"No man goes to the Father except through me."

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions "No man goes to the Father except through me."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

180:3.7 When Jesus heard Thomas, he answered: “Thomas, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man goes to the Father except through me. All who find the Father, first find me. If you know me, you know the way to the Father.

When Michael became a Master Creator Son new potentials were actualized in our universe that illuminate a path to eternity through him.  Is anyone interested in discussing the meaning of this powerful quote?

Hello again Bonita,

This is definitely  worth exploring.   I would be interested in hearing commentary about this topic.  Knowing that the Spirit of Truth ( Michael’s Spirit ), in difference to all the other spirit forces in and around us, will TEACH and GUIDE us all the way to the Father’s spiritual presence, then it stands to reason that will become well aquatinted with his Spirit before leaving Nebadon.  The basic understanding I have Bonita.

Praying for the forward momentum of Brotherhood on our world

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

And yet, not all worlds have the Spirit of Truth, do they?  Was this said for our world or all worlds?  And, if not by the ministry of the Spirit of Truth he gave us, then what is the meaning?  The Creator Sons blaze the trail for their creations to Paradise and demonstrate/represent the Father to those creations.  How does a Master Son differ in that regard?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: How does a Master Son differ in that regard?

A Master Michael is a revelation of the Supreme.  I think your question about other worlds without the Spirit of Truth is worth exploring.  Do you have any ideas?

Bernard Gabriel Belarski wrote:  Knowing that the Spirit of Truth ( Michael’s Spirit ), in difference to all the other spirit forces in and around us, will TEACH and GUIDE us all the way to the Father’s spiritual presence, then it stands to reason that will become well aquatinted with his Spirit before leaving Nebadon.

Yes, that’s right. But you don’t become well acquainted with the Spirit, you become well acquainted with Michael, and it begins right here on earth.

2061:02  Do not make the mistake of expecting to become strongly intellectually conscious of the outpoured Spirit of Truth. The spirit never creates a consciousness of himself, only a consciousness of Michael, the Son.

p1286:7 117:5.9  When you leave the domains of the local universe, through the ministry of the spirit of the emerging Supreme Being and through the provisions of superuniverse reflectivity, you will still be guided in your Paradise ascent by the comforting directive spirit of the Paradise bestowal Sons of God.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m curious.  Does anyone on this forum believe that people who do not confess to be followers of Jesus will be denied ascension?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Couldn’t believe that if you’ve read the Revelation!!  Well….read it and believe it that is.

G’Day Bonita&Bradly

Yes, that’s right. But you don’t become well acquainted with the Spirit, you become well acquainted with Michael, and it begins right here on earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps I misspoke, The Incarnation and Bestowal life of Michael was lived for all mortals throughout Nebadon.

The quote below is the counsel of Immanuel. This Trinity personality in Nebadon advises Michael.

(1328.4) 120:2.7 “7. In all that you may perform on the world of your bestowal, bear constantly in mind that you are living a life for the instruction and edification of all your universe. You are <em style=”color: #000000;”>bestowing this life of mortal incarnation upon Urantia, but you are to <em style=”color: #000000;”>live such a life for the spiritual inspiration of every human and superhuman intelligence that has lived, now exists, or may yet live on every inhabited world which has formed, now forms, or may yet form a part of the vast galaxy of your administrative domain. Your earth life in the likeness of mortal flesh shall not be so lived as to constitute an <em style=”color: #000000;”>example for the mortals of Urantia in the days of your earthly sojourn nor for any subsequent generation of human beings on Urantia or on any other world. Rather shall your life in the flesh on Urantia be the <em style=”color: #000000;”>inspiration for all lives upon all Nebadon worlds throughout all generations in the ages to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This next reference makes me humble in my attitude about the Master.

(2090.4) 196:1.3 To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master’s life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose. Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.

Because we only get a circumscribed view of the Master’s life, I have conjectured that I will be completely instructed in all manner of understanding of how he achieved divinity attributes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Michael became a Master Creator Son new potentials were actualized in our universe that illuminate a path to eternity through him.

As I interpret the meaning of the quote below, I have discerned that there is a refreshing of potentials and actuals as the maturity of the individual, and the maturity of the planet moves toward a mutual understanding of the brotherhood significance of both ascenders&descenders.

(1278.6) 117:1.2 In the persons of the Supreme Creators the Gods have descended from Paradise to the domains of time and space, there to create and to evolve creatures with Paradise-attainment capacity who can ascend thereto in quest of the Father. This universe procession of descending God-revealing Creators and ascending God-seeking creatures is revelatory of the Deity evolution of the Supreme, in whom both descenders and ascenders achieve mutuality of understanding, the discovery of eternal and universal brotherhood. The Supreme Being thus becomes the finite synthesis of the experience of the perfect-Creator cause and the perfecting-creature response.

And yet, not all worlds have the Spirit of Truth, do they?

(407.8) 37:2.8 One of the high duties of the Evening Stars is to accompany the Avonal bestowal Sons on their planetary missions, even as Gabriel accompanied Michael on his Urantia bestowal. The two attending superangels are the ranking personalities of such missions, serving as cocommanders of the archangels and all others assigned to these undertakings. It is the senior of these superangel commanders who, at the significant time and age, bids the Avonal bestowal Son, “Be about your brother’s business.”

Repletion is continually being superimposed upon completion.

(1280.5) 117:2.5…  You mortals now living on Urantia who may aspire to Paradise attainment and finaliter status should understand that such a destiny is only realizable because you are in and of the Supreme, hence are participants in the cycle of the growth of the Supreme.

Two maybe three cents worth… :-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

…will TEACH and GUIDE us all the way to the Father’s spiritual presence…

I never thought about this until reading the assertion here:  but does the Spirit of Truth abide us once we leave the Local Universe?  Or are there other ministering spirits beyond these shores?

And I truly ask about the gift of Michael’s Spirit in the local universe as well – the spirit is released planet by planet and not universally or simultaneously, isn’t that correct?

If so, then the quote is either for Urantia or it means something other than or in addition to the Spirit of Truth….or both.  So, the question still stands, in what ways is the Creator Son, the “way, truth, and life”?

;-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I never thought about this until reading the assertion here:  but does the Spirit of Truth abide us once we leave the Local Universe?  Or are there other ministering spirits beyond these shores?

Yes, the Spirit of Truth goes with us outside of the local universe.  As a revelation of the Supreme, he will continue to be with us even after the completion of this universe age. (117:5.9; 119:8.7)

And I truly ask about the gift of Michael’s Spirit in the local universe as well – the spirit is released planet by planet and not universally or simultaneously, isn’t that correct?

It’s my understanding that all of the planets in Nebadon who have had an Avonal bestowal mission now have the Spirit of Truth. Prior to Michael’s sovereignty these planets have a conjoint spirit of the Avonal and Creator Son. (20:6.8)

Hi Bradly, your question is most difficult when this is considered:

(1317.2) 119:7.6 Certain wise men of earth knew of Michael’s impending arrival. Through the contacts of one world with another, these wise men of spiritual insight learned of the forthcoming bestowal of Michael on Urantia. And the seraphim did, through the midway creatures, make announcement to a group of Chaldean priests whose leader was Ardnon. These men of God visited the newborn child in the manger. The only supernatural event associated with the birth of Jesus was this announcement to Ardnon and his associates by the seraphim of former attachment to Adam and Eve in the first garden.*

Now assuming that the universal bestowal of the Thought Adjusters was perhaps during and after Pentecost, my question would be . How wise is wise?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the considerations I have explored is what are we (ascending Mortals) will be required to learn during the training experience in Nebadon. Contending with the fact that Michael has chosen to recreate The Patterns of Havona in nebulous space, it would stand to reason that all intelligences in Nebadon are aligned with his high purposes and plans.

(388.9) 35:3.22 The highest course of training in universe administration is given by the Melchizedeks on their home world. This College of High Ethics is presided over by the original Father Melchizedek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(391.6) 35:7.3 The ascending pilgrims will be introduced to numerous new activities on these worlds of study and practical work. We are not forbidden to undertake the revelation of these new and undreamed-of pursuits, but we despair of being able to portray these undertakings to the material mind of mortal beings. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(412.2) 37:6.2 This training of mind and education of spirit is carried on from the worlds of human origin up through the system mansion worlds and the other spheres of progress associated with Jerusem, on the seventy socializing realms attached to Edentia, and on the four hundred and ninety spheres of spirit progress encircling Salvington. On the universe headquarters itself are numerous Melchizedek schools, the colleges of the Universe Sons, the seraphic universities, and the schools of the Teacher Sons and the Union of Days. Every possible provision is made to qualify the various personalities of the universe for advancing service and improving function. The entire universe is one vast school.

WHAT ARE THEY FOCUSING ON?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

HAT ARE THEY FOCUSING ON?

Socialization of the personality.

56:10.14 Cosmic socialization constitutes the highest form of personality unification. Said Jesus: “He who would be greatest among you, let him become server of all.”

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.”  I think there are several different aspects of “the way” to consider and discuss:

1. The way of perfection
    2. The living way.
    3. The path of everlasting life; the way of salvation.
    4. Illumination of the paths of divinity attainment; the way to perfection.
    5. The way to the absolute pattern of all personalities.
    6. The divine ministry of God the Sevenfold.
    7. The spiritual drawing power, or gravity, of the Son.
    8. The Good Shepherd.
    9. “I am the open door,” “I stand at the door and knock.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

101:3.3 It is this same spirit personality, in primitive and embryonic form, the Adjuster possession of which survives the natural death in the flesh. This composite entity of spirit origin in association with human experience is enabled, by means of the living way provided by the divine Sons, to survive (in Adjuster custody) the dissolution of the material self of mind and matter when such a transient partnership of the material and the spiritual is divorced by the cessation of vital motion.

This quote seems to state that it is because of the “living way” established by Jesus that the Adjuster is able to retain spiritized factors of mind, memory, and personality as an eternal part of himself.  

André
    André
    Participant

Dears seekers of Truth,

What a interesting pearl I found in the archives.
    Almost 5 years ago !

That is what trigger hunger, curiosity and will when participants express their unique perception point of view. Drawing me out.

He asks us questions to draw us out, not to gain information. 161:2.7

Is anyone interested in discussing the meaning of this powerful quote? post #8225

For sure.

No man goes to the Father except through me. All who find the Father, first find me. If you know me, you know the way to the Father.   180:3.7

Adon and Fonta as theirs primitives siblings whom attained satisfaction of the appropriate conditions to be eligibles to received an Adjuster. Way before Spirit of Truth was poored on Urantia.

Deities involvement prior to arrival of Spirit of Truth.

(incomplete)

Mother Spirit:
    In 101:3.1 UB mention “ethical conscience and moral consciousness” are essentials to “human progress and survival.”
    Those prerequisites (talking about ethical conscience and moral consciousness) are allowed by the Holy Spirit (Local Universe Mother Spirit) wich foster her childrens of time and space years before reception of T/A. Human progress and survival belongs to T/A.
    Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. 101:3.2

Thought Adjuster:
    Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster.

God The Supeme:

Cosmic mind:
    16:6.9 (192.5) These scientific, moral, and spiritual insights, these cosmic responses, are innate in the cosmic mind, which endows all will creatures.

The pouring of Spirit of Truth achieve the supremacy of creature. While prior of it Dieties involvement begin it. Making sense?

117:1.4 . God can work even as humanity in the incarnations of his Sons, who thereby achieve the supremacy of creature experience.

Hyphotetic question:

Did Adon and Fonta benefited survival ? Yes
    Without Spirit of Truth (the living way)?
    Apparently 101:3.3. … said “not without Him”.

Didn’t inquired but The Eternal Son must be involved !

André

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Did Adon and Fonta benefited survival ? Yes Without Spirit of Truth (the living way)? Apparently 101:3.3. … said “not without Him”. Didn’t inquired but The Eternal Son must be involved !

Great questions André.  As I understand it, Andon and Fonta had to wait for a dispensational resurrection at the time of the coming of the Planetary Prince before they could embark on “the living way”.   Before their death they had Adjusters and the Holy Spirit to assist in evolving their souls thereby ensuring survival.

The Spirit of Truth is not necessary for survival, but “the living way” does require guidance from a divine Son, a son of the Eternal Son.  After resurrection on the mansion worlds, Andon and Fonta had access to a divine Son’s guidance, Michael himself.

After Michael finished his seventh bestowal and established the “the new and living way,” mortals became able to pass directly to the mansion worlds, if they make it to the third psychic circle, instead of waiting for a dispensational or special resurrection. Moreover, they have also have the guidance of a divine Son during life in the flesh.  They don’t have to wait until after death for that guidance.

7:7.4 The Father comes down to you as a personality only through the divine Sons of the Eternal Son. And you attain the Father by this same living way; you ascend to the Father by the guidance of this group of divine Sons. And this remains true notwithstanding that your very personality is a direct bestowal of the Universal Father.

52:5.4 The bestowal Son lives and dies for the spiritual uplift of the mortal races of a world. He establishes the “new and living way”; his life is an incarnation of Paradise truth in mortal flesh, that very truth — even the Spirit of Truth — in the knowledge of which men shall be free.

52:5.5 On Urantia the establishment of this “new and living way” was a matter of fact as well as of truth. The isolation of Urantia in the Lucifer rebellion had suspended the procedure whereby mortals can pass, upon death, directly to the shores of the mansion worlds. Before the days of Christ Michael on Urantia all souls slept on until the dispensational or special millennial resurrections. Even Moses was not permitted to go over to the other side until the occasion of a special resurrection, the fallen Planetary Prince, Caligastia, contesting such a deliverance. But ever since the day of Pentecost, Urantia mortals again may proceed directly to the morontia spheres.

Gene
    Participant

How do you suppose that a person that does not have access to bible, Urantia book, Christianity in any form, benefit from the life and teachings of Jesus in a way that is consistent with the concept:

3.7 When Jesus heard Thomas, he answered: “Thomas, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man goes to the Father except through me. All who find the Father, first find me. If you know me, you know the way to the Father.

Seems to me that finding Jesus and the Father does not imply exposure to text or religious dogmas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.