Geometry and The Urantia book.

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Geometry and The Urantia book.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Is it permissible to look at TUB through the lens of geometry? I was looking at TUB from the perspective of geometry and this is what I came up with. I welcome and look forward to opinions and critiques if anyone is interested. Please click on diagram supplied as an attachment to see illustration.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

BB

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Is it permissible to look at TUB through the lens of geometry? I was looking at TUB from the perspective of geometry and this is what I came up with. I welcome and look forward to opinions and critiques if anyone is interested. Please click on diagram supplied as an attachment to see illustration.

Fascinating BB! And behind, above, below, supporting all, is the great and mysterious Triangle of Infinity.

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I love geometry – God’s patterns in near infinite expressions for mortals to perceive.  From leaf and snow flake to river basins – points of intersection which illustrate potential and reality.  Can’t wait for additional dimensions!!  A key word search of “dimensions” in the UB brings some interesting results.  Thanks BB.

:good:

(1226.9) 112:1.5 Personality has a perfected range of cosmic dimensional performance. The dimensions of finite personality are three, and they are roughly functional as follows:

(1226.10) 112:1.6 1. Length represents direction and nature of progression — movement through space and according to time — evolution.

(1226.11) 112:1.7 2. Vertical depth embraces the organismal drives and attitudes, the varying levels of self-realization and the general phenomenon of reaction to environment.*

(1226.12) 112:1.8 3. Breadth embraces the domain of co-ordination, association, and selfhood organization.

(1226.13) 112:1.9 The type of personality bestowed upon Urantia mortals has a potentiality of seven dimensions of self-expression or person-realization. These dimensional phenomena are realizable as three on the finite level, three on the absonite level, and one on the absolute level. On subabsolute levels this seventh or totality dimension is experiencible as the fact of personality. This supreme dimension is an associable absolute and, while not infinite, is dimensionally potential for subinfinite penetration of the absolute.

(1226.14) 112:1.10 The finite dimensions of personality have to do with cosmic length, depth, and breadth. Length denotes meaning; depth signifies value; breadth embraces insight — the capacity to experience unchallengeable consciousness of cosmic reality.

(1227.1) 112:1.11 On the morontia level all of these finite dimensions of the material level are greatly enhanced, and certain new dimensional values are realizable. All these enlarged dimensional experiences of the morontia level are marvelously articulated with the supreme or personality dimension through the influence of mota and also because of the contribution of morontia mathematics.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Also, when describing space and time, Jesus once said (restated)  1439.5, 130:7.7 :

“It must be apparent that universal reality has an expanding and always relative meaning on the ascending and perfecting levels of the cosmos. Ultimately, surviving mortals achieve identity in a seven-dimensional universe.”  (1439.5, 130:7.7)

Nigel

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Also, when describing space and time, Jesus once said (restated) 1439.5, 130:7.7 :

“It must be apparent that universal reality has an expanding and always relative meaning on the ascending and perfecting levels of the cosmos. Ultimately, surviving mortals achieve identity in a seven-dimensional universe.” (1439.5, 130:7.7) Nigel

Interesting quote. I am trying to figure out what universe is the quote referring to… is it Nebadon?

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I love geometry – God’s patterns in near infinite expressions for mortals to perceive. From leaf and snow flake to river basins – points of intersection which illustrate potential and reality. Can’t wait for additional dimensions!! A key word search of “dimensions” in the UB brings some interesting results. Thanks BB. :good: (1226.9) 112:1.5 Personality has a perfected range of cosmic dimensional performance. The dimensions of finite personality are three, and they are roughly functional as follows: (1226.10) 112:1.6 1. Length represents direction and nature of progression — movement through space and according to time — evolution. (1226.11) 112:1.7 2. Vertical depth embraces the organismal drives and attitudes, the varying levels of self-realization and the general phenomenon of reaction to environment.* (1226.12) 112:1.8 3. Breadth embraces the domain of co-ordination, association, and selfhood organization. (1226.13) 112:1.9 The type of personality bestowed upon Urantia mortals has a potentiality of seven dimensions of self-expression or person-realization. These dimensional phenomena are realizable as three on the finite level, three on the absonite level, and one on the absolute level. On subabsolute levels this seventh or totality dimension is experiencible as the fact of personality. This supreme dimension is an associable absolute and, while not infinite, is dimensionally potential for subinfinite penetration of the absolute. (1226.14) 112:1.10 The finite dimensions of personality have to do with cosmic length, depth, and breadth. Length denotes meaning; depth signifies value; breadth embraces insight — the capacity to experience unchallengeable consciousness of cosmic reality. (1227.1) 112:1.11 On the morontia level all of these finite dimensions of the material level are greatly enhanced, and certain new dimensional values are realizable. All these enlarged dimensional experiences of the morontia level are marvelously articulated with the supreme or personality dimension through the influence of mota and also because of the contribution of morontia mathematics.

I completely forgot to add personality to the illustration. I will have to redo it. Thanks for those references.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

I apologize for the crude drawing. I used a digital sketch pad which is very challenging! :-)

BB

emanny3003
    Blocked

Seven dimensions as Nigel quoted.  Length, width and breadth.  But these three are an unbounded cubic.  TUB says that space is not an unbounded cube.  Recall that the finite is a projection from the infinite and unbounded.  Space and, therefore motion, is bounded.  Projection from the unbounded cubic gives us a 4 dimensional space, which is hyperbolic.  This is associated  and inseparable with circular time;  three dimensional.  These are the 7 dimensions of time-space.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.