In the lab

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nelsong
    Participant

Found this interesting comment on page 686

60:1:11 Several million years later the first mammals appeared. They where non placental and proved a speedy failure; none survived. this was an experimental effort to improve mammalian types, but it did not succeed on Urantia.

Not certain how to account for this in my mind – more like some sort of intervention or some student experiment or?? Do you think the Life Carriers would get involved with something like this?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The way I understand it is that everything that is going to evolve is already built into the DNA patterns from the original life implantation.  How they evolve on an experimental planet like ours is probably not fully known.  Why else would they bother to have decimal, or experimental, planets?  There has to be some level unknown in order for it to be an experiment . . . I would think.

49:5.11 Normal adjustments to planetary conditions follow the general physical patterns previously considered. The worlds of the nonbreathers typify the radical or extreme adjustment, but other types are also included in this group. Experimental worlds are usually ideally adapted to the typical life forms, and on thesedecimal planets the Life Carriers attempt to produce beneficial variations in the standard life designs. Since your world is an experimental planet, it differs markedly from its sister spheres in Satania; many forms of life have appeared on Urantia that are not found elsewhere; likewise are many common species absent from yourplanet.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Consider the fact Life Carriers maintain vast laboratories and are permitted to experiment in those labs before they bring life to a planet.  I find this fact appallingly interesting.  We may be a “guinea pig” planet, but the greatest tests are done before we exist!

Marvelous stuff these revelators gave us!

nelsong
    Participant

Well reading between the lines It appears to me that whoever was doing the experimenting is someone who may have done similar experiments elsewhere in the universe, they say it did not succeed on Urantia, they did not say “it did not succeed!”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.