effectiveness of placing Urantia Book related adds

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions effectiveness of placing Urantia Book related adds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chucksmith1982
    Participant

I am considering placing an add in all of the local newspapers to try and find local people who might be interested in reading the revelation. Given the fact that I live in the Deep South, I have to be careful how I word it. I thought I’d post my add here and get some feedback. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Chuck

I’d like to meet open minded people who would be interested in thoroughly and completely reading, studying, and discussing a text dealing with religion, science, history, and philosophy. This text is known as The Urantia Book. For some, it provides answers to all of their religious questions while raising other deeper ones and then answering them. It is, for them, a lifetime resource and the source document of their religious faith. It is a challenging text to read on all levels: physical, (the book is 2097 pages long) intellectual, (the reader must have an excellent dictionary, must be willing and able to think carefully and deeply throughout the book, and the text has unique words and concepts that are explained within its’ pages) emotional (the text will challenge all previously held beliefs and will cause reaction to having said beliefs being challenged) and spiritual. (For some it will transform every area of life and give, or deepen, that sense of connection and relationship with God that may be missing.)
    To read, study, or download the text in various formats visit
    http://www.urantia.org
    where a frequently asked questions section under the study link may be found. I may be contacted inserted contact info both phone and email here. Please leave a message on my voicemail if I don’t answer. My name is Charles Smith.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I am considering placing an add in all of the local newspapers to try and find local people who might be interested in reading the revelation. Given the fact that I live in the Deep South, I have to be careful how I word it. I thought I’d post my add here and get some feedback. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance. Chuck I’d like to meet open minded people who would be interested in thoroughly and completely reading, studying, and discussing a text dealing with religion, science, history, and philosophy. This text is known as The Urantia Book. For some, it provides answers to all of their religious questions while raising other deeper ones and then answering them. It is, for them, a lifetime resource and the source document of their religious faith. It is a challenging text to read on all levels: physical, (the book is 2097 pages long) intellectual, (the reader must have an excellent dictionary, must be willing and able to think carefully and deeply throughout the book, and the text has unique words and concepts that are explained within its’ pages) emotional (the text will challenge all previously held beliefs and will cause reaction to having said beliefs being challenged) and spiritual. (For some it will transform every area of life and give, or deepen, that sense of connection and relationship with God that may be missing.) To read, study, or download the text in various formats visit http://www.urantia.org where a frequently asked questions section under the study link may be found. I may be contacted inserted contact info both phone and email here. Please leave a message on my voicemail if I don’t answer. My name is Charles Smith.

Hi Chuck, Godspeed if it’s the divine will. Guess I’m in the Shallow South (the other end of the protestant pool, Texas?) but your ad would be received about the same regardless of our cultural and traditional depth. The editor in me says the ad is a good start, but it’s a bit wordy and gives too much info and requires too much. And do edits like dropping the long here: “…it’s 2097 pages long.”

But I understand your intent to ward off all insincere and antagonistic replies. Study on!

Richard E Warren

chucksmith1982
    Participant

Thanks Rick! I’ve edited the add. What do you think?

I’d like to meet open minded people who would be interested in reading, studying, and discussing a text dealing with religion, science, history, and philosophy. It is known as The Urantia Book. For some, it provides answers to all religious questions while raising other deeper ones and then answering them. It is a lifetime resource and the source document of their religious faith. It is a challenge to read on all levels: physical, (it is 2097 pages) intellectual, (an excellent dictionary is needed, one must be willing to think carefully and deeply throughout the book, and unique words and concepts are explained within its’ pages) emotional (all previously held beliefs will be challenged and this will cause reaction) and spiritual. (For some it will transform all areas of life and give, or deepen, that sense of connection and relationship with God that may be missing.)
    To read, study, or download the text in various formats visit
    http://www.urantia.org
    where a frequently asked questions section under the study link may be found. I may be contacted by email at deleted info
    or by phone at deleted info. Please leave a message if I don’t answer.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks Rick! I’ve edited the add. What do you think? I’d like to meet open minded people who would be interested in reading, studying, and discussing a text dealing with religion, science, history, and philosophy. It is known as The Urantia Book. For some, it provides answers to all religious questions while raising other deeper ones and then answering them. It is a lifetime resource and the source document of their religious faith. It is a challenge to read on all levels: physical, (it is 2097 pages) intellectual, (an excellent dictionary is needed, one must be willing to think carefully and deeply throughout the book, and unique words and concepts are explained within its’ pages) emotional (all previously held beliefs will be challenged and this will cause reaction) and spiritual. (For some it will transform all areas of life and give, or deepen, that sense of connection and relationship with God that may be missing.) To read, study, or download the text in various formats visit http://www.urantia.org where a frequently asked questions section under the study link may be found. I may be contacted by email at deleted info or by phone at deleted info. Please leave a message if I don’t answer.

Once again, Chuck, I applaud your thoughtful and sincere effort to get the book’s teachings better known. I would however make it less wordy, and remove anything that creates confusion or doubt. This is just a suggestion from a fellow reader, my inner editor would amend your pitch this way:

I’d like to meet open minded people who would be interested in reading, studying, and discussing a new revelatory text dealing with religion, science, history, and philosophy. It is known as The Urantia Book. To read, study, listen to, or download the text in 17 languages, visit urantia.org. I may be contacted by email at deleted info or by phone at deleted info. Please leave a message.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.