Interview with Adam and Eve

Home Forums Inspiration Interview with Adam and Eve

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Imagine a time traveling reporter goes back 38,000 years to interview Adam and Eve. When the reporter arrives, Adam and Eve stand to greet her and invite her to lunch with them. The three sit at a table by a window overlooking the beautiful garden. Eve offers her a plate of freshly picked fruit and nuts.

“Thank you. It looks delicious. Tell me, is it true you eat only once a day?”

“Usually around midday,” Eve replies. “Our days are quite busy and mealtime is often our only time together, except of course at night. We thought you would like to interview us together, therefore we chose this time.”

“I and my audience very much appreciate you granting an interview. I understand your time constraints. And since the interview will be brief, forgive me if I go straight to the questions.”

“Of course. Please proceed,” Eve replies.

“It’s been ten years since you arrived, what have you accomplished?”

Adam and Eve look at each other and he answers, “The Garden was producing twenty percent of its capacity when we arrived, it’s now at fifty percent. Eve has given birth to eight singles and one set of twins. Relations with surrounding peoples are peaceful and trade increases every year.”

“That’s impressive. Am I correct that you plan to create a family of one-half million pure-line descendants?”

“That is correct,” Eve replies. “When that goal has been reached our progeny will begin intermarrying with the planet’s natives.”

“And what is an average day like for you?”

Eve answers first, “Seldom is there a day when we are not occupied with several details at once. With ten children, two still at my breast, seeing to our meals alone keeps me busy. I have more than fifty aides who require supervision and direction. I do so enjoy it all, and also enjoy resting every seventh day.”

“While Eve keeps the home and makes hundreds of decisions daily about the Garden, I meet with individuals and committees from early until late, establishing the educational facilities, outreach to the tribes on the mainland, interviewing and choosing leaders for the many projects. We have plans to create 12,000 miles of roads, thousands of homes for Garden residents, and irrigation for fields as yet unplanted. There is no shortage of planning, contracting, supervising, ceremonial duties, and oversight of visitors to the Garden.”

“So there is little leisure and much work. Is this how you envisioned it?”

“We knew it would be a challenge,” Eve tells her. “It can be discouraging on days when little or nothing goes as hoped. I often find myself wishing Adam and I could have more time to travel together. And I miss having Van and the Melchizedeks here.”

“I will say the challenges are both great and unrelenting,” Adam declares. “I too wish for more time with Eve, and I believe we will have it in the future, when the Garden has tens of thousands of our children to assist.”

“And I wish to visit you again,” the reporter tells them. “Thank you for granting me this opportunity to speak with history’s most celebrated pair.”

“The Gardens of Eden – Life and Times of Adam and Eve” is now available in English, Spanish, French, paperback, Kindle, and Audible English: Imagine a time traveling reporter goes back 38,000 years to interview Adam and Eve. When the reporter arrives, Adam and Eve stand to greet her and invite her to lunch with them. The three sit at a table by a window overlooking the beautiful garden. Eve offers her a plate of freshly picked fruit and nuts.

“Thank you. It looks delicious. Tell me, is it true you eat only once a day?”

“Usually around midday,” Eve replies. “Our days are quite busy and mealtime is often our only time together, except of course at night. We thought you would like to interview us together, therefore we chose this time.”

“I and my audience very much appreciate you granting an interview. I understand your time constraints. And since the interview will be brief, forgive me if I go straight to the questions.”

“Of course. Please proceed,” Eve replies.

“It’s been ten years since you arrived, what have you accomplished?”

Adam and Eve look at each other and he answers, “The Garden was producing twenty percent of its capacity when we arrived, it’s now at fifty percent. Eve has given birth to eight singles and one set of twins. Relations with surrounding peoples are peaceful and trade increases every year.”

“That’s impressive. Am I correct that you plan to create a family of one-half million pure-line descendants?”

“That is correct,” Eve replies. “When that goal has been reached our progeny will begin intermarrying with the planet’s natives.”

“And what is an average day like for you?”

Eve answers first, “Seldom is there a day when we are not occupied with several details at once. With ten children, two still at my breast, seeing to our meals alone keeps me busy. I have more than fifty aides who require supervision and direction. I do so enjoy it all, and also enjoy resting every seventh day.”

“While Eve keeps the home and makes hundreds of decisions daily about the Garden, I meet with individuals and committees from early until late, establishing the educational facilities, outreach to the tribes on the mainland, interviewing and choosing leaders for the many projects. We have plans to create 12,000 miles of roads, thousands of homes for Garden residents, and irrigation for fields as yet unplanted. There is no shortage of planning, contracting, supervising, ceremonial duties, and oversight of visitors to the Garden.”

“So there is little leisure and much work. Is this how you envisioned it?”

“We knew it would be a challenge,” Eve tells her. “It can be discouraging on days when little or nothing goes as hoped. I often find myself wishing Adam and I could have more time to travel together. And I miss having Van and the Melchizedeks here.”

“I will say the challenges are both great and unrelenting,” Adam declares. “I too wish for more time with Eve, and I believe we will have it in the future, when the Garden has tens of thousands of our children to assist.”

“And I wish to visit you again,” the reporter tells them. “Thank you for granting me this opportunity to speak with history’s most celebrated pair.”

“The Gardens of Eden – Life and Times of Adam and Eve” is now available in English, Spanish, French, German, paperback, Kindle, and Audible English: https://www.amazon.com/Gardens-Eden-Life-Times-Adam/dp/B088KPH2N4/

Richard E Warren

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.