and mediums. The belief gained credibility because some of the advocates possess legitimate credentials, though these credentials were in areas unrelated to religion, psychotherapy or other domains dealing with past lives and mental health. Interest in the phenomenon started due to American housewife Virginia Tighe reporting and recounting the alleged memories of a 19th-century Irish woman named Bridey Murphy; later investigation failed to support the existence of such a woman and the memories were attributed to Tighe’s childhood during which she spent time living next to an Irish immigrant with great similarity to the character she described.<sup id=”cite_ref-Skepdic_1-1″ class=”reference”>[1]

Past life regression is widely rejected as a psychiatric treatment by clinical psychiatrists and psychologists. A 2006 survey found that a majority of a sample of doctoral level mental health professionals rated “Past Lives” therapy as “certainly discredited” as a treatment for mental or behavioral disorders.<sup id=”cite_ref-Norcross2006_7-0″ class=”reference”>[7]

Me here:  I feel I have already expressed my own understanding of false memories, especially those allegedly recovered and documented by hypnosis and memory-construction specialists.  Quackery.  The verification of fiction….for a price or for reputation.

The very state of hypnosis is to create a suggestive state.  It works.  Does it extract or implant?  Both.  Either.  Neither.  Depends on the objective and the hypnotist.  A splendid and effective technique for generating, embellishing, and/or confirming false memories.

If one believes the UB then they know there are no and have been no past lives ever lived by anyone.  So there is another explanation to the phenomenon.  False memories are common and frequent in human experience.   What more is needed to explain the false belief in false memories? :good:

Wiki again:  Hypnosis is a human condition involving focused attention, reduced peripheral awareness, and an enhanced capacity to respond to suggestion.<sup id=”cite_ref-Lynn_SJ_2015_2-0″ class=”reference”>[2]

There are competing theories explaining hypnosis and related phenomena. Altered state theories see hypnosis as an altered state of mind or trance, marked by a level of awareness different from the ordinary state of consciousness.<sup id=”cite_ref-3″ class=”reference”>[3]<sup id=”cite_ref-4″ class=”reference”>[4] In contrast, nonstatetheories see hypnosis as, variously, a type of placebo effect,<sup id=”cite_ref-:0_5-0″ class=”reference”>[5]<sup id=”cite_ref-:1_6-0″ class=”reference”>[6] a redefinition of an interaction with a therapist<sup id=”cite_ref-7″ class=”reference”>[7] or form of imaginative role enactment.<sup id=”cite_ref-8″ class=”reference”>[8]<sup id=”cite_ref-9″ class=”reference”>[9]<sup id=”cite_ref-10″ class=”reference”>[10]

During hypnosis, a person is said to have heightened focus and concentration.<sup id=”cite_ref-Segi_11-0″ class=”reference”>[11]Hypnotized subjects are said to show an increased response to suggestions.<sup id=”cite_ref-12″ class=”reference”>[12]Hypnosis usually begins with a hypnotic induction involving a series of preliminary instructions and suggestion. The use of hypnotism for therapeutic purposes is referred to as “hypnotherapy“, while its use as a form of entertainment for an audience is known as “stage hypnosis“. Stage hypnosis is often performed by mentalists practicing the art form of mentalism.

Hypnosis for pain management “is likely to decrease acute and chronic pain in most individuals.”<sup id=”cite_ref-Barrett2004_13-0″ class=”reference”>[13] The use of hypnosis in other contexts, such as a form of therapy to retrieve and integrate early trauma, is controversial within the medical or psychological mainstream. Research indicates that hypnotizing an individual may aid the formation of false memories,<sup id=”cite_ref-14″ class=”reference”>[14] and that hypnosis “does not help people recall events more accurately.”<sup id=”cite_ref-15″ class=”reference”>[15]

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Duplicate post….. ;-)

urantia4me
    Participant

Thank you Bradly and Alain and Mark for the discussion and UB quotes!  I particularly like/value the quote from Paper 109:6.2 which explains how “past-life memories” can sometimes exist WITHOUT validating “reincarnation”!  Thought Adjusters are always attempting to fuse with their assigned mortals (such as we humans on our physical planet Earth); however, if the TA’s assigned human refuses to continue with his/her ascension career upon his/her one-time death transition from physical planet Earth, then that TA is (at that point) free to become the TA of another previously-unassigned human.  So theoretically, that process could happen MANY times without being true reincarnation for ANY of those humans who had been sequentially assigned to a particular TA.  Yet, there is NOTHING other than intense opinions that Bradly (or anyone else) has logically presented in this reincarnation forum that prevents/forbids any Thought Adjuster from allowing any particular actions/thoughts/emotions (from previously assigned humans who subsequently chose extinction after their physical deaths) to purposely flow through the mind of any newly-assigned human.

Bradly, you particularly seem unable to perceive any usefulness for such previously-expressed actions/thought/emotions that are mistakenly perceived by some humans as THEIR past-life memories, but even if we agree that every human born is a “clean slate”, why would you insist that Thought Adjusters also act as “clean slates” each and every time?!  That would be a TERRIBLY INEFFICIENT way for Thought Adjusters to influence evolution on this planet!  And why, Bradly, would you be so unwilling to learn from other people’s successes and/or failures if your TA decided you could benefit from someone else’s past-life memories?!  Are you really suggesting that you can ONLY truly learn from your own personally-made successes and failures?!  With that kind of limited logic, then one would have to assume that when you were a child, the ONLY way for YOU to have known that it was UNSAFE to NOT look both ways before crossing a busy street was for YOU to carelessly walk into just such a busy street and get struck by a vehicle!  You know that is unreasonable – you know you have already learned SO MUCH from the successes and/or failures of OTHERS!  NO ONE lives life by ONLY learning from their own successes and failures!

Now before anyone thinks of accusing me of using such an absurd example, realize that I was only using hyperbole to show that it is actually quite reasonable to think that the memories of others who have lived before us could be quite useful to us who are living in the present.  And who better than our Thought Adjusters to determine which of those past human expressions and experiences would be most beneficial to have in our conscious and/or subconscious minds?!  All that I have shared in this post doesn’t necessarily mean that EVERYONE has a Thought Adjuster who had previously assigned humans – only that the Urantia Book shows us that there is an amazing range of possibilities that exist for us humans to evolve in a variety of ways beyond the limiting opinions too often expressed in this forum!  (By the way, Bradly, you keep emphasizing your adherence to science – as if others like myself are not adhering to science simply because I say there are impressive cases that can make one wonder about reincarnation?!  I find it funny how every person I have ever met in life who emphasizes how much they live according to science rather than superstition often has had excuses why they ignored science in other areas of their lives.  For example, I used to work with an atheist who was well-versed in the latest scientific discoveries and could quote from several atheistic scientists, while at the same time he would take every opportunity to bash the beliefs of mainstream Christians.  However, he also knew from the latest scientific research that smoking was bad for his health, but he smoked anyway!  In Sociology, that is called Cognitive Dissonance.  Like you have said in the past, we humans seem like funny monkeys sometimes, although monkeys would not foolishly smoke :-)

Until next time…and I will keep reading the UB in the meantime…

urantia4me
    Participant

OK – I just re-read something within Paper 109:4.6 that refutes the theoretical idea I posted in my last post – that none of the Thought Adjusters have not been on this planet Earth, however the following quote does seem to go along with the idea that Alain recently posted regarding the TA’s gaining many experiences from mortals on many other worlds prior to teaming up with us on planet Earth:

109:6.1 (1200.1) Adjusters never fail; nothing worth surviving is ever lost; every meaningful value in every will creature is certain of survival, irrespective of the survival or nonsurvival of the meaning-discovering or evaluating personality. And so it is, a mortal creature may reject survival; still the life experience is not wasted; the eternal Adjuster carries the worth-while features of such an apparent life of failure over into some other world and there bestows these surviving meanings and values upon some higher type of mortal mind, one of survival capacity.  No worth-while experience ever happens in vain; no true meaning or real value ever perishes.

So I apologize to Bradly – I should have just kept reading all the posts.  Today I also saw the UB quotes regarding mystic experiences and our night dreams – how they often drift into the somewhat unreliable subconscious mind rather than into the reliability of the superconscious mind.  Thus, I also see how info gathered via hypnosis – which generally accesses the subconscious rather than the superconscious – cannot always be a reliable source to provide info, at least as it pertains to the topic of reincarnation.

So it seems the only non-UB source of info regarding the topic of reincarnation that I have found thus far that corresponds to the UB is still the last chapter in book 3 of “Conversations With God” which explains how simultaneous realities may be sometimes misperceived by human minds as reincarnation.  I would also say the wealth of research/documentation from a few hundred years ago provided by Emmanuel Swedenborg still seems to correspond fairly well with the UB’s teachings on reincarnation.

Have a good week everyone :-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Michael….and All!!

A few comments:

First, if I have not been clear about this I hope to be very specific now – my opinions and beliefs are merely that, my opinions and beliefs.  My opinions have no importance or value, I do not think, to anyone else…or should not anyway.  We are not really gathered here to share personal opinions or beliefs except as those compare, contrast, and relate to the text of the Urantia Papers.  I do not think my opinions or beliefs are more accurate or more valuable than any others’ opinions and beliefs.  Nor do I think that opinions or beliefs are reliable reflections of universal fact and truth in any case…no matter their human sources (including both scientists and priests).  I have long agreed with the UB, even before finding and reading the UB, that neither the accuracy OR the falseness of human knowledge or belief determines anyone’s faith or salvation or personal religious experience and soul growth.  There are some very ignorant and unlearned saints among us!!  And some really well educated fools too!!

So….what I hope to discuss here is the contents and teachings of the Papers.  About reincarnation and all other matters brought forth for discussion and consideration here.  Not comparisons to my own beliefs which are mere opinions and perspectives of another tadpole among tadpoles after all.

Next…the UB makes it very clear that unreligious scientist and the unscientific religionist are both equally blind to universe reality and share a very false perspective, albeit polarized in opposition and equal distance from both fact and truth.   Neither blind radical is a reliable source for anything approaching truth.  The UB is also quite specific and redundant in teaching us that religious experience and truth realization and Circle Progress and wisdom CANNOT be imparted one to another…it cannot be given or loaned or borrowed or stolen or purchased.  Knowledge of facts can and are imparted from and to each other.  But personal evolution and experiential wisdom and spiritization are not functions of the memories or the experiences or the circumstances or situations or choices or consequences of any other person or being.  Or so I understand the teachings and text to say.

Alain has introduced a very interesting suggestion and proposition related to the Adjuster’s prior endowment experiences on other worlds that they utilize for their ministry and mission of soul growth and potential eternal fusion with other mortal beings and those few celestials who become humanized ascenders on the path to the Corps of Finality service.  109:6.2 certainly does NOT say that Adjuster’s transfer mortal memories from one mortal to any other mortals.  Neither have I yet found any text which suggests that they do or even might or explains how such memories would ever relate to those alleged prior-life memories claimed by some and implanted by mediums and hypnotists…none of which I have EVER read or heard to by the lives of aliens in alien worlds.   Now THAT would be something of great interest indeed.

109:6.2 (1200.2) As related to fusion candidates, if a Mystery Monitor is deserted by the mortal associate, if the human partner declines to pursue the ascending career, when released by natural death (or prior thereto), the Adjuster carries away everything of survival value which has evolved in the mind of that nonsurviving creature. If an Adjuster should repeatedly fail to attain fusion personality because of the nonsurvival of successive human subjects, and if this Monitor should subsequently be personalized, all the acquired experience of having indwelt and mastered all these mortal minds would become the actual possession of such a newly Personalized Adjuster, an endowment to be enjoyed and utilized throughout all future ages. A Personalized Adjuster of this order is a composite assembly of all the survival traits of all his former creature hosts.

Me here:  As to science, consider a study of the topic in the text which teaches us that it is science and reason and logic that deliver humanity from superstition and barbarity and the bondage of primitivism. To promote primitivism and superstition as more desirable or functional than science is to ignore reality itself. Understanding of reality is innate and inherent to our very being and science is that functional methodology which helps discover, explain, and understand both causes and effects – and to effectively manage and manipulate the material universe in beneficial ways according to the laws of physics and in God’s creation as is part of the Divine purpose and plan. God is the First scientist and all of creation is a reflection of the science of creation and evolution!!

(59.3) 4:4.7 In science, God is the First Cause; in religion, the universal and loving Father; in philosophy, the one being who exists by himself, not dependent on any other being for existence but beneficently conferring reality of existence on all things and upon all other beings. But it requires revelation to show that the First Cause of science and the self-existent Unity of philosophy are the God of religion, full of mercy and goodness and pledged to effect the eternal survival of his children on earth.

(192.6) 16:6.10 In the local universe mind bestowals, these three insights of the cosmic mind constitute the a priori assumptions which make it possible for man to function as a rational and self-conscious personality in the realms of science, philosophy, and religion. Stated otherwise, the recognition of the reality of these three manifestations of the Infinite is by a cosmic technique of self-revelation. Matter-energy is recognized by the mathematical logic of the senses; mind-reason intuitively knows its moral duty; spirit-faith (worship) is the religion of the reality of spiritual experience. These three basic factors in reflective thinking may be unified and co-ordinated in personality development, or they may become disproportionate and virtually unrelated in their respective functions. But when they become unified, they produce a strong character consisting in the correlation of a factual science, a moral philosophy, and a genuine religious experience. And it is these three cosmic intuitions that give objective validity, reality, to man’s experience in and with things, meanings, and values.

(192.7) 16:6.11 It is the purpose of education to develop and sharpen these innate endowments of the human mind; of civilization to express them; of life experience to realize them; of religion to ennoble them; and of personality to unify them.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant
    Alain
    Alain
    Participant

We discover much upon re-reading papers 107 to 112.

I like to speculate that our TAs make great use of their past experiences and that what we may interpret as past life experience would be imprints within our superconscious level (the soul) of the fact values recorded from the Adjuster from his past experiences with past inhabited humans. When, and if we may be priviledge to have such visions, humans take for granted that they have actually been there before. They are right in a certain sense cause their Adjuster was there. We just confuse our own experience with the one our Adjuster provides.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 563 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.