Personality pattern unique to Nebadon

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Personality pattern unique to Nebadon

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RichardRosen
    RichardRosen
    Participant

Personality is spirit pattern bestowed by the Father. I had thought that each spirit-pattern was determined exclusively by the Father.  However, this sentence implies that the Father directs each Son to choose a generic personality pattern for his universe. The Father then bestows personality variations  within this general spirit-pattern upon the creatures of time. Each universe therefore has a unique personality pattern based on that of a Havona creature.

What think you?

A Creator Son uses the creatures of Havona as personality-pattern possibilities for his own mortal children and spirit beings. The Michael and other Paradise Sons view Paradise and Havona as the divine destiny of the children of time.” 14:6.28 (162.3)

André
    André
    Participant

Hi Richard,

… good head-scratcher question.

TUB reveals to us “personality” is unique, there is no duplicate or copy. 0:5.11

In  14:6.28  it is revealed Michael took as example the inhabitants of Havona. Possibility ideal for his children. As Paradise represent a ideal pattern to reach for Nebadon’s universe material beauty.

21:2.5 2. …. Creature designs and types are controlled by the Eternal Son. Before a Creator Son may engage in the creation of any new type of being, any new design of creature, he must secure the consent of the Eternal and Original Mother Son.

André

RichardRosen
    RichardRosen
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Andre.

I would say that “Creature designs and types” comprise the energy patterns and systems on which personality is superimposed. So the Eternal Son would not have involvement in the selection of Havona native personality types by the Creator Sons – at least not directly.

As each superuniverse has its unique flavor based on its Master Spirit, so does the personality individuation by universe lend to a designed diversity throughout the grand universe.

So the question: why was it designed this way? We grow by rubbing elbows with beings different than ourselves. At each phase of our ascent, we come into contact with diverse orders of celestial beings and also mortals of different universes with their basic personality differentiation. Looking at it this way, generic personality type for each universe augments individual growth.

I like to apply things that are somewhat abstract to our situation on Urantia. Each country has its own culture and when we interact with another culture we enlarge our perspective of reality and grow from it.

Enough musings for this morning.

Richard

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

A Creator Son uses the creatures of Havona as personality-pattern possibilities for his own mortal children and spirit beings. The Michael and other Paradise Sons view Paradise and Havona as the divine destiny of the children of time.” 14:6.28 (162.3)

Hello Richard, have you given thought to how these quotes relate to 14:6.28?

1:5.6  The natures of the Paradise Creator Sons do not encompass all the unqualified potentials of the universal absoluteness of the infinite nature of the First Great Source and Center, but the Universal Father is in every way divinely present in the Creator Sons. The Father and his Sons are one. These Paradise Sons of the order of Michael are perfect personalities, even the pattern for all local universe personality from that of the Bright and Morning Star down to the lowest human creature of progressing animal evolution.
    6:7.2 The personality of the Paradise Son is absolute and purely spiritual, and this absolute personality is also the divine and eternal pattern, first, of the Father’s bestowal of personality upon the Conjoint Actor and, subsequently, of his bestowal of personality upon the myriads of his creatures throughout a far-flung universe.
    RichardRosen
    RichardRosen
    Participant

Bonita: How interesting that Michael is the perfect personality and the pattern for all local universe created intelligences. It would seem to imply that there would not be a modification of the pattern based on the patterns of Havona residents. But that is not the case since it clearly states that “the creatures of Havona (are) personality-pattern possibilities for his own mortal children and spirit beings.”

It seems there is a hierarchy of personality pattern modification: the personality of the Paradise Son begins it all. He provides the pattern of even the “Father’s bestowal of personality.” And from this “divine and eternal pattern” is derived the perfect personalities of the order of Michael, who in turn modifies the personality pattern of his local universe based on the Havona “personality-pattern possibilities.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

It is a bit of a logics conundrum for me, I admit.  But I would say that the Michaels or Creator Sons don’t actually modify personality patterns themselves, but rather modify their creatures to accommodate them.  I think responsibility for personality bestowals, and if there is such a thing as modification of personality pattern, would fall solely upon the First Source and Center.

What seems more likely to me is that life forms are created or planned for personality patterns of a certain type. And since the Creator Son is the pattern for all the personalities in his universe, his creative powers would be specific for that pattern type.  For instance, I’m wondering if the Nebadon type personality pattern actually gets it’s specific character more from its physical and mental components, which are created by the Creator Son and Creative Spirit of our universe.  Whatever the specific personality pattern is, it would then be better suited to unify those components which were specifically created for it. In the quote below about Urantia type personalities,  it mentions a Nebadon type of organism and a Nebadon order of the Orvonton series of cosmic mind, but I can’t find a reference to a Nebadon personality pattern type, but that would be the Nebadon Creator Son’s own personality, I think.

16:8.15 The Urantia type of human personality may be viewed as functioning in a physical mechanism consisting of the planetary modification of the Nebadon type of organism belonging to the electrochemical order of life activation and endowed with the Nebadon order of the Orvonton series of the cosmic mind of parental reproductive pattern. . . .

Then there’s this quote which makes me think I’m close to being right because Havona is a pattern for more than just personality:

14:6.27 5. The Co-ordinate Creator Sons. Havona is the educational training ground where the Paradise Michaels are prepared for their subsequent adventures in universe creation. This divine and perfect creation is a pattern for every Creator Son. He strives to make his own universe eventually attain to these Paradise-Havona levels of perfection.

But that doesn’t solve the problem of these two quotes from the section on The Purpose of the Central Universe:

14:6.28A Creator Son uses the creatures of Havona as personality-pattern possibilities for his own mortal children and spirit beings. The Michael and other Paradise Sons view Paradise and Havona as the divine destiny of the children of time.

14:6.37 7. The Evolutionary Mortals of the Ascending Career. Havona is the home of the pattern personality of every mortal type and the home of all superhuman personalities of mortal association who are not native to the creations of time.

The Havona citizens are perfect personalities.  We mortals, when we arrive there, will be perfected personalities.  Perhaps what they mean is that we will find our existentially perfect personality counterpart on Havona and be able to appreciate our own experientially perfected personality in contrast – actually complement one another.  Don’t know.

Here’s another thought.  If a Creator Son is conceived from the union of a specific absolute spiritual identity with a specific absolute personality concept, then the Creator Son’s personality and creative nature are bound together around a singular combination of a perfect idea and a perfect ideal.  Everything that this Creator Son then creates will have his hereditary markings, which go all the way back to Paradise.  Those pattern personalities on Havona which serve as possibilities would be those who share some feature of the perfect idea and/or perfect ideal which gave rise to his own existence.  Not sure if I worded that clearly enough.  Still thinking.

Gene
    Participant

It may not apply here but I can’t help but think about our co-creator the local universe mother. Isn’t her personality third source? Bestowed by the Infinite Spirit?

Two sources of personality – Son – first source and Mother third source – also maybe two sources of Will.

do you think she has any influence on the Sons personality type selection?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

do you think she has any influence on the Sons personality type selection?

I think the Creator Son picks the pattern.

34:0.3 These Daughter Spirits are of the essence of the Infinite Spirit, but they cannot function in the work of physical creation and spiritual ministry simultaneously. In physical creation the Universe Son provides the pattern while the Universe Spirit initiates the materialization of physical realities. The Son operates in the power designs, but the Spirit transforms these energy creations into physical substances. Although it is somewhat difficult to portray this early universe presence of the Infinite Spirit as a person, nevertheless, to the Creator Son the Spirit associate is personal and has always functioned as a distinct individual.

RichardRosen
    RichardRosen
    Participant

I think you are onto something Bonita by associating the particular pattern-personality possibility selected by Michael for Nebadon with the modified Urantia type of “physical mechanism.” The personality type of Nebadon would be fine-tuned for each planet (16:8.15 The Urantia type of human personality…). This would take into account both the physical mechanism of the person and the physical nature of the planet. For example, nonbreathers would have a personality differentiation better suited to its environment than air breathers. “Havona is the home of the pattern personality of every mortal type “ (14:6.37).

I wondered why in 14:6.28 the sentence below follows Havona creatures being personality-pattern possibilities for Michael’s “children and spirit beings?” The sentence is: “The Michael and other Paradise Sons view Paradise and Havona as the divine destiny of the children of time.”

It is what you conjecture Bonita, “We will find our existentially perfect personality counterpart on Havona .” We will have an affinity toward those Havona creatures from which Michael chose a “pattern-personality possibility.”

I also like your idea that the pattern personality on Havona chosen by the Creator Son would align optimally with the “perfect idea and/or perfect ideal which gave rise to” the existence of the Creator Son.

Looking at it all this way I believe would resolve the problem of the two quotes that you note:

14:6.28A Creator Son uses the creatures of Havona as personality-pattern possibilities for his own mortal children and spirit beings. The Michael and other Paradise Sons view Paradise and Havona as the divine destiny of the children of time.

14:6.37 7. The Evolutionary Mortals of the Ascending Career. Havona is the home of the pattern personality of every mortal type and the home of all superhuman personalities of mortal association who are not native to the creations of time.

André
    André
    Participant

… so Richard, have you a better understanding today then 3 weeks ago ?

With yours questioning I perceived a little better grasping of archetypes versus copy.

105:2.6 (1154.5)  The Universal Controller. I AM cause of eternal Paradise. This is the primal impersonal relationship of actualities, the original nonspiritual association. The Universal Father is God-as-love; the Universal Controller is God-as-pattern. This relationship establishes the potential of form—configuration—and determines the master pattern of impersonal and nonspiritual relationship—the master pattern from which all copies are made.

André

RichardRosen
    RichardRosen
    Participant

Yes, Andre, this interchange has deepened my understanding of pattern (archetypes) and copies. The concept was somewhat hazy; the way I see it now is that all non-existential creation is comprised of copies, either personal (personality) or “impersonal and nonspiritual (105:2.6).”

Regarding personality, there appears to be a descending differentiation of pattern:

• originating in “the divine Father of all personality…absolute personality” (105:2.11) through the Eternal Son, the “divine and eternal pattern” (6:7.2);
    • extending to the Havona personalities: “Havona is the home of the pattern personality of every mortal type “ (14:6.37), and “A Creator Son uses the creatures of Havona as personality-pattern possibilities for his own mortal children and spirit beings” (14:6.28).
    • continuing in the Creator Sons whose “perfect personalities…(serve as) the pattern for all local universe personality (1:5.6);
    • and terminating in the planetary types, as in “the Urantia type of human personality…” (16:8.15).

Thank you all for this stimulating, mind stretching, and rewarding interchange.

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Hello RichardRosen,

Your comments, as retrieved above, landed in the spam folder for an unknown reason.

Thanks for your patience.

Moderator-1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.