Disappearing / duplicate topics

Home Forums Support & Suggestions Disappearing / duplicate topics

10 sujets de 1 à 10 (sur un total de 10)
  • Auteur
    Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Mods — just had a rough few hours trying to create a new topic under Science and History, « Particle mass and ultimatons ».

All went well (3 longish posts nicely polished and submitted), then I thought I should add some « tags ».  Bad move, the entire set of new posts disappeared.

Not to worry.  I tried to add them again.  Sadly, all attempts to recreate this thread failed.  Looks like some invisible relic of the thread is stopping my attempts to recreate a new version with a similar title.  I get this message:

ERROR: Duplicate topic detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

Can someone please check the [Science and History] branch and delete « Particle mass and ultimatons »?

I’ll then try again to add the set of three posts.

thanks!

Nigel

André
    André
    Participant

Idem,

…. last weeks submit 2 posts and both disappear.

2 participants claims to received by e-mail.

« ERROR: Duplicate topic detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that! »

re: maybe polishing them (edit/submit) did contribute of their lost.

?????

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi again Mods,

I’d like to re-try creating my thread in [Science & History] with title « Particle mass and ultimatons« .

Please let me know if whatever caused my problem (see above) has been cleared or reset, and I’ll try again.  If you can find no problem, and if Admin sees no hints in the website’s log, I’ll ask one of you start a thread with that title, and I’ll start to add my posts.

PS: regarding what may have caused the problem, when I tried to add tags, I entered 6 words, separated only by a space.  The software may have tried to treat that entire string as one tag, and got confused.  I’m guessing multiple tags need a separator character… ?

thanks – Nigel

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1
    Modérateur

Hi Mods — just had a rough few hours trying to create a new topic under Science and History, “Particle mass and ultimatons”.

Sorry Nigel for the delay.  I see this has been sorted out for you.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Mods – Yep, I just tried again, and all looks good! many thanks :good:

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Mods – that disappeared thread [ Ultimatons and particle mass ] has reappeared.

I replaced that (lost) thread with [ Particle mass and ultimatons ].

Can someone please delete the old version? Currently, the one to delete has 3 posts, and the one to keep has 5.

It’s the 3-post version that should be deleted  :good:

thanks – Nigel

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1
    Modérateur

It’s the 3-post version that should be deleted

Done.  :-)

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Thanks!!

André
    André
    Participant

January 13, 2017

Hi Moderators,

Same problem. (again)

Try to post section   forum/study aid/UBIS

got a: ERROR: Duplicate topic detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

André
    André
    Participant

Disappearing / duplicate topics

January 13, 2017

In section   Study aids/UbIS  +  this one when trying explain the situation.

10 sujets de 1 à 10 (sur un total de 10)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.