"No man goes to the Father except through me."

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions "No man goes to the Father except through me."

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Its a good question, Gene. Seemingly we all face this same challenge in different ways.

Attraction is a word that often comes to mind when thinking of your question. Jesus was spiritually attractive, so we should also attempt to attract people to his ways by meeting people just where they are in spiritual need. When we try to evangelize our religion we tend to drive people away.

Talking to people we could ask a few questions that may come to mind to ascertain if there is interest and proceed from there. Find out if there is any curiosity in a person. The answers to your question will come if we are sincere in relating to people and, as we have so often heard, seek the Father’s will, applying that to all relationships.

And also, we’ll get better as we pray and try our best for each opportunity.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Seems to me that finding Jesus and the Father does not imply exposure to text or religious dogmas.

You’re right.  Jesus is living truth and God the Father is living Love.  If a person embraces truth and love, then that person has seen the Father and the Son and are on “the way”.  It has nothing at all to do with the Bible or Christianity.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“You’re right. Jesus is living truth and God the Father is living Love.”

That’s quite a Team!

“If a person embraces truth and love, then that person has seen the Father and the Son and are on “the way”.”

Talk about “Good News“; and a revelation whose time has come   :good:

Regarding how and why Michael serves, literally, as the truly living and loving Way from here to our Father’s house, I expect it must be a team effort. There must be some sequence of levels of consciousness made accessible by his Divine Minister that makes it possible for us baby persons to discover, recognize, interpret and choose; that makes possible our gentle emergence as “Choosers“… whose choices do not change, given a million or billion fresh moments in which freely to newly choose. See 118:1.2 ,

A million or a billion moments makes no difference;” (118:1.2, 1295.2)

Combine our personal emergence with Michael’s personal presence, and the stage is set for His Father’s pre-personal fragments to be personalized by the human technique. Hence this paragraph is one of my favorites:

And then, when such a universe has been so completely organized and so repletely manned, does the Creator Son enter into the Father’s proposal to create mortal man in their divine image.” (359.5, 32:2.8)

What might seem like a simple command — “Let us make mortal man” — runs absolutely deep!

See: (78.3, 6:5.7), (110.7, 10:3.1), (359.5, 32:2.8)

Regarding “what is love”

Anyone who’s done a little biochemistry or physics knows that the entire material domain is powered by tiny things tickling each other with photons — the first of the 3 kinds of light discussed in section 6.8 of the Foreword, 6.8.

Likewise, once we discover that any and every truly personal interaction between persons is (literally) mediated by love, then “love” becomes the 4th and foremost of the four kinds of characteristic light that power the four phases of reality: material, mindal, spiritual, personal.

In other words, for me, love is the very “stuff” of the personality circuit, literally the currency of the economy of the personal domain.

Regarding the fact that no one goes to the Father (180:3.7) but via Michael, as a literalist I’ve always assumed this simply means that none of us launch from Nebadon until we are given that status ticket: “First-Stage Spirit” by our amazing foster father.

See: (39:1.11), (48:1.5), (48:3.8), (49:0.1).

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I can’t think of Michael as a foster father.  He is our Creator Father-Son.  If it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t even have a physical beginning at all.   Another thing to consider about The Way is the fact that it is the road to Supremacy, which our Creator Father-Son has Mastered and now guides us on, well past Nebadon, in fact, all the way to eternal deity finality.

117.3.4  Your Creator Son can actually be such a living channel from humanity to divinity since he has personally experienced the fullness of the traversal of this universe path of progression, from the true humanity of Joshua ben Joseph, the Son of Man, to the Paradise divinity of Michael of Nebadon, the Son of the infinite God. Similarly can the Supreme Being function as the universe approach to the transcendence of finite limitations, for he is the actual embodiment and personal epitome of all creature evolution, progression, and spiritualization. Even the grand universe experiences of the descending personalities from Paradise are that part of his experience which is complemental to his summation of the ascending experiences of the pilgrims of time.

21:6.4 Just as the Deity of the Supreme is actualizing by virtue of experiential service, so are the Creator Sons achieving the personal realization of the Paradise-divinity potentials bound up in their unfathomable natures. When on Urantia, Christ Michael once said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” And we believe that in eternity the Michaels are literally destined to be “the way, the truth, and the life,” ever blazing the path for all universe personalities as it leads from supreme divinity through ultimate absonity to eternal deity finality. 

117:5.9 While such spiritual influences as the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth are local universe ministrations, their guidance is not wholly confined to the geographic limitations of a given local creation. As the ascending mortal passes beyond the boundaries of his local universe of origin, he is not entirely deprived of the ministry of the Spirit of Truth which has so constantly taught and guided him through the philosophic mazes of the material and morontial worlds, in every crisis of ascension unfailingly directing the Paradise pilgrim, ever saying: “This is the way.” When you leave the domains of the local universe, through the ministry of the spirit of the emerging Supreme Being and through the provisions of superuniverse reflectivity, you will still be guided in your Paradise ascent by the comforting directive spirit of the Paradise bestowal Sons of God.

119.8.7  In passing through the experience of revealing the Seven Master Spirit wills of the Trinity, the Creator Son has passed through the experience of revealing the will of the Supreme. In functioning as a revelator of the will of Supremacy, Michael, together with all other Master Sons, has identified himself eternally with the Supreme. In this universe age he reveals the Supreme and participates in the actualization of the sovereignty of Supremacy. But in the next universe age we believe he will be collaborating with the SupremeBeing in the first experiential Trinity for and in the universes of outer space.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“I can’t think of Michael as a foster father.  He is our Creator Father-Son.  If it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t even have a physical beginning at all.”

Hi Bonita — Agreed, thinking of Nebadon as an amazing nursery and school, everything about these facilities and opportunities we owe to Michael and his Divine minister!  In every sense they make our existence and ascent possible. But in terms of personality, with regard to the real You, is not Michael’s Father the actual Father of your personality?  From 15:0.1,

AS FAR as the Universal Father is concerned — as a Father — the universes are virtually nonexistent; he deals with personalities; he is the Father of personalities.” (164.1, 15:0.1)

Given the absolute nature of our personality, and its Source and Center, even the entire master universe ascent is but a moment of opportunity;  simply the creation of certain finite and transcendental foundations.  From 106:7.8,

At the inconceivably distant future eternity moment of the final completion of the entire master universe, no doubt we will all look back upon its entire history as only the beginning, simply the creation of certain finite and transcendental foundations for even greater and more enthralling metamorphoses in uncharted infinity. At such a future eternity moment the master universe will still seem youthful; indeed, it will be always young in the face of the limitless possibilities of never-ending eternity.” (1170.1, 106:7.8“)

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

But in terms of personality, with regard to the real You, is not Michael’s Father the actual Father of your personality?

Michael is the perfect revelation of the Universal Father’s personality.  If you’ve seen Michael, you’ve seen his Father.  And as a bonus, if you’ve seen Michael, you’ve also seen a perfect revelation of the Supreme.

I think the absolute personality is the Eternal Son, right?

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

Nigel Nunn wrote:

“But in terms of personality, with regard to the real You, is not Michael’s Father the actual Father of your personality?”

“Michael is the perfect revelation of the Universal Father’s personality. If you’ve seen Michael, you’ve seen his Father. And as a bonus, if you’ve seen Michael, you’ve also seen a perfect revelation of the Supreme.
    I think the absolute personality is the Eternal Son, right?”

Right!  And as you know, the Father of that absolute person is also the Father of all Creator Sons, and of You!

This is the ‘Good News’ Jesus was on about   :-)

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This is the ‘Good News’ Jesus was on about

I agree.  If it weren’t for him I would have no idea what God’s personality is all about let alone my own.  Thank you Jesus.

André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

Particularities about Michaël [primary Son] and a Avonal [secondary Son] orders.

• both possed S/T
    • winning through experience the first degee as Master Son Creator, His S/T change nature and turn out to became the spirit of the sovereign Michael [S/SM]. An enhancement. So wherever Michaël have poured out His S/T and wherever He will, it will be S/SM.   20:6.9.
    • only Son Creator is created with innate dotation to attract to him His creation’s childs. Only The Michaël is impart with this attractive “living way” process in time and space domain.

His “living way” dotation’s attraction will always beaconed His childrens … outside Nebadon, at Father’s house , outside 4 circles under creation and even blazing the trail in Absolute realm. For us, His numerous types created childrens are endowent with our Father/brother “living way” will.

And where there’s a will, there’s ….

André

André
    André
    Participant

Hi siblings,

Bradley  post # 8266

And yet, not all worlds have the Spirit of Truth, do they?
    Was this said for our world or all worlds?

No, a sequence of prerequisitise must be reach to allowed a planet to “be poured the S/T” (Spirit of Truth) coming from a Avonal + the S\T from a spirit of the sovereign Michael [S/SM]. 20:6.8

Bradley, a sequencial Divine agenda must be observed. In primitive ages of any worlds when biological status of humanoides arrive inevitabily to an exhaustion, Material Sons of God must be sent in. Uplifting biological status of humanoides prepared them, among others, for a better co-operation with S/T, S/SM and T/A.

Exception of the world choose for incarnation of The Creator Son, all others worlds will benefit  bestowal of secondary Paradise Sons, the Avonals. 20:2.9

… Then, the Spirit of Truth is … bestowal upon an evolving world. 20:5.3.                One by one.

And in no way are these planetary services inferior to the mortal bestowals of the Michaels.o

Sooner or later, regardless of spiritual status, every mortal-inhabited world is destined to become host to a Magisterial Son [Avonal] on a bestowal mission except the one planet in each local universe whereon a Creator Son elects to make his mortal bestowal.
    [n.b. anyone noticed with Avonals, spiritual status is of no importance?… and on our it was vital ! ]
    maintaining the light of truth on Urantia. Machiventa 93:1.2

UB mention about an Avonal when he have done an effusion on a planet, when he return at headquarter of Nebadon He send His Spirit of Truth and Michaël do the same with His S/T do the same with His S/SM.

André
    p.s. I must admit I cannot make head or tail of it. … Is there a difference with S/T and S/SM ? Must be, otherwise why change its nature ? Maybee, soverity of a universe implied actualisation of potentials ! Could that be Supreme or/and Ultime’s potentials? For sure experiencing all those 7 effusions add exquisites refinement to theirs perfections.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m not sure what you’re saying André but I’ll give you my spin on it. I’m not sure I got this 100% right but I’m sure someone will correct me if need be.

When an Avonal Son incarnates on a planet for a bestowal mission and completes it, he then sends a conjoint Spirit of Truth to that planet.  That Spirit of Truth is a combination of the personal spirits of both the bestowal Avonal Son and the Michael Son of that local universe.  This Spirit of Truth is a joint spirit of the Sons.  This happens on all planets in the local universe, each with their own individual Avonal Son/Michael Son conjoint Spirit of Truth.  Each Avonal has his own personality, which is what makes them all somewhat different and specific for each planet, I think.

Once a  Michael Son completes his own seventh bestowal mission, all of those conjoint Spirit of Truths on all the other planets in his local universe have a transformation of character or nature. The Master Michael Son’s new Spirit of Truth is also a dual natured spirit but now it becomes the spirit of the Master Michael Son combined with the Universal Father.  It gets kicked up a notch.  However, the Avonal Son’s contribution remains as an associated spirit of the Master Michael Son.  I don’t know how that works, but it must be because the planets who had bestowal Avonal Sons would feel orphaned without their Avonal who had previously revealed the nature of the Eternal Son to them.  Just a guess.

20:6.8 Thereupon the bestowal Avonal and the Creator Son send their conjoint Spirit of Truth to function in the hearts of the mortal races dwelling on the bestowal world. In the presovereignty ages of a local universe, this is the joint spirit of both Sons, implemented by the Creative Spirit.

194:2.3 This bestowal of the Son’s spirit effectively prepared all normal men’s minds for the subsequent universal bestowal of the Father’s spirit (the Adjuster) upon all mankind. In a certain sense, this Spirit of Truth is the spirit of both the Universal Father and the Creator Son.

194:2.16 4. The spirit of the Universal Father and the Creator Son — the Spirit of Truth, generally regarded as the spirit of the Universe Son.

Is that what you were looking for or have I wandered off the reservation?

André
    André
    Participant

Hi Bonita,

Is that what you were looking for or have I wandered off the reservation? Bonita

You didn’t cross the line “au contraire”.Always a pleasure to chitchat colored point of view.

André

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.