Jesus’ Lifespan in Days

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Jesus’ Lifespan in Days

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    Is this right?
    Days Jesus lived in the flesh:
    7 BC, Aug 21 to Dec 31 = 132
    6 BC = 365
    5 BC = 365
    4 BC = 365
    3 BC = 365
    2 BC = 365
    1 BC = 365
    1 AD = 365
    2-29 AD = 10,220
    30 AD Jan 1 – April 7 = 97
    Total = 13,004 Days or 35.62 years.

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Add 8-9 leap year days?

You mean Dec 31 I think.  :-)

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Add 8-9 leap year days? You mean Dec 31 I think. :-)

Yes thanks, 31, now corrected.

So the total is well nigh, 13,013. A real superstition spoiler.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Is this right?
    Days Jesus lived in the flesh:
    7 BC, Aug 21 to Dec 31 = 132
    6 BC = 365
    5 BC = 365
    4 BC = 365
    3 BC = 365
    2 BC = 365
    1 BC = 365
    1 AD = 365
    2-29 AD = 10,220
    30 AD Jan 1 – April 7 = 97
    Total = 13,004 Days or 35.62 years.

123:2.3 Jesus was five years old in August of this year, and we will, therefore, refer to this as his fifth (calendar) year of life. In this year, 2 B.C., a little more than one month before his fifth birthday anniversary, Jesus was made very happy by the coming of his sister Miriam, who was born on the night of July 11.

This one refers to Jesus’ seventh year as A.D. 1:

123:4.0   4. The Seventh Year (A.D. 1)
    His thirty first year was A.D. 25:

134:8.0   7. The Thirty-First Year (A.D. 25)

It was fun to re-read all the A.D year markers of his life.  I finally came upon this one which factually refers to his age upon resurrection:

189:1.2 [Part IV]

After the resurrected Jesus emerged from his burial tomb, the body of flesh in which he had lived and wrought on earth for almost thirty-six years was still lying there in the sepulchre niche, undisturbed and wrapped in the linen sheet, just as it had been laid to rest by Joseph and his associates on Friday afternoon. Neither was the stone before the entrance of the tomb in any way disturbed; the seal of Pilate was still unbroken; the soldiers were still on guard. The temple guards had been on continuous duty; the Roman guard had been changed at midnight. None of these watchers suspected that the object of their vigil had risen to a new and higher form of existence, and that the body which they were guarding was now a discarded outer covering which had no further connection with the delivered and resurrected morontia personality of Jesus.

I’ll leave it to you to do the math. :-)    I don’t know what you mean about superstition spoiler.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Some hotels don’t have a 13th floor. Don’t be born on Friday the 13th at the 13th hour, 13th minute. And don’t let a black cat cross your path.

What’s the history of fearing the number 13? I dunno. Wikipedia lists different possibilities, seemingly saying no one really knows the origin. Some say it has to do with the fact Jesus had 12 Apostles and with him, there were 13 persons. The trouble associated with Judas’ betrayal, so the report goes, led some people to fear the number 13. Bazaar indeed! Anyway, Jesus’ teachings assure us there is no fear for one who follows divine leadings instead of mystical and suspect sources or beliefs.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks, appreciate the thoughtful replies.

Evidently there was no year zero between BC and AD.

Richard E Warren

Tapio
    Participant

Direct math between dates April 7, 30 AD (JD=1732112) and August 21, 7 BC (JD=1719099) gives 13013 days as the difference in JD numbers. JD (Julian Day) number is a “running number” of days, since 1st Jan 4713 BC ( for astronomers). This gives a unique number on each day, like today 21st Dec 2020 the JD=2459205. The JD number has nothing to do with Julian Calendar, in spite of similar name, and JD is not depending on BC/AD. Year ‘zero’ did not exist, although after 1 BC came 1 AD.

Apparently the result (13013) may not be the whole truth, as there was a mess in having leap years right after the Julian Calendar was introduced, 45 BC. By mistake the leap years started in 3 years intervals, and then the error was corrected by skipping some leap years after 9 BC.

The earliest date where TUB fixes a weekday with a calendar date, is Wednesday, 16th March 1 AD [ 123:4.9 (1362.1) ]. This (and all subsequent references) match fully with our modern Gregorian Calendar with leap years. This also reveals, that year 4 AD (and onwards in about 4 years intervals) was a leap year, but does not reveal if the previous cases (1 BC and 5 BC) were leap years or not. If we presume, that they were not leap years (but one day “too short”), then the life span would be 13011 days, and Jesus’ birthday (21 Aug 7 BC) would be Sunday instead of Friday.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks for the extra thought-work Tapio. Our totals are darn close. I would settle on 13,013 if nine leap years are figured in.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.