PAPER 182 – IN GETHSEMANE

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    nelsong
    Participant

“…Sleep on now and take your rest; the time of decision is past….” (1968.5)182:3.4

The decision being weather or not to use his superhuman powers or allow angles to intervene?

Don’t you think the human Jesus would have enjoyed living longer and dying of old age?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

“…Sleep on now and take your rest; the time of decision is past….” (1968.5)182:3.4 The decision being weather or not to use his superhuman powers or allow angles to intervene? Don’t you think the human Jesus would have enjoyed living longer and dying of old age?

Whether or not to drink the cup, I thought.

Hmmm…don’t know about dying old. If it were you, wouldn’t you want to get back to your ‘real job’?

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    nelsong wrote:  The decision being weather or not to use his superhuman powers or allow angles to intervene?

You may recall that Jesus made his decision back in 24 AD, while spending 40 days in the Perean hills, that he would refrain from all superhuman intervention when the crisis of his life should come.  The decision he spoke of that horrible night of April 6, 30 AD at Gethsemane, was his Father’s decision.

136:7.1 What would be his attitude when confronted by personal danger? He decided to exercise normal watchcare over his human safety and to take reasonable precaution to prevent the untimely termination of his career in the flesh but to refrain from all superhuman intervention when the crisis of his life in the flesh should come.

nelsong
    Participant

It appears to me that this decision could have been influenced by his sleeping apostles. How, do you suppose – that is if I am reading this right.

I suppose it is likely that their moral support is all that Jesus needed but I read it to be more than that.

Also, the attitude of the angelic observers is so similar to those apostles who would gird themselves with swords to protect their Master. Angles are indeed close to humans.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    nelsong wrote:  It appears to me that this decision could have been influenced by his sleeping apostles.
    I’m quite certain that the apostles could not have influenced God’s decision in any way.  Jesus simply wanted human companionship and was disappointed in their lack of concern about what was happening to him.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.