PENTECOST – 1985th Anniversary

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions PENTECOST – 1985th Anniversary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Good Pentecost Forum Friends!

According to the Midwayers, the Spirit of Truth was bestowed on Urantia (and the rest of Nebadon) on May 18, forty days after the Master ascended on April 8, 30 AD.

The Spirit of Truth is like the human mouth in that it has many functions. The mouth can smile and frown, sing and whistle, breathe and talk, taste and chew, show a range of emotions, kiss and play a harmonica.

Besides its CENTRAL function of revealing divine truth, consider these other seven diverse functions given us by the authors:

The Spirit of Truth is directly connected to the highest philosophical thinking:

…Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth…. (1108.1) 101:3.2

It directs love’s touch:

…the Spirit of Truth, who directs the loving contact of one human being with another…. (1950:6) 180:5.11

It provides comfort:

“…As my Father has given me of his spirit, so will I give you of my spirit. And this Spirit of Truth which I will bestow upon you shall guide and comfort you and shall eventually lead you into all truth….” (1948.3) 180:4.2

Beauty:

…The spirit which my Father and I shall send into the world is not only the Spirit of Truth but also the spirit of idealistic beauty…. (1732.4) 155:6.11

Character:

…The Spirit of Truth is concerned primarily with the revelation of the Father’s spirit nature and the Son’s moral character. The Creator Son, in the flesh, revealed God to men; the Spirit of Truth, in the heart, reveals the Creator Son to men…. (2062.10) 194:3.1

Achievement:

…The pouring out of the Spirit of Truth provides the spiritual foundation for the realization of great achievements in the interests of the human race of the bestowal world…. (820.3) 72:12.5

Conviction:

…The new teacher is the conviction of truth, the consciousness and assurance of true meanings on real spirit levels. And this new teacher is the spirit of living and growing truth, expanding, unfolding, and adaptative truth…. (1949.3) 180:5.1

And for Bible lovers, there is this verse is from the New Testament Gospel of John, chapter 16. Jesus indicates the SoT also brings the power of prophesy:

13 “…when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.”

Richard E Warren

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Well said Rick. Thank you.

From Sydney, Australia

Julian
    Julian
    Participant

Dear Rick,

Thank you for those reminders of how great a gift has been bestowed upon us…..the gift of Michael’s friendship and fellowship.

Already is my Father’s spirit in your hearts, and when this day shall come, you will also have me with you even as you now have the Father. This new gift is the spirit of living truth. P.1948:2

Blessings to you!

Julian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.