Era of Light and Life and the humanizing of Midwayers and others

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Era of Light and Life and the humanizing of Midwayers and others

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So….suddenly I am consumed by curiosity about this humanizing topic and how TA’s operate and minister beyond mortal mind indwelling.  I can find very little about it….so far.  But this is interesting and sheds some light for our speculation:

108:4.2 (1190.3) While not subordinate to, co-ordinate with, or apparently related to, the work of the universe of universes, though acting independently in the minds of the children of men, unceasingly do these mysterious presences urge the creatures of their indwelling toward divine ideals, always luring them upward toward the purposes and aims of a future and better life. These Mystery Monitors are continually assisting in the establishment of the spiritual dominion of Michael throughout the universe of Nebadon while mysteriously contributing to the stabilization of the sovereignty of the Ancients of Days in Orvonton. The Adjusters are the will of God, and since the Supreme Creator children of God also personally embody that same will, it is inevitable that the actions of Adjusters and the sovereignty of the universe rulers should be mutually interdependent. Though apparently unconnected, the Father presence of the Adjusters and the Father sovereignty of Michael of Nebadon must be diverse manifestations of the same divinity.

108:4.3 (1190.4) Thought Adjusters appear to come and go quite independent of any and all other spiritual presences; they seem to function in accordance with universe laws quite apart from those which govern and control the performances of all other spirit influences. But regardless of such apparent independence, long-range observation unquestionably discloses that they function in the human mind in perfect synchrony and co-ordination with all other spirit ministries, including adjutant mind-spirits, Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth, and other influences.

108:4.4 (1190.5) When a world is isolated by rebellion, when a planet is cut off from all outside encircuited communication, as was Urantia after the Caligastia upheaval, aside from personal messengers there remains but one possibility of direct interplanetary or universe communication, and that is through the liaison of the Adjusters of the spheres. No matter what happens on a world or in a universe, the Adjusters are never directly concerned. The isolation of a planet in no way affects the Adjusters and their ability to communicate with any part of the local universe, superuniverse, or the central universe. And this is the reason why contacts with the supreme and the self-acting Adjusters of the reserve corps of destiny are so frequently made on quarantined worlds. Recourse is had to such a technique as a means of circumventing the handicaps of planetary isolation. In recent years the archangels’ circuit has functioned on Urantia, but that means of communication is largely limited to the transactions of the archangel corps itself.

108:4.5 (1191.1) We are cognizant of many spirit phenomena in the far-flung universe which we are at a loss fully to understand. We are not yet masters of all that is transpiring about us; and I believe that much of this inscrutable work is wrought by the Gravity Messengers and certain types of Mystery Monitors. I do not believe that Adjusters are devoted solely to the remaking of mortal minds. I am persuaded that the Personalized Monitors and other orders of unrevealed prepersonal spirits are representative of the Universal Father’s direct and unexplained contact with the creatures of the realms.

As two related points for the triangulation of our speculation, I have noted that the TA Papers are authored by Solitary Messengers (Papers 107-112) presented in Paper 23 (an excellent read and presents an obvious affiliation with the Father Fragments IMO).  And then there are the Gravity Messengers (see above in 108:4.5 and Paper 31, Section 2).  Most beings from the Superuniverses and Local do not appear to truly understand the relationships between TA’s and other forms of Deity and/or Paradise origin Beings but TA’s do certainly have many sources and forms of knowledge and communication and power and influence throughout all of creation…

…including the Supreme – who is both creature and creator!!  We know the TA is intimately associated with the Supreme.

Between reflectivity and the Mystery Monitors (Thought Adjusters), God is all knowing, all the time, and instantly so.  This network is always functional and is always precisely accurate…consider the points in this network and the ability for reflectivity to become focused to any point and any mind in time and space….these are some of the potentials to be considered in the 7 Corps of Finality and the eventuation of potential in the current inhabited universes of time and space!!

3:3.3 [Part I]
    God is possessed of unlimited power to know all things; his consciousness is universal. His personal circuit encompasses all personalities, and his knowledge of even the lowly creatures is supplemented indirectly through the descending series of divine Sons and directly through the indwelling Thought Adjusters. And furthermore, the Infinite Spirit is all the time everywhere present.

There are about 100 quotes about Thought Adjusters in the earlier papers prior to those papers with that in their titles:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=%22thought+adjusters%22&zoom_per_page=100&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

and a similar # for Thought Adjuster:

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=%22thought+adjuster%22&zoom_per_page=100&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

I find the following quote very interesting and potentially important regarding the “humanizing” of others:

6:4.6 [Part I]
    Spiritually the Eternal Son is omnipresent. The spirit of the Eternal Son is most certainly with you and around you, but not within you and a part of you like the Mystery Monitor. The indwelling Father fragment adjusts the human mind to progressively divine attitudes, whereupon such an ascending mind becomes increasingly responsive to the spiritual drawing power of the all-powerful spirit-gravity circuit of the Second Source and Center.

Adjusts the “human” or humanized mind to progressive attitudes increasingly responsive?  Perhaps the minds of midwayers, guardians, and materials does not and cannot become “increasingly responsive” to spirit-gravity until humanized and indwelt?

Just thinking out loud here…………..   ;-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:. . . what does the reception of a Thought Adjuster do for and to these 3 classes of, now, one time celestials that is so transformative and of such a transcendent nature?!
    Your question reminded me of what happened to Cain when he received his Adjuster.  Cain was not a celestial, but he was the son of a celestial.  Prior to receiving his Adjuster, he was filled with fear.  After getting his Adjuster, he himself, became the one others feared because of his superiority.
    BTW, the comment in the quote below about the Adjuster looking out through the eyes of Cain is something I discovered when I was 8yrs old.  I had a distinct sense of a superior being inside my head viewing the world through my eyes, who incidentally was extremely interested in all of it.  At the time I turned it into a game and that game became the alter ego approach to Deity I learned long, long before ever reading about such a thing in TUB.  I know it’s true first hand.
    So, the presence of an Adjuster provides the “other-than-self”, the perfect partner.  When you have a perfect partner, life is so much richer, vibrant, exciting and full. Celestials probably don’t have to deal with animal type fear, but they do have to deal with some level of isolation of personality and resultant loneliness. With an Adjuster, that vanishes.  Can’t imagine not having one.

76:2.8 Cain’s life in Mesopotamia had not been exactly happy since he was in such a peculiar way symbolic of the default. It was not that his associates were unkind to him, but he had not been unaware of their subconscious resentment of his presence. But Cain knew that, since he bore no tribal mark, he would be killed by the first neighboring tribesmen who might chance to meet him. Fear, and some remorse, led him to repent. Cain had never been indwelt by an Adjuster, had always been defiant of the family discipline and disdainful of his father’s religion. But he now went to Eve, his mother, and asked for spiritual help and guidance, and when he honestly sought divine assistance, an Adjuster indwelt him. And this Adjuster, dwelling within and looking out, gave Cain a distinct advantage of superiority which classed him with the greatly feared tribe of Adam.

I’m beginning to wonder about what “permanent” might mean outside of Havona.

Well, they do tell us that our permanent mailing address is Ascendington until we reach seventh-stage spirit status.

(147.5) 13:2.1 These home worlds of the diverse orders of spiritual beings are tremendous and stupendous spheres, and they are equal to Paradise in their matchless beauty and superb glory. They are rendezvous worlds, reunion spheres, serving as permanent cosmic addresses. As finaliters you will be domiciled on Paradise, but Ascendington will be your home address at all times, even when you enter service in outer space. Through all eternity you will regard Ascendington as your home of sentimental memories and reminiscent recollections. When you become seventh-stage spirit beings, possibly you will give up your residential status on Paradise.

Gene
    Participant

. . . so perhaps all beings from time and space will eventually migrate to the outer space regions upon the final settlement of current time and space in Light and Life?

Do you mean as permanent residents? Or for service only?

I’m beginning to wonder about what “permanent” might mean outside of Havona. But I do wonder who will be left in the 7 Super Universes once the Supreme is actualized and the 7 Corps of Finality are dispatched? What of the Michaels and the Descending Sons and all the Seraphim in all their many forms, and, and, and……?? And the Son fused and Spirit fused? For me, I’ve always had this yondering, wandering streak…the rolling stone that gathers no moss and is keen to see over the horizon and the next, facing the changeless and endless change to come, never grasping here or now, but truly a traveler in time and not a destination and itinerary focused tourist! I’ve always felt a little peculiar and yet totally oriented to reality in some way by my lack of attachments to the bridge I find myself upon today. Once I discovered the UB, I felt less peculiar and understood that we, more than any other beings in creation perhaps, are indeed rolling stones with no place to call home…except that relationship within, the one constant and companion for all time and eternity….otherwise, the adventure is best embraced by the explorer within who relishes uncertainty and feasts upon the unknown to come and can face those with certain courage and blissful assurance. It is this we are designed for and built for and destined for!! We mortals more than any and all others! Only we will come to know every level of existence and embrace personally every level of universe reality by our experience. What an adventure! :good:

Indeed

as for the fate of the super Universes I was reading this:

(176.5) 15:8.10 The superuniverse of Orvonton is apparently now running down; the outer universes seem to be winding up for unparalleled future activities;

(177.14) 15:9.15 When there develops such a spiritual harmony in a local universe that its individual and combined circuits become indistinguishable from those of the superuniverse, when such identity of function and oneness of ministry actually prevail, then does the local universe immediately swing into the settled circuits of light and life, becoming at once eligible for admission into the spiritual confederation of the perfected union of the supercreation. The requisites for admission to the councils of the Ancients of Days, membership in the superuniverse confederation, are:
    (177.15) 15:9.16 1. Physical Stability. The stars and planets of a local universe must be in equilibrium; the periods of immediate stellar metamorphosis must be over. The universe must be proceeding on a clear track; its orbit must be safely and finally settled.

(177.16) 15:9.17 2. Spiritual Loyalty. There must exist a state of universal recognition of, and loyalty to, the Sovereign Son of God who presides over the affairs of such a local universe. There must have come into being a state of harmonious co-operation between the individual planets, systems, and constellations of the entire local universe.

seems to me that physics are tied to light and life?

what is meant by Orvonton running down?

We are not told about the status of other local universes including our own but the individual and combined circuits of local creations are likely a long way from being indistinguishable from superuniverse.

Its amazing zing how this process of attaining  light and life is tied to material/physical and intelligent life creations.

i think Orvonton will be recycled into the circulating energy streams.

curious- if the 7 super Universes stain L&l separately, will the grand universe become unbalanced ? I’m certain it will all adapt.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

What does this mean?

Gene
    Participant

What does this mean?

You asked the question about who will be left in the super Universes after the Supreme is actualized. I’m just taking the thought one step farther.

my imagination says no-one and the super Universes will have outlived their usefulness.

What do you think is the destiny of an empty creation?

recycle sounds reasonable.

but it’s pure fiction in my brain

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

You asked the question about who will be left in the super Universes after the Supreme is actualized. I’m just taking the thought one step farther. my imagination says no-one and the super Universes will have outlived their usefulness. What do you think is the destiny of an empty creation? recycle sounds reasonable. but it’s pure fiction in my brain

Didn’t Bradly ask that question? Doesn’t matter.

You do realize that Havona is stable and perfect and inhabited, right?  When the seven superuniverses are stabilized and perfected, they will also be inhabited.  And when the first outer space level reaches it’s ultimate level of stability and transcendence, it too will be inhabited while the second outer space level goes through its development.  On and on and on . . .

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

On and on and on . . .

and on and on and on . . . which means the Universe is extremely young.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I agree.  It will all keep going on and on and on . . . .

15:8.10 The living power directors and force organizers are the secret of the special control and intelligent direction of the endless metamorphoses of universe making, unmaking, and remaking. Nebulae may disperse, suns burn out, systems vanish, and planets perish, but the universes do not run down.

But the goal is stability, and stability is accomplished by the coordination of cosmic reality.  Stability is proportional to divinity and the goal is divinity attainment on all levels of reality where God is the most real and hence the most stable.

(241.1) 21:5.7 The elevation of a sevenfold bestowal Son to the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe means the beginning of the end of agelong uncertainty and relative confusion. Subsequent to this event, that which cannot be sometime spiritualized will eventually be disorganized; that which cannot be sometime co-ordinated with cosmic reality will eventually be destroyed. When the provisions of endless mercy and nameless patience have been exhausted in an effort to win the loyalty and devotion of the will creatures of the realms, justice and righteousness will prevail. That which mercy cannot rehabilitate justice will eventually annihilate.

Light and Life is about stability of matter, mind and spirit both for the individual and the entire universe.

12:6.1 The universe is nonstatic. Stability is not the result of inertia but rather the product of balanced energies, co-operative minds, co-ordinated morontias, spirit overcontrol, and personality unification. Stability is wholly and always proportional to divinity.

12:7.5 Because God is changeless, therefore can you depend, in all ordinary circumstances, on his doing the same thing in the same identical and ordinary way. God is the assurance of stability for all created things and beings. He is God; therefore he changes not.

116:5.12 The time universes are not perfect; that is their destiny. The struggle for perfection pertains not only to the intellectual and the spiritual levels but also to the physical level of energy and mass. The settlement of the seven superuniverses in light and life presupposes their attainment of physical stability. And it is conjectured that the final attainment of material equilibrium will signify the completed evolution of the physical control of the Almighty.

116:6.4 That energy can be directionized by the action of controller personalities discloses the responsiveness of energy to mind action. That mass can be stabilized through the action of these same controlling entities indicates the responsiveness of mass to the order-producing presence of mind. And that spirit itself in volitional personality can strive through mind for the mastery of energy-matter discloses the potential unity of all finite creation.

32:3.2 The physical systems of time and space are all evolutionary in origin. They are not even physically stabilized until they are swung into the settled circuits of their superuniverses. Neither is a local universe settled in light and life until its physical possibilities of expansion and development have been exhausted, and until the spiritual status of all its inhabited worlds has been forever settled and stabilized.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

This quote was posted prior but I missed a significant element regarding “humanization” – the role of the Life Carriers!

55:4.9 [Part II]
    The System Sovereign has authority to release midway creatures any time after the first settled stage so that they may humanize in the morontia by the aid of the Life Carriers and the physical controllers and, after receiving Thought Adjusters, start out on their Paradise ascension.

Me:  Interesting….the Materials, Guardians, and Midwayers already have mind and life…so what is it the Life Carriers and physical controllers contribute to humanizing?  LC’s have the initial duty to deliver life to the worlds of time and space…but they also have many other duties and functions as well.

36:1.4 [Part II]
    When an evolutionary planet is finally settled in light and life, the Life Carriers are organized into the higher deliberative bodies of advisory capacity to assist in the further administration and development of the world and its glorified beings. In the later and settled ages of an evolving universe these Life Carriers are intrusted with many new duties.

Me:  The LC’s have a very intimate link and association to the Adjutants.  One of the Life Carrier Worlds is the sphere of life associated with mind.  I am wondering if there is some mind or mind ministry alteration required for humanization?  The human mind is slowly weaned from the Adjutants to morontia mind via the soul and it is this mind that becomes our ascendant’s mind after material death (or so I understand).  But for those celestials who must be humanized…is there a season of adjutant ministry and experience required?

36:5.3 (401.7) The central lodgments of the adjutant spirits on the Life Carrier headquarters world indicate to the Life Carrier supervisors the extent and quality of the mind function of the adjutants on any world and in any given living organism of intellect status. These life-mind emplacements are perfect indicators of living mind function for the first five adjutants. But with regard to the sixth and seventh adjutant spirits — worship and wisdom — these central lodgments record only a qualitative function. The quantitative activity of the adjutant of worship and the adjutant of wisdom is registered in the immediate presence of the Divine Minister on Salvington, being a personal experience of the Universe Mother Spirit.

36:5.4 (402.1) The seven adjutant mind-spirits always accompany the Life Carriers to a new planet, but they should not be regarded as entities; they are more like circuits. The spirits of the seven universe adjutants do not function as personalities apart from the universe presence of the Divine Minister; they are in fact a level of consciousness of the Divine Minister and are always subordinate to the action and presence of their creative mother.

Note:  For those interested in a study of Paper 36 – The Life Carriers, be advised that the International Study Day for May 19-20 2018 is on that Paper!  Here’s the link:

https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/2018-international-study-day/

:good:

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.