Love is…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

(2096.8) 196:3.32 Some men’s lives are too great and noble to descend to the low level of being merely successful. The animal must adapt itself to the environment, but the religious man transcends his environment and in this way escapes the limitations of the present material world through this insight of divine love. This concept of love generates in the soul of man that superanimal effort to find truth, beauty, and goodness; and when he does find them, he is glorified in their embrace; he is consumed with the desire to live them, to do righteousness.

(1098.3) 100:4.6 You cannot truly love your fellows by a mere act of the will. Love is only born of thoroughgoing understanding of your neighbor’s motives and sentiments. It is not so important to love all men today as it is that each day you learn to love one more human being. If each day or each week you achieve an understanding of one more of your fellows, and if this is the limit of your ability, then you are certainly socializing and truly spiritualizing your personality. Love is infectious, and when human devotion is intelligent and wise, love is more catching than hate. But only genuine and unselfish love is truly contagious. If each mortal could only become a focus of dynamic affection, this benign virus of love would soon pervade the sentimental emotion-stream of humanity to such an extent that all civilization would be encompassed by love, and that would be the realization of the brotherhood of man.

All we need is love….for personal and planetary transformation….regardless of all other factors.   :-)

Yourantiaman
    Yourantiaman
    Participant

Warm winter greetings – Been a while since i last was in here..but somehow  i returned to day.

Been wondering for quite some times, if the human mind with all of its potentials, would be able to, in one single sentence, to express and initiate a lasting spiritual change in the listener, irrespective of the person’s faith, creed or belief.
    I take for granted that the opening question from the listener, is related to a spiritual question.

Am wondering, since from personal experience , communications in many different forums, public as well as personal and from much reading, that much confusion seem to arise as soon as someone try to explain an issue… So i have been wondering, speculating, trying to imagine if it would be possible to answer in such a way that the receiver would experience a internal enlightenment , perhaps not instantly but was energized spiritually by the spiritual wisdom within the answer and this would have an everlasting effect upon his mind and soul or personality.

Or said in a different way. Can the questioner be in such a state that when answered with a single sentence, then there arose a spiritual fusion, initiated by the sender

Would it be possible to give spiritual love verbally in such a way that only a single sentence would be enough, irrespective of the question ! And in relation to it !

Does anyone like to comment on such a question?

With Light, Life & Love...

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Been wondering for quite some times, if the human mind with all of its potentials, would be able to, in one single sentence, to express and initiate a lasting spiritual change in the listener, irrespective of the person’s faith, creed or belief.

A lasting spiritual change in a listener is entirely dependent upon the listener, not the speaker.  This is why Jesus used parables.

Yourantiaman
    Yourantiaman
    Participant

Yes parables may precisely do so…but these days many people just don’t like to be told such stories ..the impatience in many is often in such a hurry that a longer story just wear them out, even it is only perhaps 5 minutes…so i was wondering…….if a Q&A set up, prepared in the senders mind, could be designed in such a way that the answer to a spiritual question, could be constructed in a single sentence and effect a neuron chemical change within the receiver. So the reaction would be a growing process. changing transmutation, a morph so to speak

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Yourantiaman!  I am very intrigued by your question as well.  I agree with Bonita that this result depends more upon the student asking the question than the manner of the answer given the student.  I do think words can bring epiphany to the open mind whose intent is truth discernment.  Indeed, long ago I studied Zen for a season which led me back to the gospels which then made me realize how often masters bring enlightening with questions!  Not answers at all.  Jesus did the same and in addition to parables for all he often asked very specific questions at very specific times to very specific people in order for their own mind to “real-ize” or reality-ize the answer.

I do think words have such power as you suggest as does music….they can trigger an avalanche of emotion and perspective adjustment – they can change people and do so profoundly.  But only those whose sincerity and discernment will allow it I think.  Even the Master could not deliver light to every mind.  But he did assist many to “morph” or transcend from the lesser to the more and greater.  He certainly gave spiritual love verbally, pure love.  And, I think, it was far more than the words spoken but the tone and the delivery and the pureness of his spirit that won so many to his eternal truths so verbalized….and personalized so often.

Been thinking about this all day today.  Thank you.

Yourantiaman
    Yourantiaman
    Participant

This morning  i did a speculative thought experiment. I said let me try to ask a question and see if  I with the same mind, can answer this question in such a way that  I, my mind would perceive the answer as a”ball of lightening”: :-)..a ball of love so to speak….-)

I consciously selected the question “Do you believe in God?”

My mind, with very little effort came up with this answer

Irrespectively of what I believe – It has no influence on YOU and the  relationship to  the same God you ask me about.

My mind  immediately began accelleting several other answers so i got kind of carried away…and i am unsure of my answer in any way is what i talk about.

From reading your post Bradly i took special notice of the last sentence – “And, I think, it was far more than the words spoken but the tone and the delivery and the pureness of his spirit that won so many to his eternal truths so verbalized….and personalized so often.”

Agreed…The tone and the way the message is delivered truly is essential to how the receiver comprehend the answer and Agreed… the pureness of the senders spirit is likewise  definately also an essentiel factor  in such communications.

I will think some more about it… perhaps my pureness and way of tone need to be worked on.. it can be really difficult  sometimes to be calm, loving and keep ones mind clear in many of the daily communications which take place as one walks the path of life..and love;-)

emanny3003
    Blocked

Hi Brad and Yourantiaman,

In Q & A, I agree that the question is as important as the answer. The thought experiment you refer to is also known as the ‘practice of the presence’ of God. We are adept at asking questions but not so sure as to whom we should direct them to. Receiving the answer is more difficult. We must program ourselves to receive and that takes practice.

This amounts to achieving greater communication with our Thought Adjuster.

Regards, Manny

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Yourantiaman wrote: . . . .if a Q&A set up, prepared in the senders mind, could be designed in such a way that the answer to a spiritual question, could be constructed in a single sentence and effect a neuron chemical change within the receiver. So the reaction would be a growing process. changing transmutation, a morph so to speak
    First of all, we are instructed not to control the message.  We are encouraged to allow the Spirit of Truth to do his own work.  Jesus told his disciples not to worry about how to answer questions because the spirit within them will provide the best message for the kingdom.  After all, it is not our kingdom; it is God’s kingdom.
    Second, moments of enlightenment take place in the soul where neuron chemical reactions do not occur.  The soul is morontial, it does not function on the material level.  Conversions and awakenings within the soul are experiential not neurochemical.  It is through the spiritual interpretation of meaning that such moments of clarity occur, and this is a function of the Spirit of Truth in conjunction with the Holy Spirit and the Thought Adjuster.  None of these spirit influences are neuron based, nor are they dependent upon neurochemicals.  In fact, electrochemical activity is more likely to hinder their work unless delicately balanced.  We are told that the electrochemical environment must be differentiated from the spiritual environment of the mind.
    Third, if there existed such a formula for words capable of transforming the minds of listeners, such magical incantations would have been discovered long ago by the shamans and priests of this world.  Ironically, the advertising industry has discovered the way to manipulate the minds of consumers duping them into thinking that their lives depend entirely upon a thing they can buy rather than the Holy Spirit within them. I’m afraid that magical words are not the secret sauce required for spiritual progress.  One must work with the spirit influences resident within one’s very own soul, person to person.
    Supporting Quotes: 0:12.13; 65:7.8; 100:5.4; 110:6.18; 111:3.2; 141:6.4; 165:3.7; 178:1.16; 180:5.1; 180:5.11; 194:3.6
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: I do think words have such power as you suggest as does music….they can trigger an avalanche of emotion and perspective adjustment – they can change people and do so profoundly.  But only those whose sincerity and discernment will allow it I think.
    This is what the following quote is referring to:
    152:6.4   Jesus taught the appeal to the emotions as the technique of arresting and focusing the intellectual attention. He designated the mind thus aroused and quickened as the gateway to the soul, where there resides that spiritual nature of man which must recognize truth and respond to the spiritual appeal of the gospel in order to afford the permanent results of true character transformations.
    In order to open the gateway to the soul the mind’s intellect must be arrested and its attention focused.  This can be accomplished by appealing to the higher emotions.  Appealing to any old emotion will not do.  The higher, more divine emotions within the heart of mankind take their origin from the Adjuster.  It is this updraft of Adjuster derived emotion that opens the gate, and it is the down grasp of spirit which pulls the consciousness through. The result is a personal religious experience.
    Yourantiaman
    Yourantiaman
    Participant

Warm winter vibes Bonita

Great Thanks for the  insight… you did awake my slumbering knowledge….I can now see clearly that  my thinking was way off track and that the concept of  “instant enlightenment” or  a cosmic wisdom is not  shared as such by answering  with a preconceived sentence even such a one was initiated from an attempt to share love….. I truly need  to develop my minds insight into the true nature of our souls relation to the TA.

I can now easily see how way off i was  thinking..Thank you for direction….toward  the wisdom of Love….

Brother Jean

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Yourantiaman wrote: “instant enlightenment”
    I do think that it is possible to have moments of instant enlightenment, but I think these things happen despite ourselves.  I had a moment of “instant enlightenment” once, about 20 years ago, when while I was haphazardly listening to a sermon in church.  Words were said but I cannot remember exactly what they were.  The words themselves were meaningless really.  But something clicked inside which resulted in a cascade of recognition and realization.  Looking back on the event, I now know that it turned out to be a pivotal realization in my life, but if I tried to explain it to you it would probably seem trivial and obvious to you. Intellectually it seems like common sense, but spiritual insight is experiential on personality levels; it’s not intellectual.  I’ve tried to explain this occurrence to others in the past, but I’ve never been successful.  It never has the impact on others that it had on me.
    As it turns out, the soil necessary for that moment of enlightenment had been cultivated over some time within my mind. I had been searching deep and long and hard for answers to a particular problem.  I’m talking years and years of searching, and at the time of this momentary enlightenment, I was not thinking about that problem at all.  I was thinking about what I was going to make for lunch.  Little did I know that the buildup inside of me was so close to eruption and that a few words spoken by another person on the a different topic, the topic of war, triggered a complete blow-out of debris from my mind.  I can say that I almost started laughing out loud during that sermon, which was rather solemn, because I suddenly realized the simplicity of the answer which removed all the weight from years of inner struggle.
    The person who spoke those words never knew that they had such a profound effect on me.  I couldn’t tell him because I was never sure what exact words they were.  I know that the meaning of those words is what struck deep in my soul and the meaning had something to do with the simple truth that I needed to make war no more.  But the war I understood was a war between my true self and the self I thought I was, along with the misconception that I needed to defend that self.  Bingo! Big lightbulb went on.  I don’t know how else to explain it, but it had nothing to do with the exact words spoken, but rather with the deepest desires of my soul.  And it wasn’t a miracle, it was the result of many many years of suffering and searching and a persistent yearning for the answer. But then again, a miracle is what you make it out to be.
    That being said, I don’t think there is such a thing as an end to enlightenment.  Spiritual insight is usually a slowly growing progression.  Sometimes there are periods of sudden illumination; but for the most part, the process is unconscious and hardly perceptible.  I don’t think we are capable of evaluating ourselves when it comes to these things.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.