Missing posts?

Home Forums Support & Suggestions Missing posts?

15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 28)
  • Auteur
    Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Mods,

I’ve added two replies to the « Reincarnation » thread over the last two days; the page indicates my replies (e.g. « freshness, 2 mins »), but neither of them appear. Are they stuck in the system somewhere?

thanks – Nigel

Moderator-2
    Modérateur

Hello Nigel,

So sorry you’re having this problem. Others also seem to be having the same experience. I’ll pass this on to our webmaster so hopefully it’ll be rectified soon.

Mod 2

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Just to let you know….it is still happening or has happened again.  My reply posts have vanished…although I am listed as last poster at « Discussion » topics list….weird….

Thanks for your help!

Bradly

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Maître des clés

Hi Brad,

I just found one that I think was missing but it wasn’t in the Pending folder. I’ve now restored it. I’m not sure what’s going on but we’ll keep trying to get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, can you please make a note of each post you do before you submit it and then let me know which ones aren’t appearing straight away. If you can see the post reference number that would help, but if not send me the date and the first few words on the post.

Cheers,
    Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Please check the spam folder for my second/recent post in New Readers.

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1
    Modérateur

Please check the spam folder for my second/recent post in New Readers.

Your reply was lodged in a « pending » folder, until I found it.  It was not in a spam folder.

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Maître des clés

Dear Brad,

Seems there must be a fault in the system. I have sent another trouble shooting call to the webmaster but she is on vacation and wont be back till Wednesday of this week. In the meantime, can you please keep letting us know when a post goes missing so the Moderators can check the Pending of Spam folders and restore the posts when they’re found. We’re not getting notifications when they land in those folders.

About the comment you made in the Reincarnation thread about some of the other technical glitches: I agree that there are a few things needing attention on this Forum. Please be assured that the Moderators are doing their best to keep across the issues. Remember we’re all volunteers and not on the forum 24/7 so if there’s a delay in responding to issues then hang in there. I know if can be frustrating. Also we rely on a professional technical expert for fixing glitches… and that work costs $$. We’ll work through the issues as soon as we can and try to keep you posted on what’s going on as much as possible.

Cheers,
    Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1
    Modérateur
    Seems there must be a fault in the system. I have sent another trouble shooting call. . . .
    Thank you Kathleen.
    Ask the webmaster to look into the « Freshness » function on right side of the list of our various forum headings.  This function is not properly registering freshness.  For example Support and Suggestions shows the most recent post by Nigel Nunn as being posted over a week ago.  There have ceen several subsequent posts, since then.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Yes…the « Forum » home page is not listing a single accurate last post or poster, so far as I can tell…unless it is very, very old.   Both the New Readers and General Discussion and this thread too are all incorrect.  It makes everything appear stale and uninteresting and without audience or discussion.  Not good.

Thank you!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Lost another post in the Reincarnation topic.  Edited my last post and it disappeared.  Please check the spam folder.  This situation really needs to be fixed.  This site also locks up my entire computer time to time.  Weird.

Thank you.

Bradly

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1
    Modérateur

Edited my last post and it disappeared.

The disappeared posts were found in either the pending or spam folders. They are now restored.

Kathleen – would you ask the webmaster to fix the edit mode? Perhaps it needs to be stabilised.  Thanks.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thank you. Odd.

Usually only happens with new posts.  This was an edit of an existing post which shouldn’t be possible I wouldn’t think as it is already posted.

Hmmm….

Also…Forum page has outdated posts as « most recent » shown.  Actual most recent posts are not getting listed and time stamped on Forum page.

;-)

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Maître des clés

Hi Folks,

I had a meeting with the webmaster 2 days ago and brought the missing posts and refresh issues to her attention. She’s investigating it but suspects it might be related to some of the additional Spam filters she installed to deal with the problem we were having with too many spam registrations. She’s disabled a couple of them as they are not all so critical now as the Moderators screen all registrations instead of allowing them to join automatically. It will be interesting to see if the registration requests increase with spammers attempting to get through. I will send her each of your error messages as they occur so please keep sending them to this thread and I’ll forward them onto her as soon as I see them. As for the refresh issue, she’s looking into that one.

Cheers,
    Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Lost my last one again in Reincarnation thread due to an edit.

= )

Don’t know how a post or edit is considered spam but it is what it is.

It reappeared…and then disappeared yet again.  So strange.

There.  Then gone.  And back…then gone.  Makes you dizzy. ;-)

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Mods – could someone please restore or display my reply to rock in the thread:

https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/revisionist-cosmology/

It’s listed as the most recent message in the thread, but currently does not appear.

thanks!

15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 28)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.