Immanence of the Projected Incomplete

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Immanence of the Projected Incomplete

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

There are two references in the UB that refer to the Immanence of the Projected Incomplete which I reproduced below.

4:1.10 There is also an organic unity in the universes of time and space which seems to underlie the whole fabric of cosmic events. This living presence of the evolving Supreme Being, this Immanence of the Projected Incomplete, is inexplicably manifested ever and anon by what appears to be an amazingly fortuitous co-ordination of apparently unrelated universe happenings. This must be the function of Providence — the realm of the Supreme Being and the Conjoint Actor.

117:7.6 It may be that on the upper limits of the finite, where time conjoins transcended time, there is some sort of blurring and blending of sequence. It may be that the Supreme is able to forecast his universe presence onto these supertime levels and then to a limited degree anticipate future evolution by reflecting this future forecast back to the created levels as the Immanence of the Projected Incomplete. Such phenomena may be observed wherever finite makes contact with superfinite, as in the experiences of human beings who are indwelt by Thought Adjusters that are veritable predictions of man’s future universe attainments throughout all eternity.

The first quote concerns the universe attitude of the Father and is from the chapter titled, God’s Relation to the Universe. It is addressing the phenomenon of providence, the over care of God  as it relates to the coordination of  universe happenings.  The second quote is about the future of the Supreme and is from the chapter titled, God the Supreme. It too is addressing the phenomenon of providence as it relates to God’s preparation for future eventualities. It also makes a brilliant observation that this phenomenon occurs whenever finite makes contact with superfinite.

I found it interesting that the authors chose not to say, when the superfinite makes contact with the finite, and instead, stated it the other way around.  How important, then, is it for man to make contact with superfinite reality?  I think it’s crucial because superfinite reality has already made contact with man.  Now it’s our turn, and this is a critical part of  providence in regards to the future.  There’s so much here to think about and discuss, if anyone is interested.

nelsong
    Participant

I think that it is human nature to focus on the mechanism and fall short of sincere questions as to the origin as opposed to the function of the mechanism. It is easy to be content within the limits that are imposed by the mechanism that we live and breathe in. Our minds can penetrate this barrier however.

When we start to ask questions about origins we are reaching out to the borderlands of the finite to the super finite. When we do this with sincerity there is always some response, some answer, some sort of communication – even if we miss it.

The importance of this contact with super finite is revealed as our faith grows along with our ability to perceive our destinies – imho. And none of this happens without an inquiring mind and effort.

Maybe when we reach out we mimic our creators who do the same thing in their own way.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    nelsong wrote: When we start to ask questions about origins we are reaching out to the borderlands of the finite to the super finite. When we do this with sincerity there is always some response, some answer, some sort of communication – even if we miss it.

Yeah, I agree.  We’re told that the greatest adventure of the flesh is to do as you said, to “. . . to advance the borders of self-consciousness out through the dim realms of embryonic soul-consciousness in a wholehearted effort to reach the borderland of spirit-consciousness—contact with the divine presence.” (196:3.3) And I agree that there is always a response when we do this.

nelsong wrote:  The importance of this contact with super finite is revealed as our faith grows along with our ability to perceive our destinies – imho. And none of this happens without an inquiring mind and effort.
    I think there is another name for contact with the superfinite through faith . . . I call it prayer.  And I think this is how we begin to become aware of the Immanence of the Projected Incomplete, this is discovering our destiny, the way to our future perfection.  And I think it is why, as we progress in the psychic circles, we become more aware of our relationship to the Supreme.   We discover how to complete the incomplete, how to do God’s will.
    nelsong wrote:  Maybe when we reach out we mimic our creators who do the same thing in their own way.

I think this is the meaning of the great circuit of love.  (p1289:03)  I think all of the mind circuit ministries conspire to help us imitate our Creators. 

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

[B]: “We discover how to complete the incomplete, how to do God’s will.”

Nicely put!  This makes me think of the Almighty Supreme pre-echoing the completion of the grand universe;  and since this requires something truly special of the local universes, I got to thinking about our Michael, and those limitations placed upon his engagement with finite things, once his transcendental nature as a Master Michael became a factual actual.

(1318.5, 119:8.6) In the experience of descending from God to man, Michael was concomitantly experiencing the ascent from partiality of manifestability to supremacy of finite action and finality of the liberation of his potential for absonite function. Michael, a Creator Son, is a time-space creator, but Michael, a sevenfold Master Son, is a member of one of the divine corps constituting the Trinity Ultimate.

(242.1, 21:6.2) The completion of the creature-bestowal careers and the elevation to supreme universe sovereignty must signify the completed liberation of a Michael’s finite-action capacities accompanied by the appearance of capacity for more-than-finite service. For in this connection we note that such Master Sons are then restricted in the production of new types of creature beings, a restriction undoubtedly made necessary by the liberation of their superfinite potentialities.

In paper 34 section 3, the author tries to hint at how Michael “acts timelessly within his own universe and by reflectivity practically so in the superuniverse.”  (377.1, 34:3.5) .  This always tickles up wonderful speculation.  As a group, are the Michaels literally the technique that allows the Projected Incomplete to be Immanent?

[B]: “There’s so much here to think about and discuss”

My primate brain melted, just glimpsing the implications.  Oh for that imminent upgrade… :-D

Nigel

Julian
    Julian
    Participant

Hi Bonita,

Thanks for starting this post! I had never heard of this expression before this. I wish I could contribute more. Your comments as well as other’s are very welcome and helpful!

Love,

Julian

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

As a group, are the Michaels literally the technique that allows the Projected Incomplete to be Immanent?

Don’t know, but it’s an interesting thought. We know that the Almighty Supreme is factualizing through the activities of the Supreme Creator Personalities (116:2.14) which the Michaels are a part. (117:6.12) We know that the Master Michaels augment the sovereignty of the Almighty Supreme, (21:3.23) and that their personal sovereignty is like the future sovereignty of the “sometime-to-be-completed Supreme Being”. (21:5.5) We also know that the Almighty Supreme is “the form of the yet unformed, the pattern of the yet uncreated.”(117:6.1) So, being the pattern of the uncreated, is it up to the Creator Son to utilize that pattern in their creative acts?  Yet, after obtaining sovereignty, they are no longer called Creator Sons(21:0.3). They are called Master Michaels and their creative abilities are curtailed in that they can no longer create new types of creatures (21:5.6).  After attaining this status, they are primarily concerned with fostering and administering to that which has already been created (21:5.6).   Their job is to spiritualize and coordinate their creations with cosmic reality, and in that way they are certainly contributing to the Immanence of the Projected Incomplete.

I was thinking that there is a relationship between the immanent and the transcendent; the part and the whole; diversity and unity.   The Master Michaels are partial in relation to total infinity, concerned with their own creation in relation to the whole, yet also, in an unrevealed way, contributing to the whole. (21:6.1)  There’s lots to think about here . . . I’m really not sure about any of this right now and it would be fantastic if those who are reluctant to contribute would try to get over their insecurity, ennui, self-doubt, inhibitions, or whatever it is that is keeping them from participating and helping us out.

21:6.4  Just as the Deity of the Supreme is actualizing by virtue of experiential service, so are the Creator Sons achieving the personal realization of the Paradise-divinity potentials bound up in their unfathomable natures. When on Urantia, Christ Michael once said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” And we believe that in eternity the Michaels are literally destined to be “the way, the truth, and the life,” ever blazing the path for all universe personalities as it leads from supreme divinity through ultimate absonity to eternal deity finality.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“… and it would be fantastic if those who are reluctant to contribute would try to get over their [fill in blank] that is keeping them from participating and helping us out.”

Agreed!  All those who “take delight in cultivating … courageous and independent cosmic thinking(UB 16:6.9), please, jump in!!  :good:

Nigel

emanny3003
    Blocked

Agreed!  All those who “take delight in cultivating … courageous and independent cosmic thinking” (UB 16:6.9), please, jump in!!

Hi Nigel. I’ll take the bait. See my new post in the science section.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

In over my head here on this issue, but it helps me to consider the Supreme as likened unto the collective, planetary results of humanity by the choices and acts of each person who ever lived or lives now but with a singular and personal “self” that can express the power and wisdom of all contributors upon the collective totality of all reality and also, in some way, to the each of that totality – but does so from a personal capacity to learn and effect uniquely and beyond the “collective” ingredients – a chemistry if you will that far exceeds its ingredients – like hydrogen and oxygen becoming water in a way.  And this divine entity probably experiences periods of acceleration of critical mass that emanate new forces previously unknown to ALL beings as an expression of this organismic engine of divine influence upon all experiential beings.

Ascending experience and the totality of spirit progress by each mind is the fuel that feeds this personalization process/engine…which will not be “complete” until every world of mortality is shooting souls into the sky from a trillion seas of glass like shooting stars blazing their way home into the bosom of the Supreme!!  Of course, that is just the beginning of the finality adventure when those same stars are shot into the outer space levels to see what such a new level of being might do next.  Oh dear….and we’ll be among them.

OK…brain hurts.  Back later.  Need to try to understand what I just conjectured in my most primitive way.  But I’m here Bonita……. ;-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m wondering if anyone thinks the Seventh Triunity has anything to do with the Immanence of the Incomplete.

104:4.39-44 The Seventh Triunity — the triunity of infinite unity. This is the unity of infinity functionally manifest in time and eternity, the co-ordinate unification of actuals and potentials. This group consists of:

1. The Universal Father.

2. The Conjoint Actor.

3. The Universal Absolute.

The Conjoint Actor universally integrates the varying functional aspects of all actualized reality on all levels of manifestation, from finites through transcendentals and on to absolutes. The Universal Absolute perfectly compensates the differentials inherent in the varying aspects of all incomplete reality, from the limitless potentialities of active-volitional and causative Deity reality to the boundless possibilities of static, reactive, nondeity reality in the incomprehensible domains of the Unqualified Absolute.

As they function in this triunity, the Conjoint Actor and the Universal Absolute are alike responsive to Deity and to nondeity presences, as also is the First Source and Center, who in this relationship is to all intents and purposes conceptually indistinguishable from the I AM.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Bonita,

(1150.6, 104:4.39) The Seventh Triunity — the triunity of infinite unity. This is the unity of infinity functionally manifest in time and eternity, the co-ordinate unification of actuals and potentials.

Well-spotted! Those “integrating” and “compensating” capacities of the Conjoint Actor and Universal Absolute would certainly be needed to accommodate the eventuation of such a Supreme culmination.

This gets me thinking:  that which we in the finite might conceive of as an “Immanence”, may from the deity perspective be more like one of those absonite pre-echos.  Since the Seventh Triunity involves unifying absolutely everything, and since the Immanence of the Supreme’s Projected Incomplete, almost by definition, means finite completion of absonite projections, maybe we could see the Seventh Triunity functioning as sponsor, via absonite intermediaries, of this phenomenal “Immanence”?

Such compensating integration of finite culminations may be what the author was hinting at here:

(1170.1, 106:7.8) “At the inconceivably distant future eternity moment of the final completion of the entire master universe, no doubt we will all look back upon its entire history as only the beginning, simply the creation of certain finite and transcendental foundations for even greater and more enthralling metamorphoses in uncharted infinity. At such a future eternity moment the master universe will still seem youthful; indeed, it will be always young in the face of the limitless possibilities of never-ending eternity.”

Is this their idea of “getting to first base”?

Nigel

emanny3003
    Blocked

(1170.1, 106:7.8) “At the inconceivably distant future eternity moment of the final completion of the entire master universe, no doubt we will all look back upon its entire history as only the beginning, simply the creation of certain finite and transcendental foundations for even greater and more enthralling metamorphoses in uncharted infinity. At such a future eternity moment the master universe will still seem youthful; indeed, it will be always young in the face of the limitless possibilities of never-ending eternity.”

Is this their idea of “getting to first base”?

Hi Nigel. This is quite an interesting metaphoric reference and not because we are in the ‘throws’ of a World Series in baseball.

Consider that the eternal ellipse has four vertices. This is even more apparent when you examine the ‘evolute’ of the ellipse which looks like a diamond. This evolute represent the radius of curvature as it changes in a path around the ellipse. The vertices represent where motion reflects. If one were to look at an ellipse on a sheet of paper, the vertices would correspond to 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.

As one travels around the ellipse, the radius of curvature can be said to expand, reflect, contract, reflect, then expand again. This goes on and on ad infinitum. The ellipse is a symmetrical construction.

This is precisely the motions of the Master Universe around Paradise. In order to travel around the ellipse, it requires two expansion-contraction cycles. Could it be that it takes 4 billion years to complete one encirclement around Paradise?

It seem that we go around the bases but we never were at bat and we never stop running.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Since the Seventh Triunity involves unifying absolutely everything, and since the Immanence of the Supreme’s Projected Incomplete, almost by definition, means finite completion of absonite projections . . .

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on how the Immanence of the Projected Incomplete is defined as finite completion of absonite projections?  I’m afraid I don’t understand it and need some help.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Bonita — I was afraid you’d ask that!  :-)

Hmm, let’s see.  Any Master Architect worth their salt will fuss over something as important as “foundations”. So in (1170.1, 106:7.8), when they conceptually repackage the achievements of entire master universe age as “simply the creation of certain finite and transcendental foundations”, such foundations must include all the wilful activity of the completed Supreme across the absonite span of the master universe age, all the way up to the appearance on stage of God the Ultimate.

So we can assume the Master Architects have a plan.  I like to imagine (intuit?) such plans as including literally a projection (onto the potentials of finite membranes of creation) of whatever is required to allow those anticipated “enthralling metamorphoses” (1170.1, 106:7.8). Can we think of the Supreme as part of that necessary subinfinite projection?  Could such a projection pre-echo the necessary nature and reality of the Supreme? When projected onto a timelike span of the finite, prior to the actualization of the Supreme, does such an “as-yet-unrealized” actuality of the Supreme become merely an Immanence of what’s to come?

Clearly I’ve waded far beyond my depth, but such intuitive speculation seems at least consistent with UB conceptual vocabulary, and is great fun.

PS: I’ll try to get back to our adjutant exercise by Wednesday.

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Could such a projection pre-echo the necessary nature and reality of the Supreme? When projected onto a timelike span of the finite, prior to the actualization of the Supreme, does such an “as-yet-unrealized” actuality of the Supreme become merely an Immanence of what’s to come?

Well . . . we are told that the Immanence of the Projected Incomplete is the living PRESENCE of the Supreme.  The word presence has huge significance, I think.  Since the presence of the Supreme in any situation or place is a reflection of the presence of God, and since the presence of God is determined by the degree of loyalty to God, I think projected immanence is simply the coordinated existential factuality of completed loyalty relations of all finite reality to Deity.

We are also told that this projected incomplete has something to do with providence, and that providence is the realm of the Supreme Being and the Conjoint Actor. We know that actual universe reality is correlated by the Conjoint Actor and unified on the finite level by the Supreme Being, who is emerging as Deity.  

Immanence has something to do with this inherent and providential relationship between the presence of what IS actual and the living presence of that which is emerging as actual . . . I would think . . . maybe.   Still pondering.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.