Need clarification on the rebellion papers…

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Need clarification on the rebellion papers…

Viewing 8 posts - 271 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Chris has unpacked the meaning of many of the words in the Urantia Book. His interpretations of words in TUB is highly regarded in TUB circles. His definitions of words are even posted on Urantia websites.

Yes you are correct they are on the Websites, but just because it is on a Websites, it does not mean it is true.  I’ve read Chris’ definitions and can not agree with them.  B.B. and I had a private conversation regarding some of those definitions, some time ago and I presented him with some of my definitions, which could just as easily be correct or incorrect as what Chris posted.  Nevertheless, you are just being the antagonist as I previously indicated.  It would seem that you actually like being the center of attention, regardless if it is negative or positive.  You seem to be an expert on Sophistry, I wonder why?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Often the authors of TUB will consider the etymology of a word when they use it.

That’s correct Scott but if I may give you an example which could support my previous post.

(603.5) 53:3.4 Most bitterly did he attack the right of the Ancients of Days — “foreign potentates” — to interfere in the affairs of the local systems and universes. These rulers he denounced as tyrants and usurpers. He exhorted his followers to believe that none of these rulers could do aught to interfere with the operation of complete home rule if men and angels only had the courage to assert themselves and boldly claim their rights.

Were the following is found, “foreign … potentates” – an “Oath of allegiance” for citizenship in the  (United States of America)”

“I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.”

TUB
    Participant

@midi none of the ideas that they came up with (when they were rebelling) came true. I am talking about all of their sophistries, those sophistries are filled with ideas. What evidence do I have that none of these ideas came true? Well that is why the authors call them sophistries. A sophistry is something that is not inherently real. Its fundamentally false.

What do you think about the American revolution? Was it rebellion against established, constellation order? I was reading the following and got to thinking…

5 The Constellation Fathers are little occupied with the individuals of an inhabited planet, but they are closely associated with those legislative and lawmaking functions of the constellations which so greatly concern every mortal race and national group of the inhabited worlds.

I don’t think it was rebellion against any Deity.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

@midi none of the ideas that they came up with (when they were rebelling) came true. I am talking about all of their sophistries, those sophistries are filled with ideas. What evidence do I have that none of these ideas came true? Well that is why the authors call them sophistries. A sophistry is something that is not inherently real. Its fundamentally false.

What do you think about the American revolution? Was it rebellion against established, constellation order? I was reading the following and got to thinking…

5 The Constellation Fathers are little occupied with the individuals of an inhabited planet, but they are closely associated with those legislative and lawmaking functions of the constellations which so greatly concern every mortal race and national group of the inhabited worlds.

I don’t think it was rebellion against any Deity.

What is your understanding of the most Highs’ governance of  the affairs of races and nations? How do you think it manifests is basically what I am asking.

BB

TUB
    Participant

@midi none of the ideas that they came up with (when they were rebelling) came true. I am talking about all of their sophistries, those sophistries are filled with ideas. What evidence do I have that none of these ideas came true? Well that is why the authors call them sophistries. A sophistry is something that is not inherently real. Its fundamentally false. What do you think about the American revolution? Was it rebellion against established, constellation order? I was reading the following and got to thinking… 5 The Constellation Fathers are little occupied with the individuals of an inhabited planet, but they are closely associated with those legislative and lawmaking functions of the constellations which so greatly concern every mortal race and national group of the inhabited worlds. I don’t think it was rebellion against any Deity.

What is your understanding of the most Highs’ governance of the affairs of races and nations? How do you think it manifests is basically what I am asking.

Well they have angels, midwayers and reservists that they can use to impact world affairs. I don’t know how exactly this is done though. Some of the descriptions that they give different types of Angels makes me curious about this topic though.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

@midi none of the ideas that they came up with (when they were rebelling) came true. I am talking about all of their sophistries, those sophistries are filled with ideas. What evidence do I have that none of these ideas came true? Well that is why the authors call them sophistries. A sophistry is something that is not inherently real. Its fundamentally false. What do you think about the American revolution? Was it rebellion against established, constellation order? I was reading the following and got to thinking… 5 The Constellation Fathers are little occupied with the individuals of an inhabited planet, but they are closely associated with those legislative and lawmaking functions of the constellations which so greatly concern every mortal race and national group of the inhabited worlds. I don’t think it was rebellion against any Deity.

What is your understanding of the most Highs’ governance of the affairs of races and nations? How do you think it manifests is basically what I am asking.

Well they have angels, midwayers and reservists that they can use to impact world affairs. I don’t know how exactly this is done though. Some of the descriptions that they give different types of Angels makes me curious about this topic though.

Scotland will vote tomorrow whether to remain part of the United Kingdom or secede. I am wondering if the most Highs  extend their governance to national  events like that .

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    TUB wrote:  Chris has unpacked the meaning of many of the words in the Urantia Book.

Has he unpacked the meaning of the word disputatious?

TUB
    Participant

@midi none of the ideas that they came up with (when they were rebelling) came true. I am talking about all of their sophistries, those sophistries are filled with ideas. What evidence do I have that none of these ideas came true? Well that is why the authors call them sophistries. A sophistry is something that is not inherently real. Its fundamentally false. What do you think about the American revolution? Was it rebellion against established, constellation order? I was reading the following and got to thinking… 5 The Constellation Fathers are little occupied with the individuals of an inhabited planet, but they are closely associated with those legislative and lawmaking functions of the constellations which so greatly concern every mortal race and national group of the inhabited worlds. I don’t think it was rebellion against any Deity. What is your understanding of the most Highs’ governance of the affairs of races and nations? How do you think it manifests is basically what I am asking. Well they have angels, midwayers and reservists that they can use to impact world affairs. I don’t know how exactly this is done though. Some of the descriptions that they give different types of Angels makes me curious about this topic though.

Scotland will vote tomorrow whether to remain part of the United Kingdom or secede. I am wondering if the most Highs extend their governance to national events like that .

I really have no idea. The Most High do “rule in the kingdom of men”. They can directly affect leadership in nations. But I don’t know how they do this.

Viewing 8 posts - 271 through 278 (of 278 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.